database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux

Please help!

I try to restore a database with ontape -r file_name like :
            $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape -r <<file_name

            file_name

The error that I get is  if the server is offline is :" Physical restore
failed - function read archive backup failed code 1 errno 2".

Has anyone any idea how do I have write the commad do or what environement
variables do I have to set for that the restore work properly?

Thans a lot,
Carmen

sending to informix-list
0
Carmen

"Carmen Constantinescu" <carmen@wylog.com> wrote in message

> Please help!
>
> I try to restore a database with ontape -r file_name like :
>             $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape -r <<file_name

>             file_name
>
> The error that I get is  if the server is offline is :" Physical restore
> failed - function read archive backup failed code 1 errno 2".

What are expecting << file_name to do?
Informix will try to restore the data from the device or file defined by the
TAPEDEV parameter in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/$ONCONFIG file.
So, if this is not set correctly, edit the $ONCONFIG file to set TAPEDEV to
file_name.

--
Neil Truby                t:01932 724027
Director                   m:07798 811708

0
Neil
1/7/2004 6:16:51 PM
something like

onstat -r <<EOF
EOF

should work, but I wouldn't use it on a production system

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
"Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message
> something like
>
> onstat -r <<EOF
> EOF
>
> should work, but I wouldn't use it on a production system

onstat -r would be quite safe on a production system.
I wouldn't use ontape on one though ...

0
Captain
1/7/2004 7:15:17 PM
Captain Pedantic wrote:

> "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message
> > something like
> >
> > onstat -r <<EOF
> > EOF
> >
> > should work, but I wouldn't use it on a production system
>
> onstat -r would be quite safe on a production system.
> I wouldn't use ontape on one though ...

OK,OK :-)

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
Mob: +44 7818 003457    #
www.oninit.com          #
0
Paul
1/7/2004 8:11:22 PM
"Andy Kent" <andykent.bristol@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Why ever would you want to run a cold restore unattended?
>
> Great laxative ...

  To create a reporting database once per week...

  Once all the ontape stuff is finished don't forget to

a)  Sit in a loop running onstat - and check the return
code each time.Wait for the server to reach quiescent
mode. This can take 45 mins.

b) onmode -m to move to Online mode.

Otherwise a reboot means another restore!

I had this working great for a customer a while back!

0
David
1/8/2004 12:41:13 AM
Why ever would you want to run a cold restore unattended?

Great laxative ...

"Carmen Constantinescu" <carmen@wylog.com> wrote in message news:<bthi4v$ujm$1@terabinaries.xmission.com>...
> Please help!
>
> I try to restore a database with ontape -r file_name like :
>             $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape -r <<file_name

>             file_name
>
> The error that I get is  if the server is offline is :" Physical restore
> failed - function read archive backup failed code 1 errno 2".
>
> Has anyone any idea how do I have write the commad do or what environement
> variables do I have to set for that the restore work properly?
>
> Thans a lot,
> Carmen
>
> sending to informix-list
0
andykent
1/8/2004 11:08:07 AM
andykent.bristol@virgin.net (Andy Kent) wrote in message news:<a3525a11.0401080308.64a1ed12@posting.google.com>...
> Why ever would you want to run a cold restore unattended?
>
> Great laxative ...
>

> "Carmen Constantinescu" <carmen@wylog.com> wrote in message news:<bthi4v$ujm$1@terabinaries.xmission.com>...
> > Please help!
> >
> > I try to restore a database with ontape -r file_name like :
> >             $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape -r <<file_name

> >             file_name
> >
> > The error that I get is  if the server is offline is :" Physical restore
> > failed - function read archive backup failed code 1 errno 2".
> >
> > Has anyone any idea how do I have write the commad do or what environement
> > variables do I have to set for that the restore work properly?
> >
> > Thans a lot,
> > Carmen
> >
> > sending to informix-list

We run cold restores all the time without being there. Every night in
fact. The reason is that we like to refresh a development environment
with the latest production data in case there is a problem in
production that is related to current data.

Here is what you need to do:

1) Make sure your informix environment variables are set correctly.
   $ONCONFIG, $PATH, INFORMIXDIR, and INFORMIXSERVER should all be
what they are when you run it interactively. (some of these may not be
since you are typing $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape, $INFORMIXDIR should be
in your PATH)

2) Make sure that your TAPEDEV variable is set correctly in the
corresponding ONCONFIG file.

I think you need to have a return for the load tape question so it
might need to read like below.

We use the same format but I always use:

ontape -r <<EOF

EOF

If this doesn't help post again and I'll find my script for this.
0
curtis

Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31
Hallo. I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or dbspace level. My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. Anybody may help me? Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical recovery. If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, then import it back to the primary instance. There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some manual intervention). Massoroto wrote: > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. IDS does not support database level archives and restores. The closest you can come is to isolate a database to one or more dedicated dbspaces, then with ontape you can perfo...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31
Which version of IDS 7.31 do you have? IDS doesnt have database-level backup/restore capability. I think you can do dbspace-level backup/restore with onbar. Thanks, Uday. "Massoroto" <alanmas@gmail.co m> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org owner-informix-li cc st@iiug.org Subject Database Backup/Restore using 09/16/2005 08:13 Informix IDS 7.31 AM Please respond to "Massoroto" Hallo. I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or dbspace level. My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. Anybody may help me? [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of graycol.gif] [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic28138.gif] [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of ecblank.gif] sending to informix-list ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #2
Hi, ontape (in older versions) has a limitation of 2 GB only if TAPEDEV is a file in the file system. If TAPEDEV is an actual tape device, then this restriction does not apply. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 17:11:49: > Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is > done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but > you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical > recovery. > > If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may > need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, > then import it back to the primary instance. > > There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum > TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning > multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some > manual intervention). sending to informix-list ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #3
Hi, - you can use dbexport/dbimport to tape device. See syntax for these utility commands. - using ontape you can not backup dbspaces separately. You can restore dbspaces separately, but with some restrictions. See manual "Backup and Restore Guide" for more info. - to backup dbspaces separately, you'd have to use ON-Bar. However, that requires configuration and setup of a Storage Manager (e.g. ISM). It has some restrictions also, mainly that you have to backup logical logs as well in order to do such backups and be able to restore them successfully. - there's no backing up of (separate) databases, neither with ontape nor with ON-Bar. - you can look into other utilities. Rather than onload/onunload (with the size of your databases) you may want to look into HPL (High Performance Loader) ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 15:13:38: > > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. > > My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a > problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. > > Anybody may help me? sending to informix-list ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Cannot put Server Online in Informix 7.31
Hi, I am workind with Informix (IDS) 7.31 under Solaris 8. I have problems to put an Informix Server Online. By showing the log messages it seems that there are a lot of problems: 10:05:41 semctl: errno = 22 10:05:41 semctl: errno = 22 10:05:41 PANIC: Attempting to bring system down 10:05:41 mtex.c, line 471, thread 7, proc id 595, No Exception Handler. 10:05:34 See Also: /INFORMIXDUMP/af.3efe9b4, shmem.3efe9b4.0 10:05:27 listener-thread: err = -27002: oserr = 0: errstr = : No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode. 10:05:27 (14) connection rejected - no calls allowed for sqlexec 10:05:12 listener-thread: err = -27002: oserr = 0: errstr = : No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode. 10:05:12 (13) connection rejected - no calls allowed for sqlexec 10:04:53 Action: Please notify Informix Technical Support. 10:04:53 Results: Exception Caught. Type: MT_EX_OS, Context: mem 10:04:53 Who: Session(1, root@oami2, 0, 239157272) Thread(7, main_loop(), e3ea018, 3) File: mtex.c Line: 471 10:04:53 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UD7 10:04:53 Assert Failed: No Exception Handler 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/plogicallog_2', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/pem_blob1_4', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/pem_blob1_3', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/plogicallog_2...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error in shared memory initialization". The following are the message recorded in the online.log: 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check system max shared memory segment size 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory 13:45:16 Cannot Rollforward from Checkpoint. 13:45:17 Informix Dynamic Server Stopped. 13:45:18 mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments After that, we ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

FW: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
Yes, the kernel settings must be correct - and also, did you create the symbolic links in /usr/lib for Informix ? -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Paul Watson Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 10:42 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct KW Foo wrote: > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". &...

Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
KW Foo wrote: > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". > > > The following are the message recorded in the online.log: > > 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. > 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. > 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check > system > max shared memory segment size > 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory more available shared memory...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2
Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing memory Verify with ipcs -m Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release notes ( if should not impact, but you never know) If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE -----Message d'origine----- De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 � : informix-list@iiug.org Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the /etc/system on the working server KW Foo wrote: > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > &g...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 > >Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing >memory > >Verify with ipcs -m > >Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release >notes >( if should not impact, but you never know) > >If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE > >-----Message d'origine----- >De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org >[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson >Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 >� : informix-list@iiug.org >Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > >Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the >/etc/system on the working server > >KW Foo wrote: > > > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > > > Regards, > > KW Foo > ...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

My GoD, ASCII 0 is NULL in my Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.24
My God, my God I have always read that an empty chain is not the same thing that a NULL value in SQL, and that a numeric 0 value is different to a NULL value in SQL. But with my Informix Server (Online Dynamic Server 7.24) when I insert a character ASCII 0 in a field CHAR(1), in fact I insert a NULL value !!!??? I cannot have a table where the primary key is a character, for example to link data to each ASCII character. :-( I have attempted the insert the ASCII 0 character (in a primary key) from an Informix-4GL program and also from a java program using the JDBC driver, but without success. Some idea ? Is this a bug of the database server ? Thanks in advance! ETHERMI wrote: > My God, my God Deities, especially undefined ones, are not usually invoked in this news group. Regrettably, the producers of IDS are all too human, as are the other denizens of this news group. > I have always read that an empty chain is not the same > thing that a NULL value in SQL, I'm not sure that there are any chains in SQL (beyond the shackles of backwards compatibility). > and that a numeric 0 value is different to a NULL value in SQL. Well, in a numeric context, that is undoubtedly true. > But with my Informix Server (Online Dynamic Server > 7.24) when I insert a character ASCII 0 in a > field CHAR(1), in fact I insert a NULL value !!!??? And in ISQL 2.00 and 2.10, and in Turbo 1.10.03, and in OnLine 4.00, ...

951: Incorrect password or user is not known on the database server in Informix 7.3
Hi. I recently booted the Informix IDS 7.31 server and after putting online the databases it appeared the message after acceding dbaccess: 951: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server Any idea? Thanks. For more information on the log file I get: 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server. System error = 13. 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! Massoroto wrote: > For more information on the log file I get: > > 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: > Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database > server. > System error = 13. > 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. > 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! > Which OS are you using? Are you sure everything is allright with user Informix? Can you logon? Are you sure your oninit's have the right permissions? System error 13 is "#define EACCES 13 /* Permission denied */" Regards... Which OS? Which OS version? Which IDS version? "Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!" Well that is pretty clear isn't it? ...

Trouble restoring 7.2.1 database into 7.4.2 database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C41DC9.42906D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have table defined as follows: create table vm_emailjob ( JobId serial not null, MessageId varchar(128) not null, Recipients bytea not null, SendTime bigint not null, QueuedTime bigint not null, RetryCount integer ...

Restore Informix Database Problem
I need to restore informix database(IDS 7.31 in Window NT4.0) from a backup tape. Below is my problem: 1. When I'm use warm restore 'ontape -r'. It's show the error as below: "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current blocksize is incorrect. Invalid Archive Tape." 2. When I'm use cold restore 'ontape -r'. It's show the error as below: "C:\INFORMIX\bin>ontape -r Please mount tape 1 on \\.\TAPE0 and press Return to continue ... When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current blocksize is incorrect. Physical restore failed - function read archive backup failed code -1 errno 0 Program over." I am not sure how to tackle the problem above. I have also make the 'TAPEBLK' for backup & restore in the same value <Eg: # System Archive Tape Device TAPEDEV \\.\TAPE0 # Tape device path TAPEBLK 20 # Tape block size (Kbytes) TAPESIZE 8192000 # Maximum amount of data to put on tape (Kbytes)> But the same error still occur. Any idea for what I can do? probably not however: if you have a linux machine where you can attach a tapedev to... try and dd the first bit of to a file eq dd if=<tapedev> of=somefile bs=<blocksize used when backup was created>k count=12 if you get an error you may try a different...

Web resources about - database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux - comp.databases.informix

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

8 Reasons to Consider Open-Source Databases for Your Business
Historically, costly commercial database systems dominated the data management landscape. But open-source database system adoption is growing ...