query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table #2

My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I
need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection.   I
also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table.
How can I accomplish this ?  Do i need a seperate product ?
I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to
db2 on the mainframe.

TIA

Roger

0
Roger

Roger wrote:
> My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I
> need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection.   I
> also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table.
> How can I accomplish this ?  Do i need a seperate product ?
> I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to
> db2 on the mainframe.

You need to look at Websphere Information Integrator along with the
relational wrappers for MS SQL server and Oracle.

0
Ian
4/27/2007 11:01:38 PM
Ian,  its a canned CRM application that currently connects to DB2.  I
cannot run the app on Websphere.  A few years could use relational
connect and create federated nickname on db2. Can I still do that ?

TIA

On Apr 27, 6:01 pm, Ian <ianb...@mobileaudio.com> wrote:
> Roger wrote:
> > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I
> > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection.   I
> > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table.
> > How can I accomplish this ?  Do i need a seperate product ?
> > I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to
> > db2 on the mainframe.
>
> You need to look at Websphere Information Integrator along with the
> relational wrappers for MS SQL server and Oracle.

0
Roger
4/28/2007 5:54:38 AM
Roger wrote:
> Ian,  its a canned CRM application that currently connects to DB2.  I
> cannot run the app on Websphere.  A few years could use relational
> connect and create federated nickname on db2. Can I still do that ?

Information Integrator is DB2 with the relational wrappers.  So you
should be fine.

Why IBM decided to put it in the "Websphere" brand is beyond me.

0
Ian

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger ...

TABLES TABLES TABLES
How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table lookup methods - and lookup tables in particular (I mean, lookup tables pre- date SQL). Even SAS data sets are referred to as tables. This made the student apoplectic. Words of wisdom most welcome!!! Thanks, Howard sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of >TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table >lookup methods - and lookup tables in partic...

How to find the next sequence of the db2 generated field in the syscat catalog table on db2 mainframe and db2 udb
Hi, We have some tables with db2 generated field. How can I find the next generated sequence fot those fields. Thanks, I need to find those information on db2 mainframe and also db2 udb. zgh1970 wrote: > Hi, > We have some tables with db2 generated field. > How can I find the next generated sequence fot those fields. > Thanks, zgh1970 wrote: > Hi, > We have some tables with db2 generated field. > How can I find the next generated sequence fot those fields. > Thanks, > You won't be able to peek the next value. There are semantic reasons as well as practical. First of all there is no locking for sequence values. That is if you check the next value the information you would obtain would be outdated right away. Anyone could steal that value. Secondly depending on the implementation there may be more than one cache. That is depending on where the sequence generating code executes you could see different values. (Think sysplex or DB2 for LUW with DPF). Having that said DB2 for LUW stored the high watermark in the catalog is SYSIBM.SYSSEQUENCES. Chances are DB2 zOS does the same. The high watermark is used by DB2 to issue the next set of cache values. Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutions Development IBM Toronto Lab Hi, Serge, thank you for the information. But peeking the next valus is also useful in the data ware house. I am sure no any change to those tables with db2 generated fields. Somet...

DB2 Integrity Checks and Exception Tables- How can I move the exception table data back to the original table?
I am working on planning a migration of a DB2 8.1 database from a horrible IBM encoding to UTF-8 to support further languages etc. I am encountering an issue that I am stuck on. A few notes on this migration: We are using db2move to export and load the data and db2look to get the details fo the database (tablespaces, tables, keys etc). We found the loading process worked nicely with db2move import, however, the data takes 7 hours to load and this was unacceptable downtime when we actually complete the conversion on the main database. We are now using db2move load, which is much faster as it seems to simply throw the data in without integrity checks. Which leads to my current issue. After completing the db2move load process, several tables are in a check pending state and require integrity checks. Integrity checks are done via the following: set integrity for . immediate checked This works for most tables, however, some tables give an error: DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned: SQL3603N Check data processing through the SET INTEGRITY statement has found integrity violation involving a constraint with name "blah.SQL120124110232400". SQLSTATE=23514 The internets tell me that the solution to this issue is to create an exception table based on the actual table and tell the SET INTEGRITY command to send any e...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES #2
OHHH went there, did that, got the t-shirt, even. I tried everything in the book. This person is extremely LITERAL and looking for the letter of the law, or something........maybe my trying so hard just egged him on, or his stubbornness that kept his feet in concrete, but I don't think so. He truly believes that. -----Original Message----- From: David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:55:12 -0800 Subject: Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

how to access db2 tables on aix from db2/390
Hi, Friiends, I am db2 UDB DBA on aix. >From db2 UDB on aix, we can use federation by create server and then nickname to access the tables on db2/390. For the security ,we can use user mapping for for the federation serse. All the setting federation server,nickname and user mapping controled under the db2 udb database. How can we do it from DB2/390 to access db2 UDB tables on aix? Can we also create user mapping for the security? All these set up in on the db2/390 database. Thanks, George 05/16 zgh1970 wrote: > Hi, Friiends, > I am db2 UDB DBA on aix. > > From db2 UDB on aix, we can use federation by create server and then > nickname to access the tables on db2/390. For the security ,we can use > user mapping for for the federation serse. > All the setting federation server,nickname and user mapping controled > under the db2 udb database. > > > How can we do it from DB2/390 to access db2 UDB tables on aix? > Can we also create user mapping for the security? > All these set up in on the db2/390 database. Caveat: beyond running queries against DB2/390 I really don't know much about it. A quick glance at the InfoCenter for DB2 v8 and DB2 v9.1 on z/OS seem to indicate that the usual federated data statements (CREATE WRAPPER, SERVER, NICKNAME, etc.) aren't present - perhaps this feature is present in DB2 for Linux/UNIX/Windows only? That said, a search for "federated data"...

load SAS table into DB2 temporary table
Hello, I have a problem with the load DB2. I'm working on MVS system under Z/OS and with DB2. I have to create a DB2 temporary table from a SAS table. I've tried 2 solution, the first work good but it's slow to store the records The second should be very faster but it doesn't work. The 2 solutions : 1. put all the record read from the SAS table into macro-variable then create the DB2 temporary table then do a loop to insert all macro-variable in the DB2 table then do a SQL request to try if the table is loaded ==> this work very good 2. create a SAS t...

Joining SAS Table and SQL Server Table
I have a SAS table that I want to join with a table in a MS SQL Server database based on a claim key - this is an indexed column in the SQL Server table. The number of rows in the SAS table will vary from a few rows to a several thousand rows. There will be tens of thousands of rows in the SQL Server table but there will only be at most of few hundred matches between the two tables (for the query that I need). I need some help as to what is the best method. I know I can create a view of the SQL Server table and then join the two with SQL. Will this make any use of the index in SQL Server?...

Re: SAS/DB2 table joins #2
Martin: INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations that trigger key integrity constraints and rollback tend to run very slowly on RDBMS's. I believe that DB2 has a bulk load option (but can't give you the exact syntax since I don't have SAS/ACCESS for DB2 licensed here). We add BCP=YES BCP_ERRORFILE="<directory path>" to a MS SQL Server connection string. The bulk load process writes transactions that violate DB key or other integrity constraints to the error file. The bulk load option usually lets inserts run many times faster. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-...

Error inserting into iSeries DB2 table with long name via SQL Server 2000 linked Server
I have a IBM iSeries (aka AS-400) running v5r3 of OS/400 that I access via a linked server from SQL Server 2000. The following select works fine: select * from prod400db.test.meldbf.InventoryHistory However, this insert statement fails: insert into prod400db.TEST.MELDBF.InventoryHistory (plantId, itemnumber, transactionType, transactionQty, fromStockRoom, fromStatusCode, fromBinLocation, toStockRoom, toStatusCode, toBinLocation, transactionReason, transactionSourceSystem) values ('100','CMW21','R',11, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'WIP',' ', NULL,'...

FW: Joining SAS Table and SQL Server Table
Have a look at the help topic "SAS/ACCESS Data Set Options" in the docs--there's a DBKEY option that will likely be of use to you. I *think* that under the covers it's creating a parameterized query on the mssql table based on your join condition, and cycling through your SAS table row by row executing it. But I'm not sure... HTH, -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jeremy Kemp Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:26 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Joining SAS Table and SQL Server Table I have a SAS ...

Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table
Pascal: Enclose SQL create and delete queries in a SQL EXECUTE() function and pass them through to DB2. Once you have the table created, you can insert rows of data (using BULKLOAD to speed up inserting large numbers of rows). Ask your DB2 DBA about the correct syntax for DB2 temporary table name. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tonts Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:31 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table Lois, Thanks for your answer. But the problem is a little bit different ...

Re: Joining SAS Table and SQL Server Table
Jeremy: This question comes up repeatedly. The best solution appears to be outside the scope of middle-ware developers that support SAS (ODBC, OLEdb, SAS/Access Oracle/DB2 engines). Ideally the SAS/Access product would optimize the query by sending a query from the SAS client to execute on the DB server. The query would select joins rows in a DB table or view to a url from which the DB server can stream key values and elements of WHERE clauses from a smaller table or view on the SAS client. In resolving the query, the DB server would project columns and subset rows and stream the yield of the...

Re: TABLES TABLES TABLES
sasbum@AOL.COM wrote: >How would you best describe to a retiscent SAS student that the concept of >TABLES isn't limited to SQL? This came up during a discussion on table >lookup methods - and lookup tables in particular (I mean, lookup tables >pre- >date SQL). Even SAS data sets are referred to as tables. This made the >student apoplectic. I find a visual works well here. If you show a grid with rows and columns, then you can show a picture of a SAS data set and a SQL table and a lookup table, and show that (regardless of terminology and buzzwords) they're all pr...

Is there Driven Table and Driving Table concept (as in Oracle) used for Joining a two tables?
Dear Gurus, I have worked on Oracle. Now working on MySQL 5.1. I have two tables Customers(having 5000 rows) and City(having 100 rows) as below Customer Table >> CId | CName | CityId ----------------------------------- 1 | Ajay | MUM 2 | Ajay | DEL .... .... 999 | Ajay | BG 1000 | Ajay | PUN City Table >> CityId | CtyName -------------------------- MUM | Mumbai DEL | Delhi .... BG | Banglore There are indexes on CId and CityId columns. If I want to find out Customer's City details then query will be Select CName,CtyName Fro...

From table to table....
I want to create a new table containing only the results from a select statement of another table. How is that done? select a, b, c into destTable from sourceTable where a='x' or a='y' or a='z'; Does one have to create the destTable or is it created for you with the correct structure? Can the rows of one table be used in the select of another table? eg: The above select statement has three choices. could those 'choices' have been rows of a column of a table? On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:29:45 -0800 (PST), SpreadTooThin wrote: > I want to create a new table co...

migrate DB2 table to MS SQL server with GIF fields
I have to migrate database from AIX DB2 to MS Sql Server 2000. In one table there is field with GIF image. I have tried with "Import/Export Data" wizard on SQL server to import that table. All other fields are successfully migrated except for that field with gif image (I get only "GIF89A" as value in that field on MS SQL). Also, "Import/Export Data" wizard on SQL server "sees" that field as LONG VARCHAR???? (isn't this supposed to be some kind of BLOB field?). I'm using DB2 ODBC driver on SQL server to connect on DB2 server. Do...

joining table from oracle db to a table in ms sql db
I am using following query to get data from a table in oracle db: SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY(ARADMIN, 'select Column1 from Oracle_Table WHERE status not in (''a'','b'',''c'') ' Order by OPENEDDATE DESC I want to join a table from MS SQL 2000 DB in the above query, can any one let me know how this can be done? thankx, rushi "hrushi" <hbhome@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171386377.803275.145700@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I am using following query to get data from a table in oracle db: > > SELECT * > FR...

Web resources about - query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table #2 - comp.databases.ibm-db2

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...