how to use ibm ole db provider ???

Hello,

I know I've asked this before, but I've been away from this for some time
and have forgotten what solved the problem.

I want to use the IBM OLE DB provider and connect to a database on a
server.  When I code the Dim c1 as ADODB.connection  "method", I get a
compile error.  I know I have to do something in the REFERENCES section
of the project, but no clear cut library shows up as either the Micr$oft
ADO or an IBM OLE DB checkable box.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Mairhtin O'Feannnag

0
Mairhtin

"Mairhtin O'Feannag" <irishboyca@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I know I've asked this before, but I've been away from this for some time
> and have forgotten what solved the problem.
>
> I want to use the IBM OLE DB provider and connect to a database on a
> server.  When I code the Dim c1 as ADODB.connection  "method", I get a
> compile error.  I know I have to do something in the REFERENCES section
> of the project, but no clear cut library shows up as either the Micr$oft
> ADO or an IBM OLE DB checkable box.
>
> Any suggestions, anyone?
>
> Mairhtin O'Feannnag

I don't know the answer, but you can check newsgroup archives at Google
Groups.

0
Mark
5/24/2004 9:27:28 PM
It's called "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library" (replace 2.x by the
actual installed version number).

The OLE DB providers are "providers", not APIs. You specify the provider in
the connection string to the ADODB API.

"Mark A" <ma@switchboard.net> wrote in message
> "Mairhtin O'Feannag" <irishboyca@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know I've asked this before, but I've been away from this for some
time
> > and have forgotten what solved the problem.
> >
> > I want to use the IBM OLE DB provider and connect to a database on a
> > server.  When I code the Dim c1 as ADODB.connection  "method", I get a
> > compile error.  I know I have to do something in the REFERENCES section
> > of the project, but no clear cut library shows up as either the Micr$oft
> > ADO or an IBM OLE DB checkable box.
> >
> > Any suggestions, anyone?
> >
> > Mairhtin O'Feannnag
> >
> I don't know the answer, but you can check newsgroup archives at Google
> Groups.

0
Mark