How do I redirect ouptut from the List Database Directory command from DB2 CLP on AIX to a file?

What I want to do is take that output, use the data within it to put
into a shell script as input to another installation of DB2 Connect on
another AIX box.   Any ideas about how to do this?
0
everpro

Mary Jane Pronio wrote:

> What I want to do is take that output, use the data within it to put
> into a shell script as input to another installation of DB2 Connect on
> another AIX box.   Any ideas about how to do this?

The usual way?

db2 list db directory > db.list

It works fine on Linux.

--
Knut Stolze
Information Integration
Mary Jane Pronio wrote:
> What I want to do is take that output, use the data within it to put
> into a shell script as input to another installation of DB2 Connect on
> another AIX box.   Any ideas about how to do this?

See the 'db2cfexp' and 'db2cfimp' commands.

Ian
10/4/2004 7:18:23 PM
>> What I want to do is take that output, use the data within it to put
>> into a shell script as input to another installation of DB2 Connect on
>> another AIX box.   Any ideas about how to do this?

I've written a Perl program which uses the output from the list db dir command
to drive another DB2I perl routine to check for unindexed UDB tables.

I'm afraid I can't share the code - against company policy - but it wasn't too
challenging.

Good luck.

0
mcpheal