Reg: Owner for Declared Global Temporary tables

I am using below Query to find the declared global temporary tables in
a Database:
Below query is for DB2 version 9.1 , you can get same information by
taking snapshot of the tables.

SELECT  * from SYSIBMADM.SNAPTAB WHERE TABSCHEMA = 'SESSION'  ORDER BY
TABNAME, DBPARTITIONNUM;

Is it possible to find the Owner of the declared global Temporary
table ? ( who actually created it)

Thanks
Ravi
0
Ravi

Ravi wrote:
> I am using below Query to find the declared global temporary tables in
> a Database:
> Below query is for DB2 version 9.1 , you can get same information by
> taking snapshot of the tables.
>
> SELECT  * from SYSIBMADM.SNAPTAB WHERE TABSCHEMA = 'SESSION'  ORDER BY
> TABNAME, DBPARTITIONNUM;
>
> Is it possible to find the Owner of the declared global Temporary
> table ? ( who actually created it)
Hmm.. not sure what you are ultimately after, but if you want to enforce
a quota you could control it through the user temp table space.
I.e. give each group of users a different temp space.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
On Aug 30, 8:12=A0am, Serge Rielau <srie...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> Ravi wrote:
> > I am using below Query to find the declaredglobaltemporarytablesin
> > a Database:
> > Below query is for DB2 version 9.1 , you can get same information by
> > taking snapshot of thetables.
>
> > SELECT =A0* from SYSIBMADM.SNAPTAB WHERE TABSCHEMA =3D 'SESSION' =A0ORD=
ER BY
> > TABNAME, DBPARTITIONNUM;
>
> > Is it possible to find the Owner of the declaredglobalTemporary
> > table ? ( who actually created it)
>
> Hmm.. not sure what you are ultimately after, but if you want to enforce
> a quota you could control it through the user temp table space.
> I.e. give each group of users a different temp space.
>
> Cheers
> Serge
>
> --
> Serge Rielau
> DB2 Solutions Development
> IBM Toronto Lab

I did create a separate User tempspace. The problem is,  If 10 users
are creating 10 global temp tables all of them are having tabschema as
'SESSION', Some of the users who create them forget to drop them after
using it or does not close their session. So all the space allocated
is pre-occupied  by these existing global temporary tables. I cannot
force the user as I donot know who create it, the only option i am
left is forcing one application after another and check if the space
is released.  If it is possible to find who the actual owner is then
forcing that user will release the space.

I am using the Query specified earlier to check the global temporary
tables in a database.

Thanks
Ravi

0
Ravi
8/30/2008 2:22:31 PM
Ravi wrote:
> On Aug 30, 8:12 am, Serge Rielau <srie...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Ravi wrote:
>>> I am using below Query to find the declaredglobaltemporarytablesin
>>> a Database:
>>> Below query is for DB2 version 9.1 , you can get same information by
>>> taking snapshot of thetables.
>>> SELECT  * from SYSIBMADM.SNAPTAB WHERE TABSCHEMA = 'SESSION'  ORDER BY
>>> TABNAME, DBPARTITIONNUM;
>>> Is it possible to find the Owner of the declaredglobalTemporary
>>> table ? ( who actually created it)
>> Hmm.. not sure what you are ultimately after, but if you want to enforce
>> a quota you could control it through the user temp table space.
>> I.e. give each group of users a different temp space.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Serge
>>
>> --
>> Serge Rielau
>> DB2 Solutions Development
>> IBM Toronto Lab
>
> I did create a separate User tempspace. The problem is,  If 10 users
> are creating 10 global temp tables all of them are having tabschema as
> 'SESSION', Some of the users who create them forget to drop them after
> using it or does not close their session. So all the space allocated
> is pre-occupied  by these existing global temporary tables. I cannot
> force the user as I donot know who create it, the only option i am
> left is forcing one application after another and check if the space
> is released.  If it is possible to find who the actual owner is then
> forcing that user will release the space.
>
> I am using the Query specified earlier to check the global temporary
> tables in a database.
I'm checking with backstage....

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development

--> Serge : This would be a nice feature to have... because my
solution only works for SMS!

What you can do is this - quite much work:
When a DGTT is held by an agent, you can get information about it by
sending a signal 36 to the agent process. Then it writes (ascii text)
to a trapfile (name: g[PID].[NODE]) which holds your desired
information: The TID of the DGTT. With this information you can derive
the size from the file object in your SMS-containers. I think with DMS
you can't get this infos...

The g[PID].[NODE] file should be deleted after your work - new text
would be appended, thats not nice to parse (and space is used).
0
stefan
9/1/2008 9:09:49 AM
On Sep 1, 4:09=A0am, "stefan.albert" <stefan.alb...@spb.de> wrote:
> Hello Ravi,
> what you want to do is very tricky, but possible.
> I've had this same problem - we want to identify the top user of
> tempspace and eventually force him off when using too much space (FS
> runs full).
> For temptables (NON-DGTT) you can use db2pd to find the owner (-
> tcbstats) here the application handle (agent id) is listed. But this
> won't help for DGTTs, because this information isn't given.
>
> --> Serge : This would be a nice feature to have... because my
> solution only works for SMS!
>
> What you can do is this - quite much work:
> When a DGTT is held by an agent, you can get information about it by
> sending a signal 36 to the agent process. Then it writes (ascii text)
> to a trapfile (name: g[PID].[NODE]) which holds your desired
> information: The TID of the DGTT. With this information you can derive
> the size from the file object in your SMS-containers. I think with DMS
> you can't get this infos...
>
> The g[PID].[NODE] file should be deleted after your work - new text
> would be appended, thats not nice to parse (and space is used).

Can you please send me a sample script. I donot know how to send a
signal to a agent process and what signal 36 will do. Secondly, does
the signal needs to be sent to all the agents connected to the
database, as It is not known which agent has created Global temporary
table.
Thanks
Ravi
0
Ravi

On Sep 2, 6:06 pm, Ravi <nissanka.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 4:09 am, "stefan.albert" <stefan.alb...@spb.de> wrote:
>

> > Hello Ravi,
> > what you want to do is very tricky, but possible.
> > I've had this same problem - we want to identify the top user of
> > tempspace and eventually force him off when using too much space (FS
> > runs full).
> > For temptables (NON-DGTT) you can use db2pd to find the owner (-
> > tcbstats) here the application handle (agent id) is listed. But this
> > won't help for DGTTs, because this information isn't given.
>
> > --> Serge : This would be a nice feature to have... because my
> > solution only works for SMS!
>
> > What you can do is this - quite much work:
> > When a DGTT is held by an agent, you can get information about it by
> > sending a signal 36 to the agent process. Then it writes (ascii text)
> > to a trapfile (name: g[PID].[NODE]) which holds your desired
> > information: The TID of the DGTT. With this information you can derive
> > the size from the file object in your SMS-containers. I think with DMS
> > you can't get this infos...
>
> > The g[PID].[NODE] file should be deleted after your work - new text
> > would be appended, thats not nice to parse (and space is used).
>
> Can you please send me a sample script. I donot know how to send a
> signal to a agent process and what signal 36 will do. Secondly, does
> the signal needs to be sent to all the agents connected to the
> database, as It is not known which agent has created Global temporary
> table.
> Thanks
> Ravi- Hide quoted text -

Hello Ravi,

there is no sample script - I've written a perl script to do that - it
is tailored to our environment (SMS only).
Also: I'm not allowed to give away our scripts - thats a company
policy... sorry.

You send signal 36 to an agent with "kill -36 $PID ..." or you can use
"db2pd -db $DBNAME -stack $PID".
This signals the agent to write trapfiles with current status
information to DIAGPATH (dbm cfg).
The PIDs of the agent(s) are listed in a snapshot for application.

For your special problem:
You can make snapshots for all applications and have a look at the
values in "Rows written".
If it is not an Insert/Update and the value is "quite big" this could
be a session which uses much temp (either SYS or USER(=3DDGTT)). But
this only works for the current SQL - if the DGTT was created by an
older SQL you won't see a reference.
You can only guess with the help of "Rows written" for the whole
Session (the first occurence of "Rows written", the second seems to be
for the current SQL running).
0
stefan

declare global temporary table with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
Hello. V5R2 I try to create global temporary table in my Windows java application: ((java.sql.Connection) conn).createStatement().execute("declare global temportary table test (c1 integer)"); With COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver it works, but with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver I get such SQLException: --start-- java.sql.SQLException: [PWS9801] Function rejected by user exit program IMBEPSQL in QUSRSYS. Cause . . . . . : User exit program IMBEPSQL in library QUSRSYS called for the function and returned an indication that the function should not be done. Recovery . . . : Determine why the user exit program rejected the function, correct the problem, and run the function again. --end--- ((SQLException) ex).getErrorCode() = -101 ((SQLException) ex).getSQLState() = "HY001" Is it possible to declare tables with this driver? Sincerely, Mark B ...

DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE problem
A bit longwinded; apologies in advance. My client has two large iSeries machines, both at V5R2 (they may be logical partitions of the same physical machine; I'm not sure.) The DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE statement in SQL behaves a little differently on the two machines, causing me problems. I am issuing the statement in the Run SQL Scripts window of the navigator; *SQL naming is in effect (this matters.) On the development machine, the table created is owned by the group profile to which my user profile belongs; there is no *GROUP authority generated, and *PUBLIC authority ...

Error while declaring a global temporary table
Hi, I have very little knowledge about creating Procedures/functions in DB2. When i tried to create the test function like CREATE FUNCTION GET_TEST (P_TEST_ID INTEGER, P_SEL_OR_SORT INTEGER, P_TEST VARCHAR(2) ) RETURNS VARCHAR(1000) SPECIFIC GET_RULE LANGUAGE SQL NOT DETERMINISTIC READS SQL DATA STATIC DISPATCH CALLED ON NULL INPUT EXTERNAL ACTION INHERIT SPECIAL REGISTERS BEGIN ATOMIC DECLARE v_TEST VARCHAR(4000); DECLARE v_TEST_Select VARCHAR(4000); DECLARE v_TEST_Sort VARCHAR(1000); DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE TEMP_TEST (id INTEGER ) ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS; SET v_TEST_Select = NULL; SET v_TEST_Sort = NULL; RETURN(v_TEST); END; It give an error SQL 0104N "An unexpected token "Table" was found following "..are Global Temporary". What is the problem in that? Rahul B wrote: > Hi, > > I have very little knowledge about creating Procedures/functions in > DB2. > > When i tried to create the test function like > > CREATE FUNCTION GET_TEST > (P_TEST_ID INTEGER, > P_SEL_OR_SORT INTEGER, > P_TEST VARCHAR(2) > ) > RETURNS VARCHAR(1000) > SPECIFIC GET_RULE > LANGUAGE SQL > NOT DETERMINISTIC > READS SQL DATA > STATIC DISPATCH > CALLED ON NULL INPUT > EXTERNAL ACTION > INHERIT SPECIAL REGISTERS > BEGIN ATOMIC > DECLARE v_TEST VARC...

Declared Global Temporary Table in multiple Stored Procedures
Hi, As I understand it, Declared Global Temporary Tables (DGTTs) have a scope that is session/connection based. Using the same connection, I have discovered that if I declare a DGTT in one stored procedure, then I can't create a second stored procedure that uses the DGTT, as the DGTT is not "visible". The only way around this is to use dynamic SQL in the second stored procedure. In this way (using dynamic sql) i can create and use the DGTT across multiple stored procedures. Is there perhaps a way to make DGTT visible across multiple stored procedures using static sq...

DB2 Express-C Global Temporary Table Performance on vista
After I have istalled express version of DB 9.5 on Vista. I create a stored procedure(used global temporary table), When i try to execute this procedure, it's very very slow, even if there is only one row can be fetched. But I try this on XP instead, it's ok. Does it Needs addtional setting for global temporary table on Vista? Thanks in advance. How much RAM is on the machine? Do you think it's possible that it's Vista that is usurping the memory? Larry E. DB2 wrote: > After I have istalled express version of DB 9.5 on Vista. > I create a stored procedure(used global temporary table), > When i try to execute this procedure, it's very very slow, > even if there is only one row can be fetched. > But I try this on XP instead, it's ok. > Does it Needs addtional setting for global temporary table on Vista? > > Thanks in advance. ...

Arrays vs Declared Global Temp Tables for Stored Procs in DB2 9.5
I am using DB2 9.5.5 and cannot migrate to 9.7 anytime soon, so I cannot use Created Global Temporary Tables (CGTT). I am wondering how Arrays are implemented for stored procedures and what the performance is compared to declared global temporary tables (DGTT). In order to improve performance, I want to use arrays instead of a DGTT, but I want to make sure that Arrays are not creating a DGTT under the covers. Assume that Arrays provides me with the functionality I need. On 7/14/2010 12:45 AM, Martin wrote: > I am using DB2 9.5.5 and cannot migrate to 9.7 anytime soon, so I cannot use > Created Global Temporary Tables (CGTT). > > I am wondering how Arrays are implemented for stored procedures and what the > performance is compared to declared global temporary tables (DGTT). In order > to improve performance, I want to use arrays instead of a DGTT, but I want > to make sure that Arrays are not creating a DGTT under the covers. > > Assume that Arrays provides me with the functionality I need. I'm actually preparing a talk on the topic. For now: ARRAYs are a continuous piece of memory allocated on the application heap. At lot less overhead than all the table infrastructure. On the flip side if you have some open-ended and huge arrays paired with many concurrent users... well you do the math. Of course the API for ARRAY (SET, ARRAY_AGG, UNNEST) is fundamentally different from DGTT (UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT, DEC...

load SAS table into DB2 temporary table
Hello, I have a problem with the load DB2. I'm working on MVS system under Z/OS and with DB2. I have to create a DB2 temporary table from a SAS table. I've tried 2 solution, the first work good but it's slow to store the records The second should be very faster but it doesn't work. The 2 solutions : 1. put all the record read from the SAS table into macro-variable then create the DB2 temporary table then do a loop to insert all macro-variable in the DB2 table then do a SQL request to try if the table is loaded ==> this work very good 2. create a SAS t...

Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table
Pascal: Enclose SQL create and delete queries in a SQL EXECUTE() function and pass them through to DB2. Once you have the table created, you can insert rows of data (using BULKLOAD to speed up inserting large numbers of rows). Ask your DB2 DBA about the correct syntax for DB2 temporary table name. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of tonts Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:31 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: load SAS table into DB2 temporary table Lois, Thanks for your answer. But the problem is a little bit different ...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

CURSORS AND manipulating data into a temporary table variable OR global table variable
Help T-SQL Server developer lost trying to implement some simple cursor logic! I need to create a "table object (variable)" OR "TEMP variable" OR "create and drop a table in a procedure" in DB2 to eliminate duplicate records from my query. In the procedure I simply want to insert unique rows into this temporary table ... using a cursor to insert distinct rows by using the (FETCH FIRST 1 ROW ONLY) and (ORDER BY) clauses; into my result set. I know this can be done with a group by but the code gets too messy(and the qery becomes inefficient) (also a temp table would make sense ince the result set is less than a 100 rows out of millions of records), and the data keeps changing so I'm not certain what the distinct field is. Can anyone help with code or pseud-code or link to a good tutorial. I cannot find simple db2 cursor examples or examples on how to create temporary tables or global variables. Please help! My code in T-SQL would look like: ************************************************************************** create procedure returnUniqueMasterRecords as insert into #distinct_Data select * from dbo.Master_SRC_With_Dups where Master_Id in (select Master_Id from dbo.Master_SRC_With_Dups group by Master_Id having count(*) =1) declare @Var_ID varchar(30) DECLARE MasterDup_cursor CURSOR FOR select distinct Master_Id from dbo.Master_SRC_With_Dups where Master_Id in (select Master_Id from dbo.Ma...

Global Temporary Tables
Hi, I am inserting records to a global temporary table(say A) in which a trigger is fired and im getting results from other global tempory tables(say B, C, D,..)... This is my scenario... I am able to fetch the results from the global temporary tables B,C,D,...when inserting directly in the table A from the front end. But I am not able to fetch the results from the global temporary tables B,C,D,...when inserting thru a web service (in dotnet)in the table A from the front end. Can somebody explain the reson for the above and give a solution to fetch the records from the global tempory tables thru webservice..Thanks in advance. ...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger ...

Global Temporary Table
Hello Oraclegurus, I would like to know if i am doing the right thing or not?? I've created a global temporary table "tempcomp". "create global temporary table tempcomp (col1 number,col2 char,col3varchar2)" . I looked into these groups and it was mentioned somewhere that default is "on commit delete rows"... I am assuming that the rows are being deleted after commit and not stored . We have a web application which would be calling a stored procedure which inserts into a global temporary some values we nee...

Global temporary table
Hi all! I dont know how to declare and use a global temporary table in my java stored procedure.... I used these statements: sql="declare global temporary table session.temp(recordinteger,eventtype character(20)) not logged"; Statement st=con.createStatement(); st.execute(sql); For inserting I'm trying to do.. sql="insert into session.temp values(2003,'fatal error'); st.executeUpdate(sql); But its flagging an error.With just the declare statement there is no error.But i read somewhere that a temporary table space needs to be created.I dont kn...

Global Temporary Tables
Each, Am wanting to create a temporary table within a PLSQL package. Have used EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'create global temporary table temp_status........' Problem now is that package wont compile due to insert statements for this table. Compiler has no idea about this temp table or its structure. I take it temporary tables arent designed for this use are am i missing something here? Cheers Roy Munson wrote: > Each, > > Am wanting to create a temporary table within a PLSQL package. Have > used > > EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'create global temporary table temp_status.........

global temporary tables?
In our application we have a table that tracks network sessions. The usage is: 1) create a session record 2) read/update the record several times during the session 3) delete the session record when the session ends Update activity on this table is going to be pretty intense, and the transient nature of the data makes it a good candidate for a temporary and/or in-memory table. Unfortunately, different network connections may be updating the same session record at different times (connection pool), so the CREATE TABLE TEMPORARY doesn't seem to fit the bill, since i...

query sql server/oracle table from Db2 or join db2 table with sqlserver table #2
My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to db2 on the mainframe. TIA Roger Roger wrote: > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. > How can I accomplish this ? Do i need a seperate product ? > I also have license for Db2 v8 connect that I use for connecting to > db2 on the mainframe. You need to look at Websphere Information Integrator along with the relational wrappers for MS SQL server and Oracle. Ian, its a canned CRM application that currently connects to DB2. I cannot run the app on Websphere. A few years could use relational connect and create federated nickname on db2. Can I still do that ? TIA On Apr 27, 6:01 pm, Ian <ianb...@mobileaudio.com> wrote: > Roger wrote: > > My application connects to a DB2 V8.2 EE database running on AIX. I > > need to now lookup a table in SQL SERVER via the DB2 connection. I > > also need to run an sql that joins a DB2 table with an Oracle table. > > How can I accomplish this ? Do i n...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegr...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

oct 24 DB2 for LUW Tech Talk: What's Hot from IOD for PureData Systems, IBM Mobile Database and DB2 for LUW
Now we can tell you more! IBM announced PureData Systems on October 9th --= a series of expert integrated solutions for your transactional and analyti= c workloads.=20 In the next DB2 Tech Talk, we'll come to you from Las Vegas with hot news f= rom the conference from a DB2 for LUW, PureData Systems perspective! We'll= also cover a new free software download called IBM Mobile Database, which = helps you enable your DB2 data apps for Android mobile users. And then we = will bring you the best of the presentations from the conference, including= an IBM Champion and other interesting perspectives on DB2. =20 Register: bit.ly/tt2012oct ...

EXPLAIN and Global Temporary Tables
I have my developers explaining the stored procedures that they write using visual studio. These stored procedures are for DB2 os390. In one case, one of the developers has defined a global temporary table that he uses to put the input parms into and then uses it to join against to create a dataset. When he runs explain (both visual explain, and CA's explain) it chokes on the SESSION.TABLE saying that it doesn't exist. Is there anyway I can have them explain these when they have global temporary tables defined? ...

creating global temporary tables
Can you please advice on how to create global temporary tables in informix 9.1, so that it can be accessed across procedures? Rishi wrote: > Can you please advice on how to create global temporary tables in > informix 9.1, so that it can be accessed across procedures? You should have abandoned IDS 9.1x prior to 2000-01-01. What do you mean by 'across procedures'? Did you read the SQL manual on CREATE TABLE - the section on CREATE TEMP TABLE? The name 'global temporary table' is SQL standard speak and doesn't have a direct counter-part in IDS. IDS temporary tables have to be created in each session that needs them, but they are global in each session. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ may be you want to have a look at create raw table myraw ( a int ) so raw tables; they are not logged. check the manual for it. it may do what you require. Superboer. Jonathan Leffler schreef: > Rishi wrote: > > Can you please advice on how to create global temporary tables in > > informix 9.1, so that it can be accessed across procedures? > > You should have abandoned IDS 9.1x prior to 2000-01-01. > > What do you mean by 'across procedures'? > > Did you read the SQL manual on CREATE TABLE - the section on CREATE TEMP > TABLE? ...

global temporary table disappears??
HP-UX 11.11 Ingres 2.6/0305 I'm using a script that creates several global temporary tables. Among other temporary tables created, part of the process creates one table and then creates a second table from some of the data from the previous one. I then do an update to the second one from the first with some additional data; an exercise in getting a unique set of data :-(. The update to the second table complains with the "tuple at tid already deleted" error. And then the next statement that tries to update a different table from the second table complains that the second table doesn't exist or isn't owned by me. This is all happening in the same session so I can't figure out why the one table keeps disappearing. When it's first declared there is no complaint that it couldn't be created, and in fact returns the n rows message. I understand that global temporary tables will be written to disk if there isn't enough memory to hold them. But if that's what's happening here could there be a timing issue before the disk write completes and the next statement tries to access the data? The thing that led me to using session tables is that I don't need, or want, logging while moving the data. I suppose I could skip session tables and set nologging, and if something errors out it's easy enough to mark the dB consistent and go back to step one :-(. Thanks Dennis d _ roesler ...

Web resources about - Reg: Owner for Declared Global Temporary tables - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Temporary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Report: Facebook To Open Temporary Vancouver Office To Recruit, Train Engineering Talent
Facebook will set up a temporary office in Vancouver , British Columbia, where it will conduct “boot camps” to train recent software engineering ...

Facebook brings post insights back to Pages Manager app after temporary removal
A recent update to Pages Manager for iOS has returned detailed post insights to the product after a version earlier this month was released without ...

App Store - Bridgeway Temporary Housing
Get Bridgeway Temporary Housing on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Temporary public toilets 1 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
These are positioned by the city every year over the canals. They are located on the river bank and are therefore subject to flooding every few ...

人人建築 Architecture for the Mass - 尼泊爾臨時住所原型 Temporary Shelter Prototype in Nepal - YouTube
Charles Lai from Hong Kong and Takehiko Suzuki from Tokyo completed a prototype for a rapid-erected shelter with bamboo structure and other local ...

Temporary speed reduction on Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway - The National
Radars along a stretch of the road will be set at 121kph, down from 141kph, as roadwork is carried out.

Charlotte Pass accept temporary lease extension
Charlotte Pass ski village has accepted a 28-month extension on their existing lease with the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service in a deal ...

Temporary six-lane road to be built for construction of Sydney light rail tunnel
Temporary six-lane road will be built as tunnel is dug for light rail line.

Apple Watch Diary: A (temporary) world without Apple Pay
I said last summer in my Apple Watch Diary series that Apple Pay arriving in the UK was the tipping point for me in transforming the Watch from ...