store procedure error

Hi,

i am getting error while executing the store procedure

db2 "CALL CRS.UPDATE_DEAD_RECORD2(')"
SQL0444N  Routine "*_RECORD2" (specific name "SQL080221165103852") is
implemented with code in library or path
"...tine/sqlproc/NDB_PROD/CRS/P6510378", function "*" which cannot be
accessed.  Reason code: "4".  SQLSTATE=42724

has anyone got this error ??

Regards
Ramchandra
0
Ramchandra

Ramchandra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am getting error while executing the store procedure
>
> db2 "CALL CRS.UPDATE_DEAD_RECORD2(')"
> SQL0444N  Routine "*_RECORD2" (specific name "SQL080221165103852") is
> implemented with code in library or path
> "...tine/sqlproc/NDB_PROD/CRS/P6510378", function "*" which cannot be
> accessed.  Reason code: "4".  SQLSTATE=42724
>
> has anyone got this error ??
That's odd. Which version of DB2 is this?

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
On Jul 9, 6:57=A0pm, Serge Rielau <srie...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> Ramchandra wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > i am getting error while executing the store procedure
>
> > db2 "CALL CRS.UPDATE_DEAD_RECORD2(')"
> > SQL0444N =A0Routine "*_RECORD2" (specific name "SQL080221165103852") is
> > implemented with code in library or path
> > "...tine/sqlproc/NDB_PROD/CRS/P6510378", function "*" which cannot be
> > accessed. =A0Reason code: "4". =A0SQLSTATE=3D42724
>
> > has anyone got this error ??
>
> That's odd. Which version of DB2 is this?
>
> --
> Serge Rielau
> DB2 Solutions Development
> IBM Toronto Lab

db2 v8.2 fp16

i have solved this by droping the procedure and creating it again.
0
Ramchandra

Stored procedure in database X, executes stored procedure in database Y, wrapped in transaction?
Is it possible to execute a stored procedure in one database, which then itself executes a stored procedure from another database? We have decide to split our data into a tree structure (DB1) and data blobs (DB2) (we are using MSDE and we have a 2gb limit with each DB so we've done it this way for that reason). I would like to, say, execute a stored procedure in DB1, passing in the data blob and other details, DB1 will create a tree node in DB1 and then add the blob record to DB2. DB1 will wrap in a transaction of course, as will DB2 when it adds the blob. Is this possible? [poste...

Errors in stored procedure in db2
Hi all, I am writing a Stord proc in db2 in which I am querying(select query) a table in the database and picking 2 values.These 2 values are inputs to the next select query and so on.Totally I have to fire 5 queries and finally all the required fields are populated in a Temporary table. Please let me know whats the best option to do this.I have tried to implement it using nested cursors but its giving errors.Please let me know how to using Loops(Fetch loop,While,For etc) in stored proc and how to break out of a loop.Also I want to know how to use the IF ELSE condition in stored proc. Hi , If you have Linux or Unix Versoin of DB2 see <home>/sqllib/samples/sqlproc this folder has the SQL stored procedure samples If you have windows the default path for the samples are C:\program files\IBM\SQLLIB\Samples\sqlproc It has samples for SQL stored procedure. ...

DB2 COBOL stored procedure to UDB SQL stored procedure
I have been given the task of taking a 3,200 line COBOL stored procedure and duplicating the same functionality in UDB 7.2 on the Windows platform with a procedural SQL stored procedure. I have fiddled with procedural SQL stored procs on UDB, but mostly short,trivial ones. Looking for good advice, links, etc. on the best approach to this. There doesn't seem to be the concept of subroutines within a stored proc, so I am guessing one main stored proc that may be calling multiple smaller stored procs? Just found out about this need late this afternoon and wondering what the best approach is to doing such a task. Any and all ideas most welcome. thanks, fv <PJackson@txfb-ins.com> wrote in message news:1175743257.812351.234300@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have been given the task of taking a 3,200 line COBOL stored > procedure and duplicating the same functionality in UDB 7.2 on the > Windows platform with a procedural SQL stored procedure. I have > fiddled with procedural SQL stored procs on UDB, but mostly > short,trivial ones. Looking for good advice, links, etc. on the best > approach to this. There doesn't seem to be the concept of subroutines > within a stored proc, so I am guessing one main stored proc that may > be calling multiple smaller stored procs? Just found out about this > need late this afternoon and wondering what the best approach is to > doing such a task. > > Any...

Calling Stored Procedure remotely from other stored procedure (DB2 9.7 LUW)
Hello db2-experts, I'm planning an asynchronous application driven data replication. Therefor I want to call a stored procedure in database "x" on machine "b" from a stored procedure in database "y" on machine "a". Any ideas out there how to do it ? I found nothing appropriate in the manuals or examples. TIA Frank On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:37:33 PM UTC+2, Frank Mickler wrote: > Hello db2-experts, > > > > I'm planning an asynchronous application driven data replication. > > Therefor I want to call a stored procedure in database "x" on machine > > "b" from a stored procedure in database "y" on machine "a". > > > > Any ideas out there how to do it ? > > > > I found nothing appropriate in the manuals or examples. > > > > TIA > > Frank Did you consider SQL Replication or Q Replication? They're very appropriate in this scenario(async)... On Sep 5, 3:56=A0am, Luiz da Silva <luiz...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:37:33 PM UTC+2, Frank Mickler wrote: > > Hello db2-experts, > > > I'm planning an asynchronous application driven data replication. > > > Therefor I want to call a stored procedure in database "x" on machine > > > "b" from a stored procedure in database &...

SQL Stored Procedures X Java Stored Procedures in DB2 8.2
Hi All, We are starting a large data warehousing project using DB2 8.2 on AIX. There is a direction to move any new internal development to Java and a question was raised: Would it be a good idea to have all stored procedures that we might need (ETL, additional transformers, etc) for this project and any other project written in Java as opposed to SQL/P? Does anyone have any number or experience in terms of performance differences? Regards, Rafael Faria Rafael Faria wrote: > Hi All, > > We are starting a large data warehousing project using DB2 8.2 on AIX. >...

db2 store procedure compile error SQL1086C
DB2 stored procedure compile error DB2 Version 7.2 + FixPak 6, Solaris 8 + Workshop CC compiler When I compile a simplest store procedure ( in stored procedure only contain one create table SQL statment), got the error message: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN] SQL1086C Anoperating system error " Precompilation/Compilation error " occurred. Check the log file, it show the following contents: *** BIND /export/home/db2inst1/sqllib/function/routine/sqlproc/SAMPLE/DB2INS01/tmp/P1 348810.sqc *** SQL1086C An operating system error "" occurred. Where can I check ...

COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N communication error on DB2/POrtal on AIX
Hi, I have installed WebSphere Portal on AIX and connected to DB2 on a remote machine, Getting the followin errors when trying to get the values from database thru applications installed on Portal. Any Help Appreciated. Thanks in advance. Praveen Singh IBM Workplace, India COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "9.33.12.221". Communication function detectin...

Stored procedure from stored procedure
Is it possible to create a stored procedure from a stored procedure? When I attempt this inanity, it doesn't blow up until syntax error at the first "end procedure" statement of the SP I'm trying to create within the outer SP. Can this be done? Using IDS 7.31-UC4 on Solaris 2.7/Intel (don't ask). On 24 Sep 2003 11:47:09 -0700, red_valsen@yahoo.com (Red Valsen) wrote: >Is it possible to create a stored procedure from a stored procedure? >When I attempt this inanity, it doesn't blow up until syntax error at >the first "end procedure" statement of the SP I'm trying to create >within the outer SP. Can this be done? > >Using IDS 7.31-UC4 on Solaris 2.7/Intel (don't ask). Write it out to flatfile and execute the create from command line using dbaccess??? John Carlson wrote: > On 24 Sep 2003 11:47:09 -0700, red_valsen@yahoo.com (Red Valsen) > wrote: > > >>Is it possible to create a stored procedure from a stored procedure? >>When I attempt this inanity, it doesn't blow up until syntax error at >>the first "end procedure" statement of the SP I'm trying to create >>within the outer SP. Can this be done? >> >>Using IDS 7.31-UC4 on Solaris 2.7/Intel (don't ask). > > > Write it out to flatfile and execute the create from command line > using dbaccess??? As John said, somewhat obliquely, there is...

Cannot run COBOL stored procedure on DB2
Hello I'm trying to run simple stored procedure written in COBOL on DB2. However I have no idea how to force it to work... :) Procedure code is as follows (file HELLO.cob): IDENTIFICATION DIVISION. PROGRAM-ID. HELLO. ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. DATA DIVISION. PROCEDURE DIVISION. DISPLAY "Hello, World!". STOP RUN. File has been compiled to executable, static library and shared library with TinyCOBOL compiler -> results are accordingly HELLO, HELLO.a, HELLO.so. All of these files have been put to directory /home/db2inst1/sqllib/ function and their privileges have been changed to 777. I tried to create stored procedure using these files in several ways like this: CREATE PROCEDURE PROCEDURE () EXTERNAL NAME 'HELLO' EXTERNAL NAME 'HELLO!HELLO' EXTERNAL NAME '/home/db2inst/sqllib/function/HELLO.so' EXTERNAL NAME '/home/db2inst/sqllib/function/HELLO.so!HELLO' LANGUAGE COBOL PARAMETER STYLE SQL But when I try to call procedure from DB2 I always get something like this: Routine "PROCEDURE" (specific name "SQL090630090438500") is implemented with code in library or path ".../sqllib/function/HELLO", function ".../sqllib/function/HELLO" which cannot be accessed. Reason code: "4".. SQLCODE=-444, SQLSTATE=42724, DRIVER=4.7.89 Routine "PROCEDURE" (specific name "SQL090630091203800") is implemented wi...

Stored Procedures error SQL0440N on db2 8.1 fp5
All, we are trying to create and execute our stored procs on db2 ver 8.1 fp5. This is a new database that we setup and are having some trouble. When I try and run the stored proc from the db2 command line, I get the following error: SQL0440N No authorized routine named "XXX" of type "PROCEDURE" having compatible arguments was found. SQLSTATE=42884 When the application (java) tries to execute the sp. we see the following error: com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.....SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -444, SQLSTATE: 42724, SQLERRMC: We have checked to make sure that: ...

SQLSTATE=HY010 Function Sequence Error- Java Stored Procedures
We are using Java Stored Procs to pull data from application DB2 tables and the final output is written to a file. Stored Procs are structured as mentioned below: There is a driver table from which records are extracted and then for each of this record,subsequently, few other transaction tables are queried and finally the record is written to a text file. The result from the driver table is fetched into a ResultSet and we loop through it to fetch corresponding details from other tables. There are some stored procs where in I have to loop through multiple Result sets: for e...

Convert SAP Oracle Database to IBM DB2 Database??
Hello, I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle database to IBM DB2 database? Did you realize greater disk saving via DB2 compression? Did you run the latest version of DB2 rather than allow SAP to keep your Oracle version back-leveled? Please, DB2 Bashers need not apply, looking for the business case anyone used to convert to DB2. Thank you. Charles On 6 Feb, 01:52, "Charles Davis" <cdavis10...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to hear from anyone here who has converted their SAP Oracle > database to IBM DB2 d...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Folks, I'm trying to define a (I thought) trivial stored procedure (SP) as a front-end to the standard SP "dbms_system.set_ev", which I want to use to generate a 10046 tracing event. I'm trying to execute the following PL/SQL: create or replace procedure rob_enable_tracing ( sid in integer, serial in integer ) is begin dbms_system.set_ev(sid, serial, 10046, 4, ''); end; and getting the error: PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_EV' must be declared If I provide the schema in which "set_ev" is defined, in this case "SYS", as in: create or replace procedure rob_enable_tracing ( sid in integer, serial in integer ) is begin sys.dbms_system.set_ev(sid, serial, 10046, 4, ''); end; I get: PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.DBMS_SYSTEM' must be declared Any suggestions? thanks, RU On May 10, 1:25 pm, RU <r...@vakuum.de> wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I'm trying to define a (I thought) trivial stored procedure (SP) as > a front-end to the standard SP "dbms_system.set_ev", > which I want to use to generate a 10046 tracing event. I'm trying > to execute the following PL/SQL: > > create or replace procedure rob_enable_tracing ( > sid in integer, > serial in integer > ) > is > begin > dbms_system.set_ev(sid, serial, 10046,...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on > Linux machine. > It's imposiblle. The IBM DB2 ODBC Driver is not only db2cli.dll. Try to install DB2 Run Time Client Lite merge modules with your VB application under client workstation. Direct connecting to DB2 databases supported JDBC Type 4 Driver only. P.S. Sorry for my bad english :( With best regards, Dmitry. FYI: On Windows DB2 comes with db2iprune tool. With this utility you can reduce size of installation binaries, for example you can reduce your DB2 runtime client to include only the interfaces you need. The db2iprune tool is located in the \db2\windows\utilities\db2iprune directory on DB2 product installation image. So, if you are planning install DB2 client with/within your application you can combine the tool with the response file and perform quick batch installation. -- Artur Wronski ...

Trigger: To fill another Database with using Stored Procedures of the other Database
Hello everyone, I face currently a problem where I could need some input for searching the source of the Problem System: SQL Server 9.0 I fill from Database A with triggers Database B, everything works fine. On Database B there is a Stored Procedures that checks the records and add additional information accordingly, this Stored Procedures is normally called by the application on "update and insert" in the according table. When I try to call this Stored Procedures from the Database A, the trigger does not work anymore, even if I do a try catch over the whole trigger, he never rea...

Storing all stored procedures in one database to minimize different connection strings
In order to minimize the number of connection strings I have to use to access different databases on the same Sql Server, I was considering storing all stored procedures in just one database. I want to do this because connection pooling in my application - ASP.NET is based on this connection string. So if I need to access 6 different databases on one sql server & set 6 different connection strings, I end up creating 6 different connection pools. Other than it might create more management work for the DBA, are there any performance implications with implementing this scheme? Do stored p...

ERROR: CLI describe error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUXX8664]
I am kind of stuck to this... Has anyone experienced this previously.... Following is my code... PROC SQL; CONNECT TO DB2(DB=DOACD011 SCHEMA='MEMBER' USER=&UID PASSWORD=&PWD); CREATE TABLE ODS_ALL_RECORDS AS SELECT * FROM CONNECTION TO DB2 ( SELECT A.SUTL_RGTR_ID ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TYP_CDE ,A.SUTL_RGTR_TITL_NM ,A.CRCT_IND ,CASE A.SUTL_RGTR_STS_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS RSDT ,CASE A.STRG_ANN_INCM_DT WHEN '0001-01-01' THEN '1' END AS AIDT ,CASE A.STRG_NET_WRT...

Calling a stored procedure from another stored procedure...
Goodmorning, I'm quite new to PostgreSQL, started off with version 8.0 some time ago. Recently I've begun working with stored procedures and now I've come accross a little problem / issue I can't seem to figure out. A quick overview of the situation: I have one stored procedure with returns a SET OF a new (record) type I've declared. For example: mytype index INTEGER; description VARCHAR; cost FLOAT; function calculate_cost(...): returns set of mytype; This stored procedure works without a problem. I can just do a &quo...

DB2 Stored procedure
Hello, I wonder how to run the CLP export/import commands (or any CLP command) from within a stored procedure in DB2. I am attempting to programatically import a flatfile into the database using java without resorting to executing system commands from java. It would be more convenient to use a stored procedure from within DB2 instead, is it possible? If so, how? We are running DB2 8.1. Best regards, Mach ...

DB2 stored procedures
Hi all, How do we run stored procedures in DB2/UDB in a mainframe environment? what are the steps necessary to do so? Thanks, kallis. You are asking a very general question ... there are many types of stored procs. Please be more specific and perhaps someone can help you. Larry Edelstein kallis@volcanomail.com wrote: > Hi all, > How do we run stored procedures in DB2/UDB in a mainframe environment? > what are the steps necessary to do so? > Thanks, > kallis. > ...

Db2 procedure error
Hi Folks , I am few days old to the world of DB2 and right now i am stuck into a problem that seems to be getting difficult for me. Please have alook into this and provide me some help. Below is one such procedure that i have written , pads@disrs16:/home/pads/temp>db2 -td@ -vf proc2.db2 CREATE PROCEDURE new_procedure1 () LANGUAGE SQL BEGIN DECLARE va_datbi VARCHAR(8); DECLARE va_datab VARCHAR(8); DECLARE vh_datbi VARCHAR(8); DECLARE vh_datab VARCHAR(8); DECLARE new_cursor cursor for SELECT A.datbi Adatbi , A.datab Adatab , H....

stored procedure error
I'm trying to call a ms sqlserver stored procedure in vb that takes in a varchar input parameter. here's the vb code: Dim connection As ADODB.connection Dim command As ADODB.command Dim user As String user = "john_smith" Set connection = New ADODB.connection Set command = New ADODB.command connection.Open "DSN=my_dsn;UID=someuser;PWD=somepassword;DATABASE=my_db" Set command.ActiveConnection = connection command.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc command.CommandText = "user_save" comman...

Error in store procedure
Hi I've the following SP: ----------- CREATE PROCEDURE spServicios @numero int, @maxdif int, @resultado int OUTPUT AS BEGIN SET ROWCOUNT 1 UPDATE control SET registro = getdate() WHERE (fecha >= getdate() AND fecha < dateadd(mi, @maxdif, getdate()) AND clientes_codigo IN (SELECT clientes_codigo FROM telefonos WHERE numero = @numero) SELECT @resultado = @@rowcount SET ROWCOUNT 0 END SELECT @resultado ------------ But when I try to compile I get the message: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'S...

Errors in stored procedure
Hi, I can not get any error from a stored procedure, it seem the execution was succeful even if there was primary key violations, unknow foreign key or RAISERROR. Have you same hints for me? Thanks in advance. This is a code snippet: oCmd :=AdoCommand{} oCmd:ActiveConnection:= self:oConnection oPars := oCmd:PARAMETERS_ oCmd:CommandText := "myProc" oCmd:CommandType := AdCmdStoredProc oPars := oCmd:PARAMETERS_ oPars:Item("@iMyPar1"):VALUE:=iMyPar1 oPars:Item("@iMyPar2"):VALUE:=iMyPar2 oCmd:Execute(nil,nil,nil) ...

Web resources about - store procedure error - comp.databases.ibm-db2

Eye tattoos: Tattooist Luna Cobra defends practice following calls to ban procedure
IT SOUNDS like the really gross scene in a horror movie.

Survivors of female genital mutilation outraged by 'compromise' which could legalise procedure
Survivors of female genital mutilation are fighting back against a so-called compromise, which could let a modified form of the procedure continue. ...

Doctors Perform Medical Procedure On Wrong Newborn
The procedure was meant for another child.

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

Butt procedures, male breast reduction growing slices of plastic surgery
Every 30 min of 2015, a rump was remodeled. Men had 40% of all breast reductions.

"Gynecologists Kavita Shah Arora and Allan Jacobs said procedures that slightly changed the look of a ...
"... were comparable to male circumcision or cosmetic procedures in Western countries like labiaplasty. Laws against mild modifications were ...

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

Rescued tiger cub "Himmel" dies during medical procedure - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station ...
Alpine animal rescue sanctuary Lions, Tigers & Bears is sadly reporting Himmel, the tiger cub found roaming the streets of Hemet and rescued ...

Catholic hospital allowed to deny sterilization procedure, judge says
Hospital in California argued that the procedure known as ‚Äčtubal ligation would violate its religious freedom