Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module

Hi everybody,
I have
Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11
on Red Hat Linux 9
perl  v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
DBI 1.42
DBD Informix 2003.04

After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I
finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database .
But after running the script several times (that only connects and
disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to
connect to any database
with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database
server
Restarting the server fix the problem but I can not afford that solution.

There are no strange messages on online.log :
Tue May 11 21:22:57 2004

21:22:57  Event alarms enabled.  ALARMPROG = '/opt/informix/etc/log_full.sh'
21:23:01  DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off)
21:23:01  Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11
21:23:02  Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized.
21:23:02  Physical Recovery Started.
21:23:02  Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored.
21:23:02  Logical Recovery Started.
21:23:05  Logical Recovery Complete.
        0 Committed, 0 Rolled Back, 0 Open, 0 Bad Locks

21:23:05  Dataskip is now OFF for all dbspaces
21:23:05  On-Line Mode
21:23:05  Checkpoint Completed:  duration was 0 seconds.

There are no opened sessions : onstat -g ses  (this is a development server)

Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11   -- On-Line -- Up 11:31:38 --
8888 Kbytes

session                                   #RSAM    total      used
id       user     tty      pid   hostname threads  memory     memory
30       root     -        0     -        0        8192       4884
8        root     -        0     -        0        8192       4884
7        root     -        0     -        0        16384      12612
6        root     -        0     -        0        8192       4884
4        root     -        0     -        0        16384      12612
3        root     -        0     -        0        8192       4884
2        root     -        0     -        0        8192       4884

onstat -l  :
Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11   -- On-Line -- Up 11:34:00 --
8888 Kbytes

Physical Logging
Buffer bufused  bufsize  numpages numwrits pages/io
  P-1  0        16       0        0        0.00%
      phybegin physize  phypos   phyused  %used
      10003f   500      286      0        0.00

Logical Logging
Buffer bufused  bufsize  numrecs  numpages numwrits recs/pages pages/io
  L-2  0        16       1        1        1        1.0        1.0
        Subsystem    numrecs  Log Space used
        OLDRSAM      1        32

address  number   flags    uniqid   begin        size     used    %used
10039324 1        U---C-L  37       100233        250      102    40.80%
10039340 2        U-B----  32       10032d        250      250   100.00%
1003935c 3        U-B----  33       100427        250      250   100.00%
10039378 4        U-B----  34       100521        250      250   100.00%
10039394 5        U-B----  35       10061b        250      250   100.00%
100393b0 6        U-B----  36       100715        250      250   100.00%

I checked with top and there is no process consuming memory or CPU.

I have investigated on the internet and found a couple of messages in cdi
with
the same problem, but there is no definitive solution  in then message's
complete thread.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=perl+informix+hang&hl=es&lr=&selm=ao3cqu%2
45ei%241%40terabinaries.xmission.com&rnum=1
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=perl+informix+hang&hl=es&lr=&selm=39A51785
..49E2A9D7%40bloomberg.net&rnum=3

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=es&lr=&threadm=39A51785.49E2A9D7%40bloomb
erg.net&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dperl%2Binformix%2Bhang%26hl%3Des%26lr%3D%2
6selm%3D39A51785.49E2A9D7%2540bloomberg.net%26rnum%3D3

What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help.