Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server

Dear All,

I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a
similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working.

I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3.

Informix NT (7.31)
Informix AIX (7.xx)

I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command

SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog'

I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as
informix from the NT server.

I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and
execute the procedure.

I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed
                            127 No Primary Key

I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The
/tmp/mylog file is created but with no values.  Even if I replace it
with an echo hello command I get an empty file.

Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment
variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system.

In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still
didn't work.

 Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the
procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick
0
nick_lomax

Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work??

try:

SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env  2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile";
-- check what is in nonexistingfile
or

SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env  2>&1) > /dev/null";

Superboer.

nick_lomax@uk.ibm.com (Nick Lomax) wrote in message news:<33951daa.0410200602.4eb541ee@posting.google.com>...
> Dear All,
>
> I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a
> similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working.
>
> I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3.
>
> Informix NT (7.31)
> Informix AIX (7.xx)
>
> I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command
>
> SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog'
>
> I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as
> informix from the NT server.
>
> I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and
> execute the procedure.
>
> I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed
>                             127 No Primary Key
>
> I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The
> /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values.  Even if I replace it
> with an echo hello command I get an empty file.
>
> Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment
> variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system.
>
> In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still
> didn't work.
>
>  Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the
> procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Nick
0
superboer7

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
I have this tables: create table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements ( menuid NVARCHAR(128) not null, caption NVARCHAR(255), type NCHAR(1), address NCHAR(2048) ) extent size 32 next size 32 lock mode row; alter table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements add constraint primary key (menuid) constraint pk_corporatemen269; from .net with odbc data provider i try: String sql =3D "INSERT INTO CorporateMenuElements (MenuId, Caption, Type, Address) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"; DbCommand cmd =3D DB.GetSqlStringCommand(sql); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "MenuId", DbType.String, menuId); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Caption", DbType.String, caption); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Type", DbType.String, type); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Address", DbType.String, address); Int32 mustBeOne =3D DB.ExecuteNonQuery(cmd); I get: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException was unhandled Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en Sys...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Informix Upgrade Optons for an ancient Informix system
Ok, So I stumbled onto some Informix work! yay! I got a call for help from someone who owns a rather ancient system: SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC7A But it's not just any ancient system, it's been hacked...it's a Sun box that has been rootkit'd. They did a good job of hosing up the system, but Informix is still running. Unfortunately I can't use ps -ef to even see what is running, they hosed up most of the commands necessary to monitor the system. This is an ancient system, most of the work was done in the early 1990's, and the system has been on autopilot for these past 15 years for the most part until this past week or so, when things started breaking. I discovered the rootkit by looking at the history list of the last root login, when I couldn't run ps. It appears to be a hit-n-run, they found nothing, and left the system basically unusable. The system is so unusable it will be better to reformat the hard drives and reinstall the OS. But whoever installed Informix did a good job setting it up. Reminds me of a long time ago... Anyway...the client has a plethora of 4GL programs, and using RDS, not compiled. Much of the code looks like it was generated, and modified slightly, all lower-case. It's an accounting application, but not 4Gen ( thank god ). They have indicated that they would be agreeable to moving to a Linux machine, if we can...

.NET TransactionScope -> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
Hi using Microsoft Enterprise Library Data access App Block i have this code using (TransactionScope scope =3D new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { Database db1 =3D new GenericDatabase( ConnStringBuilder.ConnString, OdbcFactory.Instance); String sql1 =3D "insert into test_text values (51, 'holas1')"; db1.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType.Text, sql1); scope.Complete(); } The ExecuteNonQuery causes this exception: No se control=F3 System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.TransactionScopeConnections.GetCo= nnection(Database db) en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnect...

Re: Informix Upgrade Optons for an ancient Informix system
There is an open source Informix compatible 4GL - if you're interested... (It also works quite well with Postgres :-) On Wednesday 13 July 2005 12:18, Data Goob wrote: > scottishpoet wrote: > > Might be able to get a Linux/Informix package deal from IBM. They were > > running some prgrammes toward the end of last year, not sure if they > > are still running. > > Thanks, > > I'll ask my IBM reseller, who is right down the street. Very surprised > to see the pricing for 4GL, I would have expected this to go Open Source > by now, but evidently they must still have a lot of customers to sell to > who need it. > > -DG- -- Mike Aubury sending to informix-list ...

AIX informix select on a other AIX system
Hi I'm logged in on a aix system. And I have an other aix system with a Informix DB. How can I make a selct on this aix system with the db??? What is the syntax? Can I make it with a script??? Because I will save the query return in a file... Best regards gleys wrote: > I'm logged in on a aix system. And I have an other aix system with a > Informix DB. > How can I make a selct on this aix system with the db??? What is the > syntax? Can I make it with a script??? Because I will save the query > return in a file... You have many options, but the majority start with the installation of at least I-Connect or possibly ClientSDK on the machine where you want to do the work. This is the software that permits you to connect to IDS databases - whether on the local machine or on remote machines. With that in place, you can then decide which options you want to pursue further. * Write your own access code. * Use SQLCMD from the IIUG Software Archive http://www.iiug.org/software (note: I wrote it; unbiassed views improbable). * Use Perl + DBI + DBD::Informix from CPAN http://www.cpan.org/ (note: I wrote DBD::Informix; unbiassed views improbable). * use Python + InformixDB (not sure of capitalization) from SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/informixdb) (No, I didn't have anything to do with writing this one). * Use Tcl/Tk and ISQLTcl from SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/isqltcl). ...

get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Hi I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected to the database using Visula Basic 6. When l build a string for example SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. When l try to load data to a table : SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" or SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Thanks in advance Umesh "Umesh" <commbtp@lineone.net> wrote in message news:90d5e433.0412190429.d03c7fb@posting.google.com... [CLIPPED] > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. > LOAD FROM is *not* a SQL statement! It is a feature (extension) of dbaccess utility and maybe some others. Gorazd ...

Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
Hi everybody, I have Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 on Red Hat Linux 9 perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi DBI 1.42 DBD Informix 2003.04 After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . But after running the script several times (that only connects and disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to connect to any database with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database server Restarting the server fix the problem but I can not...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we rest...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Umesh wrote: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Yes, LOAD & UNLOAD are not SQL commands. They are built-in commands for tools like dbaccess, but not part of the SQL language. Cheers, -- Mark. +----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+ | Mark D. Stock mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |//////// /| | http://MydasSolutions.com |///// / //| | +-----------------------------------+//// / ///| | |We value your comments, which have |/// / ////| | |been recorded and automatically |// / /////| | |emailed back to us for our records.|/ ////////| +----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+ sending to informix-list ...

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

unixODBC connection to Informix db
I get the following error [informix@kylie bin]$ ./isql -v pic2 [S1000][unixODBC][Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Client host or user informix@localhost.localdomain is not trusted by the server. [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect [informix@kylie bin]$ I am logged on as user informix. I am on the same machine as the database and datasource. Does anyone have any ideas? Note I have 64bit IDS and the datasource is using 32bit libraries Hi, Can you possbile rlogin without password ? ie) Good case [tsutoo@urraco ~]% rlogin cspc08 Last login: Thu Jul 20 10:36:16 from tky019 [tsutoo@cspc08 ~]% Bad case [tsutoo@urraco ~]% rlogin cspc08 Password: If you will see "Password:" prompt, add your machine in $HOME/.rhosts. Then try again. Just my $0.02. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. >From: "kjuliff@gmail.com" <kjuliff@gmail.com> >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: unixODBC connection to Informix db - user informix not trusted >byserver >Date: 19 Jul 2006 14:42:17 -0700 > >I get the following error > >[informix@kylie bin]$ ./isql -v pic2 >[S1000][unixODBC][Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Client host >or user informix@localhost.localdomain is not trusted by the server. >[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect >[informix@kylie bin]$ > >I am logged on as user informix. > >I am on the same machine as the database and datasource....

Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales
Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-) No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out. DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off apparently...."). Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple. Mark Scranton Informix 1995-2006 Double Echo wrote: > Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions......

Web resources about - Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server - comp.databases.informix

Self-executing rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The self-executing rule , also known as " deem and pass ", is procedural measure used by the U.S. House of Representatives to approve legislation. ...

Saudi Arabia condemned for executing prominent Shiite cleric on terrorism charges
Saudi Arabia executes a prominent Shiite Muslim cleric alongside dozens of al-Qaeda members, stirring a rise in sectarian tensions across the ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing two Russian 'spies'
Executions of captives by the Sunni Muslim militants of the Islamic State have become grimly commonplace, but a newly surfaced video featured ...

Parramatta shooting: police leave empty-handed after executing search warrant at mosque
Police executed a search warrant at a Parramatta mosque overnight as part of their investigations into the fatal shooting on Friday of a civilian ...

US states having trouble executing their citizens
Despite a Supreme Court ruling allowing a controversial drug to be used for lethal injections in Oklahoma, death-penalty states are finding it ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing 'Russian spies'
Islamic State releases video that purports to show a young boy executing two men accused of working for Russian intelligence.

Boko Haram executing elderly in northeast Nigeria
Islamic extremists in northeast Nigeria are turning their guns on elderly people, killing more than 50 this week in a new tactic that has instilled ...

New iOS security exploit lets apps read users’ information by executing unsigned code
Security expert Charlie Miller has found a flaw in code signing on iOS devices (via Forbes) that allows developers to sneak malware apps onto ...

Law Journal Apologizes For Article About Executing Law Professors, Professor Resigns
Insane law review article prompts professor's resignation... but how did he get hired in the first place?