Protocol specific error code(s): "10065", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

Hello All,

I am getting the below error message when I am trying to connect from
client to remote database server installed on Linux. DB2 UDB ESE
database is running on a trail version on Linux and client
(administration client) installed on Windows.

#_____________________________________________________________________

Protocol specific error code(s): "10065", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001
#_____________________________________________________________________

One the DB2 server:

[db2inst1@fedorasvr ~]$ db2level
DB21085I Instance "db2inst1" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release
"SQL08020"
with level identifier "03010106".
Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.0.64", "s040812", "MI00086", and
FixPak "7".
Product is installed at "/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1".

[db2inst1@oraclegrid ~]$ db2set -all | grep DB2COMM
DB2COMM=TCPIP

[db2inst1@oraclegrid ~]$ db2 get dbm cfg | grep SVCE
TCP/IP Service name (SVCENAME) = db2svce

in /etc/services:
db2svce 32000/tcp # Connection port for DB2 instance db2inst1

And on the client, I am using Configuration assistant , but failed to
connect to server. Using TCP/IP, and be able to ping to the DB2 server.
Not sure Why i am getting the Above error. I appreciate if someone help
me out (There was a document available on IBM support, but it was
locked, needs special access, which i dont have)

Thank You,
Madhu

0
Madhu

Madhu,

First try to check if you are able to use tcpip connection locally on
Linux.

Log on the linux system.
db2 catalog tcpip node <your node>
 remote <db2 host or ip> server <port numer>
db2 terminate

db2 catalog database <the database> as <new database name>
at node <your node>
db2 terminate

db2 connect to <new database name> user <your user>
Where <your node> is a name of your choice.
<db2 host or ip> can be IP of the db2 computer.
<port numer> in your case is 32000.

If you are able to connect from the same machine using tcpip, repeat
the steps on Windows. Probably you should first uncatalog what was
catalogued by db2ca:
db2 list node directory
db2 list db directory
db2 uncatalog db <the database>
db2 ucatalog node <the node>

If you still cannot connect to the database from windows I suggest to
check network settings (firewall, dns, port filtering, etc...).

-- Artur Wronski

0
Artur
12/16/2005 1:00:12 AM
Artur,

As per your advise, I changed the firewall settings and now able to
connect from Windows clent to Db2 remote server.

Thank You !!!

Artur wrote:
> Madhu,
>
> First try to check if you are able to use tcpip connection locally on
> Linux.
>
> Log on the linux system.
> db2 catalog tcpip node <your node>
>  remote <db2 host or ip> server <port numer>
> db2 terminate
>
> db2 catalog database <the database> as <new database name>
> at node <your node>
> db2 terminate
>
> db2 connect to <new database name> user <your user>
> Where <your node> is a name of your choice.
> <db2 host or ip> can be IP of the db2 computer.
> <port numer> in your case is 32000.
>
> If you are able to connect from the same machine using tcpip, repeat
> the steps on Windows. Probably you should first uncatalog what was
> catalogued by db2ca:
> db2 list node directory
> db2 list db directory
> db2 uncatalog db <the database>
> db2 ucatalog node <the node>
>
> If you still cannot connect to the database from windows I suggest to
> check network settings (firewall, dns, port filtering, etc...).
>
> -- Artur Wronski

0
Madhu