I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
me.

Below is the stack trace.

Stack Trace:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245)
        at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130)

Thanks in advance,
Ganesh Majji

0
ganesh

ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:

> I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
> don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
> me.

Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned
your operating system and which DB2 version you're using.

For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using
the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple
db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the
system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation
tools from your machine.
0
Bernd
6/15/2006 12:55:13 PM
sorry for not mentioning the system details.

Operation System is SunOS (Solaris)
and DB2 SDK 8.2.2

Thank you very much for the kind response,
Ganesh

Bernd Hohmann wrote:
> ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
> > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
> > me.
>
> Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned
> your operating system and which DB2 version you're using.
>
> For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using
> the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple
> db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the
> system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation
> tools from your machine.

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 1:13:11 PM
Yes I am able to connect to the DB2 from the Command Line Processor.

Bernd Hohmann wrote:
> ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I
> > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help
> > me.
>
> Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned
> your operating system and which DB2 version you're using.
>
> For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using
> the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple
> db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the
> system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation
> tools from your machine.

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 1:16:40 PM
ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes I am able to connect to the DB2 from the Command Line Processor.

And the other tools are working too (Client configurator, Controlcenter
and so on)? The database exists?

Bernd

0
Bernd
6/15/2006 1:48:13 PM
yup... got it, problem was with the incompatible version of the driver.

thanks a lot for the responses,
Ganesh Majji

Bernd Hohmann wrote:
> ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Yes I am able to connect to the DB2 from the Command Line Processor.
>
> And the other tools are working too (Client configurator, Controlcenter
> and so on)? The database exists?
>
> Bernd

0
ganesh
6/15/2006 2:01:12 PM
ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote:

> yup... got it, problem was with the incompatible version of the driver.

Glad to help you.

Bernd
0
Bernd