[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch

I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4

I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but
I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message
"[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch"

I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any
matching pairs.

Can somebody help.

XP client and Linux server

0
bobkot

--=_alternative 0046812965257177_=

I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have
fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct
database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the
(default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the
database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your
connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the
corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of
ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take
care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database
(through DSN).

Thanks & Regards
-Shesh

bobkot@gmail.com
Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org
05/23/2006 05:58 PM

informix-list@iiug.org
cc

Subject
[...]

(through DSN).</font>
-Shesh<br>
locale information mismatch</font></table>
I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but<br>
I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message<br>
&quot;[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch&quot;<br>
I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any<br>
matching pairs.<br>
Can somebody help.<br>
XP client and Linux server<br>
--=_alternative 0046812965257177_=--
0
Sheshnarayan
5/23/2006 12:54:52 PM
Try unchecking the "Use Server Database Locale" in the environment tab
of the ODBC setup dialog on the windows side.  We saw the exact same
problem with IDS 10 when we first brought it in house.

Hope this helps.

--
Chris

bobkot@gmail.com wrote:
> I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4
>
> I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but
> I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message
> "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch"
>
> I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any
> matching pairs.
>
> Can somebody help.
>
> XP client and Linux server

0
Chris

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Desc:[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure.
This is ids 9.4 TC2 on Windows 2000. The ODBC driver is 3.82 What usually causes this? [Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure. Src:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Info:Unspecified error Message: The program was doing an update on a few rows of one table. sending to informix-list ...

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
I have this tables: create table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements ( menuid NVARCHAR(128) not null, caption NVARCHAR(255), type NCHAR(1), address NCHAR(2048) ) extent size 32 next size 32 lock mode row; alter table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements add constraint primary key (menuid) constraint pk_corporatemen269; from .net with odbc data provider i try: String sql =3D "INSERT INTO CorporateMenuElements (MenuId, Caption, Type, Address) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"; DbCommand cmd =3D DB.GetSqlStringCommand(sql); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "MenuId", DbType.String, menuId); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Caption", DbType.String, caption); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Type", DbType.String, type); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Address", DbType.String, address); Int32 mustBeOne =3D DB.ExecuteNonQuery(cmd); I get: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException was unhandled Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en Sys...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load translation DLL
Mi ambiente IDS 7.30.UC2 SCO Unix 5.0.4 WIN 98se Informix cliente-SDK 2.81 Ya tengo configurado con el setnet, probando con el ILogin, si funciona, se conecta. Lo que no funciona es cuando creo mi propio DNS de usuario, al probar la coneccion me sale este error. Igual no me funciona desde Excel o desde Visual Basic. Sera: Environment el Cliente Locale Data base Locale ??? Gracias de antemano Luis Camacho. ...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

.NET TransactionScope -> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
Hi using Microsoft Enterprise Library Data access App Block i have this code using (TransactionScope scope =3D new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { Database db1 =3D new GenericDatabase( ConnStringBuilder.ConnString, OdbcFactory.Instance); String sql1 =3D "insert into test_text values (51, 'holas1')"; db1.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType.Text, sql1); scope.Complete(); } The ExecuteNonQuery causes this exception: No se control=F3 System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.TransactionScopeConnections.GetCo= nnection(Database db) en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnect...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database
Hi, I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e. 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login AND 1162373168 would be 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout) Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you do a small stored procedure, I guess it's doable. It would be something like: select myfunc(date_col) from... my 2 cents... jgp > -----Original Message----- > From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list- > bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of jahillia@yahoo.com > Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 21:51 > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database > > Hi, > I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya > (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a > call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that > I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e. > 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login AND 1162373168 would be > 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout) > > Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture poin...

specify port no to connect informix database through ODBC
Hi, I'm developing a socket program to connect to Informix database through the ODBC. In here i called my socket program as "tap" . My tap will listen for data from unix through port 1070. After checking of the data, tap will then insert the data to the informix database. I know we can point the tap to one specified port in Informix database through the services file. My question is how should i know to which port my tap program send out to the informix database or should i ask how should i specify one port to connect to the informix and lock that port from other process...

Specify port no to connect to Informix Database through ODBC
Hi, I'm developing a socket program to connect to Informix database through the ODBC. In here i called my socket program as "tap" . My tap will listen for data from unix through port 1070. After checking of the data, tap will then insert the data to the informix database. I know we can point the tap to one specified port in Informix database through the services file. My question is how should i know to which port my tap program send out to the informix database or should i ask how should i specify one port to connect to the informix and lock that port from other process to use i...

VB & Odbc link to Informix Database
I'm a bit of a newbie to ODBC, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the following things mean which are on the driver tab of the ODBC administration box, as when doing a Select statement on a table from mor then one PC using my VB application, things will be fine for a while, but then the application will lock up on all the PCs, as though there is a problem with the record locking. I'm wondering if I change any of the things below if that would help ? Keep Alive Timeout 3600 Row Cache Size 32 Column Block Size 2000 Thanks for a...

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales
Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-) No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out. DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off apparently...."). Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple. Mark Scranton Informix 1995-2006 Double Echo wrote: > Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions......

Informix 7.25 UC4 German Locales ODBC Driver

Web resources about - [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.