Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation

hi,

we are using db2 udb v8.1 on win 64 bit with fp3  with type 4
db2jcc.jar driver.

i have this problem happened sometimes when try to execute a query and
failed.

com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a
distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected.  Reason:
0x3

does any one know what does that mean?
0
dai_xi

I would interpret such as message as meaning that you should open a PMR.
"xixi" <dai_xi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> we are using db2 udb v8.1 on win 64 bit with fp3  with type 4
> db2jcc.jar driver.
>
> i have this problem happened sometimes when try to execute a query and
> failed.
>
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a
> distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
> conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected.  Reason:
> 0x3
>
> does any one know what does that mean?

0
Mark
11/16/2003 8:01:53 AM
I don't suppose you are calling a stored procedure with MRSP resultset,
are you? I remember there was a known apar about JCC drivers and stored
procedure returning resultset.

Mark Yudkin wrote:
> I would interpret such as message as meaning that you should open a PMR.
> "xixi" <dai_xi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>hi,
>>
>>we are using db2 udb v8.1 on win 64 bit with fp3  with type 4
>>db2jcc.jar driver.
>>
>>i have this problem happened sometimes when try to execute a query and
>>failed.
>>
>>com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a
>>distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
>>conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected.  Reason:
>>0x3
>>
>>does any one know what does that mean?

I'd rather believe this is a jcc jdbc driver bug. You need to contact IBM.

If this is not production system, You can use app jdbc driver to
temporarily replace jcc jdbc driver to bypass the error. Because app
driver is not type-4 jdbc driver, you have to configure the db2 client
first.
Using app jdbc driver will also solve the problem - error code 99999 - You
posted to this newsgroup before.

Regards,
FRX

xixi wrote:

> hi,
>
> we are using db2 udb v8.1 on win 64 bit with fp3  with type 4
> db2jcc.jar driver.
>
> i have this problem happened sometimes when try to execute a query and
> failed.
>
> com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.DisconnectException: Execution failed due to a
> distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
> conversation.  A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected.  Reason:
> 0x3
>
> does any one know what does that mean?

0
Fan

SQL30020N Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error
The Error in play is CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL30020N Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error that will affect the successful execution of subsequent commands and SQL statements: Reason Code "". SQLSTATE=58009 sqlstate = 40003 My Target is a DB2/UDB 8.2.2 database on SuSE Linux. This has been happening regularly. First is my hope that there is a quick fix to get over this problem. Secondly, however, I'd like to understand how connection timeouts, lock timeouts etc affect DB2 and what are the settings to tweak and play around with to find the opt...

SQL 2012 CLR Function Causing Error:
We are in the process of migrating our SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition environment to a new SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition. Both current and the new environments are Active / Passive SQL cluster and I have been running a CLR function on the existing environment which I am trying to migrate. The function returns fine most of the time, but at intermittent times, its giving me the following error: Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Line 3 A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "<FunctionName>": System.ApplicationExceptio...

OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error -6550
Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this problem I have tried everything. I have an identical package and procedure on a different database that works fine. Request Failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We were unable to process your request at this time. Error occured while accessing "/protrak/BID_MAN_GET_BID.bid_progress_List_Active_Bids" at Mon Jul 28 11:53:23 2003 OWS-05101: Execution failed due to Oracle error -6550 PL/SQL Cartridge SERVICE: Protrak/btsst PROCEDURE: BID_MAN_GET_BID.bid_progress_List_Active_Bids PARAMETERS: =========== P_PROSPECT_ID: 47486 PBIDTYPE: ALL PDUEDAYS: ALL POVERDUEBIDS: Y PANDOR: OR PTASKLIST: ALL PTASKDAYS: ALL POVERDUETASKS: Y Please try again later Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks ...

DB2 AIX Create Database fails with Memory Allocation Error
I am trying to create a new database using DB2 UDB 8.1 on AIX. When I attempt to use the control center GUI, the error being returned is: SQL1224N, SQLSTATE 55032. When I attempt to use the command line, I get: SQL00083. What I can't believe is that there would be a memory allocation error b/c the 32 bit version of DB2 is running and there's nothing else active on the server. Any ideas? Thanks, Ari this first step would be to have a look at your db2diag.log file, if need be, bring it to level 4. secondly, have a look at various database manager level configurati...

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N communication error on DB2/POrtal on AIX
Hi, I have installed WebSphere Portal on AIX and connected to DB2 on a remote machine, Getting the followin errors when trying to get the values from database thru applications installed on Portal. Any Help Appreciated. Thanks in advance. Praveen Singh IBM Workplace, India COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "9.33.12.221". Communication function detectin...

SQL to Oracle update trigger fails due to distributed transaction error 7391
Hi, I am having a hard time creating a Trigger to update an Oracle database. I am using a SQL Server 2005 Express database on a Win XP Pro SP2 desktop, linked to an Oracle 10g database on a remote Windows 2003 server. Both machines are on the same domain and very close physically (<1ms ping). I have set up the Oracle linked server in SQLEXPRESS, added the login/pw information, and I can execute select and update queries successfully using both four-part naming and OPENQUERY. Here is the actual trigger that I created: USE [AdventureWorks] GO SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDEN...

DbDirectory.OpenMailDatabase causes "Database Open Failed (%1)" on the third execution
I have a somewhat strange problem having to do with OpenMailDatabase off the NotesDbDirectory class. I am using COM classes defined in domobj.tlb and implemented in nlsxbe.dll. The application I am writing integrates with Notes for C&S and has a singleton class which contains the NotesSession object and all access to the session is done through it. When the singleton is created the session is created and initialized. Then I create a couple of documents by dbdir = session.GetDbDirectory db = dbdir.OpenMailDatabase db.CreateDocument Then I do some other stuff which primaril...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

ERROR: REINDEX DATABASE: Can be executed only on the currently open database.
I suspect there is something wrong because it takes 73s to delete a single line from a table whith 140 lines. So I tried to reindex the database: bash-2.05b$ postgres -P -O -D /var/lib/pgsql/data KakaoStats LOG: database system was shut down at 2004-04-11 19:55:10 BRT LOG: checkpoint record is at 7/9505D650 LOG: redo record is at 7/9505D650; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE LOG: next transaction id: 24438; next oid: 1850892 LOG: database system is ready POSTGRES backend interactive interface 1.307.2.1 2003/01/01 21:57:18 backend> reindex database KakaoStats ERROR: ...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on >...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this previously.... Following is my code... PROC SQL; CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 SCHEMA='MEMBER' USER=&UID PASSWORD=&PWD); CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS AS SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO DB2 ( SELECT A.SUTL_RGTR_ID ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM ,A.CRCT_IND ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS RSDT ,CASE A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS AIDT ,CASE A.STRG_NET_WRT...

Error 8 occurred when building an executable due to file permission error?
I received this error on executable builds from two different .vis.&nbsp; Other .vis in the project build without incident and the message below doesn't seem to indicate the file that is causing the problem, unless it is the SPT-errors.txt file listed at the end of the error message. &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 8 occurred at Copy in AB_Engine_Copy_Error_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Error_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt...

migratepv failed with: lmigratepp: The migrate failed due to an error during the resync phase
I'm still moving off old VSS storage to ESS storage. Pretty straight forward using migratepv. But I ran into this on one problem VG: migratepv hdisk4 hdisk16 0516-009 lmigratepp: The migrate failed due to an error during the resync phase. 0516-812 migratepv: Warning, migratepv did not completely succeed; all physical partitions have not been moved off the PV. Yikes. Here's the details: # lsvg -p sybinstl sybinstl: PV_NAME PV STATE TOTAL PPs FREE PPs FREE DISTRIBUTION hdisk4 active 67 66 14..13..13..12..14 hdisk16 ...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0206N
I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this previously.... Following is my code... PROC SQL; CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 SCHEMA='MEMBER' USER=&UID PASSWORD=&PWD); CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS AS SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO DB2 ( SELECT A.SUTL_RGTR_ID ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM ,A.CRCT_IND ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS RSDT ,CASE A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS AIDT ,CASE A.STRG_NET_WRT...

Database Conversion error
I got error message like "run time error 3421: data type conversion error" how can i fix the trouble like that, any references should i include in ? any help would be great thank you Before conversion, perform these steps using your old version of Access. 1. Make a backup copy. 2. If you see an LDB file in the same folder as your database, delete it. 3. Compact the database to get rid of any temp objects: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact. 4. Decompile by entering this into a command prompt while Access is not running. (It's one line, and include the quotes.) &qu...

Re: ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:01:54 -0800, shaunak.adgaonkar@gmail.com <shaunak.adgaonkar@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this >previously.... Following is my code... > >PROC >SQL; >CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 >SCHEMA='MEMBER' > USER=&UID >PASSWORD=&PWD); > CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS >AS > SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO >DB2 > >( > >SELECT > >A.SUTL_RGTR_ID > ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE > ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM > ,A.CRCT_IND > ,CASE > A.SUTL_...

CreateProcessW in a service fails with error c0000142 ("DLL Initialization Failed") due to desktop restrictions ?
Hi folks, I have a service running as a non-privileged user (a local system ..\user), and I am using CreateProcessW() to install some MSI executable package in "unattended" mode (setup.exe /q), using the local Administrator credentials. When executing the executables, the return code (GetExitCodeProcess()) is -1073741502 (c0000142, "DLL Initialization Failed"). The failing DLL name is unfortunately not given :) However, KB 165194 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/165194) suggests that CreateProcessAsUser() might fail with a "Initialization of the ...

DVDBurn v0.9.6.1 error: Error 41 Bad arithmetic conversion due to unset variables
I spent a couple of hours trying to determine the cause of this problem. When I select to add a file ("+" button) that is a text file (for example, CONFIG.SYS or README.TXT), the file is added OK. See screenshot: > ftp://asavage.dyndns.org/hosting/DVDBurn/Captured001.jpg (62k) But if I add any video file (AVI, MPG, MOV), the REXX interpreter throws up a dialog with an error. > ftp://asavage.dyndns.org/hosting/DVDBurn/Captured002.png (14k) Text from DVDBurn.err ============================================================ D:\DVDBurn\DVDBURN.err ������...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

When i try to implement a server program giving UDP as protocol , it works fine , but if the same code is executed with TCP as protocol option, it gives an error.
Hi All, I am a newbie to Socket Programming . I had written a socket program in perl , implementing client and server. Now coming to the problem i am stuck: 1.When i implement the program with "UDP" as protocol option, the code works fine,but When i try to implement the same program , giving TCP as the protocol option, it gives me an error: "Can't call method "recv" on an undefined value at servermodulenew.pl line 18" I believe the method "recv" should be called irrespective of the protocol option i give. Hope so...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other ...

windows executable error
when i create a windows native executable using jbuilder developer 2005 I get the error message to the effect that jdbc driver cannot be loaded. the database is db2 and i tried everything including adding the files db2java.zip and db2cc.jar along with the application files but still get the same error. the required libraries and class path includes all the files as well. the odd thing is that i don't get the error when creating a jar file -- any ideas on how this can be solved? thank you all very much! ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Database Timestamp conversion error
Hi, I am populating a mySQL database with data from the MS Access database. I have successfully figured out how to extract the data from Access, and I can insert the data successfully into mySQL with Python. My problem is that I keep hitting screwy records with what appears to be a malformed dbiDate object when I insert certain records. I get the following traceback: Traceback (most recent call last): File "\\someServer\Development\collectiveFleet.py", line 68, in - toplevel- mycursor.execute(sql) TypeError: argument 1 must be string without null bytes, not str When I print...

Web resources about - Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Probability distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about probability distribution. For generalized functions in mathematical analysis, see Distribution (mathematics) . For other ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
High income earners are reluctant to part with their tax breaks in part because they think of themselves as battlers, new research suggests. ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

eBay has no plans to fix “severe” bug that allows malware distribution
(credit: Check Point Software ) eBay has no plans to fix a "severe" vulnerability that allows attackers to use the company's trusted website ...

Global Venture Capital Distribution
Richard Florida published some stats on the distribution of global venture capital investment last week. His work focused on 2012 numbers so ...

Local Brewery Expands Distribution
Local brewery Pappy Slokum has begun to distribute beer around Texas.

Federal Judge Restrains Center For Medical Progress From Further Video Distribution
... and his ilk have more legal woes on their hands. This afternoon, U.S. Judge William Orrick issued a restraining order prohibiting the distribution ...

"Monthly Heroes" Partners with China Mobile for Digital Distribution
Crunchyroll News "Monthly Heroes" Partners with China Mobile for Digital Distribution Crunchyroll News Monthly Heroes, a manga anthology that ...

Disney/ABC Takes Over Distribution Of ‘RightThisMinute’, Clears It On ABC Stations
Viral videos show RightThisMinute , which has been airing in national syndication since fall 2013, distributed by MGM, has changed distribution ...