[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]

I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc
transaction in my C# code. then the error occured.

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not
available.

pls help me, How can i solve this problem?
is it needed to especial setting in the informix db?

0
Mahta

thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log
and the problem 's solved.

Mahta

0
Mahta
1/1/2007 10:42:14 AM
On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc
> transaction in my C# code. then the error occured.
>
> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not
> available.
>
> pls help me, How can i solve this problem?
> is it needed to especial setting in the informix db?

Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not
recommended, but possible.  It appears that your database is one such
- so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that.

Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the
database.  For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar).

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com
Jonathan

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
I have this tables: create table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements ( menuid NVARCHAR(128) not null, caption NVARCHAR(255), type NCHAR(1), address NCHAR(2048) ) extent size 32 next size 32 lock mode row; alter table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements add constraint primary key (menuid) constraint pk_corporatemen269; from .net with odbc data provider i try: String sql =3D "INSERT INTO CorporateMenuElements (MenuId, Caption, Type, Address) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"; DbCommand cmd =3D DB.GetSqlStringCommand(sql); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "MenuId", DbType.String, menuId); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Caption", DbType.String, caption); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Type", DbType.String, type); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Address", DbType.String, address); Int32 mustBeOne =3D DB.ExecuteNonQuery(cmd); I get: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException was unhandled Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en Sys...

.NET TransactionScope -> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
Hi using Microsoft Enterprise Library Data access App Block i have this code using (TransactionScope scope =3D new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { Database db1 =3D new GenericDatabase( ConnStringBuilder.ConnString, OdbcFactory.Instance); String sql1 =3D "insert into test_text values (51, 'holas1')"; db1.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType.Text, sql1); scope.Complete(); } The ExecuteNonQuery causes this exception: No se control=F3 System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.TransactionScopeConnections.GetCo= nnection(Database db) en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnect...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load translation DLL
Mi ambiente IDS 7.30.UC2 SCO Unix 5.0.4 WIN 98se Informix cliente-SDK 2.81 Ya tengo configurado con el setnet, probando con el ILogin, si funciona, se conecta. Lo que no funciona es cuando creo mi propio DNS de usuario, al probar la coneccion me sale este error. Igual no me funciona desde Excel o desde Visual Basic. Sera: Environment el Cliente Locale Data base Locale ??? Gracias de antemano Luis Camacho. ...

Desc:[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure.
This is ids 9.4 TC2 on Windows 2000. The ODBC driver is 3.82 What usually causes this? [Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure. Src:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Info:Unspecified error Message: The program was doing an update on a few rows of one table. sending to informix-list ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales
Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-) No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she was product manager. They both were vetoed by the Preside...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Informix
About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix Regards, Chavan Koya Someone needs to review the security as it appears to have been deleted by the time I got there:-)) Chavan Koya wrote: > > About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix > > Regards, > Chavan Koya -- Paul Watson # Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory Tel: +44 1436 672201 # Growing up is optional Fax: +44 1436 678693 # Mob: +44 7818 003457 # www.oninit.com # Paul Watson wrote: > Someone needs to ...

Informix
I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has anyone done this, or have any advice on how to proceed? -- Richard Seeder AApex Information Systems Richard, I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls made by sqlexecd. I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO, TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc. A bug has raised against ...

Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day
Informix Tech Day Tuesday, November 9, 2010 Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day - A FREE event for Informix Users * Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:00am to 5:00pm * Location: Crowne Plaza National Airport 1480 Crystal Drive Arlington, VA 22202 * (Near the Crystal City Metro) Save the day and join us for an exciting live demo and technical look under the covers of the newest and latest Informix technology . More information will be coming here soon! Details will be announce after the official release of the next version of Informix. Agenda: ...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). ...

Informix User Forum 2006 - 2 day Informix Technical Conference for Users by Informix Users
A two-day Informix User Group Technical Conference - Friday and Saturday, December 8-9, 2006 The Washington Area Informix User Group (WAIUG) based in Washington, DC, and the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, are teaming up once again to present Informix User Forum 2006. This will be the premiere Informix regional user group technical conference in the world. This is a user conference planned and run by Informix users for Informix users. I have been putting together the Washington Area Informix Users Group Forums since 1994 and last year's was the best event we have done to date. We had over 170 participants from 8 countries and 30 states in the US. There were 14 sponsors with products for the Informix user community. There were 32 technical presentations, by speakers who are Informix developers from IBM and DBA users from around the world. The message was very clear from IBM that Informix is a critical product and will continue to have a great future. The message from the users attending was also very clear, no other product does the job of Informix and we are loyal to what works. To view the results and presentations for last year's forum visit: http://www.iiug.org/waiug/present/Forum2005/Forum2005.html This years Forum looks to be even better then last year. We are very please to announce our Keynote Speakers --------------------------------------------------- * Friday, 8:00am December 8, 2006 � Ambuj Goyal, General M...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Informix Upgrade Optons for an ancient Informix system
Ok, So I stumbled onto some Informix work! yay! I got a call for help from someone who owns a rather ancient system: SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC7A But it's not just any ancient system, it's been hacked...it's a Sun box that has been rootkit'd. They did a good job of hosing up the system, but Informix is still running. Unfortunately I can't use ps -ef to even see what is running, they hosed up most of the commands necessary to monitor the system. This is an ancient system, most of the wo...

Down Informix -
HP-UX 11.11 Informix 7.31 FD 8 =========================================================== The instance informix key and occurred the following message of error: 10:44:05 Assert Failed: No Exception Handler 10:44:05 Who: Session(11289017, unique01@c0a8646f, 1388, -609530840) Thread(12620565, xchg_1.0, c0000000cf6f4bb8, 1) File: mtex.c Line: 471 10:44:05 Results: Exception Caught. Type: MT_EX_OS, Context: mem 10:44:05 Action: Please notify IBM Informix Technical Support. 10:44:05 Stack for thread: 12620565 xchg_1.0 some reference with r...

Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK
Does Somebody would tell me the difference between those Informix products? And the estimated cost of each one (for Linux) ? Thanks in advance regards sending to informix-list Go to http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/tools/ The Client SDK can be downloaded from there for free. "Francisco Roldan" <froldan@5b.com.gt> wrote in message news:bef377$h7m$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Does Somebody would tell me the difference between > those Informix products? > > And the estimated cost of each one (for Linux) ? > &...

Informix 7.3 to Informix 9.x
I have an Informix question that I hope someone can give some input on=2E W= e=0D=0Aare currently running Informix 7=2E3 on HPUX 10=2E20=2E We're planni= ng to=0D=0Aupgrade HP to 11i and want to move ahead in upgrading Informix t= o 9=2Ex=2E=0D=0AWe've had the 9=2E2 and 9=2E3 versions of Informix for a fe= w years now but=0D=0Awas never able to get around to moving forward with an= upgrade=2E My hope=0D=0Ais that you can answer these questions based on yo= ur experience and what=0D=0Ayou know to be true:=0D=0A=0D=0A1=2E Is Inform= ix 7=2E3 compatible on HPUX 11i?=0D=0A2=2E Wh...

What is Informix?
I'm writing a history of Informix and description of its product sets today for my website. A draft is at homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.truby. If anyone would care to review and comment, or add some text, I'd be very appreciative. thanks Neil Neil Truby wrote: > I'm writing a history of Informix and description of its product sets today > for my website. A draft is at homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.truby. If anyone > would care to review and comment, or add some text, I'd be very > appreciative. > > thanks > Neil > > Well not t...

Web resources about - [OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.] - comp.databases.informix