IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET

I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400.

I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the
IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases.

The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries
and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting
idle for my profile.

My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending
on how many people are using the web application.

At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user
profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after
I disconnect from the database?

Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all
that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are
not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to
why these jobs are still running.

Does any of this make any sense?

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sincerely,
Shannon

0
scase

maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done
with your processing

db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the
equivalent for iseries.)

This will close the server side process which was entertaining your
requests.

I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be
related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on
that if thats the culprit.

regards,
dotyet

On Feb 27, 2:59 pm, "s...@rdcdrug.com" <scase[at]rdcdrug.com> wrote:
> I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400.
>
> I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the
> IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases.
>
> The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries
> and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting
> idle for my profile.
>
> My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending
> on how many people are using the web application.
>
> At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user
> profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after
> I disconnect from the database?
>
> Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all
> that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are
> not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to
> why these jobs are still running.
>
> Does any of this make any sense?
>
> Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Shannon

0
dotyet
2/27/2007 10:05:13 PM
scase@rdcdrug.com wrote:
> I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400.
>
> I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the
> IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases.
>
> The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries
> and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting
> idle for my profile.
>
> My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending
> on how many people are using the web application.
>
> At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user
> profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after
> I disconnect from the database?

These are a type of job called "prestart" jobs, that can be recycled to
handle multiple clent work requests:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaks/rzaksaboutprestartjobs.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaii/rzaiimstprestrtjob.htm

--
Karl Hanson
0

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Acc...

Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?
My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer was not. And my statement is update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; the SqlClient is: update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; the oracleClient is : Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; End wildfish wrote: > My question is can this .n...

IBM.DATA.DB2.iSeries
Hello, I connect from C#.Net to an iSeries. With OleDb I have no problems to do so. But I would prefer to use Ibm.data.DB2.iSeries.dll. When I open the connection I get first the logondialogue and then after entering the correct password I get an ExecutionEngineException. Does anyone have some hint for me? Thank you for your help Hannes Here is the small code: string connString="Data Source=192.168.12.10; "; con=new iDB2Connection(); try { con.ConnectionString=connString; con.Open(); } catch(Exception excpt) { MessageBox.Show(excpt.Message); } ...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Confuse about IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries
I use the dotnet provider of ISeries<iDB2Connection iDB2DataAdapter etc.>. During these days,I found out that if the column are fixed char,the result we get will be filled with blanks. Such as I defind the column "USERNAME" as char(10) ,if i store the "WILDFISH",what i get is "WILDFISH ". So, each time i wanna to compare the name will be "WILDFISH",I have to use trim() to delete the blanks. I was wondering that it's possible to use some setting to make the trim() as default.just as I got using OLEDB. Not sure about the iDB2 adapter setting b...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

Using .NET to access to a IBM DB2 database
Hello I'm trying to connect to a IBM DB2 database with IBMDA400 Provider. I cannot choose the provider, this is the only one I can use. The tables in AS/400 don't have journal and I cannot change this. When I define an ODBC and link tables in ACCESS I can perform every actions. I change the ODBC options to commit data immediately. Using the same ODBC and the same insert statement, when I connect in my C# application using ODBCConnection, I get this error: ERROR [42S22] [IBM][Controlador ODBC do iSeries Access][DB2 UDB]SQL0206 - Column N not in specified tables. What I want is to use a DNS Less situation, and I want to enter in the connection string all the parameters to connect to the AS/400 database. This is my connection string:Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=999.999.999.999; When I put the AutoCommit option in the connection string I get this error: No error message available, result code: DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21). I get this message even when the autocommit is 1, 0, true or false and this is the connection string: Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=192.168.192.12;autocommit=0 right now I can perform all the operation with Access database but I can't with my .NET application in C#. anyone can assist me? tkx in advance Paulo Aboim Pinto Esqueleto wrote: > ERROR [42S22] [IBM][Controlador ODBC do iSeries Access][DB2 > UDB]SQL0206 - Column N not in specified tables. Are you submitting a query with a VARIA...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N communication error on DB2/POrtal on AIX
Hi, I have installed WebSphere Portal on AIX and connected to DB2 on a remote machine, Getting the followin errors when trying to get the values from database thru applications installed on Portal. Any Help Appreciated. Thanks in advance. Praveen Singh IBM Workplace, India COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "9.33.12.221". Communication function detectin...

ibm.data.db2.iseries cwbdc.createrequest() failed
Hi. Im writing an asp.net application which connects to an AS/400 database through the ibm.data.db2.iseries driver. The problem i face is when i try executing the executereader or executedataset method, intermittently i get a null reference exception. The innerexception says some error in cwbdc.createrequest(). The application continues its normal execution on resetting IIS or recycling the application pool. has anyone faced such a problem. Im running the application on IIS 6.0 on Windows server 2003 and with iSeries service pack SI23492. Please help me out. Arjun hey,man,i did not meet su...

IBM.Data.DB2.dll on .Net 2.0 framework
I have a .Net application that references the IBM.Data.DB2.dll. The version of this dll I have is from UDB 8.1 FixPak3. In my application I have some code like below: m_Da = new DB2DataAdapter(); m_Da.SelectCommand = new DB2Command(); m_Da.SelectCommand.Connection = connection; m_Da.SelectCommand.CommandType = CommandType.Text; m_Da.SelectCommand.CommandText = "Select * From sourcetb"; m_Da.SelectCommand.UpdatedRowSource = UpdateRowSource.Both; m_Da.SelectCommand.CommandTimeout = 0; m_Tb = new DataTable(); ...

Update error using IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries .NET provider
My select statement works like a charm, but I can't get update to work. Here's my code: This works just fine: Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries; Default Collection=MyDB" Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection(connectionString) Dim ds As New DataSet Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter da.SelectCommand = New iDB2Command("select * from table1", cnn) da.Fill(ds) This does not: Dim connectionString As String = "DataSource=myiSeries; Default Collection=myDB" Dim cnn As New iDB2Connection...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Next DB2 Tech Talk: Temporal Data Management Features of DB2 10 presented by IBM labs, June 21st
In the age of Big Data, Multivendor database skills are important! The DB2 = Tech Talk series is an easy way to build multivendor skills in short segmen= ts of time. The "deep dive" on the all new DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX and Windo= ws and InfoSphere Warehouse 10 products. Matthias Nicola of IBM labs covers= the bi-temporal data management features which let you manage data at past= or future points in time, consistently and cost-effectively. Register: bit= ..ly/tt2012jun ...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable.
You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable. I created a simple web service to access data on the AS400 for a VB.NET project. When I try and add a WEB REFERENCE from my application, I get this error. "You must implement the Add(System.Object) method on IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2DataReader because it inherits from IEnumerable." Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help. Tim I have looked at the Object browser for vs using .net 1.1.4something & IEnumerable doesnt require a method Add of a...

IBM DB2 .NET provider
Thanks! The .NET Data Provider is delivered with iSeries Access; named IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Searching InfoCenter for ".net data provider" finds the following, and more. For example: Giving selective install details: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaik/rzaikdotnetprovider.htm "The IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider complements the existing OLE DB database providers. It allows you to use Visual Basic and C# to develop your .NET client/server applications. You can use the Programmer's Toolkit along with this provider...

Web resources about - IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Using FalconStor VTL as a Backup Target for IBM i (iSeries)
For too long, the standard method of backing up IBM i (AS/400) systems has been with a locally attached tape drive or library. The result is ...

App Store - TN5250
... more about TN5250 on the App Store. Download TN5250 and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The AS/400 - also called the "IBM iSeries," ...

LAMP (software bundle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the same software suite ( AMP ) running on other operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows ( WAMP ), Mac OS ( MAMP ), Solaris (SAMP), iSeries ...

Resources - Ajaxian
... out a way to dynamically update a view each time it is visited. I... IE 8 Crashing Problem Hello Everyone,Here\'s the situation:two iSeries ...

Alien Technology - Partners - Vars & System Integrators
Alien is partnered with system integrators and resellers to optimize the integration of RFID solutions with enterprise software and hardware ...

Telecom News, Telecom Companies, Telecom Industry - Fierce Telecom
FierceTelecom is the leading telecom news source for Telcos and telecom industry insiders. Get updated on top telecom companies, NGN, WiMAX, ...

Sr. Informatica Developer
Sr. Informatica Developer job in Scottsdale, Arizona, US. Read the Sr. Informatica Developer job description and find other Kforce Inc jobs at ...

AS400 Iseries
If you are looking to create jobs that you need to run at specified days or times on a regular basis on your as400 then your need to be using ...

Bytware ::: MessengerConsole ::: Monitoring, Notification, and Multiple System Management for IBM i
... Inc. is an automated monitoring, notification, and consoling solution designed to help you manage your IBM Power System, System i, iSeries, ...

IBM expands flexible computing plan
Big Blue plans to add muscle to its on-demand computing push Thursday, with the debut of several efforts designed to help it defend its position ...