Password for SAMPLE database after creating it?

If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?

I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.

(I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
the answer.)

--
Rhino
0

On 2/12/2016 5:53 PM, Rhino wrote:
> If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
> 10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
> Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?
>
> I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
> out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.
>
> (I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
> the answer.)

If you use an existing windows id, it would be the same password as it
had before. If you created a new one, I could swear that it prompts you
to enter a password but I haven't installed on Windows in a while.

--
Larry E.

Larry
2/13/2016 1:01:01 AM
On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 11:53:42 PM UTC+1, Rhino wrote:
> If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
> 10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
> Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?
>
> I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
> out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.
>
> (I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
> the answer.)
>
> --
> Rhino

DB2 uses user authentication from OS. So type in the username/password of the user that created the database.
0
UTF
2/13/2016 11:14:33 AM
On 2/12/2016 5:53 PM, Rhino wrote:
> If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
> 10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
> Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?
>
> I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
> out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.
>
> (I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
> the answer.)

Thanks very much, Gregor and Larry!

I figured that DB2 would use Windows authentication but I got confused
because Windows truncated my user ID - which is my email address - after
the 5th letter, for some reason.

I use my whole email address to sign in to Windows and I use a PIN for
my Windows, not a password. However, there *is* still a password on the
email address so I used that and finally DB2 let me sign in with the
first 5 characters of my email address as the ID and my complete password.

--
Rhino
0

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

db2 client to connect to host databases and create/use local databases too
Is it possible to install DB2 client product(s) so that the same system can connect to host databases like DB2 Connect can, *and* can also create and use local databases like DB2 Personal can? I have "DB2 Personal Edition" installed now, which does everything I want except I get an SQL8002N about missing DB2 Connect product/license when I try to connect to an OS/400 database. I was thinking of trying "DB2 Connect Personal Edition", but I cannot find confirmation anywhere of whether that would let me also create and use local databases... On 17.04.13 12:31 , Cind...

Create Test database from Main Database
Hi We have one datawarehouse and we are developing reports at offsoure. For developing reports we need one test database at offsoure. for this purpose we need a small part of our main database export in one dump. Does this possible to create small part of database like that? If you have any other suggistion please tell me. We try to give direct access to live data base but speed is very slow and not possible to work. Thanks, Dinesh On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:58:15 -0800, dinesh.kulhari wrote: > Hi > > We have one datawarehouse and we are developing reports at offsoure. > For de...

Web resources about - Password for SAMPLE database after creating it? - comp.databases.ibm-db2

One-time password - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one login session or transaction. OTPs avoid a number of shortcomings that are ...

Oregon To Consider Bill Blocking Employers From Demanding Applicants’ Facebook Passwords
The Oregon House of Representatives will hear a bill Friday that would prevent employers from demanding that job applicants reveal their passwords ...

Keeping Passwords Secure
The Facebook Security team has always kept a close eye on data breach announcements from other organizations. Theft of personal data like email ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

How to manage your saved passwords in Chrome for Android
One of the many great things about using Chrome as your primary browser across devices is that all your saved passwords get synced. That takes ...

Password management app Enpass goes 5.0 with new design and features
If you care about your online privacy and security which you very well should youre probably already using a password management app. In all ...

Security solution RapID wants to kill the password
At a time where cyber security is infiltrating the consciousness of consumers and businesses alike, finding the right balance between security ...

Stop what you’re doing and download a password manager right now
Whether you know it or not, today is Safer Internet Day. That might sound like a silly, made up name for a random day in February, but rather ...

CISOs say advanced authentication methods must be used with traditional passwords
A group of leading Chief Information Security Officer’s (CISOs) say that days are numbered for the password as the sole authentication method ...

Someday soon, your phone could replace your password
Tech companies are developing new security systems that won't require you remember passwords