online backup with error -2025.

there is scheduled job for taking full online backup for a database nightly. Today I was checking backup history, and found that, for last few days, the backup description is showing an error code " -2025" .

Does it mean, the backup failed? if so what would be the reason? and any solution.

Platform : db2 on AIX .

Please reply. Thanks in advance.
0
Shashi

On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 11:42:29 AM UTC-7, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> there is scheduled job for taking full online backup for a database nightly. Today I was checking backup history, and found that, for last few days, the backup description is showing an error code " -2025" .
>
> Does it mean, the backup failed? if so what would be the reason? and any solution.
>
> Platform : db2 on AIX .
>
> Please reply. Thanks in advance.

The -2025 error (SQL2025N) means that there was a problem writing the backup.  This could be a file system full error, a problem with your storage manager (TSM, NetBackup, etc).

You should look at the output from the scheduled backup for more information.  If for some reason you don't have this, look at the db2diag.log at the time when the backup failed to get more information.
0
Ian
2/23/2016 5:26:36 PM
On 2/22/2016 1:42 PM, Shashi Shekhar wrote:
> there is scheduled job for taking full online backup for a database nightly. Today I was checking backup history, and found that, for last few days, the backup description is showing an error code " -2025" .
>
> Does it mean, the backup failed? if so what would be the reason? and any solution.
>
> Platform : db2 on AIX .
>
> Please reply. Thanks in advance.

If this error code originates from DB2 - and it's not clear from your
question whether it did or not - this is the associated error message in
the DB2 Information Center for DB2 10.5 for Linux, Unix and Windows:

SQL2025N
An I/O error occurred. Error code: code. Media on which this error
occurred: dir_or_devices.
Explanation

An I/O error occurred while accessing a file on the specified media.

The utility or operation stopped processing.

If media is "TSM", there is a problem related to IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager. A common TSM-related problem is time-out of a TSM session due
to an inadequate COMMTIMEOUT setting.
User response

     Collect more information from the db2diag diagnostic log files by
using the log analysis tool to search for the particular error code:

     db2diag -rc <RC>

     Respond to this error according to the type of media:
         If media is TSM, refer to the full text of the IBM Tivoli
Storage Manager API return code given in the error code, code.
         For other media types, ensure that dir_or_devices is accessible
and check for media errors. For example for media TAPE, ensure that the
tape library is online. If you are attempting to backup to TAPE and you
are using tape with variable block size, reduce the buffer size option
to within the range that the tape device supports (the database manager
automatically chooses an optimal value for this parameter if it is not
specified).

To see the DB2 manuals yourself, see:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.db2.luw.messages.sql.doc/doc/msql02025n.html?lang=en

If you use the search box to search for -2025, you'll get to the message
I posted above.

--
Rhino
0

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N communication error on DB2/POrtal on AIX
Hi, I have installed WebSphere Portal on AIX and connected to DB2 on a remote machine, Getting the followin errors when trying to get the values from database thru applications installed on Portal. Any Help Appreciated. Thanks in advance. Praveen Singh IBM Workplace, India COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "9.33.12.221". Communication function detectin...

During BackUp of db2 database v 7.2 I get the error
During BackUp of db2 database v 7.2 I get the error: SQL0980C A disk error occurred. Subsequent SQL statements cannot be processed A chkdsk of the hard is ok. A db2dart of the database is also ok. What could I do?? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks! PS: This is a part of the db2adiag.log A bad page was encountered. What should I do? Dump File:C:\PROGRAMME\SQLLIB\DB2\210286.000 Data:SQLB_PAGE 2003-08-14-08.20.53.296000 Instance:DB2 Node:000 PID:210(db2syscs.exe) TID:286 Appid:none buffer_pool_services sqlbReadPage Probe:73 ** Second read was...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on >...

production database to test database, apply archive logs, online backup
if i take the production server backup (full) and restore to test server, and opened it. and then after some time, took the online backup of production with its control file , and restore to the test server, i am able to do so , right? also, i am able to apply archived logs after the online backup so that i have a latest production backup in the test server as the original production backup? Hi Yes You are doing a sort of standby database..remember you shouldnt be doing any transactions in your test database. regards Hrishy yls177@hotmail.com (yls177) wrote in message news:<c06e4d68.04...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this previously.... Following is my code... PROC SQL; CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 SCHEMA='MEMBER' USER=&UID PASSWORD=&PWD); CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS AS SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO DB2 ( SELECT A.SUTL_RGTR_ID ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM ,A.CRCT_IND ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS RSDT ,CASE A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS AIDT ,CASE A.STRG_NET_WRT...

DB2 backup error
We are running DB2 v7.2 on Linux and we had the following error last night during our online backup, we have been running onlines for quite some time without any problems Starting a full database backup. 2003-11-25-04.00.02.357730 Instance:db2inst1 Node:000 PID:1690(db2agent (DAY2PROD)) Appid:*LOCAL.db2inst1.031125090002 database_utilities buildAppTblsp Probe:20 Database:DAY2PROD DiagData 00f8 ffff 0a00 0000 0600 0000 .���........ 2003-11-25-04.00.02.449925 Instance:db2inst1 Node:000 PID:1690(db2agent (DAY2PROD)) Appid:*LOCAL.db2inst1.031125...

Database Backup Error
Hi there, I am trying to back up my MySQL database (mydb) using mysqldump, but I get this error: $ mysqldump -u user1 --password=mypassword mydb | gzip mydb.sql.gz No variable match for: -O 'connect_timeout=100' Any help/idea would be appreciated, Ross >I am trying to back up my MySQL database (mydb) using mysqldump, but I get >this error: >$ mysqldump -u user1 --password=mypassword mydb | gzip mydb.sql.gz >No variable match for: -O 'connect_timeout=100' That sounds like something incorrect in your my.cnf file (global or individual $HOME/.my.cnf ). ...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664] SQL0206N
I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this previously.... Following is my code... PROC SQL; CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 SCHEMA='MEMBER' USER=&UID PASSWORD=&PWD); CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS AS SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO DB2 ( SELECT A.SUTL_RGTR_ID ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM ,A.CRCT_IND ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS RSDT ,CASE A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS AIDT ,CASE A.STRG_NET_WRT...

Re: ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:01:54 -0800, shaunak.adgaonkar@gmail.com <shaunak.adgaonkar@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this >previously.... Following is my code... > >PROC >SQL; >CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 >SCHEMA='MEMBER' > USER=&UID >PASSWORD=&PWD); > CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS >AS > SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO >DB2 > >( > >SELECT > >A.SUTL_RGTR_ID > ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE > ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM > ,A.CRCT_IND > ,CASE > A.SUTL_...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other ...

Database backup without using 'backup database'
Suppose a running database (DB2 UDB) with all containers being SMS based (file system as JFS or JFS2 on AIX). How to make a backup (online) by doing a file system backup and not a database backup? Could this be done with: db2 set write suspend for db backup file system data used by db2 data and logs db2 set write resume for db with the purpose of doing: restore of db2 file system data on another system startup and usage of database. The questions are: - will the restored database be consistent after start/restart - what additional resources are taken be...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DB2 Backup Error #2
Hi @ll, System: United Linux 1.0 under VMWARE Workstation. Main System SLES9. Server System: Dell Power Edge 1850 have very serious problem with DB2 V8.1.0.0 . I do following command and get this error. db2 "backup db archiv to /db2backup" ---------------------------------------------------------------------- SQL2025N Es ist der E/A-Fehler "6" bei Datentr�ger "/db2backup/ARCHIV.0.db2inst1.NODE0000.CATN0000.20050125145947.001" aufgetreten. Erkl�rung: Ein E/A-Fehler trat auf, als auf eine Datei auf dem angegebenen Datentr�ger zugegrif...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

Backup database vs. Backup database at TS-level time differences
Folks - DB21085I Instance "db2inst1" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL08022" with level identifier "03030106". Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.2.88", "s050422", "MI00117", and FixPak "9". Product is installed at "/opt/IBM/db2/V8.FP9". Red Hat AS 4 / fastT700 San 4400 We're experiencing 'interesting' differences in backup times when we backup the database (76gb) at the database-level vs. backing-up at the tablespace level. What happening is that when we did a full ...

db2 database online copy help?
Hi all, I know this is possible in Oracle but has anyone done it in DB2 and could you maybe direct me to some documentation or let me know how I would go about doing it? In the oracle world you would basically need to do the following: 1. Set tablespace to backup mode 2. Copy associated data files to new directory/system 3. Set tablespace off backup mode 4. Keep doing the above for all the tablespaces. 5. Force a log switch to write an archive log 6. Copy the archive logs over to the new directory/system 7. create a new control file with the new system name etc. 8. bring up...

Error message from backup of ReportServerTempDB database
I created a subplan of a maintenance plan to backup the ReportServerTempDB database. I run the backup as a step in an Sql Server job. The run of the database backup subplan fails with the error: "DTExec: Could not set \Package\ReportServerTempDB full backup.Disable value to False." and the step does not run. The command line I use in the step is: "/SQL "Maintenance Plans\BCK - Weekly Backup" /SERVER "GVIA-SQL" /CHECKPOINTING OFF /SET "\Package\ReportServerTempDB full backup.Disable";False /REPORTING E" which I copied from commands ...

Web resources about - online backup with error -2025. - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Channel Partners Online
VoIP News, Voice over IP, IMS, News and Analysis, Channel Partners

Computer News Middle East Online - Information Technology News, Analysis, Insights and Case Studies
The technology industry is changing. The power and decision makers are shifting. The phrase ‘money talks’ is definitely applicable as CFOs become ...

IT News Online > - Hardware - Software - Gaming - Internet - Telecom - Finance
IT News Online is a News Portal that brings you the latest in the IT Industry. Right from Financial Transactions to the latest Gizmos, IT News ...

Lubbock Online - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
LubbockOnline.com is the website of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal newspaper, providing news, community conversation, advertising, classifieds ...

Online News Heard Now - Online News from around the World
Online News Heard Now Home Editorials Technology Health Business Travel Sports Entertainment Finance Featured Recent About Authors About Us Privacy ...

The Daily News Online: Serving Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties (NY) with local news and events ...
Serving Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties (NY) with local news and events.

X17 Online - Celebrity News - Celebrity Gossip - Celebrity Photos & Pics - Paparazzi Photos of Hollywood ...
... Gossip and Breaking Entertainment News - Star Photos Pictures and Free Videos. Hollywood Rumors Babies and Paparazzi Galleries on X17online.com ...

Online Journalism Blog
Blog covering the latest developments in online journalism, citizen journalism, database journalism, computer assisted reporting, blogging, mobile ...

Online Journalism Blog - Comment, analysis and links covering online journalism and online news, citizen ...
Comment, analysis and links covering online journalism and online news, citizen journalism, blogging, vlogging, photoblogging, podcasts, vodcasts, ...

BBC News Online - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The website contains international news coverage, as well as British, entertainment, science, and political news. Many reports are accompanied ...