Setting up a linked server in MS SQL using IBM OLE DB PRovider for DB2

I am using DB2 UDB Application development client v8.2.5. I am trying
to setup a linked server in MS SQL Enterprise Manager using the IBM OLE
DB Provider for DB2 to connect to databases on DB2 for z/OS v7 and v8.

The connection string I used is   Provider=IBMDADB2;Data Source=xxxx
 and location      C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN.

After creating the connection, when I click on the tables/views under
that linked server, I get the following error..

Error 7303: Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB Provider
'IBMDADB2'
OLE DB error trace[OLE/DB provider 'IBMDADB2' IDBInitialize::Initialize
returned 0x8004d01c]

Please help.

0
sriharim

What's the DB2 connection string wihout DSN when use IBM DB2 OLE PROVIDER in windows environment?
What's the DB2 connection string wihout DSN when use IBM DB2 OLE PROVIDER in windows environment, such as ADO or Creation of Linked Server in MS SQL Server ? I searched for a long time to look for a connection string wihout DSN using IBM DB2 OLE PROVIDER in windows environment, but unfortunately, I found none. The DB2 connection string in http://www.connectionstring.com/ is wrong: Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=sample;HOSTNAME=db2host;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;PORT=50000;uid=myUserName;pwd=myPwd; I can't use it when use sp_addlinkedserver (the MS SQL Server Stored Procedure) which needs a connection string to create a linked DB2 server item. The connection string with DSN can work, but I just want a connection string withou DSN, because not every one likes to use DSN. Is it possible? Any hint will be appreciated. Thanks. Regards. Ling, Xiao-li ...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2 17/Sep/2004 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM CD NR 16 297 DW v1.2 DB2 UDB Enterprise Edition V7.2.10a - IBM Tivoli CD NR 16 110 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 16 053 Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 - Peoplesoft [5 CDs] 16 029 Sybase:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-456rm4 Microsoft SQL Server:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-457py4 DB2 UDB for OS/390:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-45auo5 Oracle:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-452o1s Informix:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-453x5w DB2 UDB for Unix, NT:524953-454f57-4e53594-f55123-454yc...

[...]

IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 Codepage error.
We use the IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 to connect to a database on AIX 5.2 from SQL Server Integration Service. But there is some codepage problems. On AIX we use ISO-8859-1, when use DB2 CLP, we should first set DB2CODEPAGE property to 819(using db2set DB2CODEPAGE=819). Our OLE DB Connectionstring is as follows: "Data Source=MIGDB;User ID=fmadmin;Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Persist Security Info=True;Location=;Extended Properties=" We guess some magic properties should be added to the extended properties section, but don't know which one ,we have tried DB2CODEPAGE/IBM CCSID, neither works. Are there any IBM Guys,^_^ Amber wrote: > Are there any IBM Guys,^_^ > There are, but as far as I am concerned I'm codepage illiterate... Cheers Serge -- Serge Rielau DB2 Solutions Development IBM Toronto Lab Serge Rielau Glad to see you again, can you get any from your colleague,^_^. In the Microsoft SSIS forum it seems this is a common problem. Amber wrote: > Serge Rielau > Glad to see you again, can you get any from your colleague,^_^. > In the Microsoft SSIS forum it seems this is a common problem. > Amber, Here is a comment from back-stage: I have not really come across this issue in the past with OLE DB, as most OLE DB apps use the WCHAR type - basically making OLE DB a unicode app. It may be possible that DB2CODEPAGE is messing up OLE DB, somehow causing a (lossy?) conversion to some o...

Read from a MS SQL Server database using OLE DB.
Hello I try to read from a MS SQL Server database using OLE DB. But when the table name is the same as the database name, I get the ERROR: File Q064.AAA97.DATA does not exist. Can anyone tell me how to read a table with the same name as the database. I use this libname. libname x oledb provider=sqloledb properties=("Integrated Security"=SSPI "Data Source"=A64 "Initial Catalog"=AAA97); This do not works. data AAA97; set x.AAA97; run; This works. data tab97; set x.tab97; run; Thanks Stefan ...

how to use ibm ole db provider ???
Hello, I know I've asked this before, but I've been away from this for some time and have forgotten what solved the problem. I want to use the IBM OLE DB provider and connect to a database on a server. When I code the Dim c1 as ADODB.connection "method", I get a compile error. I know I have to do something in the REFERENCES section of the project, but no clear cut library shows up as either the Micr$oft ADO or an IBM OLE DB checkable box. Any suggestions, anyone? Mairhtin O'Feannnag "Mairhtin O'Feannag" <irishboyca@rocketmail....

IBM Sets DB2 Database Free
http://www.linuxtoday.com/it_management/2006013101526NWSV Will UniVerse and UniData follow? Henrry Keultjes hbkeultjesat earthlinkdotnet csigline@hotmail.com wrote: > http://www.linuxtoday.com/it_management/2006013101526NWSV > > Will UniVerse and UniData follow? Good catch, Henry (or is it two r's now-see below). We will have to ask IBM what their intentions are with U2 in light of this, but I suspect that the PE editions will be the extent of the free offering. We shall see. Cheers! --dawn > Henrry Keultjes > hbkeultjesat > earthlinkdotnet Hard to compete when others such as MS SQL and Oracle are offering free versions too. mpizl@yahoo.com wrote: > Hard to compete when others such as MS SQL and Oracle are offering free > versions too. The only one my primary ISP will provide for me is MySQL. I suspect that is true of other ISPs as well. I feel the barometer falling in the database industry. cheers! --dawn do you think we can at least get some stuff for free like pdp.net? What is RD going to do to survive? Cant see too many new people wanting to learn or buy pick. dawn wrote: > mpizl@yahoo.com wrote: > >>Hard to compete when others such as MS SQL and Oracle are offering free >>versions too. > > > The only one my primary ISP will provide for me is MySQL. I suspect > that is true of other ISPs as well. I feel the barometer falling in > the datab...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

hibernate and db2 using com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
I am trying to use hibernate with db2. I have set the hibernate dialect to be DB2Dialect. I am using the com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver make a connection with the database. Database connection details are as follows: jdbc.driverClassName=com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver jdbc.url=jdbc:db2://<host>:50000/<database> I have the db2jcc.jar on my classpath. DB2 v8.2 is running on a Linux box. When i try and save to the database i am getting the following exception back from hibernate/driver org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Hibernate operation: could not insert: [nz.co.vircom.model.WorkOrder]; bad SQL grammar [insert into EMSDATA.MM_MRP_CONNECTIONS (Account_Balance, Address, Charge, Charge_Code, City, Comments, Competed_Date, Contract_A_c, Customer, Date_Due, Date_Due_2, Date_Received, Device_Location, Device_No, Disconnect, Disco_Type_ID, EmailSent, Escalated, ETA_Request_Count, ETA_Time, ICP___1, Installation_number, Invoice_to, Issue_Time, Job_No, Job_SubType, Job_Type_ID, Key, Locality, Meter_Seal_Number, Non_Disco_Type_ID, Period_No, Postal_Cod, Premise, Reade rs__Mesaage, Reading, Reason, Retailer_ID, Service_Provider_ID, Source_Doc_ID, Status_ID, Suburb, Technician_ID, Telephone, Time_mode, Urgency, ID) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, default)]; nested exception is com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SQLException: ACCOUNT_BALANCE c...

Using .NET to access to a IBM DB2 database
Hello I'm trying to connect to a IBM DB2 database with IBMDA400 Provider. I cannot choose the provider, this is the only one I can use. The tables in AS/400 don't have journal and I cannot change this. When I define an ODBC and link tables in ACCESS I can perform every actions. I change the ODBC options to commit data immediately. Using the same ODBC and the same insert statement, when I connect in my C# application using ODBCConnection, I get this error: ERROR [42S22] [IBM][Controlador ODBC do iSeries Access][DB2 UDB]SQL0206 - Column N not in specified tables. What I want is to use a DNS Less situation, and I want to enter in the connection string all the parameters to connect to the AS/400 database. This is my connection string:Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=999.999.999.999; When I put the AutoCommit option in the connection string I get this error: No error message available, result code: DB_E_ERRORSOCCURRED(0x80040E21). I get this message even when the autocommit is 1, 0, true or false and this is the connection string: Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=192.168.192.12;autocommit=0 right now I can perform all the operation with Access database but I can't with my .NET application in C#. anyone can assist me? tkx in advance Paulo Aboim Pinto Esqueleto wrote: > ERROR [42S22] [IBM][Controlador ODBC do iSeries Access][DB2 > UDB]SQL0206 - Column N not in specified tables. Are you submitting a query with a VARIA...

How to convert MS SQL SPs to IBM DB2?
What is the best way to convert Microsft SQL 2000 SPs to DB2 8.2? Do you know of any conversion tools (whether free tools or not), articles, books that would give me information on this? Thank you "serge" <sergea@nospam.ehmail.com> wrote in message news:lSm%d.997$nK.194408@news20.bellglobal.com... > What is the best way to convert Microsft SQL 2000 SPs to DB2 8.2? > > Do you know of any conversion tools (whether free tools or not), articles, > books that would > give me information on this? > > Thank you > There is migration too...

how to use db2 connect server as a gateway to connect to mainframe db2 database
we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. i installed db2 v9 connect server on one windows server which is locating the same network with database server. now how to i configure the connect server and client, so client could access the database through the connect server? like that: db2client <--> db2 connect server <--> db2 mainframe database IBM keeps talking about this structure but never mention about the configuration in all the manuals.:( thanks for help! jeffhan wrote: > we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. > i installed db2 v9 connect server on one windows server which is > locating the same network with database server. > > now how to i configure the connect server and client, so client could > access the database through the connect server? > > like that: > > db2client <--> db2 connect server <--> db2 mainframe database > > IBM keeps talking about this structure but never mention about the > configuration in all the manuals.:( > > thanks for help! Info-center: - "DB2 Connect server products: installation and configuration overview": http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc/doc/c0008452.htm - "Preparing DB2 Universal Database for iSeries for connections from DB2 Connect": http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc/doc/t0008234.htm - &qu...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N communication error on DB2/POrtal on AIX
Hi, I have installed WebSphere Portal on AIX and connected to DB2 on a remote machine, Getting the followin errors when trying to get the values from database thru applications installed on Portal. Any Help Appreciated. Thanks in advance. Praveen Singh IBM Workplace, India COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "9.33.12.221". Communication function detectin...

Copy database from AS/400 DB2 TO MS SQL Server
I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. <ramkumar.nv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143785543.497908.302390@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have created a database in AS/400 DB2 . I want to copy the database > to MS SQL Server 2000. Can anyone help. Database contains 250 tables > and 23 GB Data. Data is critical. > Generate a build script for the database using op manager. Don't use the DB2 extensions - just plain ANSI. Then, wit...

Hibernate 3.1 and db2 connecting using com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
I am trying to use hibernate with db2. I have set the hibernate dialect to be DB2Dialect. I am using the com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver make a connection with the database. Database connection details are as follows: jdbc.driverClassName=com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver jdbc.url=jdbc:db2://<host>:50000/<database> I have the db2jcc.jar on my classpath. DB2 v8.2 is running on a Linux box. When i try and save to the database i am getting the following exception back from hibernate/driver org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: Hibernate operation: could not insert: [nz.co.vircom.mode...

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 L System. Our DB Server had IP of "100.101.102.103" and our Tomcat Application Server (IP of 200.201.202.203) used to talk to above DB onn Port 1521. The syste
I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 L System. Our DB Server had IP of "100.101.102.103" and our Tomcat Application Server (IP of 200.201.202.203) used to talk to above DB onn Port 1521. The system was working great for 6 months or so. Then we changed our Netwok Locations of these Boxes and now both of them have different IP. DB IP: 1.2.3.4 App IP: 50.51.52.53 (Note above IP are hypothetically for example) But now when I run my DB and LSNRCTL, I am surprised that it is still listeneing on my old IP: -------------------------------------------------------------------- Started with pid=483502 Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=100.101.102.103)(PORT=1521))) Listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=EXTPROC))) -------------------------------------------------------------------- And so my Application fails to connect to the DB. I tried configuring my LISTENER (using netmgr/netca and even manually editing listener.ora file) I changed all my CONFIGURATION Files (server.xml, tnsnames.ora, listener.ora etc etc etc....) Did I miss any other file to tell Oracle that my NEW IP is 1.2.3.4? Can anyone help me on this solution? Any related information is appreciated. THANKS! Hari Om wrote: > I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 L System. Our DB Server had > IP of "100.101.102.103" and our Tomcat Application Server (IP of > 200.201.202.203) used to talk to above DB onn Port...

Transferring Data from Sql Server 2000 to IBM db2 udb
Hi all I'm trying to transfer data from sqlserver 2000 to ibm db2 AIX 8.1.4 using dts packages This works when I use db2 ole db drivers but the problem is that the transfer is very slow as the rows are committed 1 by 1. I want to use th odbc driver but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone experienced this? any ideas to speed up the transfer or use odbc driver instead of ole db ? Thanks Lyn Turn off autocommit by calling the StartTransaction method. ODBC may be faster, but given the need to move data across the network from Windows to AIX, I suspect that any perform...

Does anyone use IBM.Data.DB2.ISeries(.net provider)?
My question is can this .net provider support multi-statement update(batch update)? I tried with the beta .net provider,the answer was not. And my statement is update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; It return the error message indicated that ";" was not allowed. And the SqlClient OracleClient support this; the SqlClient is: update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; the oracleClient is : Begin update tablea set xxxx where xxx ; update tableb set xxx where xxx; End wildfish wrote: > My question is can this .n...

Web resources about - Setting up a linked server in MS SQL using IBM OLE DB PRovider for DB2 - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Commerce Provider Payvment Launches Weekly Deals
Facebook commerce provider Payvment announced the rollout of a new weekly deals feature that allows sellers to feature three deals per week on ...

Queenslanders reluctant to switch electricity providers: survey
... high prices, we aren't switching to better deals, survey shows. Queenslanders are among the least likely to switch their electricity providers ...

Queenslanders reluctant to switch electricity providers: survey
... help lower prices. A Canstar Blue survey of 1000 Queensland electricity bill-payers found just 29 per cent had switched electricity providers ...

Alaska Senate passes bill blocking 'abortion providers' from schools - Alaska Dispatch News
The Alaska Senate on Friday passed a controversial bill barring any "abortion services providers" from contracting with Alaska schools for any ...

Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers ...
Al-Bawaba Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers run network ... Al-Bawaba ...

Cloud storage providers could be breaching the Consumer Rights’ Act
... an investigation into whether cloud storage users are paying the right amount for their data storage service amidst concerns that cloud providers ...

Cisco to Buy Cloud Management Provider Cliqr for $260 Million
Cisco Systems Inc., the largest maker of networking equipment, said it will acquire closely held Cliqr Technologies Inc., bolstering its offerings ...

RR Media to Merge with SES Platform Services, Creating a World-Leading Global Media Solutions Provider ...
RR MEDIA TO MERGE WITH SES PLATFORM SERVICES, CREATING A WORLD-LEADING GLOBAL MEDIA SOLUTIONS PROVIDER