IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries for .NET

I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400.

I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the
IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases.

The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries
and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting
idle for my profile.

My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending
on how many people are using the web application.

At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user
profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after
I disconnect from the database?

Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all
that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are
not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to
why these jobs are still running.

Does any of this make any sense?

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sincerely,
Shannon

0
scase

maybe you may want to execute terminate statement once you are done
with your processing

db2 "terminate" (this one is for LUW... I don't know whats the
equivalent for iseries.)

This will close the server side process which was entertaining your
requests.

I don't recall precisely, but a look on num_poolagents might be
related, i suggest you refer to the documentation for some info on
that if thats the culprit.

regards,
dotyet

On Feb 27, 2:59 pm, "s...@rdcdrug.com" <scase[at]rdcdrug.com> wrote:
> I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400.
>
> I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the
> IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases.
>
> The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries
> and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting
> idle for my profile.
>
> My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending
> on how many people are using the web application.
>
> At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user
> profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after
> I disconnect from the database?
>
> Forgive if I am not getting the terminology correct. I am not really all
> that familar with the workings of the AS/400 and our AS/400 people are
> not all that familar with .NET Programming. So we're kind of stuck as to
> why these jobs are still running.
>
> Does any of this make any sense?
>
> Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Shannon

0
dotyet
2/27/2007 10:05:13 PM
scase@rdcdrug.com wrote:
> I need some trying to figure out what is happening on our AS/400.
>
> I am not an AS/400 programmer, but I am using ASP.NET (VB) and the
> IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries control for .NET to access our DB2 databases.
>
> The problem we seem to be having is after I am all done with my queries
> and I close out of everything there are still jobs (QZDAOSINIT?) sitting
> idle for my profile.
>
> My web application can hit our AS/400 hundreds of times at once depending
> on how many people are using the web application.
>
> At one point there were over a hundred QZDAOSINIT jobs with my user
> profile just sitting there idle. Why do those not close immediately after
> I disconnect from the database?

These are a type of job called "prestart" jobs, that can be recycled to
handle multiple clent work requests:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaks/rzaksaboutprestartjobs.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzaii/rzaiimstprestrtjob.htm

--