I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
me.

Below is the stack trace.

Stack Trace:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130)

Thanks in advance,
Ganesh Majji

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 12:21:24 PM
comp.databases.ibm-db2 12448 articles. 2 followers. arunrocks (9) is leader. Post Follow

ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:

> I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
> don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
> me.

Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned
your operating system and which DB2 version you're using.

For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using
the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple
db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the
system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation
tools from your machine.
0
Bernd
6/15/2006 12:55:13 PM
sorry for not mentioning the system details.

Operation System is SunOS (Solaris)
and DB2 SDK 8.2.2

Thank you very much for the kind response,
Ganesh

Bernd Hohmann wrote:
> ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
> > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
> > me.
>
> Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned
> your operating system and which DB2 version you're using.
>
> For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using
> the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple
> db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the
> system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation
> tools from your machine.

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 1:13:11 PM
Yes I am able to connect to the DB2 from the Command Line Processor.

Bernd Hohmann wrote:
> ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
> > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
> > me.
>
> Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned
> your operating system and which DB2 version you're using.
>
> For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using
> the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple
> db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the
> system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation
> tools from your machine.

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 1:16:40 PM
ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes I am able to connect to the DB2 from the Command Line Processor.

And the other tools are working too (Client configurator, Controlcenter
and so on)? The database exists?

Bernd

0
Bernd
6/15/2006 1:48:13 PM
yup... got it, problem was with the incompatible version of the driver.

thanks a lot for the responses,
Ganesh Majji

Bernd Hohmann wrote:
> ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Yes I am able to connect to the DB2 from the Command Line Processor.
>
> And the other tools are working too (Client configurator, Controlcenter
> and so on)? The database exists?
>
> Bernd

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 2:01:12 PM
ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:

> yup... got it, problem was with the incompatible version of the driver.

Glad to help you.

Bernd
0
Bernd

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Dear all, While trying to load a big table, I received the following error. Is there any way to circumvent this problem without doing additional programming? Thanks you help, Kirill Andreev ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.toolbox.database.fetchTheData.dataFetch(fetchTheData.java: 740) Error in ==> cursor....

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
When I start Eclipse for run bassplugin on Vuze trough "Run Configuration", I find this problem: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.ti.bass.core.BassPlugin.initialize(BassPlugin.java:195) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer$8.run(PluginInitializer.java:1646) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.utils.UtilitiesImpl.callWithPluginThreadContext(UtilitiesImpl.java:986) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.initialisePlugin(PluginInitializer.java:1636) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.access$3(PluginInitializer.java:1604) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer$2.run(PluginInitializer.java:1393) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.initialisePlugins(PluginInitializer.java:1572) at com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.start(AzureusCoreImpl.java:870) at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.Initializer.run(Initializer.java:534) at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread$7.runSupport(SWTThread.java:283) at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AERunnable.run(AERunnable.java:38) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to locate required data through reflection at com.ti.bass.core.listeners.BassDownloadPeerListener.<clinit>(BassDownloadPeerListener.java:132) ... 12 more Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: main_announcer at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Unknown Source) at c...

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException
What does "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException 0 > =0" mean? I googled for it and only found a whole of nerdese/geekese that is Greek to me. The problem: I went to a site to check some online proofs for a graphics project I did. The above message came up, saying that I might not have MRJ Runtime installed, which I knew I did, but I let it download the "latest version" and install it for me. I was then able to access the page, but later on, when I had to go to the same page again, I got the java.lang message again. I'm on a G4 and using Mozilla 1.2.1 (Ye...

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
When I start Eclipse for run bassplugin on Vuze trough "Run Configuration", I find this problem: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.ti.bass.core.BassPlugin.initialize(BassPlugin.java:195) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer$8.run(PluginInitializer.java:1646) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.utils.UtilitiesImpl.callWithPluginThreadContext(UtilitiesImpl.java:986) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.initialisePlugin(PluginInitializer.java:1636) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.access$3(PluginI...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError when running java tests
Hi, When execute the junit test we get: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError at se.company.wcdma.rbs.boam.pms.impl.RBScanner.preperAndPush(RBScanner.java:526) at se.company.wcdma.rbs.boam.pms.impl.RBScanner.scan(RBScanner.java:766) at se.company.wcdma.rbs.boam.mao.rmo.iub.tb.sut.IubDataStreamMoImplTest.testNewCounters(IubDataStreamMoImplTest.java:254) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22) at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19) at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23) 0.086 testOldCounters Error N/A Any ideas what IncompatibleClassChangeError is and how we can correct it? Cheers, //mikael The cause for this is probably that the RBScanner classes depends on another class which has changed. This can happen if you didn't perform a full recompile of the sources. Delete your class output, recompile the whole source tree and fix any errors that pop up BartCr wrote: > The cause for this is probably that the RBScanner classes depends on > another class which has changed. This can happen if you didn't perform > a full recompile of the sources. > > Delete your class output, recompile the whole source tree and fix any > errors that pop up > Hi, Than...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
tearing my hair out on this one.Thuis started as an upgrade issue till i realised that my un-usedtomcat5 installation didn't work either with my test jsp.I have, in desparation, un-installed all java / tomcat libs and re-installed only those required to get thetomcat6-6.0.14-1jpp.noarch.rpm (and the band-waggon) loadedfirst I installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_02-linux.binthis shows (after I set alternatives to point to the /opt/SDK/jdkdirecrtory)[root@squirrel ~]# javac -versionjavac 1.6.0java shows the same.I have set the following in profileCLASSPATH=$JDKHOME:$JDKHOME/lib/tools.jarJAVA_H...

Is there any free utilities I can use to view the memory used by all objects so I can track down the offending code? thanks Tim Maybe JConsole will help you out enough. Cheers. Opalinski opalpa@gmail.com http://www.geocities.com/opalpaweb/ Thanks, I figured out how to use hprof and it seems that something went nuts around date formatting - this trace is repeat hundereds of times... sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.getContents(DateFormatZoneData.java:164) sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144) TRACE 304641: java.text.DateFormat$Field.&l...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
Does anyone have any ideas on why that happened: [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Explaining the situation. I have such code: for (int i=0; i<10000-1; i++) { for (int j=i+1; j<10000; j++) { compareElements(arr[i], arr[j]); } } Element of the array is a simple class that has two fields (one is string and another is BitVector) and getters and setters for those fields. Function compareElements compares the BitVectors of two elements. Now the problem: when I run the code, program runs only till then 1334 element in t...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path
make sure you have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include $ORACLE_HOME/lib... throw something like export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib in your .bashrc ...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path
Hello i got following exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path My source code looks like the examples of the Notes homepage. import lotus.domino.*; public class Main extends NotesThread{ public static void main(String argv[]){ System.err.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path")); // System.load("C:/Programme/lotus/notes/lsxbe.dll"); Main t = new Main(); t.start(); } public void runNotes(){ try{ Session s = NotesFactory.createSession("localhos...

User-defined java objects : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello, I am interfacing Java with Matlab, using my proper Java Classes. After 3 runs I have the following message : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError and of course my application crash. I tried to clear the objects I have created, but not successfully. The memory used by Matlab stays reasonable (given by command 'whos' when running). So that I don't understand where do the memory fail : is that from the Java Virtual Machine ? How can I resolve this problem ? Some help would be really appreciated... Thank's ...

Web resources about - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Twitter Help Center - Twitter for Android Release Notes
Twitter is without a doubt the best way to share and discover what is happening right now.

bigdata®
This is a critical maintenance release of bigdata(R). Users of version 1.2.1 are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this release. Bigdata is ...

Google denies that it wants to take all software copyright down with its Supreme Court petition
... tellingly). Even a bunch of decompiled programs that consist mostly of non-header code toIndex(" + toIndex+")"); if (fromIndex throw new Ar ...

14w07a - Minecraft Wiki
Curse Sites Top Sites Gamepedia MMO-Champion Arena Junkies Reign of Gaming LoL Pro Minecraft Forums Guild Wars 2 Guru FPS General Curse.com Help ...

Issues - mockito - simpler & better mocking - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in mockito simpler & better mocking Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search Search within: All issues ...

A Bug, a Trace, a Test, a Twist
Here is the story of a bug that I caused, found, and fixed recently. It is not particularly hard or tricky, and it didn't take long to find and ...

Your Froyo users are an army of testers
The error reports page in the Android Market Developer Console is one of my favorite additions to Android 2.2 (Froyo): It gives you a nice, organized ...

Java™ SE Development Kit 7 Update 40 Bug Fixes
Java™ SE Development Kit 7 Update 40 Bug Fixes

[Java] Minecraft Crash Report // Why is it breaking :( Time: 13-10-06 21:43 - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...

Java的“Copy-on-Iterate”习惯用法也不安全
这是我们的天才Lauri Tulmin处理的一个有趣的技术支持的故事。问题看起来是Wicket里的JRebel导致的 ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException 异常,很罕见。经过一些分析调查,他发现这个异常最先是由下面的Wicket代码抛出的: private ...