  Sorry I am not an informix dba, and I was faced to copy a
sub-database(sorry I don't know the clear name of such concept, as
informix is like sql-server, which used multiple database) from one
informix database system to another informix database.
   I know in oracle, we can use transportable tablespace, copy the
datafile and transport the metadata, and do something else. How can I
do it in informix then? Is there document which talk about the detail
step?

Thanks
0
zhuchao

It would really help if you knew the versions of the Informix databases.

Assuming Informix IDS 7.x or IDS 9.x
If the two systems are binary compatible the fastest method is to use
onunload/onload. If the systems are not binary compatible the easiest
way is to use dbexport/dbimport.

Everything is well documented in the manual "IBM Informix Migration
Guide". This manual covers all Informix databases from Standard Engine
and Online to IDS and XPS. See http://www.ibm.com/informix/pubs

zhu chao wrote:
> Hi,
>   Sorry I am not an informix dba, and I was faced to copy a
> sub-database(sorry I don't know the clear name of such concept, as
> informix is like sql-server, which used multiple database) from one
> informix database system to another informix database.
>    I know in oracle, we can use transportable tablespace, copy the
> datafile and transport the metadata, and do something else. How can I
> do it in informix then? Is there document which talk about the detail
> step?
>
> Thanks
0
Claus
10/29/2004 7:57:06 AM
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:57:06 +0200, Claus Samuelsen
<csa@eye-bee-em.com> wrote:

>It would really help if you knew the versions of the Informix databases.
>
>Assuming Informix IDS 7.x or IDS 9.x
>If the two systems are binary compatible the fastest method is to use
>onunload/onload. If the systems are not binary compatible the easiest
>way is to use dbexport/dbimport.

Don't forget HPL.

>Everything is well documented in the manual "IBM Informix Migration
>Guide". This manual covers all Informix databases from Standard Engine
>and Online to IDS and XPS. See http://www.ibm.com/informix/pubs
>

>zhu chao wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Sorry I am not an informix dba, and I was faced to copy a
>> sub-database(sorry I don't know the clear name of such concept, as
>> informix is like sql-server, which used multiple database) from one
>> informix database system to another informix database.
>>    I know in oracle, we can use transportable tablespace, copy the
>> datafile and transport the metadata, and do something else. How can I
>> do it in informix then? Is there document which talk about the detail
>> step?
>>
>> Thanks

0
John

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

Using Objects from one database in another database
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on ...

Database variables when copying a database
Hi, When you do this: CREATE DATABASE test TEMPLATE master; It doesn't copy any per-database GUC variables, created by the ALTER DATABASE master SET var TO val; command. Should it? Chris ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings Anyone thought about this at all yet? Is it possible to have per-database variables that refer to the current database in someway that would need to be altered to refer to the new db? Chris Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote: > Hi, ...

open database from another database
I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like to automate the back-up of an Access application to a writeable CD drive. I've got the process of creating a folder on the CD with the back-up date done, and I can copy the database objects (there are four MDB files in total) to the CD. All of that works. Here's my problem: because Access databases cannot be copied when they are open, I need to have my CD writing code in a new MDB, and will need to launch the new CD writing MDB from within one of the existing databases. I've done this kind of thing before, but I don't have the slightest recollection on how I did it (used to be you had to do that kind of thing in order to compact/repair through automation). So, I give up. How do you launch Access from within Access??? Well this will do it: Dim i As Variant i = Shell("msaccess d:\persprop\CSCPP.mdb") Just put in your own db path. But this does come up with the warning that requires you to click to get into to the db (in 2003). If you know how to get by that I'd like to know. You could put the function in a macro and then close the db stat started the new one. Good luck Ira Solomon On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:17:10 -0500, Mike Easter <username@domain.com> wrote: >I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like >to automate the back-up of an Access application to a wri...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

To retrive a table from one database to and another database(same table)
hi i have emp table in one database , how to retrieve same table another database through query analizer give code ,,, Hi, use the three part notation: SELECT * FROM database.owner.Objectname (replace owner by schema for SQL2k5) HTH, Jens Suessmeyer. --- http://www.sqlserver2005.de --- Hi surya While the first database is "Current" as would result from: Use FirstDatabaseName select * from OtherDatabaseName..Emp -- -Dick Christoph "surya" <suryaitha@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142588469.061525.268810@u72g2000cwu.googlegr...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Using Objects from one database in another database #2
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on ...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Web resources about - How to copy a sun-database in one informix database to another informix database? - comp.databases.informix

Maryland state employee salary database reveals top-paid state employees - Baltimore Sun
Much has been made recently about proposed pay increases for some Maryland &rsquo;s politicians, but even the highest-earning elected officials ...

Sun Microsystems Announces MySQL Cluster 7.0 for Real-Time, Mission-Critical Database Applications
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ:JAVA) today announced MySQL(TM) Cluster 7.0, a major new release of its high-availability open source database ...

eWEEK Labs on IBM-Sun: Databases Would Feed Off Each Other
... while Sun Microsystems has MySQL. Will one trump the others? eWEEK Labs examines the overlap and synergies between IBM's and Sun's database ...

Search databases & directories from The Sun News in Myrtle Beach SC - MyrtleBeachOnline.com
Search local information from The Sun News and MyrtleBeachOnline.com databases and directories from around Myrtle Beach, SC and Horry and Georgetown ...

Database: Overtime in Palm Beach County, Sheriff's Office - Sun Sentinel
Get unlimited digital access. Try it now for ONLY $0.99. Local News Palm Beach County News Database: How much OT do Palm Beach County, PBSO employees ...

Database: Search for Illinois teacher and administrator salaries - Chicago Sun-Times
This searchable database contains job and salary information for teachers and administrators at every public school in Illinois from the 2010-11 ...

Techmeme: IBM backs database company EnterpriseDB, squares off against Sun (Matt Marshall/VentureBeat) ...
The web's technology news site of record, Techmeme spotlights the hottest tech stories from all around the web on a single page.

IBM backs database company EnterpriseDB, squares off against Sun
updated IBM has invested in open-source database company EnterpriseDB, part of the giant company's effort to hold its own in the fast growing ...

eWEEK Labs on IBM-Sun: Databases Would Feed Off Each Other
... while Sun Microsystems has MySQL. Will one trump the others? eWEEK Labs examines the overlap and synergies between IBM's and Sun's database ...

Database Concerns Fuel EC's In-Depth Probe of Oracle-Sun Deal
The European Commission, concerned about the impact of an Oracle-Sun merger on the database market, is opening an in-depth investigation into ...