Finds Many Applications Idle

Hi All,=20

I work on DB2 9.7, AIX.=20

I have been instructed to check if there is any idle applications more than=
 2 hours force them( I use db2 snapshot application and grep with "idle" to=
 get the list of idle application) . I don't know the reason why an applica=
tions left idle , every day I find minimum 10 which are idle for more than =
2 hours. On confirming with Application team , they say there is no active =
session from their side for this long time.=20

Could anyone help to understand what could be the reason for this as no act=
ive session from Application server side?

Thanks in advance.=20
Shashi
0
Shashi

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 9:09:52 PM UTC-7, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could anyone help to understand what could be the reason for this as no active session from Application server side?

This is very typical when an application server has defined connection pools that are too large.  Please have the application owners look at the app server / application configuration for this.

0
Ian