oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW

Now we can tell you more!  IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --=
 a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti=
c workloads.=20

In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f=
rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective!  We'll=
 also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which =
helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users.  And then we =
will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including=
 an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20

Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct
0
crussell

Don't Miss the Next DB2 for LUW Tech Talk
The next DB2 for Linux UNIX and Windows Tech Talk is a what's new from the = IOD conference for the DB2 and related product set. This will include news= and announcements as well as some of the best of the presentations from th= e DB2 for LUW product area. More details to follow.=20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct If you cannot listen live, note that all replays in this series are immedia= tely available for replay at the conclusion of the live talk, so you can li= sten at your convenience.=20 This Tech Talk is part of a series of Tech Talks that are designed to provi= de some ed...

Don't miss DB2 for LUW Tech Talk Series. July 26th: Cert Prep for DB2 10 for LUW Fundamentals certification
This Tech Talk series is increasing in popularity, since it includes deep d= ives on the all new DB2 10 for LUW product. July 26th is the next date, wh= ich is part one of this two-part certification series. Part two of this ce= rtification series is August 2nd. Here are the registrations links for the= se webcasts: July 26 -- bit.ly/tt2012july=20 August 2 - bit.ly/ttpart2 Many replays of past topics on the new product are also available. Hope to= see you there. Main page: www.idug-db2.com ...

DB2 for LUW Tech Talk on JUne 20: pureScale + HADR for Always Available Transactions, What's new in DB2 10.5
Join IBM architect Aamer Sachedina for an in-depth discussion of the enhanc= ements in DB2 10.5 that help ensure "always available" transactions. DB2 pu= reScale provides two major functions: enables capacity scaling without appl= ication change; and provides an always available environment so that transa= ctional workloads, queries and other tasks continue uninterrupted in case o= f unplanned downtime.=20 Now in DB2 10.5, several enhancements work with DB2 pureScale to ensure ava= ilability and disaster recovery for transactional workloads.=20 More information and regist...

Next DB2 for LUW Tech Talk March 28th, Data Warehousing for the Tech Pro: What's Current and Where's It Going?
The next DB2 Tech Talk can help extend your OLTP skills to include DB2. As data grows, so do the number of data warehouse applications because they yield valuable insights from all the data. Join us for the next DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Tech Talk where we will delve into the topic of data warehousing both from the standpoint of whats current and what is needed in the future of data warehouse at the technical level. This talk is an excellent way to jumpstart, update and extend your skills for data warehoussing. More information and registration: http://bit.ly.tt2013mar ...

Next DB2 for Linux., UNIX and Windows Tech Talk August 29th: SQL Refresher, What's new in DB2 10.5 and What's new in the SQL standard
Join Rick Swagerman, Language Architect for DB2, for the next DB2 Tech Talk= .. Rick will present on new SQL enhancements in DB2, as well as updates on w= hat's new with the SQL standard. Learn about SQL advances in DB2 10.5, such= as expression-based indexes, extended row size, pipelined table functions,= weak types and type constraints and more! =20 More information and registration: bit.ly/tt2013aug Replays immediately follow the live broadcast for your scheduling convenien= ce.=20 ...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on >...

[News] IBM Elevates Free Software Database at DB2's Expense
IBM's EnterpriseDB stake: not what you think ,----[ Quote ] | Ergo, this deal is IBM dipping its feet gingerly into a back door challenge | to Oracle, not MySQL. Ever since IBM held back on its own SQL database | invention, allowing Oracle to grab leadership of the market, it has always | responded by making DB2 cheaper. But it still plays second banana. Investing | a modest chunk in EnterpriseDB is a way of having somebody else test drive a | new strategy for carving a wedge inside the Oracle market, something that IBM | has hungered for going back at least 20 years. `---- h...

Yellowfin BI Suite now validated on IBM's popular DB2 9 database
Yellowfin International today announced that Yellowfin has joined IBM's Partner Program, and that the Yellowfin BI Suite are now validated on IBM's popular DB2 9 database. This partnership opens new markets for Yellowfin, and provides IBM and its partners with an attractive opportunity to expand its presence in international markets and in the small- and medium-sized (SMB) business market. Yellowfin and IBM have a shared commitment to open standards and J2EE technology. Yellowfin's architecture and portability allow Yellowfin to run on all of IBM's platforms that supp...

Yellowfin BI Suite are now validated on IBM's popular DB2 9 database
Yellowfin International today announced that Yellowfin has joined IBM's Partner Program, and that the Yellowfin BI Suite are now validated on IBM's popular DB2 9 database. This partnership opens new markets for Yellowfin, and provides IBM and its partners with an attractive opportunity to expand its presence in international markets and in the small- and medium-sized (SMB) business market. Yellowfin and IBM have a shared commitment to open standards and J2EE technology. Yellowfin's architecture and portability allow Yellowfin to run on all of IBM's platforms that supp...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

Next DB2 Tech Talk September 27th Compression Comparison DB2 vs. Oracle Database and The Rest
Join Chris Eaton and host Serge Rielau for a discussion of DB2 Compression = capabilities. He will compare DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX and Windows to Oracle= Database and other industry databases, explaining the features and advanta= ges that help to maximize valuable storage resources. September 27th, 12:3= 0 PM ET. Register: bit.ly/tt2012latesep There is also an entire series of these Tech Talks at www.idug-db2.com. M= any available in replay for you to listen at your convenience. Find out ab= out the new features of DB2 10 for LUW, including Temporal Data Management,= supporti...

What's the DB2 connection string wihout DSN when use IBM DB2 OLE PROVIDER in windows environment?
What's the DB2 connection string wihout DSN when use IBM DB2 OLE PROVIDER in windows environment, such as ADO or Creation of Linked Server in MS SQL Server ? I searched for a long time to look for a connection string wihout DSN using IBM DB2 OLE PROVIDER in windows environment, but unfortunately, I found none. The DB2 connection string in http://www.connectionstring.com/ is wrong: Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=sample;HOSTNAME=db2host;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;PORT=50000;uid=myUserName;pwd=myPwd; I can't use it when use sp_addlinkedserver (the MS SQL Server Stored Procedure) which ne...

Next DB2 Tech Talk: Temporal Data Management Features of DB2 10 presented by IBM labs, June 21st
In the age of Big Data, Multivendor database skills are important! The DB2 = Tech Talk series is an easy way to build multivendor skills in short segmen= ts of time. The "deep dive" on the all new DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX and Windo= ws and InfoSphere Warehouse 10 products. Matthias Nicola of IBM labs covers= the bi-temporal data management features which let you manage data at past= or future points in time, consistently and cost-effectively. Register: bit= ..ly/tt2012jun ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Web resources about - oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW - comp.databases.ibm-db2