file permissions on files created with lotofile

when using lotofile the files created (on linux)
get permissions 600 owned by informix:informix.
this prohibits scenarios where for example a web server
will be able to read these files by being in the same group
as the directory, with group sticky bit on, where these files
get created. normally the sitcky bit would make sure the file
created in that directory would be accessible by members
of the same group. the functions neither follows permissions
as set by umask during server startup.

1. can these permissions be controlled through informix?
2. any suggestions for above mentioned scenario?

any help appreciated
regards
hoyte swager

linux 2.4
ids 9.4

0
Hoyte

mySQL DB Database to HTML files (automatically create multiple static html files from a database)
i need automatically create html files from a mysql db can be locally on in the server. any idea? thank for any help fhelik wrote: > i need automatically create html files from a mysql db can be locally > on in the server. any idea? "mysql --xml" outputs in XML format. You can then filter using an XSLT template to produce your HTML files. See http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTutorial/Books/Book1/index.html for a tutorial on XSLT. Regards, Bill K. Bill Karwin wrote: > fhelik wrote: > > i need automatically create html files from a mysql db can be locally > > o...

How to create a .TPS Topspeed database file from .DAT file
Hi, Can anyone just guide me How to create a .tps Topspeed database file from a .dat file. I have Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition for developement. And I don't know whether generating a .tps file from .dat file feature is readily available with it. Please do help me as I have got struck with this... If at all I need to download any tools from anywhere Please let me know... Thanks in advance... - John You would need to make a conversion program, you can use the dictionary sinchronizer to make the conversion program for you... read on the Clarion Documentation. "johndasagreen...

setting default file permissions for every file created
Hi Not sure if this is the right group for this questions, so apologies in advance. My problem is that I have a small 3 Mac network set up, and I want to have a central file server on one of the machines, so that any file created on any machine can be accessed, modified and saved without having 3 copies of it floating around. I have set up the network so all mahines can see the folder I wish to use and I have created a group with each user in it, using sharepoints, allowing the R&W permission for that folder. But as soon as I create a file (say a word doc) it is given only read only pe...

Create a file handler to allow more permission checking on files open?
Hi, Is there a way to (with the win32 api) create a file handler which will detect when a user is attempting to open a file and then write some code to do some business rule checks and set the files permissions and then continue with the opening process? I know that I can use HTTP file handlers in .net but this is only for a web site I want this to be for all files... anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Scott <scott.pyke@midware.com.au> wrote in message news:1106012854.411022.312280@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to (with the win32 api...

I create .nsf files but .id files are not created
Hi Guys, I 'm a complete noob .. but have experience with Active Directory... like I said .. I look at the data file no .id files but I can see the .nsf files.. odd... I can use my web mail .. not .. LAN. Thanx, ver. 6.5 Al mroscarhernandez@gmail.com wrote: > Hi Guys, > I 'm a complete noob .. but have experience with Active Directory... > like I said .. I look at the data file no .id files > but I can see the .nsf files.. odd... I can use my web mail .. not .. > LAN. > > Thanx, ver. 6.5 > > Al > You might have chosen to put...

Write to text file. Append to existing file. Create file if file doesn't exist.
Hi folks, &nbsp; up to LabVIEW 7 there was a wonderful "Write to Text&nbsp;File" vi which allowed the option "Append to File". Now, in LabVIEW 8, this old vi is not longer supported anymore. Instead, I am suggested to use a new "Write to Text File" vi. This vi does not offer the option "Append to File" anymore. Rather it is proposed in the online help that one should use the "Set File Position" in order to append text to the file. This much less straightforward than the old solution. Furthermore, I miss an option which would create the ...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

File permissions
Hi, I traced a problem on a friend's computer, XP SP2 Home, to a single file which somehow has no owner. His mail reader (eudora) can't read it and crashes, and I can't delete the file. Is there a way to log in as root or administrator on XP Home? If I boot up from a floppy, BartPE CD, etc., will I be able to delete the file or change owners? Any suggestions? I'm afraid he lives in another state and isn't comfortable with computers, so I can't give you too many details, but any suggestions or ideas on where to look would be appreciated. T...

Create Files/ Upload Files
Hi Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and then upload some files to that newly created folder? But before we create the file check that an existing file does not already exist and then upload the files to the newly created directory. Thanks Baka On Jun 26, 7:49 am, abhm <bak...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the f...

Create DBase V File, OR FoxPro 6.0 Database File Using Visual Basic
I have searched around Google and other areas for any examples on how to create a DBase V file using code. No Luck. Got some information like you can use CreateDatabase function but no real examples. Can anyone provide me with an example on how to create a DBase V file OR a FoxPro 6.0 Database file through code? I also would need to index fields in code. Finally how to attach to the table that was just created and be able to utilize the index that was created. The more specific the better. Thanks for the helping hand. ...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

How to create PC File Description File(.FDF) for Client Access file transfer utility?
Hello Friends, I want to know how can i create PC File Description file (.FDF) that we give in File Transfer Utility of Client Access, while transfering any file from PC to AS400. What are the parameters of .FDF file and how can i create one to describe my PC file that is to be transfered? I would be grateful if you can guide me to some manual in which i can get this. Thanks in Advance for yr help in this regard. kind regards, Umer Assuming the file exists on the as400, use CA to download the file first and select create FDF option. If not, download any file and select FDF and loo...

What is better /standard for creating files. a cpp file with header or cpp and seperate file for header
Hello, after class, I checked the website and found that most class members had put the header inside of the cpp file. I usually create a seperate file for each. Which is better?? and if you put them in one file, the #endif goes at the end of the header part right?? Thanks for any responses. never mind, i just read a real good explanation of this in the c++ programming language. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:24:36 GMT, DrUg13 <livefast@dieyoung.com> wrote: >Hello, after class, I checked the website and found that most class >members had put the header inside of the cpp file. I...

File format of *.bin files created on the save('some file name') function call
Hi, I would like to know what the file format convention is for the *.bin files that can be loaded in to the SciLab environmnet and contain the named matrices save from a previous session. I am hoping to save to this format from another environment. Regards Simon Unfortunately this is not documented. There was a discussion about this point some time ago: http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.soft-sys.math.scilab/browse_thread/thread/de3a5ee559ab20ac/ec09f78bd6553a89 Francois "Yoz" <yoz@f2s.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1127422541.931105.72060@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know what the file format convention is for the *.bin > files that can be loaded in to the SciLab environmnet and contain the > named matrices save from a previous session. > > I am hoping to save to this format from another environment. > > Regards > > Simon > On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:55:49 +0200, Francois Vogel wrote: > Unfortunately this is not documented. Now it is. Help save_format in today's cvs. Enjoy... Enrico ...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

create a zip file with existing files in it
I try the zip example described in the doc. It worked that way. But now I want to add existing files to a new created zip. first the code <code> void OBApp::Test () { wxFFileOutputStream out(_T("C:\\test.zip")); wxZipOutputStream zip(out); wxTextOutputStream txt(zip); // ?? wxFileInputStream strFile("C:\\autoexec.bat"); wxString sep(wxFileName::GetPathSeparator()); zip.PutNextEntry(_T("C:\\autoexec.bat")); txt << _T("Some text for entry1.txt\n"); zip.PutNextEn...

How do I create a mex file from my C File?
I have this program and I need to make it a mex in matlab, how do you do it? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <ctype.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char text [100]; //Declare a File Pointer FILE *file_ptr; //Open the log file file_ptr=fopen("BlackHostLog.txt", "r"); //Test if(file_ptr != NULL) { printf("BlackHostLog.txt opened.\nContents:\n"); //Read the text int passed=0; while(fgets(text, 100, file_ptr)!=NULL && !passed) { printf("%s", text); passed=strstr(text, "Sending B...

create RTF file from ASCII file
Hi SAS Users I have recently faced the problem: I had to create RTF file from ASCII file with the following specifications: 1. Landscape orientation 2. Left margin=1.1in 3. Right margin=0.5in 4. Top margin=1in 5. Bottom margin=0.5in 6. Font=SAS Monospace 7. Font size=8 8. Space between lines=exactly 7.6pt 9. Once RTF file is opened in MSWord it should look like MSWord document, but not MSWord table (with columns and rows) It seems like ODS RTF cannot accomplish exactly what I needed. However it is possible if RTF file is build "manually". Here is the code: file...

How to create an archive with files from a list in a file ?
I have a file "mylist.txt" where all files are listed which should be added to the new archive. For this add operation I used the command line interface for either rar resp. 7zip. In both cases the compression programs do NOT recognize files with embedded blanks successfully. Is there another way to add these files (with blanks in their filenames). Do I really have to replace each line in the list by enclosing double quotes? I guess there must be an option in each of the compression programs to treat a complete line as ONE file name. I used: start /LOW /B /WAIT C:\tools\rar a -tzi...

How to create a .a ( archive ) file from multiple .a files
I m using HP UNIX I wanted to make a single archive file from multiple .a files by pulling in all the .o modules contained within each of these .a files. Thanks --sony sonyantony@hotmail.com writes: > I wanted to make a single archive file from multiple .a files by > pulling in all the .o modules contained within each of these .a files. And what is stopping you from doing that? mkdir tmp.$$ && cd tmp.$$ && ar x ../libfoo.a && ar xv ../libbar.a && ar r ../libcombined.a *.o && cd .. && rm -rf tmp.$$ Cheers, -- In order to unde...

Create an executable file from .m file
Hello, I'm beginner user on MatLab. I need to create an executable file from a .M file created in Matlab, to solve some linear systems equations. Is it possible, to create to run by a dosprompt, for example? Thanks Best Regards Rog�rio Carrasqueira Yes it is possible if you have the Matlab Compiler. If you have it available it is simply a matter of compiling the m file using 'mcc'. Look it up in the help files. ...

Copying Files and retaining File Permission
Hi, I need to transfer files from ServerA to ServerB. ServerA is the domain controller, and ServerB is the Additional domain controller in the same domain. What is the easiest way to do this? There are folders with ACL granted to domain users. Server A - Windows 2000 Server Server B - Windows 2003 Server Domain - linx.local If I use traditional way to transfer files, it will lose all the permission, and stop halfway if the file is in use. Any software to skip file in use during copy and report the files in log files? I have heard of RoboCopy. Is it useful in this situation, and any guides ...

How to create a bst file from sty file?
Hi, Is it possible to create the bst file from the sty file? Thank you Hesh wrote: > Hi, > Is it possible to create the bst file from the sty file? > Thank you No. What are you trying to do? -- Joseph Wright On 2008-08-18 05:12:12 +0200, Hesh <heltaher@gmail.com> said: > Hi, > Is it possible to create the bst file from the sty file? Not exactly sure what you mean. A .bst file is written in its own language which has nothing to with LaTeX and serves a different purpose. The two document types have nothing in common. Simon On Aug 18, 1:48 am, Simon Spiegel <si.....

how to create avi file from mpeg file
hello guys, i would like to create an avi file in matlab from mpeg file. Could anyone help me on this? thanks ya. ...

Web resources about - file permissions on files created with lotofile - comp.databases.informix

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Tests Allowing Users To Start Games Instantly, Bypass Permissions Dialog
Facebook game developers Zynga , Kixeye , and Electronic Arts reached agreements with Facebook to test a new “start now” feature, that allows ...

Why is the Messenger app requesting permission to access features on my Android phone or tablet? - Facebook-Hilfebereich ...
If you install the Messenger app on your Android, your phone or tablet should let you know that the app is asking for your permission to access... ...

Permissions Reference - Facebook-Entwickler
When a user authenticates your application, by default, your app gets the ability to read only the u...

Facebook tests ‘start now’ option to allow users to begin playing games without authorizing permissions ...
Some Facebook canvas games are testing a new “start now” function to let users begin playing games immediately without the roadblock of a permissions ...

OOPS: without Permission, Paul Ryan and Family Show Up Washing Clean Dishes at Ohio Soup Kitchen - YouTube ...
The head of a charity in Ohio is not pleased with Paul Ryan's photo op at a soup kitchen in Ohio, saying that the Romney campaign "ramrodded ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

LeBron James sought sons' permission before his return to Ohio
Before LeBron James could return home to the Cavaliers, he first had to clear it with his children.

Jacqui Lambie shares another misappropriated image without permission
Senator Jacqui Lambie has been criticised for sharing a heavily altered Canberra Times cartoon to suit her own political campaign.