How can i Connet from 1 DB2 Server/Client to Remote Server on AIX

HI,

This is the present situation.

1.I have Db2 9.1 installed on 1 AIX machines(server).I have database
created and everything is runniing.

2.I have another server with db2 9.1 and I want to connect from this
machine to above machine.,

I dont have Db2 client avaiable in this box.

Can any one Please let me know what could be optimum solution for
this.

I tried this example and is not working.

Main thing i should be able to login from 1 machien to other machine

 db2 catalog tcpip4 node db2tcp2 remote 192.0.32.67 server db2inst1
      with "Look up IPv4 address from 192.0.32.67"

0
koole

"koole" <KeerthiPrasad.ma@gmail.com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> This is the present situation.
>
> 1.I have Db2 9.1 installed on 1 AIX machines(server).I have database
> created and everything is runniing.
>
> 2.I have another server with db2 9.1 and I want to connect from this
> machine to above machine.,
>
> I dont have Db2 client avaiable in this box.
>
> Can any one Please let me know what could be optimum solution for
> this.
>
> I tried this example and is not working.
>
> Main thing i should be able to login from 1 machien to other machine
>
> db2 catalog tcpip4 node db2tcp2 remote 192.0.32.67 server db2inst1
>      with "Look up IPv4 address from 192.0.32.67"

The client is included with the server code. You need to first catalog the
remote tcpip node, and then catalog the remote database.

In your catalog node statement, db2inst1 should be the port number of the
instance, not the instance name (unless you have the port defined in
/etc/services with a service name of db2inst1). The default port is 50000,
so you might want to try that. Also, it should be tcpip, not tcpip4.

db2 catalog tcpip node db2tcp2 remote 192.0.32.67 server 50000

Then catalog the database.

db2 catalog db sample as sample2 at node db2tcp2 authentication server

then

db2 connect to sample2

In the above example db2tcp2 can be anything you want so long it is
consistent between the 2 catalog statements and unique on that client.
Sample2 can be anything so long it is unique on that client (as a local db
or remote database alias). I used sample2 since you may already have a
sample database locally defined on your "client" db server.

0
Mark

db2 connection lost from my db2 client on window to aix server after some time
Hi, I have encountered a very strange situation. I just changed my laptop and installed db2 Administration client. I run a db2 CLP ranning statistic on 500 tables from my db2 command window on my laptop and the connection was disconnected after 30 minutes. Is this for some set up on my new laptop? George Thanks, On Apr 24, 8:29 am, zgh1970 <george.zh...@lombard.ca> wrote: > Hi, > I have encountered a very strange situation. > I just changed my laptop and installed db2 Administration client. > I run a db2 CLP ranning statistic on 500 tables from my db2 command > window on my laptop and the > connection was disconnected after 30 minutes. > Is this for some set up on my new laptop? > George > Thanks, How often do the queries run? Could it be related to power management on your laptop? Hi, Ray, In fact i found if the runstat lasts more than 1 minute and it will failed. I monitered it and power is ON. But maybe TCPIP was lost. I tested the same runstas from my home by VPN and it was OK. I suspected that new laptop in my company's intranet has some limitation. How can I find the TPCIP and other setup of fire wall? Thanks, Ray wrote: > On Apr 24, 8:29 am, zgh1970 <george.zh...@lombard.ca> wrote: > > Hi, > > I have encountered a very strange situation. > > I just changed my laptop and installed db2 Administration client. > > I run a db2 CLP ranning statistic on 500 tab...

How to create a federation server to db2/400 in a db2 udb AIX databases
Hi, All, We have a database on db2 udb aix. The database has federated server to db2 mainframe. Now We have already catalog database of db2/400 on the db2 UDB aix server. I tried to create new federation server for db2as/400. It seam has problem. 1. can the db2 mainframe and db/400 have the same wrapper? Our existing db2 mainframe uses the wrapper with library libdb2drda.a This wrapper is used by db2 mainframe 2. When i create a new federated server for db2/as400 with the same wrapper and try to create nicknmae under it,it showed the following error message: Error: SQL0204N "SYSIBM.SYSTABLES" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704 (State:42704, Native Code: FFFFFF34) It seams I need to create a new wrapper for db2/400. What library I need to use? Thanks, On Mar 19, 2:35 pm, "zgh1970" <george.zh...@lombard.ca> wrote: > Hi, All, > We have a database on db2 udb aix. > The database has federated server to db2 mainframe. > Now We have already catalog database of db2/400 on the db2 UDB aix > server. > I tried to create new federation server for db2as/400. > It seam has problem. > 1. can the db2 mainframe and db/400 have the same wrapper? > Our existing db2 mainframe uses the wrapper with library libdb2drda.a > This wrapper is used by db2 mainframe > 2. When i create a new federated server for db2/as400 with the same > wrapper and try to create nicknmae under it,it showed the fo...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

HELP
HELP - Need to connect to DB2 database on AIX from NT server. Also AS/400 from NT Server -- I am experienced in ORACLE and a novice at DB2. What tools would be the equivalent of Net*8 or SQLNET in ORACLE that would allow me to connect to a database on a remote box (either AIX or AS/400)? I have read that DB2 Connect appears to be the ticket for the Db2 server if it is on AS/400 or OS/390. What if it is on AIX? Does the same tool apply? All help is appreciated. hi, To connect to DB2 db on AIX from windows you will just be needing the db2 client and then you have to catalog ...

Server has disconnected client because client could not keep up with the server. (Web Server and Remote Panel)
How to keep the connection continuously without disconnect from server either in Web Server or Remote Panel? &nbsp; Thank You. &nbsp; Hello, Could you please figure out your problem a little bit more specific. Christian ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Migrating a Windows DB2 8.1 to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3
Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but these handle mirgrations across db systems. Thx in adwance!!! Ric wrote: > Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 > 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but > these handle mirgrations across db systems. > > Thx in adwance!!! Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change). Then use db2move (export and then load) to move the data. You cannont use backup and restore to move from DB2 Windows to DB2 UNIX. " Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change)." You mean "to run on UNIX" I suppose. Thx for the info but I am a DB2 dummy and it would be great to have it steps by steps. Are this the steps you was talking about (the database I want to move has the name TEST)?: 1. On Windows: D:\> db2look -d TEST -e -o TEST_Schema.ddl -l 2. Now modifying TS container file names and paths in "TEST_Schema.ddl" and copy "TEST_Schema.ddl" to AIX. 3. On AIX using db2inst1 user: - (/home/db2inst1) $ create a TESTDB - (/home/db2inst1) $ connect to TEST - (/home/db2inst1) $ db2 -tvf /depot/TEST/Schema/TEST_Schema.ddl 4. On AIX...

DB2 Load from Unix CLient to NT DB2 Server
Hi All, I've been trying to load from my Unix Client (7.2) to a Windows DB2 Server 7.2. Has anyone been able to achieve this? The error I get is "SQL3025N A parameter specifying a filename or path is not valid." even though the filename and paths are valid. Thanks in advance. Louise "Louise" <louise.haire@ascential.com> wrote in message news:249ba68b.0310092253.37919018@posting.google.com... > Hi All, > > I've been trying to load from my Unix Client (7.2) to a Windows DB2 > Server 7.2. Has anyone been able to achieve this? The...

Client-Server ( Client starting server remotely )
I'm writing a client-server app. Client controls Server which in turn configures and controls a bunch of hardware. I want to be able to start the server from my client. Now in C/C++ one could simply run the appropriate command string through a standard "system()" call which is relatively simple. JAVA on the other hand seems to require something like RMI to do it. Basically a use case for what I want to do is something like: Start Client GUI Enter name of data file Client checks bonafides of data file. Client reads and parses data file bui...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

DB2 Connectivity problem from a wndows client to DB2 AS/390 server
hi all, I have a DB2 connect PE ver 8.2 installed in my windows client which tries to connect to AS/390 Database Instance via CCA.It uses TCP/IP. While trying to connect the Server from the windows client SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "192.168.134.201". Communication function detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s): "10060", "*", "*". SQL...

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

how to use db2 connect server as a gateway to connect to mainframe db2 database
we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. i installed db2 v9 connect server on one windows server which is locating the same network with database server. now how to i configure the connect server and client, so client could access the database through the connect server? like that: db2client <--> db2 connect server <--> db2 mainframe database IBM keeps talking about this structure but never mention about the configuration in all the manuals.:( thanks for help! jeffhan wrote: > we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. > i installed db2 v9 connect server on one windows server which is > locating the same network with database server. > > now how to i configure the connect server and client, so client could > access the database through the connect server? > > like that: > > db2client <--> db2 connect server <--> db2 mainframe database > > IBM keeps talking about this structure but never mention about the > configuration in all the manuals.:( > > thanks for help! Info-center: - "DB2 Connect server products: installation and configuration overview": http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc/doc/c0008452.htm - "Preparing DB2 Universal Database for iSeries for connections from DB2 Connect": http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc/doc/t0008234.htm - &qu...

Does DB2 8.2 client support DB2 9.5 Server
Hello All, We have installed UDB 9.5 on HP-UX IA64 machine. We would like to install DB2 8.2 client on HP-UX PA-RISC V11.11. We want to install only on HPUX V 11.11 since we have licensed version MF Cobol on this. My question is: Can DB2 8.2 client talk to DB2 server 9.5? Please let me know asap. Thanks in advance. Prakash wrote: > Hello All, > > We have installed UDB 9.5 on HP-UX IA64 machine. We would like to > install DB2 8.2 client on HP-UX PA-RISC V11.11. We want to install > only on HPUX V 11.11 since we have licensed version MF Cobol on this. > > My question is: Can DB2 8.2 client talk to DB2 server 9.5? > > Please let me know asap. > > Thanks in advance. Let me quote the Information Center for DB2 9.5 : Combinations of DB2 Universal Database (UDB) Version 8, DB2 Version 9.1, and DB2 Version 9.5 DB2 Universal DatabaseT (UDB) Version 8 and DB2 Version 9.1 clients can access a remote DB2 Version 9.5 server. Note the following restriction: There is a restriction when a client is located on the same system as a DB2 server, and they are different versions. In this case, local client-to-server connections using Interprocess Communication (IPC) are not supported. Instead, a connection can be established by treating the connection as a remote connection (called a loopback connection) using TCP/IP. IBM� Data Server Client, IBM Data Server Runtime Client, and IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC,...

Server can see client but client cannot see server
Did a real quick setup of my new netgear wireless equipment. My desktop server is connected to a port on my wireless router and my laptop (client) has a wireless card. The server can see, ping, and connect the the client's shared folder. No problem there. However, the client (windows 2003) cannot ping or see the Server (windows 2003). It does see the wireless router and can ping to it and it connects to it fine. Any quick suggestions are welcome. I'm a programmer and I'm a bonehead around networks. Thanks, Eric epaetz41@hotmail.com (Eric) wrote in message ne...

How connect fom DB2 client v7(XP) to DB2 v5 server(NT4)?
Hi! I have a server with old application on DB2.v5 V7 Client don't connect to v5 base. :( Application don't work on DB2v7,8. :(( And v5 client don't install on XP. :((( Anybody know how resolve this problem? Thanks. SY, Slava Get the application vendor to make modifications to get the application to work with DB2 V7, V8. Larry Edelstein Slava Garbuz wrote: > Hi! > > I have a server with old application on DB2.v5 > V7 Client don't connect to v5 base. :( > Application don't work on DB2v7,8. :(( > And v5 client don...

Using DB2 813 Type 4 drivers with DB2 7.1 server
Hi, I am using a DB2 7.1 server on windows machine and I have DB2 Type 4 813 drivers on solaris machine. I am getting the following exception. [java] [driver:] com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -8 05, SQLSTATE: 51002, SQLERRMC: NULLID.SYSSH200 Can anyone help I believe this has to do w/ a JDBC package (NULLID.SYSSH200) not being bound on the server. Search the newgroup for db2jdbcbind. That program will bind all JDBC packages and should fix your problem.. aj anuradhasrikrish wrote: > Hi, > I am using a DB2 7.1 server on windo...

bugs in client\server program
hello! I have a client/server program in which client lets user input two numbers and the server adds the numbers and returns the sum to client. the problems I am having are: 1. client is not able to connect to remote server. it is only connecting to local host. 2. if a string seperated by "non-numeric" characters (e.g. 34a2dd) is sent, both client and server throw an uncaught exception. i need to fix the client or server or both and give useful feedback to the user. i need to do the error checking of user i/p so that user enters only integers seperated by whitespace. I am attac...

bugs in client\server program
hello! I have a client/server program in which client lets user input two numbers and the server adds the numbers and returns the sum to client. the problems I am having are: 1. client is not able to connect to remote server. it is only connecting to local host. 2. if a string seperated by "non-numeric" characters (e.g. 34a2dd) is sent, both client and server throw an uncaught exception. i need to fix the client or server or both and give useful feedback to the user. i need to do the error checking of user i/p so that user enters only integers seperated by whitespace. I am attac...

Web resources about - How can i Connet from 1 DB2 Server/Client to Remote Server on AIX - comp.databases.ibm-db2

App Store - 電子書工具
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about 電子書工具 on the App Store. Download 電子書工具 and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Lucy Pawle @ lucypawle @Paddy0pedobom ...

Modems & Hardware - Telstra Crowdsupport
Telstra's online community, 24x7. Join us to get support and advice about products and services, discuss the latest products and share your knowledge. ...

DC Motor-25 6V/185RPM
... Descripton: Dc motors are the most commonly used motors in Makeblock Platform. With Makeblock DC Motor-25 Brackets, they may be easy to connet ...

白智英《火花》与《逆鳞》相得益彰
5月7日,韩国歌手白智英在自己的SNS(Connet Me)上首次公开了新曲《火花》的MV,该MV的剧情背景正是最近上映的电影《逆鳞》。白智英在公开《火花》MV时,还留言称将会向前50位留下“听后感”的朋友赠送电影《逆鳞》的邀请券,请大家多多支持。

白智英《火花》与《逆鳞》相得益彰
5月7日,韩国歌手白智英在自己的SNS(Connet Me)上首次公开了新曲《火花》的MV,该MV的剧情背景正是最近上映的电影《逆鳞》。白智英在公开《火花》MV时,还留言称将会向前50位留下“听后感”的朋友赠送电影《逆鳞》的邀请券,请大家多多支持。

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just used an iPhone to demo Outlook
... but here is the fascinating thing — it’s the best email client on iOS for Gmail and Exchange." Nadella went on to show how Outlook can connet ...

【旧事新叙】之六:《访美记趣》
我在本系列之五《 El-paso 的忧伤》中提到, 2005 年,我应美国国务院之邀,纵横全美,做了一次 20 多天的旅行。 http://zhangjin.blog.caixin.com/archives/75512 整个行程中,美方为我请了一位专职翻译兼陪同。这位老兄尽职尽责,但权利意识极强,每到下午 ...

1990
ADOBEPHOTOSHOP 1.0 - . Adobe Systemsfirst version of PhotoShop released, the second image manipulationprogramavailable for Macintosh computers. ...

FunChat - live playfully - Narlii’s Score Four
FunChat seamlessly blends chat, multiplayer HTML5 games, FunGold virtual currency, rewards, and achievements into one free application that allows ...