database open Error -761 : INFORMIXSERVER does not match either DBSERVERNAME or DBSERVERALIASES.

Hello I have the following problem.

Due an old program limitation the size of the servername can no be
larger than 6 characters in the client and the server is a corporative
Database used by several sistems to the same server.

The client sqlhosts is:

pro699          onsoctcp        lrazu01         prod_699

And the server has:
prod_699        group   -       -               i=699
prod_699shm     onipcshm        lrazu01         prod_699shm
g=prod_699
prod_699tcp     ontlitcp        lrazu01         prod_699
g=prod_699

Is there any way to tell the client and the server that pro699
correspond to prod_699tcp,

Thanks

Carlos Perez
cgpp@hotmail.com
0
cgpp
10/9/2003 10:05:11 PM
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Carlos Perez wrote:

> Hello I have the following problem.
>
> Due an old program limitation the size of the servername can no be
> larger than 6 characters in the client and the server is a corporative
> Database used by several sistems to the same server.
>
> The client sqlhosts is:
>
> pro699          onsoctcp        lrazu01         prod_699
>

> And the server has:
> prod_699        group   -       -               i=699
> prod_699shm     onipcshm        lrazu01         prod_699shm
> g=prod_699
> prod_699tcp     ontlitcp        lrazu01         prod_699
> g=prod_699
>
> Is there any way to tell the client and the server that pro699
> correspond to prod_699tcp,
>
> Thanks
>
> Carlos Perez
> cgpp@hotmail.com

You can an ALIAS name to your database server (named pro699) by filling the DBSERVERALIAS entry in $ONCONFIG.
You'll have to setup server side $INFORMIXSQLHOSTS and restart the engine.

Regards

0
Fernando

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

ERROR: REINDEX DATABASE: Can be executed only on the currently open database.
I suspect there is something wrong because it takes 73s to delete a single line from a table whith 140 lines. So I tried to reindex the database: bash-2.05b$ postgres -P -O -D /var/lib/pgsql/data KakaoStats LOG: database system was shut down at 2004-04-11 19:55:10 BRT LOG: checkpoint record is at 7/9505D650 LOG: redo record is at 7/9505D650; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE LOG: next transaction id: 24438; next oid: 1850892 LOG: database system is ready POSTGRES backend interactive interface 1.307.2.1 2003/01/01 21:57:18 backend> reindex database KakaoStats ERROR: ...

open database from another database
I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like to automate the back-up of an Access application to a writeable CD drive. I've got the process of creating a folder on the CD with the back-up date done, and I can copy the database objects (there are four MDB files in total) to the CD. All of that works. Here's my problem: because Access databases cannot be copied when they are open, I need to have my CD writing code in a new MDB, and will need to launch the new CD writing MDB from within one of the existing databases. I've done this kind of thing before, but I don't have the slightest recollection on how I did it (used to be you had to do that kind of thing in order to compact/repair through automation). So, I give up. How do you launch Access from within Access??? Well this will do it: Dim i As Variant i = Shell("msaccess d:\persprop\CSCPP.mdb") Just put in your own db path. But this does come up with the warning that requires you to click to get into to the db (in 2003). If you know how to get by that I'd like to know. You could put the function in a macro and then close the db stat started the new one. Good luck Ira Solomon On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:17:10 -0500, Mike Easter <username@domain.com> wrote: >I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like >to automate the back-up of an Access application to a wri...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco Remco Groot Beumer wrote: > Hello, > > I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

Opening Another Database from WITHIN a Database
I have a database (2000.mdb) which links to my data tables (Data2000.mdb). The database has a Main Menu screen (not a switchboard - a custom one). I need to import records from 5 text files into the 5 different Tables in Data2000.mdb. Here was my plan: Create various Import specs in Data2000.mdb Create a Macro (in Data2000.mdb) which calls each of the specs sequentially. Place a button on the Main Menu (2000.mdb), which closes the current database (optional), opens Data2000.mdb, runs the Macro (Import Reg), then returns the user to the original Menu in the original database (200...

[News] Open Database License is Out, Topocad Uses Open Source FDO Database Connection

detect if database was opened to database window view
Hi All, Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' down, no form is loaded, the autoexec marco does not run so, where would one put such code that it would run? thanks bobh. bobh wrote: > Hi All, > > Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened > to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' > down, no form is loaded, the autoexec marco does not run so, where > would one put such code that it would run? > thanks...

how to find total open database links in a database?
and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more than 4, for each session or a instance. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: > and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work > for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more > than 4, for each session or a instance. No version number. No SQL so we can see what you are looking at. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) sorry, it's 8i. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: >...

How to open Form in different database from the current database
I have to program the button that will open a specific form in the different database. This second database currently has a macro called Autoexec that opens this Form when the database opens. I tried this code, but get error ("You cancelled the previous operation") when it executes line that I marked as (!!!): ********************************************** Dim objACC As New Access.Application DoCmd.SetWarnings False '-----------Open different database------------ Set objACC = GetObject("K:\Greeley_Surveys\PRAssessment\PR Assessment v14. mdb") objACC.DoCmd.RunMacro...

Error-Message when opening certain mails: "Cannot Open Web Navigator Database"
Hi there Since the we changed from R5 to R6.5.2 the users get the error "Cannot Open Web Navigator Database" when they open certain mails (I suppose this are lazy HTML mails). Does someone has a clue how to get rid of this error? Thanks for any help Beat Fl�ckiger -- Beat Fl�ckiger Notes Admin CLP mailto:b.flueckiger@death_to.spammers.fiveinfo.ch Mail filter in use - you figure it out Beat Fl�ckiger wrote: > Hi there > Since the we changed from R5 to R6.5.2 the users get the error "Cannot Open > Web Navigator Database" when they open certain ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Web resources about - database open Error -761 : INFORMIXSERVER does not match either DBSERVERNAME or DBSERVERALIASES. - comp.databases.informix