Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle

Hi,
I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here,
but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.

- Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file?

- In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole
database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert ,
insert ...), so
you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql
<file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there
is a
infdump direcorty)

- Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from
infomix to oracle?

Best Regards

Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH

Sven Anders wrote:

> Hi,
> I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here,
> but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.
>
> - Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file?
>
> - In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole
> database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert ,
> insert ...), so
> you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql
> <file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there
> is a
> infdump direcorty)

dbexport

> - Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from
> infomix to oracle?

dbexport?

--
Ciao,
The Obnoxious One

"Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo"
0
Obnoxio
10/16/2003 5:07:03 PM
> but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.

Hey - that's in my job description too !!

0
Mark
10/17/2003 2:34:41 AM
Mark Townsend wrote:

>> but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle.
>
> Hey - that's in my job description too !!

And here's me thinking you didn't regard Informix as a valid database
platform any more...?

--
Ciao,
The Obnoxious One

"Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo"
0
Obnoxio

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle
Hi Sven. Try the following command. dbexport <your database>. Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> ..unl is ASCII file ..sql is create table script. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >Reply-To: s.anders@digitec.de (Sven Anders) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle >Date: 15 Oct 2003 23:35:11 -0700 > >Hi, >I do not know much about informix. I have no running instance here, >but its my job to transfer data from informix to oracle. > >- Is there a tool to dump a whoole database into an ASCII file? > >- In mysql there is a tool called "mysqldump" which dumps the whole >database and create a file with sql statements (create, insert , >insert ...), so >you can transfer the whole database with mysqldump >file.sql and mysql ><file.sql. Is there such a tool in informix? (I have seen that there >is a >infdump direcorty) > >- Is there a good way or a (cheap) tool to transfer a database from >infomix to oracle? > >Best Regards > >Sven Anders, Digitec GmbH _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #3
Hi Mark. >>Then creating current directry <your database.dbs> > >I think you mean it creates a directory called <your database>.exp. Yes, thanks. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 _________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail sending to informix-list ...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Database Toolbox
I need to connect a MATLAB application I am writing to an Oracle database (both 10 and 11) to acquire data from the tables stored there. While I am experienced in MATLAB, I have no prior experience with working with databases, however, I have read a few of the other posts on the MATLAB newsgroup regarding subject. I would like confirm how to connect to an Oracle database. I know that the connection command for the database toolbox is: conn = database('<Database Instance>','<username>,'<password>','oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver','jdbc:or...

How to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database?
Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle database,but i don't know hot to do that, somebody can help me? Probably you are thinking that this doesn't makes sense, but I need to pass some info(each 3 months) from a Oracle database(a very large database) to a MySQL database (a lot smaller database). Thank you in advance. abelito_morelos@terra.com (The Magus) wrote in message news:<867afc1b.0401121252.7a7dfa67@posting.google.com>... > Well,actually i need to synchronize a MySQL database with a Oracle > database,but i don't know hot to d...

Add database to existing oracle database
Hi experts, I am new in oracle.I migrated one database from ms-access to oracle 9i using oracle migration utility on my local machine.But now i need to add this oracle database from my local machine to existing main database oracle 8i on main server.Pls. tell how i can add this database from my machine to main server. I think i can use export/import utility.But i never used this utility before, pls. tell what should i need to do.And if export/import is good way to migrate database pls. explain me in steps. I'll really appreciate your kind help. Pls. reply me soon, it's urgent!!! Tha...

is OCI API for accessing Oracle database, and Oracle RAC (database cluster) same or different?
Hi, My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my application? Thanks in advance, Ramakrishna. On 14 Jun 2006 23:41:29 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My application uses OCI to access Oracle database. >Now, I came to know about the Oracle RAC failover kind of >configuration. Is OCI API for accessing an Oracle cluster is same or >different? Is my existing application works well with a cluster (taking >the advantage of failover) or do I need to do any changes in my >application? > >Thanks in advance, >Ramakrishna. It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Sybrand Bakker wrote: > > It makes no difference, unless the instance parameters are different. > > -- > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thanks for giving reply on this. Can you please elaborate your response. Is Instance parameters mean Global Database Name, user name and password? Thanks, Ramakrishna. On 15 Jun 2006 01:37:28 -0700, "RamaKrishna Narla" <rknarla@gmail.com> wrote: > >Sybrand Bakker wrote...

Establishing connection from Oracle Database to DB2 database
Hi, Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on the same. Waiting for reply. Its critical umeshchoudhary@gmail.com (U C) wrote in news:d06590c8.0504252348.71a5c6f8@posting.google.com: > Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database to DB2 database > oracle is on unix and DB2 is on AS400. Please guide me step by step on > the same. > > Waiting for reply. Its critical > use PERL between the two DBs. >Hi, > Can any one help me in connecting oracle database...

Hello, I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? So, what is the correct syntax ? Thanks for your help Cyril "Cyril" <jewelk@free.fr> wrote in message news:cd38c3d6.0408100617.6f7b9f3e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I need to copy a table from an 8i oracle database to a sqlserver 2000 database. > > Is it possible to use the command "COPY FROM ... TO ..." ? > So, what is the correct syntax ? > > > Thanks for your help > &...

Can I use an O8 database as a transit database between a O9 and an O7 database?
Hi all, We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do an insert from the O9 database over a database link into the O7 datawarehouse database, but this is not supported. Then I did the following: - create a dblink in the O9 database to a O8 database - create a dblink in the O8 database to the O7 database - create a synonym in the O8 database to the desired table in the O7 database - create a synonym in the O9 database to the synonym in the O8 database Now in the O9 database I inserted a record into the synonym, which indeed resulted in a record in the O7-table. Would it be a sensible solution to use an O8 database as a transit database in this way? Jaap. yes "Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk.removethis@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:7fm4b05a4mbbb4jub1urin1j163jjsc7vg@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > We will gradually migrate our application data from a O7 database to a > new O9 database. The application data is also written to an O7 > datawarehouse via a database link. In the intermediate period data has > to be written to the O7 datawarehouse db from the old O7 application > db and also from the new O9 database. I did a test to see if could do >...

Web resources about - Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle - comp.databases.informix

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

DB Networks Launches Real-Time Database Security Sensor
By integrating this sensor into their products, security OEMs provide their customers with more usage detail and metrics from data-tier cyber ...