ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) released

--047d7b66f2393d6a7604d39d2cc7

IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18)
has been uploaded to CPAN.

IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is
the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix
databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl
5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to
Perl 5.16.2 or later).  You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or
later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended).  The
code for DBD::Informix is available for download via:

http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces
http://dbi.perl.org/

** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl)
** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning
** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com.
** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do
** that yourself.

New in release 2013.0118:
* Bug fix release.
* Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820
  when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data.
* Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl regex metacharacters.
* Other minor improvements as documented in the ChangeLog.
* Formal support for ESQL/C 7.x and 8.x (don't ask why the
  current version numbers are smaller) will be dropped after this
  release.  The code won't go away yet, but it is beyond time to
  get off those versions.  ESQL/C 5.20 is nominally supported for
  those still using Informix OnLine 5.20, but there is no
  testing on that platform.

New in release 2011.0612:
* Minor bug fix release.
* Main change is related to Perl internals and avoids the need for
  PERL_POLLUTE.  This change is not visible to users except that Perl
  5.14.x can use the fixed code.
* Fixed problem with string that is not null terminated by ESQL/C library.
* Clean up some 64-bit compilation warnings.
* Build on AIX.
* Evade problem with a DISTINCT type of LVARCHAR with NOT NULL (probably
  ESQL/C bug).
* Fewer versions of Informix products are supported.  You may try
  building DBD::Informix with other versions.  If it works, great; if
  not, please upgrade to a supported Informix version.

Support email address:
* This release is supported by Jonathan Leffler <dbd.informix@gmail.com>.
* You may also report your bugs via the CPAN resolution tracking system:
    http://rt.cpan.org/
* Such bug reports can be sent by email to bug-DBD-Informix@rt.cpan.org;
  they also get sent to dbd.informix@gmail.com, etc.

As always, see the ChangeLog file for details about what has changed.

Jonathan Leffler (jleffler@us.ibm.com, jonathan.leffler@gmail.com)

@(#)$Id: Announce,v 2013.2 2013/01/18 19:55:18 jleffler Exp $

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler@gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2011.0612 - http://dbi.perl.org

--047d7b66f2393d6a7604d39d2cc7

IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) ha=
s been uploaded to CPAN.<br><br>IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also=
 known as DBD::Informix) is<br>the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or l=
ater to access Informix<br>

databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl<br>5.10=
..0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to<br>Perl 5.=
16.2 or later).=A0 You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or<br>later =
as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended).=A0 The<br>

code for DBD::Informix is available for download via:<br><br><a href=3D"htt=
p://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces">http://ww=
w.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces</a><br><a href=
=3D"http://dbi.perl.org/">http://dbi.perl.org/</a><br>

* script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning<br>*=
* Jonathan Leffler) at <a href=3D"mailto:dbd.informix@gmail.com">dbd.inform=
ix@gmail.com</a>.<br>

** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do<br>** =
Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820<br=

=A0 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data.<br>* Fix=
 for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl regex metacharacters.<br>* Other minor imp=
rovements as documented in the ChangeLog.<br>* Formal support for ESQL/C 7.=
x and 8.x (don&#39;t ask why the<br>

=A0 current version numbers are smaller) will be dropped after this<br>=A0 =
release.=A0 The code won&#39;t go away yet, but it is beyond time to<br>=A0=
 get off those versions.=A0 ESQL/C 5.20 is nominally supported for<br>=A0 t=
hose still using Informix OnLine 5.20, but there is no<br>

ug fix release.<br>* Main change is related to Perl internals and avoids th=
e need for<br>=A0 PERL_POLLUTE.=A0 This change is not visible to users exce=
pt that Perl<br>

=A0 5.14.x can use the fixed code.<br>* Fixed problem with string that is n=
ot null terminated by ESQL/C library.<br>* Clean up some 64-bit compilation=
 warnings.<br>* Build on AIX.<br>* Evade problem with a DISTINCT type of LV=
ARCHAR with NOT NULL (probably<br>

=A0 ESQL/C bug).<br>* Fewer versions of Informix products are supported.=A0=
 You may try<br>=A0 building DBD::Informix with other versions.=A0 If it wo=
rks, great; if<br>=A0 not, please upgrade to a supported Informix version.<=
br><br>

Support email address:<br>* This release is supported by Jonathan Leffler &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dbd.informix@gmail.com">dbd.informix@gmail.com</a>&gt;=
..<br>* You may also report your bugs via the CPAN resolution tracking syste=
m:<br>

 bug reports can be sent by email to <a href=3D"mailto:bug-DBD-Informix@rt.=
cpan.org">bug-DBD-Informix@rt.cpan.org</a>;<br>=A0 they also get sent to <a=
 href=3D"mailto:dbd.informix@gmail.com">dbd.informix@gmail.com</a>, etc.<br=

r><br>Jonathan Leffler (<a href=3D"mailto:jleffler@us.ibm.com">jleffler@us.=
ibm.com</a>, <a href=3D"mailto:jonathan.leffler@gmail.com">jonathan.leffler=
@gmail.com</a>)<br>

ear=3D"all"><br>-- <br>Jonathan Leffler &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jonathan.leff=
ler@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">jonathan.leffler@gmail.com</a>&gt;=A0 #inc=
lude &lt;disclaimer.h&gt;<br>

Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2011.0612 - <a href=3D"http://dbi.perl.org" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://dbi.perl.org</a><br>&quot;Blessed are we who can lau=
gh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.&quot;

--047d7b66f2393d6a7604d39d2cc7--
0
Jonathan

ANNOUNCE: Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0521 (2013-05-21) released
--047d7b343dca86897004dd48a93a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0521 (2013-05-21) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.16.2 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2013.0521 * Support CSDK 4.10 for IDS 12.10 * Change work email address to jleffler@google.com New in release 2013.0206: * Bug fix release (not generally available). * Properly handle the new ESQL/C version 4.10. New in release 2013.0113: * Bug fix release. * Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data. * Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl re...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) released
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 006497ED88256FC5_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for...

Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01
bottom right side, click office, followed by edit current. Click the mail tab. Go to the bottom and change mime to rich text. Thanks to June Hunt I changed mine (mime) fairly recently! peace Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@earthli nk.net> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org ...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) released
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) released
--0015176f0996166e0804a58b6ddc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 After 3 years and 1 month bar 1 day, a new version of DBD::Informix hits the streets - well, CPAN, anyway. The primary change - support for Perl 5.14.0. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.14.0 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.616 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release :PRODVER:: * Minor bug fix release. * Main change is related to Perl internals and avoids the need for PERL_POLLUTE. This change is not visible to users except that Perl 5.14.x can use the fixed code. * Fixed problem with string that is not null terminated by ESQL/C library. *...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Informix Training for Database Administrators
Folks, Our next Informix class has only 2 spaces left. Our last class complete filled up. Informix for Database Administrators - September 9-12, 2013 (attend online or in person) This is a four day course that covers everything you need to know to administer and Informix database server. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 12, 11 or 10 databases. Each student will have a 4-core Linux server with Informix 12 for our exercises and labs. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. Our IBM Informix courses were developed and are taught by Advanced DataTools founder, Lester Knutsen, who is an Informix Certified Professional and a Certified Technical Trainer. Lester is an experienced consultant with a reputation for providing excellent training based on his extensive and up-to-date working knowledge of Informix. He enjoys teaching, and is frequently asked to develop and conduct additional customized courses onsite for customers. Lester has been building large database systems with Informix since 1983. He has been teaching Informix classes for over 16 years. Lester is a member of the IBM Gold Consultant program and in October 2008 was awarded one of the Inaugural Data Champion awards by IBM. Course outline - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixDBACourse.html Course registration - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/Co...

[...]

I'm pleased to announce VTKAda version 6.0 free edition release 01/10/2013
VTKAda is Ada-2012 port to VTK (Visualization Toolkit by Kitware, Inc) and Qt5 application and UI framework by Nokia VTK version 6.0.0), Qt version 5.1.1 open source and vtkc.dll,vtkc2.dll,qt5c.dll(libvtkc.so,libvtkc2.so,libqt5c.so) were built with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 in Windows and gcc in Linux x86-64 Package was tested with gnat gpl 2012 ada compiler (-gnat12 option) in Windows 8 64bit,Debian 7 x86-64 As a role ADA is used in embeded systems, but with VTKADA(+QTADA) you can build any desktop applications with powerful 2D/3D rendering and imaging (games, animations, emula...

Webcast -Informix Performance Tuning using the Sysmaster Database by Lester Knutsen
Informix Performance Tuning using the Sysmaster Database by Lester Knutsen, Advanced DataTools Corporation Our next Webcast is on April 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time. Lester will present new scripts to monitor and tune your Informix Database server using the Sysmaster and Sysadmin Database. This is based on Lester's most popular talk at Informix user conferences over the past several years, "Exploring the Sysmaster Database". We will show what is new with Informix 12.10. What is the best page size for a table? One of the new scripts will show the results of different pages sizes for a table and which page size a table would get the best performance with the least amount of wasted space. How can you take advantage of the new SQL trace function to find your most expensive SQL? To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training Schedule: Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We guarantee to NEVER cancel a course and will teach a course as long as one student is registered! Next Course: July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning - This course is for database administrators and application developers who will be responsible for managing, optimizing, and tuning an Informix database server. The focus is on skills, procedures, and scripts to improve the performance of your database server. The course will provide a toolkit of scripts and utilities to start monitoring ...

New Webcast -Informix Performance Tuning using the Sysmaster Database by Lester Knutsen
Informix Performance Tuning using the Sysmaster Database by Lester Knutsen, Advanced DataTools Corporation Our next Webcast is on April 30, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time. Lester will present new scripts to monitor and tune your Informix Database server using the Sysmaster and Sysadmin Database. This is based on Lester's most popular talk at Informix user conferences over the past several years, "Exploring the Sysmaster Database". We will show what is new with Informix 12.10. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Webcast Replays: Replay - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/Webcasts.html Informix Performance Tuning by Art Kagel, Advanced DataTools Corporation Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation Informix Training Schedule: Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We guarantee to NEVER cancel a course and will teach a course as long as one student is registered! Next Course: July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning - This course is for database administrators and application developers who will be responsible for managing, optimizing, and tuning an Informix database server. The focus is on skills, procedures, and scripts to improve the performance of your database server. The course will provide a toolkit of scripts and utilities to start monitoring and optimizing your Informix database server. http:...

Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix
Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Next Webcast: Informix Performance Tuning by Art Kagel, Advanced DataTools Corporation our next Webcast on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time Informix Training Schedule: Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We guarantee to NEVER cancel a course and will teach a course as long as one student is registered! http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-256-0267 x102 Visit our Web page: http://www.advancedatatools...

Web resources about - ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) released - comp.databases.informix

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 27th, 2013 at 1:45 am and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS ...

US Dollar / Canadian Dollar - 2010-01-18 13:52:49 GMT
Jump to Navigation Friday, April 11, 2014 As of 6:10 PM EDT U.S. Edition Australia Edition Canada Edition China Edition Germany Edition India ...

Twitter Digest: 2013-01-18
... Updated my github regex repository with a regex to fillter public conversations (^.@\w+\s+[A-Z]) https://t.co/DIjLh09L Analysis of 2012 venture ...

Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 17.35.58
TechCrunch is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking ...

HP 激發企業重新檢視資安策略 [2013/10/01 18:39]
HP 宣布推出全新產品及服務,以協助企業打擊駭客攻擊、管理風險並擴展其安全防禦能力,進而能在與日俱增的漏洞威脅下,達成更完善的企業資安維護。 隨著網路攻擊事件日趨增長,去年度的 Forbes 富比世全球二千大企業中,有 92 % 均發現過資安漏洞。這項成長數字是由於入侵者/駭客建 ...

Screen Shot 2013-01-18 at 12.53.50 PM