908: Attempt to connect to database server failed

When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME
everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time
the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the
error
908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed.
ISAM error: record is locked.
0
marcelo

--90e6ba6134b49a061404a25fde52

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 05:51, marcelo <mcaluori@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME
> everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time
> the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the
> error
> 908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed.
> ISAM error: record is locked.

It doesn't for me...

If we're going to be able to help you, we're going to need to know the
version of IDS and the platform on which it is running.

The error is not a common one, which has me somewhat puzzled.

*  Have you looked at the sessions running ('onstat -u') when you start
getting those errors?
*  Which API are you connecting with (ESQL/C, ODBC, JDBC, something else)?
*  Are you connecting from the local machine or a remote machine?

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler@gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org

--90e6ba6134b49a061404a25fde52

dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mcaluori@gmail.com">mcaluori@gmail.com</a=
>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 =
0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME<br>
everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time<br>
the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the<br>
error<br>
908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed.<br>
or me...<br><br>If we&#39;re going to be able to help you, we&#39;re going =
to need to know the version of IDS and the platform on which it is running.=

=A0 Have you looked at the sessions running (&#39;onstat -u&#39;) when you =
start getting those errors?<br>*=A0 Which API are you connecting with (ESQL=
/C, ODBC, JDBC, something else)?<br>

*=A0 Are you connecting from the local machine or a remote machine?<br></di=
nathan.leffler@gmail.com">jonathan.leffler@gmail.com</a>&gt;=A0 #include &l=
t;disclaimer.h&gt;<br>

Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - <a href=3D"http://dbi.perl.org">ht=
tp://dbi.perl.org</a><br>&quot;Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, f=
or we shall never cease to be amused.&quot;<br>

--90e6ba6134b49a061404a25fde52--
0
Jonathan
5/3/2011 2:22:07 PM
On 03/05/11 13:51, marcelo wrote:
> When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME
> everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time
> the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the
> error
> 908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed.
> ISAM error: record is locked.

There was a time when operating system errors where well below 100, which is
the number at which Informix errors start.
Sadly these days most POSIX OS have error numbers well into the several
hundreds - What I think is happening is that the OS is returning error 107 to
the client trying to connect and this is picking up, in error, the message for
an Informix message as opposed to the OS.

Depending on the OS inspect /usr/include/errno.h or /usr/include/sys/errno.h
or even /usr/include/asm/errno.h, and look for the meaning of the 107 returned
by the Operating System: once we know that, we might be able to help. I had a
quick look at Solaris 9 and AIX 5.3 and 107 is undefined - hence OS
information would be appreciated too.
--
Ciao,
Marco

Structured Query Scripting Language           http://www.4glworks.com/sqsl.htm
4glworks                                               http://www.4glworks.com
Informix on Linux                        http://www.4glworks.com/ifmxlinux.htm
0
Marco
5/3/2011 2:35:53 PM
On Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 8:51:15 AM UTC-4, marcelo wrote:
> When I work with INFORMIXSERVER configured via onipcshm DBSERVERNAME
> everything works OK. When setting via onsoctcp after a period of time
> the database locked and does not allow more connections giving the
> error
> 908: Attempt to connect to database server (ifxdatabase_tcp) failed.
> ISAM error: record is locked.

Hi,

I'm curious did you ever figure this error out?  I am running into the same error trying to test the db connectivity.

Thanks,
0
ceo

connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)
Hi, All: My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint how can I do that. Many thanks. Xiaoyu zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote: > My perl code need to connect to a database (MySQL) in remote server, > and I can login that server via SSH. You don't need to have ssh access to the remote database server in order to be able to connect to the database (at least if the database server is configured to wait for remote connections). > I am a new to perl, can anyone give me a hint h...

Informix 9.4 Arcserve 11 Unable to open connection to database server
We're running Informix 9.4 on Windows 2000 Server (sp4) with Arcserve 11 Backup Agent for Informix. These two pieces of software are installed on a "clean" machine (flattened and rebuilt). Just after the Informix 9.4 software and the Arcserve agent was installed, I ran a full backup from the Arcserve Manager server. It worked just fine. The DBA started tweaking the Informix server to get it ready to import the data from our production database and now it won't allow us to back it up any more. We get the Unable to open connection to database server 155 (0x9b) error. I have another clean system that I installed a similar configuration on and it has continued to allow us to use Arcserve to back up the database (no changes were made to the Informix server configuration though). A couple of other notes - the Arcserve manager resides on a separate server and all of the servers in my configuration are workgroup (not domain) servers. We've compared the configurations of the two servers mentioned above and re-entered configuration data until we're blue in the face. About the only thing we haven't done is uninstalled and/or re-installed any of the software. Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this problem? Thanks, Rochelle ...

RE: Informix 9.4 Arcserve 11 Unable to open connection to database server
Rochelle wrote > We're running Informix 9.4 on Windows 2000 Server (sp4) with Arcserve > 11 Backup Agent for Informix. These two pieces of software > are installed on a "clean" machine (flattened and rebuilt). > Just after the Informix 9.4 software and the Arcserve agent > was installed, I ran a full backup from the Arcserve Manager > server. It worked just fine. > The DBA started tweaking the Informix server to get it ready > to import the data from our production database and now it > won't allow us to back it up any more. We get the Unable to > open connection to database server 155 (0x9b) error. I have > another clean system that I installed a similar configuration > on and it has continued to allow us to use Arcserve to back > up the database (no changes were made to the Informix server > configuration though). A couple of other notes - the > Arcserve manager resides on a separate server and all of the > servers in my configuration are workgroup (not domain) > servers. We've compared the configurations of the two > servers mentioned above and re-entered configuration data > until we're blue in the face. About the only thing we > haven't done is uninstalled and/or re-installed any of the > software. Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing > this problem? > What configuration files have you checked - Ser...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database >oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on >the same. >Waiting for reply. Its critical http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:4406709207206#18830681837358 I have used this to example to connect to DB2. chet ...

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

Delete a record from a table in a Database with Database Connectivity
I can't find the function from the Database Connectivity library that allows me to delete a record from a table of the database. I tried to use DB Tools Free Object.vi function but this one deletes only the table created with a query. &nbsp; Thankyou Hi, I have the same problem to delete a record&nbsp;from a table in a Database. I couldn't understand your answers very well. Can anyone give some more&nbsp;details? If you&nbsp;already have got the solution, could you let&nbsp;me know? Thank you very much! Jane&nbsp; I have used the sql query as described above a...

Using the DBI to connect to an Oracle server w/o connecting to a database
I've searched for the answer to this problem and have not seen it (which suggests what the answer might be ;-) ). Is it possible to use DBI (and DBD::Oracle) to connect to an Oracle server without connecting to a database? This would be the DBI equivalent of: sqlplus /nolog SQL> connect user/passwd@database; or, more similarly: sqlplus /nolog @my.sql where my.sql might be: connect user/passwd@database; select ... etc. I'm thinking this is not possible, but I hope it is. Thanks. Quoth Tim <google@hoodfamily.org>: > I've searched for the answer to this problem and...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Access project database
Why isn't a database created on the MSDE?? Network: Two Win2K Pro machines connected as peers. (No domains.) MS Access is on X, MSDE2000A is on H. MS Access is run under: Windows Administrator. MSDE is set for Windows Authentication only. On using the Microsoft SQL Server Database Wizard to create an Access project, I don't specify a usename or password. After the wizard says it has the info it needs, it closes and a progress bar appears for a only a split second as the wizard tries to create the database. Indications are that the connections to the MSDE was dropped during creatio...

how to connect database and application servers
Hi anyone can explain me how to connect between database and application servers. both are linux servers. as per my knowledge listeners can do. is there any other tools needed like tcp/ip's. i know, we need web servrs tools to connect application and web server. like this do we need any other tools. thanks ...

Connecting to database from application server?

problem connecting to database on server
I've got problem with connecting to PROGERSS database, I've started AppServer amd configured sample database Sports2000 in Progress Explorer Tool and I can't connect to database using 4GL instructions Can You send me simple example in 4GL that solve my problem with connecting to database on server. Are you trying to connect to the database directly or are you trying t connect to the DB via the Appserver -- gcampbel 14 Years of Progres ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gcampbell's Profile: http://www.progresstalk.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=145 View this thread: http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=7929 gcampbell <gcampbell.1gnu5a@progresstalk.com> wrote in message news:<gcampbell.1gnu5a@progresstalk.com>... > Are you trying to connect to the database directly or are you trying to > connect to the DB via the Appserver? I'm trying to Connect via the AppServer using 4GL instructions. I've already connected to AppServer, but I don't know how to connect to the database, do you have any examples or suggestions Best regards majster82 I hope I understand what it is you are trying to do.... You cannot directly connect your client to the database throug AppServer. The AppServer connects to the database. Your client in turn connects t the AppServer and then runs remote procedures on the AppServer tha perform the queries update...

How to connect a informix database from my console
Hello, i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it. Can you help me. I want to select some data to a text file ... thanks a lot Franck info@epms-le-littoral.org wrote: > Hello, > i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local > database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it. > Can you help me. > > I want to select some data to a text file ... Why do you think you have to use isql? dbaccess should be sufficient: $ echo "unload to 'out.unl' select * from sometable"|dbaccess somedb HTH, -- Carsten Haese http://informixdb.sourceforge.net ...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com... I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Jim Devenish <internet.shopping@foobox.com> wrote: Have you tried the Shell command? If you weren't using the AutoExec macro but one with another name, you could use the /X command line switch for msaccess.exe -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an >already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but >does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening ...

SPSS 16.0.2 failed to start up! [err: Attempt to connect to a remote server failed inet:Local Computer:0]
Hi all, I used to get SPSS 16.0 working on my PC, but unfortunately after a blue screen i had to reinstall Windows XP. I installed SPSS 16.0 and apply both patches SPSS1601WindowsPatch.exe, SPSSWindows16.0.2Patch.exe. I try to launch SPSS 16 I keep having the following error message: (I hoped SPSS 16.0.2 patch fix this!) "Attempt to connect to a remote server failed inet:Local Computer:0." The only difference that I can see from my previous installation is that I updated my Windows XP to SP3... I am not an expert in SPSS than any suggestion will be appreciated. Thxxxx ...

how to access database control of many oracle10g database instances on same server
I am on Redhat Linux 9 and using Oracle 10G (10.0.1.3?). I know how to create a Oracle database instance and use EM database control to administer the database. To access database control from a browser, Oracle asks to enter a URL: http://server_name:5500/em The URL does not specify the ORACLE_SID. I however want to create several database instances on the same box. Will Oracle automatically set up a different port (e.g., 5501) for second instance. All the documentation I have found on Oracle's web site refers to a single database instance on a server. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks a lot, Prem You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid Control or DB Console. Jining Han Jining Han wrote: > You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your > database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid > Control or DB Console. > > Jining Han I hae read about Grid Control, but I think there is still a way to access many instnaces on the same server using database control. Prem Of course you can, a DB Console for each database, and you can choose that as your preferred approach, too. But I really think it's a waste of resources and a big inconvenience. You are probably better off with the "tradictional" desktop console. Just my 2 cents. Jining Han <premmehrotra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

restore database to another server failed
Hi Everyone NEW USER Q. I am trying to restore a database backup image to another machine. Both machines are installed with same DB2 7.2 installation package. Version: 7, Release: 2, Modification: 5, Service Level: WR21294 Querying the system... Windows 2000 Version After restoring and rollforwarding to point in time which are both successfully, I have this error message when tring to connect database: SQL1091C The release number of the database is not valid. SQLSTATE=08004 My process for restore is this: 1. Copy over backup image and all transaction logs to anothe...

ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database
Hi, I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e. 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login AND 1162373168 would be 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout) Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you do a small stored procedure, I guess it's doable. It would be something like: select myfunc(date_col) from... my 2 cents... jgp > -----Original Message----- > From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list- > bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of jahillia@yahoo.com > Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 21:51 > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database > > Hi, > I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya > (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a > call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that > I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e. > 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login AND 1162373168 would be > 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout) > > Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture poin...

Replication
We have a SQLSERVER database that is replicated to many users. We are currently in an expansion phase where we need to make changes to the server database. Each time we rollout a new release, we are deleting the local replicating database and recreating. Is there any way to automatically transfer the changes from the server to existing local database without deleting? dipillama@nswccd.navy.mil (Michael diPilla) wrote in message news:<4e67e68b.0308181234.4c8e5e98@posting.google.com>... > We have a SQLSERVER database that is replicated to many users. > We are currently in an expan...

Web resources about - 908: Attempt to connect to database server failed - comp.databases.informix