New user to access db2

Hi, we need to setup a new user id which can access db2 , apart from db2inst1 as db2inst1 has all access/permission. The new id should have only limited access like should be able to connect to database, able to access system admin table to do monitoring.

OS( AIX )team, has created a user and provided us.

I searched on internet, to setup a new user to access DB2, need to update "profile" . but when I go to user name directory from /db2home/user_name . I don't find any file/directory.

I also tried running db2profile ( form home/db2inst1/sqllib) after login with new user . but it didn't help.

COuld anyone help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
0
Shashi

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:25:49 AM UTC+5:30, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> Hi, we need to setup a new user id which can access db2 , apart from db2i=
nst1 as db2inst1 has all access/permission. The new id should have only lim=
ited access like should be able to connect to database, able to access syst=
em admin table to do monitoring.=20
>=20
> OS( AIX )team, has created a user and provided us. =20
>=20
> I searched on internet, to setup a new user to access DB2, need to update=
 "profile" . but when I go to user name directory from /db2home/user_name .=
 I don't find any file/directory.
>=20
> I also tried running db2profile ( form home/db2inst1/sqllib) after login =
with new user . but it didn't help. =20
>=20
> COuld anyone help in this regard. Thanks in advance.

I just tried " . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" after running this, I=
 am able to connect to database. but when I reopen the command window and a=
gain try to connect it says "db2 : not found"

Is there any way to save this?

Thanks
Shashi
0
Shashi
3/21/2016 11:19:01 PM
On 2016-03-21 23:19:01 +0000, Shashi Shekhar said:

> On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:25:49 AM UTC+5:30, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
>> Hi, we need to setup a new user id which can access db2 , apart from
>> db2inst1 as db2inst1 has all access/permission. The new id should have
>> only limited access like should be able to connect to database, able to
>> access system admin table to do monitoring.>> OS( AIX )team, has
>> created a user and provided us.
>> I searched on internet, to setup a new user to access DB2, need to
>> update "profile" . but when I go to user name directory from
>> /db2home/user_name . I don't find any file/directory.
>>
>> I also tried running db2profile ( form home/db2inst1/sqllib) after
>> login with new user . but it didn't help.
>> COuld anyone help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
>

> I just tried " . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" after running
> this, I am able to connect to database. but when I reopen the command
> window and again try to connect it says "db2 : not found"
>
> Is there any way to save this?

You need to edit the file $HOME/.profile, which initializes your
environment when you log in to a Linux/UNIX box.

Add the lines (this assumes you're using ksh or bash as your shell):

    if [[ -f /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile ]] ; then
        . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile
    fi

Then, log out and back in again.  Your DB2 environment will be initialized.

0
Ian
3/22/2016 9:01:09 PM
On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 2:31:13 AM UTC+5:30, Ian wrote:
> On 2016-03-21 23:19:01 +0000, Shashi Shekhar said:
>
> > On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:25:49 AM UTC+5:30, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> >> Hi, we need to setup a new user id which can access db2 , apart from
> >> db2inst1 as db2inst1 has all access/permission. The new id should have
> >> only limited access like should be able to connect to database, able to
> >> access system admin table to do monitoring.>> OS( AIX )team, has
> >> created a user and provided us.
> >> I searched on internet, to setup a new user to access DB2, need to
> >> update "profile" . but when I go to user name directory from
> >> /db2home/user_name . I don't find any file/directory.
> >>
> >> I also tried running db2profile ( form home/db2inst1/sqllib) after
> >> login with new user . but it didn't help.
> >> COuld anyone help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
> >

> > I just tried " . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" after running
> > this, I am able to connect to database. but when I reopen the command
> > window and again try to connect it says "db2 : not found"
> >
> > Is there any way to save this?
>
> You need to edit the file $HOME/.profile, which initializes your
> environment when you log in to a Linux/UNIX box.
>
> Add the lines (this assumes you're using ksh or bash as your shell):
>
>     if [[ -f /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile ]] ; then
>         . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile
>     fi
>

> Then, log out and back in again.  Your DB2 environment will be initialized.

Thanks Ian, It worked.
0
Shashi
3/23/2016 1:25:20 AM
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:19:01 -0700 (PDT), Shashi Shekhar wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:25:49 AM UTC+5:30, Shashi Shekhar
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, we need to setup a new user id which can access db2 , apart from
>> db2inst1 as db2inst1 has all access/permission. The new id should
>> have only limited access like should be able to connect to database,
>> able to access system admin table to do monitoring.
>>
>> OS( AIX )team, has created a user and provided us.
>>
>> I searched on internet, to setup a new user to access DB2, need
>> to update "profile" . but when I go to user name directory from
>> /db2home/user_name . I don't find any file/directory.
>>
>> I also tried running db2profile ( form home/db2inst1/sqllib) after
>> login with new user . but it didn't help.
>>
>> COuld anyone help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
>

> I just tried " . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" after running
> this, I am able to connect to database. but when I reopen the command
> window and again try to connect it says "db2 : not found"

You almost have it. This is a little more of an AIX question than a DB2
one, but you need to put that source command into the ".profile" (note
carefully the dot) file for the user. You can do this by opening a
command window as the user, running the command

echo ". /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" >> ~/.profile

and then opening a new command window and trying the db2 command again
to make sure the change to .profile was correct.

(Note also please that not all methods of using that user ID will run
the .profile upon connection. Most do. But that's getting even further
off-topic.)

--
35. I will not grow a goatee. In the old days they made you look
   diabolic. Now they just make you look like a disaffected member of
On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 7:25:07 PM UTC+5:30, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:19:01 -0700 (PDT), Shashi Shekhar wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 4:25:49 AM UTC+5:30, Shashi Shekhar
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, we need to setup a new user id which can access db2 , apart from
> >> db2inst1 as db2inst1 has all access/permission. The new id should
> >> have only limited access like should be able to connect to database,
> >> able to access system admin table to do monitoring.
> >>
> >> OS( AIX )team, has created a user and provided us.
> >>
> >> I searched on internet, to setup a new user to access DB2, need
> >> to update "profile" . but when I go to user name directory from
> >> /db2home/user_name . I don't find any file/directory.
> >>
> >> I also tried running db2profile ( form home/db2inst1/sqllib) after
> >> login with new user . but it didn't help.
> >>
> >> COuld anyone help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
> >

> > I just tried " . /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" after running
> > this, I am able to connect to database. but when I reopen the command
> > window and again try to connect it says "db2 : not found"
>
> You almost have it. This is a little more of an AIX question than a DB2
> one, but you need to put that source command into the ".profile" (note
> carefully the dot) file for the user. You can do this by opening a
> command window as the user, running the command
>
> echo ". /db2home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile" >> ~/.profile
>
> and then opening a new command window and trying the db2 command again
> to make sure the change to .profile was correct.
>
> (Note also please that not all methods of using that user ID will run
> the .profile upon connection. Most do. But that's getting even further
> off-topic.)
>
> --
> 35. I will not grow a goatee. In the old days they made you look
>    diabolic. Now they just make you look like a disaffected member of
>    Generation X.
> 	--Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord

Thanks Peter,
Working now.
0
Shashi

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm running IBM iSeries Access V5R3 and my server is V5R2. When I don't specify a database, after the connection is open the database property is set to AS400REM. I don't know if this database is a real database specific to my company. ****************************************** Imports IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries Dim cn As New iDB2Connection Try TestConnection.ConnectionString = _ "DataSource=AS400;UserID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=AMFLIB" TestConnection.Open() If TestConnection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then MsgBox("Database: " & TestConnection.Database) TestConnection.Close() End If Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try ****************************************** Thanks to all Running higher version of ISERIES Access than the OS is probably not a good idea. Yanik Reid wrote: > When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able ...

IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries database access problem
When I run the following vb.net code, I'm not able to acces the my database AMFLIB. I use to be able to access AMFLIB with the old ODBC driver from IBM iSeries Access but now I want to use the new managed IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries data provider from iSeries Access V5R3. When I remove Database=AMFLIB from the connection string, I can connect but as soon as I try to specify a known database (like my good old AMFLIB) I get the following error: IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries.iDB2ConnectionFailedException "The connection cannot be opened because an error ocurred." I'm runn...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

New AIX DB2 instance requires new user?
Can it be that when I'm running DB2 8.1 on AIX 5.2 I have to create a new user every time I want to create a new instance? I tried the standard db2icrt command using a different instance name and it errors out unless I have a user of the same name on the system. I hate to say the thing I know most DBAs and especially Unix gurus hate hearing, but Windows and the AS/400 don't make me do this...clearly I'm new to Unix/Linux. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ari <ari_weil@hotmail.com> ???? news:1101993380.340793.321820@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com......

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? > > Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? > > Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your > Oracle version back-leveled? > > Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone > used to convert to DB2. > > Thank you. > > Charles I'm no DB2 basher, however, from you post you seem to be insinuating that disk space is the driving force for this conversion. Is this the case? HTH -g Charles Davis wrote: > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 database? Check your in-box at the email address you use here. I have passed you a contact that I consider as close to non-partisan as I could think of (and more importantly, I don't know what she'll say over a beer). Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutio...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

database migration from Windows DB2 to Linux DB2
We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the data) from a Windows UDB instance to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? Thanks "Murty" <adavi@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c4w7b.406960$Ho3.62540@sccrnsc03... > We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the > data) from a Windows UDB instance > to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? > > Thanks > Bad news is that you cannot use backup and restore of the database from Windows to Linux....

DB2 Client v8 access DB2 v7
Hi, we try to access DB2 v7 on z/OS with a client v8 and we got the error SQL0440N. It seems the correct reaction cause there is no function named SQLTables. But when we connect with the v8-client to an v7-Unix-Database it works and in the database there is also no function called SQLTables. Why i got two different reaction ? A link to a doc and i will say thank you Freddy On unix, windows, linux, they are installed by default. (db2chema.bnd) On ZOS, ... you need some http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2help/index.jsp search for ptf then select Database M...

how to access db2 tables on aix from db2/390
Hi, Friiends, I am db2 UDB DBA on aix. >From db2 UDB on aix, we can use federation by create server and then nickname to access the tables on db2/390. For the security ,we can use user mapping for for the federation serse. All the setting federation server,nickname and user mapping controled under the db2 udb database. How can we do it from DB2/390 to access db2 UDB tables on aix? Can we also create user mapping for the security? All these set up in on the db2/390 database. Thanks, George 05/16 zgh1970 wrote: > Hi, Friiends, > I am db2 UDB DBA on aix. > > From db2 UDB on aix, we can use federation by create server and then > nickname to access the tables on db2/390. For the security ,we can use > user mapping for for the federation serse. > All the setting federation server,nickname and user mapping controled > under the db2 udb database. > > > How can we do it from DB2/390 to access db2 UDB tables on aix? > Can we also create user mapping for the security? > All these set up in on the db2/390 database. Caveat: beyond running queries against DB2/390 I really don't know much about it. A quick glance at the InfoCenter for DB2 v8 and DB2 v9.1 on z/OS seem to indicate that the usual federated data statements (CREATE WRAPPER, SERVER, NICKNAME, etc.) aren't present - perhaps this feature is present in DB2 for Linux/UNIX/Windows only? That said, a search for "federated data"...

libname DB2 code with SAS?ACCESS for DB2
In a slide presentation called, "Getting the most on OS/390 at the Health Insurance Commission", by Mick Glasson - Glassick Pty Ltd - 24/05/2001, he states, "One libname statement can enable access to entire DB2 environments. %HICDB2 macro can execute and connect to any DB2 subsystem in the sysplex. DB2 tables can then be treated as SAS datasets directly. Simplifies DB2 access dramatically! " I cannot get in touch with him and I cannot find the macro anywhere. Does anyone have the macro or their own macro or something else that will properly set up the DB2 libname engine so I can directly read and write DB2 from SAS? Thanks, John [posted and mailed] I don't know about the macro. There can be some security/rights issues in many db2 shops that directly impact usability w/SAS. Here are 2 SUGI Articles with DB2 libname examples & 2 SAS Manuals. I think Libname access was added in version 8. http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi27/p275-27.pdf http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi26/p110-26.pdf http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/91pdf/sasdoc_ 913/access_dbspc_9420.pdf http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/91pdf/sasdoc_ 913/access_rdbref_10385.pdf JohnH <john.c.hennessey@ssa.gov> wrote in news:b3a9189e-05c1-4d7d-96a4- 277134a6c2c5@2g2000hsn.googlegroups.com: > In a slide presentation called, "Getting the most on OS/390 at the > Health Insurance Commission", by Mick Glasson - Glassick Pty Ltd - > 24/...

db2 connect required for accessing db2 on z/os?
Is this still true? http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ibm-db2/browse_thread/thread/58c6c36ce9006d50/778f98749d8e2983?lnk=st&q=DB2+Connect+product+license&rnum=6#778f98749d8e2983 would a standard type 4 driver, jar file copy into the WEB-INF/lib folder not work? I am trying to access db2 8 on z/os though a java app server. thanks. V. vikas.bhatia@gmail.com wrote: > Is this still true? > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ibm-db2/browse_thread/thread/58c6c36ce9006d50/778f98749d8e2983?lnk=st&q=DB2+Connect+product+license&rnum=6#778f...

How to access to a DB2/400 Database
Hello! Does anyone know how to access the DB2 database in native mode from a php application without using an ODBC driver? Thank you very much. Hi, You can have a look at the Easycom solution : http://www.easycom-aura.com/us/php.asp Andr� "BabeOstrich" <cyberfg@free.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: 41a32d2a$0$6285$626a14ce@news.free.fr... > Hello! > > Does anyone know how to access the DB2 database in native mode from a php > application without using an ODBC driver? > > Thank you very much. > > ...

connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows down intermittently
we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows. When I try connecting to database through one ID it establishes connectivity in 2-3 sec and when i try accessing connecting to same database through second ID it takes 5-6 minutes sometimes,although sometimes it hapens in seconds. When my colleagues try to access database through the second ID i tried with they get connected ie have connectivity in seconds. coonections are open to database . what might be the problem!any clue? we restart the database and then connection gets established. On 2 Aug 2006 08:59:55 -0700, zagri_as@yahoo.com <zagri_as@yahoo.com> wrote: > we restart the database and then connection gets established. Since the question is about connecting to DB2, have you asked in a more appropriate forum such as comp.databases.ibm-db2? You might get a different - better - response there. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

New to DB2: problems with user management
Hi, I just installed DB2 express and would like to authenticate a "regular" user on my machine, so that I don't have to use the admin user when querying the database. During installation one Windows user called "db2admin" was created. I can successfully log in to DB2 using that user (either through DataStudio or from the commandline). But when trying to grant connect to another (windows) user, the statement fails. What I am doing: db2 connect to tkdb user db2admin using xxxxx when I run db2 get authorizations I get the following display: Administrative Authorizations for Current User Direct SYSADM authority = NO Direct SYSCTRL authority = NO Direct SYSMAINT authority = NO Direct DBADM authority = NO Direct CREATETAB authority = NO Direct BINDADD authority = NO Direct CONNECT authority = NO Direct CREATE_NOT_FENC authority = NO Direct IMPLICIT_SCHEMA authority = NO Direct LOAD authority = NO Direct QUIESCE_CONNECT authority = NO Direct CREATE_EXTERNAL_ROUTINE authority = NO Direct SYSMON authority = NO Indirect SYSADM authority = YES Indirect SYSCTRL authority = NO Indirect SYSMAINT authority = NO Indirect DBADM authority = NO Ind...

Accessing DB2 database via Java?
Hi, Basically, I am Java developer. In past I have played with Oracle using Java (JDBC). But this is the time to play with IBM DB2 using Java (JDBC). So kindly help this DB2 newbie. I have a file of 32 MB, named as "fdbk5.0". This is actually a database created in DB2 and containing records. I am interested in viewing the *structure of this database, i.e. table names, column names and finally all the records. How I can do this? Which DB2 product/version I have to install to view this DB? Also, it will be highly appreciated, if there is any good info/code availa...

How to create a federation server to db2/400 in a db2 udb AIX databases
Hi, All, We have a database on db2 udb aix. The database has federated server to db2 mainframe. Now We have already catalog database of db2/400 on the db2 UDB aix server. I tried to create new federation server for db2as/400. It seam has problem. 1. can the db2 mainframe and db/400 have the same wrapper? Our existing db2 mainframe uses the wrapper with library libdb2drda.a This wrapper is used by db2 mainframe 2. When i create a new federated server for db2/as400 with the same wrapper and try to create nicknmae under it,it showed the following error message: Error: SQL0204N "SYSIBM.SYSTABLES" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704 (State:42704, Native Code: FFFFFF34) It seams I need to create a new wrapper for db2/400. What library I need to use? Thanks, On Mar 19, 2:35 pm, "zgh1970" <george.zh...@lombard.ca> wrote: > Hi, All, > We have a database on db2 udb aix. > The database has federated server to db2 mainframe. > Now We have already catalog database of db2/400 on the db2 UDB aix > server. > I tried to create new federation server for db2as/400. > It seam has problem. > 1. can the db2 mainframe and db/400 have the same wrapper? > Our existing db2 mainframe uses the wrapper with library libdb2drda.a > This wrapper is used by db2 mainframe > 2. When i create a new federated server for db2/as400 with the same > wrapper and try to create nicknmae under it,it showed the fo...

Web resources about - New user to access db2 - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

​Kindle owners: update your devices or risk losing access
​Kindle owners: update your devices or risk losing access

Clerk rescinds ban on journalists' access to court motions
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — A clerk's office in Virginia has ended a five-year policy of denying journalists access to any legal motions filed in the ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

The Public Access Weekly: What's this?
Y'all. This week was SXSW and GDC and we are tired. So let's dive right on in so I can go back to trying to take a nap on my keyboard.

Google Wants To Improve Internet Access In Cuba, But Talks Are In 'Early Stages'
Google hopes to bring Internet access to Cuba, whose citizens are hankering for it even as they found alternative ways to get access to digital ...