connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows down intermittently

we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we
connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows.
When I try connecting to database through one ID it establishes
connectivity in 2-3 sec and when i try accessing connecting to same
database through second ID it takes 5-6 minutes sometimes,although
sometimes it hapens in seconds.
When my colleagues try to access database through the second ID i tried
with they get connected ie have connectivity in seconds.
coonections are open to database .
what might be the problem!any clue?

0
zagri_as

we restart the database and then connection gets established.

0
zagri_as
8/2/2006 3:59:55 PM
On 2 Aug 2006 08:59:55 -0700, zagri_as@yahoo.com <zagri_as@yahoo.com> wrote:
> we restart the database and then connection gets established.

Since the question is about connecting to DB2, have you asked in a
more appropriate forum such as comp.databases.ibm-db2?  You might get
a different - better - response there.

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com
Jonathan

RE: connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows downintermittently
Sounds like a DNS problem. Scott MacKenzie - Dine' College ISD Phone/Voice Mail:=A0 928-724-6639 Email: scottm at dinecollege.edu -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org = [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of zagri_as@yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:35 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows = downintermittently we are facing a problem here.We have two different IDs from which we connect to db2 database through Db2 client on windows. When I try connecting to database through one ID it establishes connectivity in 2-3 sec and when i try accessing connecting to same database through second ID it takes 5-6 minutes sometimes,although sometimes it hapens in seconds. When my colleagues try to access database through the second ID i tried with they get connected ie have connectivity in seconds. coonections are open to database . what might be the problem!any clue? _______________________________________________ Informix-list mailing list Informix-list@iiug.org http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list ...

Connect to IBM DB2 database without installing the DB2 client.
Hi, To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 client. Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single file (db2cli.dll). I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on Linux machine. Regards, Santosh SB wrote: > Hi, > > To connect to the DB2 Driver, from a remote machine. Do we requier DB2 > client. > Can't we connect by just having IBM DB2 driver which is just a single > file (db2cli.dll). > I am using vb application from Windows platform to connect to DB2 on >...

db2 client to connect to host databases and create/use local databases too
Is it possible to install DB2 client product(s) so that the same system can connect to host databases like DB2 Connect can, *and* can also create and use local databases like DB2 Personal can? I have "DB2 Personal Edition" installed now, which does everything I want except I get an SQL8002N about missing DB2 Connect product/license when I try to connect to an OS/400 database. I was thinking of trying "DB2 Connect Personal Edition", but I cannot find confirmation anywhere of whether that would let me also create and use local databases... On 17.04.13 12:31 , Cind...

connection remote to DB2 database with the C/C++, with prohibition of installation DB2 client software.
I have write connection to remote database (DB2) with the aid C/C++, but i can not install DB2 client software (everything that will be wanted for connection i must place in application, possibly - i can add some libraries DLL in folder with application. Do there be possible ? Some simplest idea ?? Any source code ?? I will be very beholden for any/every assistance thank / salute ........ and i apologize for my english ann ebneci@tlen.pl wrote: > I have write connection to remote database (DB2) with the aid C/C++, > but i can not install DB2 client software (e...

db2connect to connect Windows client to a DB2 database on Unix platform ?
Hello, Do I need db2connect to connect an ODBC client application (Windows) to a DB2 database on a Unix platform (SUN) ? No, you need only the DB2 run time client: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/fixes/french/db2winIA32v8/client/runtime Kona wrote: > Hello, > Do I need db2connect to connect an ODBC client application (Windows) > to a DB2 database on a Unix platform (SUN) ? Blair Adamache <badamache@2muchspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<brql51$9o5$1@hanover.torolab.ibm.com>... > No, you need only the DB2 run time client: > > ...

how to use db2 connect server as a gateway to connect to mainframe db2 database
we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. i installed db2 v9 connect server on one windows server which is locating the same network with database server. now how to i configure the connect server and client, so client could access the database through the connect server? like that: db2client <--> db2 connect server <--> db2 mainframe database IBM keeps talking about this structure but never mention about the configuration in all the manuals.:( thanks for help! jeffhan wrote: > we have os/400 db2 database at the backend. > i installed db2 v9 connect...

database migration from Windows DB2 to Linux DB2
We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the data) from a Windows UDB instance to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? Thanks "Murty" <adavi@comcast.net> wrote in message news:c4w7b.406960$Ho3.62540@sccrnsc03... > We need to migrate a database (basically all the 300+ tables along with the > data) from a Windows UDB instance > to a Linux UDB instance. What is the best way of doing this ? > > Thanks > Bad news is that you cannot use backup and restore of the database from Windows to Linux....

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

db2 connection lost from my db2 client on window to aix server after some time
Hi, I have encountered a very strange situation. I just changed my laptop and installed db2 Administration client. I run a db2 CLP ranning statistic on 500 tables from my db2 command window on my laptop and the connection was disconnected after 30 minutes. Is this for some set up on my new laptop? George Thanks, On Apr 24, 8:29 am, zgh1970 <george.zh...@lombard.ca> wrote: > Hi, > I have encountered a very strange situation. > I just changed my laptop and installed db2 Administration client. > I run a db2 CLP ranning statistic on 500 tables from my db2 comman...

Is there a way to drop DB2 database buffer pool without connecting to database?
Greetings, We are having a situation here whereby one of our staff created a very huge 32K buffer pool in a production database and caused the database to go down. When we try to reconnect to the database using "db2 connect to <dbname>", its giving the following error: SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE:55032 Now we are not able to connect to the database eventhough after we restart the server and instance. What we are thinking now is whether it is possible to drop the 32k buffer pool without connecting to the database. Or is there any other workaround that would help us to resolve this problem. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you. One possible way to solve the current problem is .. Create an registry variable db2 set DB2_OVERRIDE_BPF=<no of pages> --Set it to a optimum level based on the memory limits u have! .. Restart the instance On Feb 15, 2:17 pm, xeqis...@gmail.com wrote: > Greetings, > We are having a situation here whereby one of our staff created a > very huge 32K buffer pool in a production database and caused the > database to go down. When we try to reconnect to the database using > "db2 connect to <dbname>", its giving the following error: > > SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to servi...

Migrating a Windows DB2 8.1 to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3
Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but these handle mirgrations across db systems. Thx in adwance!!! Ric wrote: > Do someone know how to migrate/copy a Windows DB2 8.1 data base to DB2 > 8.1 database system on AIX 5.3. Found some migrate doc on the web but > these handle mirgrations across db systems. > > Thx in adwance!!! Use db2look to extract the DDL, and then make changes to run on Windows (TS container file names and paths will need a change). Then use ...

How to connect to a DB2 database.
Hello Ruby world. The platform: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32] Windows/XP DB2 8.1.4 DBname = dvddbase The questions: 1 - How do I talk (connect) to a DB2 database using Ruby? 2 - Any sample code that can be shared? Thank you Victor On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 12:28:26AM +0900, Victor Reyes wrote: > Hello Ruby world. > The platform: > > ruby 1.8.2 (2004-07-29) [i386-mswin32] > Windows/XP > DB2 8.1.4 > DBname = dvddbase > > The questions: > > 1 - How do I talk (connect) to a DB2 database using Ruby? > 2 - Any sample code that can be shared? You...

DB2 installation problem in the db2 database.
Hello all I want to install db2 universal Database Personal Edition in my Linux Fedora core 3. But the following error has occured. When i gave the following command for install -----> [root@brown pde813u1]# ./db2setup DBI1190I db2setup is preparing the DB2 Setup wizard which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait. /opt/pde813u1/db2/linux/install/db2jinst: line 131: 6286 Segmentation fault $JAVA_PATH/$JAVA_INTERPRETER $JAVA_OPTIONS -cp $JAVA_CLASSPATH $DB2SetupRun "$@" 2>/tmp/db2setup.err.running In the ...

Difference between DB2 Client and DB2 Connect
What is the difference between DB2 Client and DB2 Connect? Our databases are DB2 8 on AIX and z/OS. Can we use DB2 Connect to connect to DB2 server on AIX and DB2 on z/OS? Thanks! -Jane Jane, >What is the difference between DB2 Client and DB2 Connect? DB2 Client is free client for DB2 Linux, Unix, Windows (LUV). DB2 Connect is chargeable client (can be also server), and (in addition to LUV connectivity) includes OS/400 and/or z/OS connectivity/license. So, you pay for only OS/400 or z/OS connectivity. >Our databases are DB2 8 on AIX and z/OS. Can we use DB2 C...

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver when connecting to a DB2 database using driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource
Hi, I want to get connection to a DB2 database using the driver COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource. I have also included 'db2java.zip' in the classpath. However I am getting the exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at Conn.main(Conn.java:44) The code that I am using (with try/catch removed) is as follows: String url = "jdbc:db2:sample"; String driver = "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2XADataSource"; String dbuser = "db2u...

Catalog non-db2 database on db2-udb
Can it be done? If yes, how so? Go to the online information center: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8//index.jsp and do a search on: federated databases Phil Sherman rdudejr wrote: > Can it be done? If yes, how so? > ...

Attunity Connect and DB2-Database
We have a problem with Attunity-Connect (Vers. 3.4.02) and a DB2-Database on a Win-2K-Server. We connect our Tandem (K-Series) via Attunity and a DB2-Driver to a DB2-Database. All via Tandem selected Decimal-Values from the DB2-Database are damaged. The results are like "<.??" or ">-<<?" and so on. Is there anyone with Attunity-Experience who have an idea how to find a solution? Reg. Peter Hi, I am not familiar with the product. But what is the character set used in Win2K DB2. Is it ASCII too or EBCDIC? It could be the A-C trying to translate from ASCII...

Copying my DB2 database connections
I've been setting up a large number of DB2 databse connections, and now need to clone them on to other systems. I'd used the Client Configuration Assistant to export the set (Marked all entries that need to be duplicated, then selected Export, then All, then OK, specified an SPF file in the shared drive. Everything looked OK on the export side. Went to the other system and tried to import the set -- nothing. NO errors, NO connections. What other routes can be followed to copy this data? ...

Web resources about - connection to db2 database through db2 client on windows slows down intermittently - comp.databases.informix

Ty Burr reviews “X-Men: Days of Future Past”: This is what the new Spider-Man movie should feel like.

The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently a Problem?
... interested in some LEED support. You can contact him at: victorprovenzano1@gmail.com The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently ...

LinkedIn Web site goes down intermittently
The social networking site suffered from at least two brief outages this morning.

Google Talk Having Issues, Working Intermittently - Geekosystem
Google Talk has been having issues all of this morning for the majority of users. The application's status dashboard notes a disruption starting ...

Village Post Office Intermittently Closed
Resignation prompts intermittent closure of post office at remote Alaska island village

MacBook Air & Pro Update 2.0 Available Intermittently
... Excerpt of Page / Article Apple released MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 on Thursday, but that update has only been accessible intermittently. ...

Kyle Smith: Intermittently brilliant Tarantino flick ‘Django Unchained’ rehashes ‘Inglourious Basterds’ ...
‘django Unchained” might have been a revelation in 2005. But after Quentin Tarantino and others have spent years spoofing ’60s and ’70s genre ...

Poor Little Rich Christian: Hulu’s Intermittently-Insightful “Rev.”
“First let’s say morning prayer. But let’s say it quietly, in case somebody here has got a hangover.” That’s from the first episode of Rev . ...

I-676 Will Be Closed Intermittently Over the Next Week
The Vine Street Expressway will be closed overnight — tonight and all next week — as part of a $64.8 million bridge replacement project.

Writing intermittently
Oh, readers. Is there anything I can say that will appease you? Thank you for the inquiries, the orders, and the pleading tones. I swear, I’m ...