Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle

Hi,
I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here,
but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.

- Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file?

- In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole
database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert ,
insert ...), so
you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql
<file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there
is a
infdump direcorty)

- Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from
infomix to oracle?

Best Regards

Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Sven Anders wrote:

> Hi,
> I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here,
> but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.
>
> - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file?
>
> - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole
> database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert ,
> insert ...), so
> you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql
> <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there
> is a
> infdump direcorty)

dbexport

> - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from
> infomix to oracle?

dbexport?

--
Ciao,
The Obnoxious One

"Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo"
0
Obnoxio
10/16/2003 5:07:03 PM
> but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.

Hey - that's in my job description too !!

0
Mark
10/17/2003 2:34:41 AM
Mark Townsend wrote:

>> but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.
>
> Hey - that's in my job description too !!

And here's me thinking you didn't regard Informix as a valid database
platform any more...?