How to connect a informix database from my console

Hello,
i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local
database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it.
Can you help me.

I want to select some data to a text file ...

thanks a lot

Franck
0
info

info@epms-le-littoral.org wrote:
> Hello,
> i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local
> database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it.
> Can you help me.
>
> I want to select some data to a text file ...

Why do you think you have to use isql? dbaccess should be sufficient:

$ echo "unload to 'out.unl' select * from sometable"|dbaccess somedb

HTH,

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Connecting to Informix Database with PHP
Hi All: Using PHP, how do I connect to an Informix database using an ODBC connection string like this: "Dsn='';Driver={INFORMIX 3.30 32 BIT};Host=hostname;Server=myserver;Service=service-name;Protocol=olsoctcp;Database=mydb;UID=username;PWD=myPwd Thanks in advance. ...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database
Hi, I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e. 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login AND 1162373168 would be 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout) Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you do a small stored procedure,...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). ...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Informix ESQL COBOL : how to connect to another database
The configuration that we are trying is the following: - RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.1 - Microfocus Server Express 5.1 - Informix Dynamic Server 11:50 The server has a database instance with the database "DbA"; We have another server on the network with another instance with a database "DbB"; from a cobol program, we need to work on the default local database DbA and perform a query (or other sql activity) on a database DbB on the remote server; the sql statement that we use and that works from dbaccess is as follows: select * from DbBServer@DbB1_tcp:table_arc...

Connecting to new database within Informix Instance
Informix 9.21.FC4 HPUX 11.0 Hello all, DFirstly I wish to thank eveyone who helped me populate the archive database on our Informix system. All went well over the last weekend and we now have a live and an Archive database within the same Informix instance. The problem I am now having is connecting to the new database. I have tried putting entries in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file and using the DBSERVERALIAS parameter within the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/onconfig file but all this did was prevent the Instance from coming up after a reboot, with the following error in the online.l...

Specify port no to connect to Informix Database through ODBC
Hi, I'm developing a socket program to connect to Informix database through the ODBC. In here i called my socket program as "tap" . My tap will listen for data from unix through port 1070. After checking of the data, tap will then insert the data to the informix database. I know we can point the tap to one specified port in Informix database through the services file. My question is how should i know to which port my tap program send out to the informix database or should i ask how should i specify one port to connect to the informix and lock that port from other process to use i...

setting up the connection pool in netbeans for informix database
Hello! I have trouble with setting up the connection pool for informix database in netbeans ide 6.0.1 I've found netbeans tutorial which explains how to set up the connection pool for mysql database. I followed the steps from tutorial,but it doesn't work for informix database. I have index.jsp page on which I have drop-down list which should be filled in with data dynamically. First error I've received was: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for: com.informix.jdbc.IfxDataSource" I've solved this by adding the ifxjdbcx.jar to my project's library. But, the second error I don't know how to handle: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException cannot be cast to java.sql.SQLException" This is the part of web.xml file: <resource-ref> <description>jdbc:informix-sqli://192.168.242.131:9088/ifxdatabase:INFORMIXSERVER=ifx01</description> <res-ref-name>jdbc/IfxDatabase</res-ref-name> <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type> <res-auth>Container</res-auth> <res-sharing-scope>Shareable&l...

specify port no to connect informix database through ODBC
Hi, I'm developing a socket program to connect to Informix database through the ODBC. In here i called my socket program as "tap" . My tap will listen for data from unix through port 1070. After checking of the data, tap will then insert the data to the informix database. I know we can point the tap to one specified port in Informix database through the services file. My question is how should i know to which port my tap program send out to the informix database or should i ask how should i specify one port to connect to the informix and lock that port from other process...

Web resources about - How to connect a informix database from my console - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.