How can I resolve a "SQL1326N: The file or directory cannot be accessed" restore problem?

Hi all,
I am having problem completing this restore operation.

"db2 restore database AAMI01 from /pap/data/backups taken at
20071002130554 to /pap/data/db01 into AAMI01 NEWLOGPATH /pap/data/new/
log WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024"

SQL1326N  The file or directory "/pap/data/db01/" cannot be accessed.

The file, directory and path all exist. I created them. I just can't
understand why I can't tell restore where I want to put down the
database.

If I remove the " to /pap/data/db01", restore will try to put the DB
in a directory that I want to avoid. I want to restore to "/pap/data/
db01" specifically.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? Or what I need to do?
My ID have all the permission that I need to write to the path.

Thanks

0
Okonita

On 7 Okt., 22:41, Okon...@gmail.com wrote:

> SQL1326N  The file or directory "/pap/data/db01/" cannot be accessed.

> My ID have all the permission that I need to write to the path.
>
> Thanks

the instance-owner (not your ID, suppose they are different) must have
the right to write to this directory

0
jammann
10/8/2007 5:47:47 AM
On 8 Okt., 07:47, jammann...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 7 Okt., 22:41, Okon...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > SQL1326N  The file or directory "/pap/data/db01/" cannot be accessed.
> > My ID have all the permission that I need to write to the path.
>
> > Thanks
>
> the instance-owner (not your ID, suppose they are different) must have
> the right to write to this directory

******* because OKINITA replied by direct email: missing post
included: ******

But who or what is the instance owner? Some of the required
directories were created by me. I expect that I should have almost
absolute right to the path and what not. I am real new to the
subtleties of Linux/Unix, etc so bear with me if I speak from the back
of my head. I thought the basic concept of ownership and read/write
access remains the same regardless of environment - sort of. Anyway, I
login as myself, with all read/write/execute, I get access denied to
path. I login as db2inst1 (should it be the instance owner?), I still
get directory path cannot be accessed? Ok, a colleague logged in as
the same db2inst1 and behold, he can do just what I can't? How can
that be possible?

-----------------
db2inst1 is the default inst_owner userid, so unless you changed
during installation it will be db2inst1.

>>Ok, a colleague logged in as
>>the same db2inst1 and behold, he can do just what I can't?

not possible, you missed someting  . . . observed wrong . . . i don't
know

0
jammann
10/10/2007 9:25:12 AM
 jammann.ch@gmail.com wrote:

> On 8 Okt., 07:47, jammann...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 7 Okt., 22:41, Okon...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > SQL1326N  The file or directory "/pap/data/db01/" cannot be accessed.
>> > My ID have all the permission that I need to write to the path.
>>
>> > Thanks
>>
>> the instance-owner (not your ID, suppose they are different) must have
>> the right to write to this directory
>
> ******* because OKINITA replied by direct email: missing post
> included: ******
>
> But who or what is the instance owner?

The DB2 instance owner is the user under whose authority most of the DB2
processes are run.  You had to specify that user when creating the instance
with the "db2icrt" command.  And that user also has a directory
named "sqllib" in his $HOME.

> Some of the required
> directories were created by me.

Who is "me"?  Is the user ID you use for operating as "me" the one user ID
that starts and runs the DB2 instance?

> I thought the basic concept of ownership and read/write
> access remains the same regardless of environment - sort of.

The idea is that each process in Unix/Linux has an owner.  With that owner
come certain privileges to operate on different files/directories.  Each
process has not only an owner but also group memberships (see "man
groups").  So if you create a directory, it does not imply by any means
that another process that is not owned by you has any privileges on that
directory (depending on your configuration, of course).

> Anyway, I
> login as myself, with all read/write/execute, I get access denied to
> path.

Then you should figure out which user created the directory and/or changed
the privileges on those directories.  You can get "access denied" if you
don't have "x" (execute) and/or "r" read privileges on a directory or one
of the parent directories.

Notes:
(1) You can remove your own privileges from a directory.
(2) Things are a bit more complicated with network file systems, of course.

> I login as db2inst1 (should it be the instance owner?),

If "db2inst1" is the user under which the DB2 processes are run, then this
is the "instance owner".

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

Problem with "Skip file types" in "Find Files".
I would like to search for text files based on some texts. And I want to exclude svn file (i.e. *.svn-base). So I add the extension .svn-base in "Skip file types" and expect Matlab "Find Files" GUI to skip the svn files. However, "Find Files" still returns the svn file. I think "Find Files" has problem with this kind of filename, eg. "abc.c.svn-base". Is it treating "c.svn-base" as extension? However, I try out the Matlab function FILEPARTS and it works fine. >> [pathstr, name, ext, versn] = fileparts('abc.c.svn-base') ...

Can I replicate database "foo" to database "bar"
Let's say that I have two servers, server M with database "foo" and server S with database "bar", with full control over them. Can I set up replication so that "foo" is replicated into "bar". (the issue is that I have many masters with the same database name foo, and I want to have one slave server with databases like foo-1, foo-2 etc, replicated from all those masters) i On 14 Aug, 22:55, Ignoramus32732 <ignoramus32...@NOSPAM.32732.invalid> wrote: > Let's say that I have two servers, server M with database "foo" and > se...

can the command "dir" display the "file verison" of a file?
I would like to use DOS command to display the "file verison" of a file, and I have checked with the "help", it seems "dir" does not have this parameter. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot <mander.lala@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like to use DOS command to display the "file verison" of a > file, and I have checked with the "help", it seems "dir" does not have > this parameter. What "file version" is that? DOS-files doesn't have any such thing. If you mean the build-version in a PE/Win execu...

"while"+"or"=problem
Hello c=0 while (a~=row | c~=1) if (As(j+1,i)==(-As(a,i))) disp('redukcja') As(j+1,scol:col)=As(j+1,scol:col)+As(a,scol:col) c=1 end a=a+1 end Why it dosen't leave the loop when c=1? uchyb ustalony <ask@me.for> wrote in message <ftn9qk$fu2$1@news.onet.pl>... > Hello > > c=0 > while (a~=row | c~=1) > if (As(j+1,i)==(-As(a,i))) > disp('redukcja') > As(j+1,scol:col)=As(j+1,scol:col)+As(a,scol:col) &...

problem on startup: File error: "Cannot open load file", "xfonts"
Hi everybody I just installed the newest emacs testing as emacs package. after starting it with emacs --debug-init I get the error Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "xfonts") require(xfonts) byte-code("��!������@��!��!A��B\"� B��B\"�@��B\"A@*�A�B��!�C���\"��!�FBF��!���\"��!��!I�VH�V��!��!�K%N�!!R�#\"\"\"\"\"S\"!!�\"!!\"!\" �=��Q �=����# �=��Q��\n� � !� ! �\f!\f�\f \"��\f #� a.s.o. The require(xfonts) is in the .gnu-e...

can we convert "M-file" to simulink bloc ".Mdl" file
Hello, can we convert "M-file" to simulink bloc ".Mdl" file for example : block with two input and one output and I added the inside of the block There are multiple ways to call m-code from within Simulink. See http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/simulink/ug/bszo62g.html for one example. Phil. ...

SE directory and file permissions
On 4 Jan 2006 07:36:21 -0800, carsten@uniqsys.com <carsten@uniqsys.com> wro= te: > If this is standard engine, you have to make sure that the user that's > trying to connect has read, write, and execute permissions on the > <dbname>.dbs directory. This can probably be achieved by adding the > user to the group that owns the dbs directory. No, No, No, No, No, NO, **NO** !!!! Do not throw away all your security! The dbname.dbs directory should have precisely 770 permission, owned by the database owner, and belonging to group informix. Anything else is a disaster. Similarly, all the files (.dat and .idx files) in the database directory will belong to the user who created the table and belong to group informix and will have 660 permission. Any relaxation (or tightening) of these permissions breaks things. Laxer permissions means that anyone can read the files - or write over the files, thereby destroying the data. Indeed, setting the database directory to 777 means that anybody, but anybody, can eliminate files from your database (not necessarily dropping the tables; just removing the files, or adding new ones). Note that sqlexec should be a SUID root, SGID informix program. If it has incorrect permissions (is missing the SGID permissions in particular), then you run into problems, and the 'obvious' way to fix them is by wrecking the permissions on the database directory and the files in the database direct...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

problem with accessing a "struct" using "->"
-------- PROGRAMME ----------- /* Stroustrup, 5.6 Structures STATEMENT: this programmes *tries* to do do this in 3 parts: 1.) it creates a "struct", named "jd", of type "address". 2. it then adds values to "jd" 3.) in the end it prints values of "jd". */ #include<iostream> #include<vector> struct address; void fill_addr(address); // assigns values to a struct of type "address" void print_addr(address*); // prints an address struct struct address { char* name; char* country; }; int main() { address jd; /...

"Only a type can be imported" and "cannot be resolved to a type"
Hi everybody,I configure IIS to address jsp pages to tomcat; if i login using theapplication http://indirizzo-ip/app everything work fine, while if itry to login the application trough the site http://www.dominio.it itgives back the error in object. I'm not a java pro but I only have tocofigure the site, every single words will be of use.I use Server Win2003/IIS6/Tomcat 5.5/JDK 5.02Thanks to everybodyAlessio alessio wrote:> Hi everybody,> I configure IIS to address jsp pages to tomcat; if i login using the> application http://indirizzo-ip/app everything work fine, while if i>...

How to redirect "out" and "o" files to another directory?
Hi folks, when i compile my code in tornado , i am getting "o" and "out" files ( say within "/PPC604gnu/"). I want to copy "out" files automatically to some other directory after compilation of my code. If possible where i have to change ? ..Raja In your Tornado project, under properties of the build, look for the MACRO called POST_BUILD_RULE. Put in a line to copy the files. The make file will run that line in the shell after the build completes. LC ...

ArXiv: Millennium Problem Solved! "NP=P", "Halting Problem Remains Resolved"
I received the below ArXiv abstract via email today. It's an advanced peek! Congratulations Matthew on your achievement! (I have high hopes this will make for a great positive discussion on USENET and much will be learned by all.) Kindly, Martin Musatov \\ arXiv:0906.0129 From: Matthew=A0 Cherian <matthew.cherian@yahoo.com> Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 02:51:44 GMT=A0=A0=A0(406kb) Title: A go at the Clay Millennium problem NP=3DP Authors: Matthew CherianCategories: cs.AR cs.CC License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ \\=A0 Abstract: The problem posed is whether Non...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"my" and "our"

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"or" and "and"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

function "strftime" produce "No such file or directory" error
Hello, everyone. This is a test program that generates undesired results when cross compiling with eldk-4.0. It is strange that localtime_r sets errno to ENOENT at the first time, but never again in the following calls, while strftime always sets errno to ENOENT. But errno will never be set if run on Ubuntu 12.04.4, or Debian 7. Can someone help me? This is the output: # ./test_timegen 1st errno = 0, Success 2nd errno = 2, No such file or directory 3rd errno = 2, No such file or directory 2000-01-05 04:12:11.661426 1st errno = 0, Success 2nd errno = 0, Success 3rd errno = ...

Web resources about - How can I resolve a "SQL1326N: The file or directory cannot be accessed" restore problem? - comp.databases.ibm-db2