Password for SAMPLE database after creating it?

If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?

I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.

(I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
the answer.)

--
Rhino
0

On 2/12/2016 5:53 PM, Rhino wrote:
> If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
> 10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
> Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?
>
> I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
> out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.
>
> (I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
> the answer.)

If you use an existing windows id, it would be the same password as it
had before. If you created a new one, I could swear that it prompts you
to enter a password but I haven't installed on Windows in a while.

--
Larry E.

Larry
2/13/2016 1:01:01 AM
On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 11:53:42 PM UTC+1, Rhino wrote:
> If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
> 10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
> Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?
>
> I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
> out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.
>
> (I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
> the answer.)
>
> --
> Rhino

DB2 uses user authentication from OS. So type in the username/password of the user that created the database.
0
UTF
2/13/2016 11:14:33 AM
On 2/12/2016 5:53 PM, Rhino wrote:
> If I use the db2sampl command to create the SAMPLE database in DB2
> 10.5.5 in a Windows 10 environment, the tables seem to be owned by my
> Windows ID. What password does DB2 assign to that ID when it does so?
>
> I'd like to access that those tables via Data Studio but can't figure
> out what password to give it when creating the connection to my Windows ID.
>
> (I may be having a Stupid Day and will probably kick myself when I get
> the answer.)

Thanks very much, Gregor and Larry!

I figured that DB2 would use Windows authentication but I got confused
because Windows truncated my user ID - which is my email address - after
the 5th letter, for some reason.

I use my whole email address to sign in to Windows and I use a PIN for
my Windows, not a password. However, there *is* still a password on the
email address so I used that and finally DB2 let me sign in with the
first 5 characters of my email address as the ID and my complete password.

--
Rhino
0