how to disable a database

there are two database on a instance.

How to disable a database and left the other database enabled ?

It mean  that I won't allow a group of user to access the
specified database temporarily.
0
joe

--f46d0401f591e86f0f04d0b3042c

Revoke connect, resource, and dba priveleges from PUBLIC and all users
except user informix.

Art

Art S. Kagel
Advanced DataTools (www.advancedatatools.com)
Blog: http://informix-myview.blogspot.com/

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that my own opinions are my own opinions
and do not reflect on my employer, Advanced DataTools, the IIUG, nor any
other organization with which I am associated either explicitly,
implicitly, or by inference.  Neither do those opinions reflect those of
other individuals affiliated with any entity with which I am affiliated nor
those of the entities themselves.

nced DataTools (<a href=3D"http://www.advancedatatools.com" target=3D"_blan=
k">www.advancedatatools.com</a>)<br>

Blog: <a href=3D"http://informix-myview.blogspot.com/" target=3D"_blank">ht=
nd that my own opinions are my own opinions and do not reflect on my employ=
er, Advanced DataTools, the IIUG, nor any other organization with which I a=
m associated either explicitly, implicitly, or by inference.=A0 Neither do =
those opinions reflect those of other individuals affiliated with any entit=
y with which I am affiliated nor those of the entities themselves.<br>

an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:joeclhua@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">=
e" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

there are two database on a instance.<br>
How to disable a database and left the other database enabled ?<br>
It mean =A0that I won&#39;t allow a group of user to access the<br>
specified database temporarily.<br>

--f46d0401f591e86f0f04d0b3042c--
0
Art
12/13/2012 2:52:56 AM
Hello Joe,

i would use sysdbopen in this case
be careful and check the manual for this, there is an env var to
skip sysdbopen.

anyways:

create procedure "informix".sysdbopen()
end procedure:

create procedure "public".sysdbopen()
define mycount int:

select count(*) into mycount from superboerdoesnotexist:

end procedure;

this will cause an exception 206 and will not let you in.

hmm make sure superboerdoesnotexist is really not there

See you

Superboer.

Am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2012 02:58:06 UTC+1 schrieb joe:
> there are two database on a instance.
>
> How to disable a database and left the other database enabled ?
>
> It mean  that I won't allow a group of user to access the
> specified database temporarily.

0
superboer7