951: Incorrect password or user is not known on the database server in Informix 7.3

Hi.

I recently booted the Informix IDS 7.31 server and after putting online
the databases it appeared the message after acceding dbaccess:

951: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database
server

Any idea?

Thanks.

0
Massoroto
10/25/2005 3:31:32 PM
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

For more information on the log file I get:

19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix:
Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database
server.
System error = 13.
19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out.
19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!

0
Massoroto
10/25/2005 5:23:33 PM
Massoroto wrote:
> For more information on the log file I get:
>
> 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix:
> Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database
> server.
> System error = 13.
> 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out.
> 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!

Which OS are you using?
Are you sure everything is allright with user Informix? Can you logon?
Are you sure your oninit's have the right permissions?

System error 13 is
"#define EACCES          13              /* Permission denied */"

Regards...
0
Fernando
10/26/2005 9:47:52 AM
Which OS? Which OS version? Which IDS version?

"Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!"

Well that is pretty clear isn't it?

0
david

Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database server
Hi all !! I frecuently seen this message on the log file: "Admin: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database server" I believe two posible options there is someone that is very stupit that always forget his user and password or someone is trying to log in on the database server. In both cases, I need to identify this person, my question is how can I identify this user ? Thanks in advance. hpux=11.0 ids=7.3 sending to informix-list ...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #3
Thanks a lot ! My problem was the fact that I tried to restore on a Linux machine a backup made on a UNIX machine. The INFORMIX server version was the same. The problem was the OS, in fact. Backup with ontape is recommended only when the restore is made on the same machine. Carmen ----- Original Message ----- From: "S.Dhayanidhi" <sdhaya@hotmail.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:35 AM Subject: Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux > Here is my cute little code.. for u...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #3
I think so... J. anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com escribis: > Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and > hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and > googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at > all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the > same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list definately! It can be done for temp tables ...

writing a blob into database (informix 7.3)
We have Informix 7.3 here and for various reasons we will be stuck with it for a while. I need to write some graphical objects into a database table and I was just assessing the feasibility but failed at the first hurdle <sigh>. I created the simplest of tables, like this one below: create table tt_pics ( id char(10), pic byte in blobspace ) I then tried two ways of putting things into this table: Method 1: using the LOAD command The manual was very terse about loading stuff into a table with a byte column. So I just took a shoot in the dark and...

Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database
As the log files tells you, the user is trying userid Admin. Check if this ID exists on ur unix box. To get a list of IP's and stuff from where people login using telnet or any other protocol, ask ur sysadmin on unix to log all activity. ( sysad can restrict users via inetd.sec file ) Some of the commands which might help you - last -R , lastb -R , netstat ( you can run these yourself ) - check in informix log, the approx time when this person tries this and before that time, start a script with netstat or later check with lastb/last ( last commands will help ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database #2
I have seen this also, it is MS when the "Administrator" username has been changed to "Admin". Usually there is an "oops" also either in the username or the password supplied to the Informix box. And you seldom see the "bad password error" from the ODBC. Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Actually, I saw this once before. It's some MS aberration where it tries to > log you in as user Admin if there is something wrong with your ODBC, or > Access or something. I can't remember the details, but then I can't > remember my add...

Relation of OS user to Informix database user
Hi, I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. Now, I could access the entire database, including both A and B's tables by logging in as either of the users. I tried connecting as A from dbaccess and doing a REVOKE SELECT ON TABLE T FROM B. This gave an error saying no record in ISAM and Unable to revoke permissions. It however allowed me to do a GRANT SELECT ON TABLE T TO B. This did not change a thing since B could already access A's tables. So I did a REVOKE SELECT ON TABLE T FROM B. Next, I actually logged out and logged back in as B and still, inexplicably enough, I was able to see A's tables easily enough. Any explanations would be most welcome as I have been struggling to get this working for sometime now. Also any pointers to the relation of Informix's users to the operating system level users would be welcome. Regards, Anupam have you revoked from "public"? anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for > Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two > operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT > RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. Now, I could access > the e...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #3
Hi, - you can use dbexport/dbimport to tape device. See syntax for these utility commands. - using ontape you can not backup dbspaces separately. You can restore dbspaces separately, but with some restrictions. See manual "Backup and Restore Guide" for more info. - to backup dbspaces separately, you'd have to use ON-Bar. However, that requires configuration and setup of a Storage Manager (e.g. ISM). It has some restrictions also, mainly that you have to backup logical logs as well in order to do such backups and be able to restore them successfully. - there's no backing up of (separate) databases, neither with ontape nor with ON-Bar. - you can look into other utilities. Rather than onload/onunload (with the size of your databases) you may want to look into HPL (High Performance Loader) ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 15:13:38: > > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. > > My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a > problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. > > Anybody may help me? sending to informix-list ...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #3
David Williams wrote: > "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote in message news:btmcr4> That > will make it a lot tidier, should be able to use a case statement. > >>I will revise next week sometime. >> > > > http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk/ifaq06.htm#6.33 > > 6.33 What status codes does onstat return? > On 21st May 1998 mdstock@informix.com (Mark D. Stock) wrote:- > > As a point of interest, you can check the current mode of IDS by checking > the status ($?) after onstat -. > > The values r...

database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux
Please help! I try to restore a database with ontape -r file_name like : $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape -r <<file_name y n n n file_name The error that I get is if the server is offline is :" Physical restore failed - function read archive backup failed code 1 errno 2". Has anyone any idea how do I have write the commad do or what environement variables do I have to set for that the restore work properly? Thans a lot, Carmen sending to informix-list "Carmen Constantinescu" ...

David Williams wrote > > "Andy Kent" <andykent.bristol@virgin.net> wrote in message > news:a3525a11.0401080308.64a1ed12@posting.google.com... > > Why ever would you want to run a cold restore unattended? > > > > Great laxative ... > > > > To create a reporting database once per week... > > Once all the ontape stuff is finished don't forget to > > a) Sit in a loop running onstat - and check the return > code each time.Wait for the server to reach quiescent > mode. This can take 45 mins. >...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user
Just to add to the discussion <SNIP> > > > It however allowed me to do a > > GRANT SELECT ON TABLE T TO B. > >Possibly - but did it actually add anything to the systabauth table? If >you read the GRANT manual pages carefully, there appears to be a >loophole such that a GRANT statement might execute 'OK' without granting >the permissions. <SNIP> Is this a loophole or a security measure? I had been led to believe it works this way deliberately. By telling a user(hacker) that his command has failed is giving him information/knowledge about your systems you may not want Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't sending to informix-list ...

RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #2
Christian Knappke wrote > > "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote: > > > Here is one I prepared earlier --- > > > > onbar/ontape whatever .. > > FORCEOL=n > > until onstat - | grep "On-Line" > /dev/null > > do > > echo "Off line" # ; sleep 20 > > onstat - | grep "[BQ][lu][oi][ce][ks]" > /dev/null && ( echo > > "\nServ blokd" > > if [ x$FORCEOL = "xn" ] ; then > > echo "On...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #2
This is from the -310 SQL errror code. Only one table with a given name can exist in a single database. (In an ANSI-compliant database, the name of the user that created a table name qualifies it, so one table of a given name per user can exist.) Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >Reply-To: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user >Date: 24 Aug 2005 23:22:39 -0700 > >Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and >hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and >googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at >all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the >same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list ...

Informix 7.3 to Informix 9.x
I have an Informix question that I hope someone can give some input on=2E W= e=0D=0Aare currently running Informix 7=2E3 on HPUX 10=2E20=2E We're planni= ng to=0D=0Aupgrade HP to 11i and want to move ahead in upgrading Informix t= o 9=2Ex=2E=0D=0AWe've had the 9=2E2 and 9=2E3 versions of Informix for a fe= w years now but=0D=0Awas never able to get around to moving forward with an= upgrade=2E My hope=0D=0Ais that you can answer these questions based on yo= ur experience and what=0D=0Ayou know to be true:=0D=0A=0D=0A1=2E Is Inform= ix 7=2E3 compatible on HPUX 11i?=0D=0A2=2E Which version of Informix 9=2Ex= the best one with the least bugs? Is 9=2Ex=0D=0Acompatible on HPUX 11i?=0D= =0A3=2E In the 9=2Ex version, which version of the supporting components (= ESQL,=0D=0ASQL, 4GL, etc=2E) should be used with the 9=2Ex version?=0D=0A4= =2E Any pros and cons?=0D=0A =0D=0AHas anyone been where we're trying to g= et?=0D=0A =0D=0A =0D=0A=0D=0A-----------------------------------------=0D= =0AThis message and any attachments may contain confidential=0D=0Ainformati= on or trade secrets of SMI=2E SMI will take legal action=0D=0Aagainst any = person who improperly uses or discloses SMI's=0D=0Aconfidential information= or trade secrets=2E If you have received=0D=0Athis message in error, plea= se notify the sender immediately and=0D=0Adelete and destroy this message a= nd its attachments=2E=0D=0A >> 1. Is Informix 7.3 compatible on HPUX 11i? ...

Informix User Forum 2006 - 2 day Informix Technical Conference for Users by Informix Users
A two-day Informix User Group Technical Conference - Friday and Saturday, December 8-9, 2006 The Washington Area Informix User Group (WAIUG) based in Washington, DC, and the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, are teaming up once again to present Informix User Forum 2006. This will be the premiere Informix regional user group technical conference in the world. This is a user conference planned and run by Informix users for Informix users. I have been putting together the Washington Area Informix Users Group Forums since 1994 and last year's was the best event we have done to date. We had over 170 participants from 8 countries and 30 states in the US. There were 14 sponsors with products for the Informix user community. There were 32 technical presentations, by speakers who are Informix developers from IBM and DBA users from around the world. The message was very clear from IBM that Informix is a critical product and will continue to have a great future. The message from the users attending was also very clear, no other product does the job of Informix and we are loyal to what works. To view the results and presentations for last year's forum visit: http://www.iiug.org/waiug/present/Forum2005/Forum2005.html This years Forum looks to be even better then last year. We are very please to announce our Keynote Speakers --------------------------------------------------- * Friday, 8:00am December 8, 2006 � Ambuj Goyal, General M...

Storing password in informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C34796.5B1587B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Is there any way to show the selected password field value = from a table as *********, but should match the actual value when = comparing for login. Thanks in advance. Chavan Koya ------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C34796.5B1587B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quo...