online backup with error -2025.

there is scheduled job for taking full online backup for a database nightly. Today I was checking backup history, and found that, for last few days, the backup description is showing an error code " -2025" .

Does it mean, the backup failed? if so what would be the reason? and any solution.

Platform : db2 on AIX .

Please reply. Thanks in advance.
0
Shashi

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 11:42:29 AM UTC-7, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> there is scheduled job for taking full online backup for a database nightly. Today I was checking backup history, and found that, for last few days, the backup description is showing an error code " -2025" .
>
> Does it mean, the backup failed? if so what would be the reason? and any solution.
>
> Platform : db2 on AIX .
>
> Please reply. Thanks in advance.

The -2025 error (SQL2025N) means that there was a problem writing the backup.  This could be a file system full error, a problem with your storage manager (TSM, NetBackup, etc).

You should look at the output from the scheduled backup for more information.  If for some reason you don't have this, look at the db2diag.log at the time when the backup failed to get more information.
0
Ian
2/23/2016 5:26:36 PM
On 2/22/2016 1:42 PM, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> there is scheduled job for taking full online backup for a database nightly. Today I was checking backup history, and found that, for last few days, the backup description is showing an error code " -2025" .
>
> Does it mean, the backup failed? if so what would be the reason? and any solution.
>
> Platform : db2 on AIX .
>
> Please reply. Thanks in advance.

If this error code originates from DB2 - and it's not clear from your
question whether it did or not - this is the associated error message in
the DB2 Information Center for DB2 10.5 for Linux, Unix and Windows:

SQL2025N
An I/O error occurred. Error code: code. Media on which this error
occurred: dir_or_devices.
Explanation

An I/O error occurred while accessing a file on the specified media.

The utility or operation stopped processing.

If media is "TSM", there is a problem related to IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager. A common TSM-related problem is time-out of a TSM session due
to an inadequate COMMTIMEOUT setting.
User response

     Collect more information from the db2diag diagnostic log files by
using the log analysis tool to search for the particular error code:

     db2diag -rc <RC>

     Respond to this error according to the type of media:
         If media is TSM, refer to the full text of the IBM Tivoli
Storage Manager API return code given in the error code, code.
         For other media types, ensure that dir_or_devices is accessible
and check for media errors. For example for media TAPE, ensure that the
tape library is online. If you are attempting to backup to TAPE and you
are using tape with variable block size, reduce the buffer size option
to within the range that the tape device supports (the database manager
automatically chooses an optimal value for this parameter if it is not
specified).

To see the DB2 manuals yourself, see:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.messages.sql.doc/doc/msql02025n.html?lang=en

If you use the search box to search for -2025, you'll get to the message
I posted above.

--
Rhino
0