IBM To Sell Informix

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(AP) Armnonk, NY -- In what appears to be a complete reversal of fortune
for the beleagured database division of IBM known as Informix, IBM today
announced that they will indeed start marketing the entire product line of
database products under the Informix brand.  Officials laid out what
amounted to an actual marketing and sales strategy reminiscent of software
announcements and developer programs in the 1990's.

"We were very pleased with the decision to actually market Informix", said
an anonymous source close to the very top at IBM. "This will change everything,
because most database products out there are not capable of what the Informix
product line can do.  It will be an attractive alternative to other more
costly products out there, especially as the major financial markets tank.  We
think in this global market and current financial climate it will do extremely
well".  DB2 officals were not available for comment.

Others close to the Informix brand said that people can expect to start seeing ads
appearing in major trade magazines, online, and in Walmart stores, where Informix
will be sold and dispensed directly from an in-store kiosk.  Walmart is one of the
few companies actually interested in and using Informix, and has been instrumental
in its survival.  The kiosks will dispense the complete product for free, with
the option to pay for support if desired.  "We know we're in a minority, but hey,
we're big, and IBM likes big, officials said".  Informix will be shrink-wrapped
with recycled materials Microsoft and Oracle were rumored to have supplied
unwittingly.  IBM noted this was a stealth project for the past 10 years,
as new features and bugs were worked on.  "We sell no database before its time",
noted yet another anonymous IBMer. "Informix truly is the database with
invisibility built in.".

Informix, once at the top of the top of database products, all but disappeared
from the scene after IBM purchased the company almost 10 years ago.  Since the
purchase, few believed that it would ever be seen again.  Today that appears to
have changed.  "You will indeed see pigs fly", remarked one Informix developer
who did not wish to be identified.

Apple has also shown interest in making Informix available as a download on
iTunes.  There have also been rumors of an Informix calendar, complete with
the Informix cheerleaders, but this has not been substantiated.  IBM would not
comment on the cheerleaders other than to say that they are in talks at the
moment with American Idol and the producers of the TV show Lost.

IBM Senior executives were not available for comment.

--

IBM is a trademark of International Business Machines.
Informix is pwned by IBM.

InDeep

On Sep 21, 10:50=A0pm, InDeep <ind...@indeep.com> wrote:
> [...]
veloper
> who did not wish to be identified.
>
> Apple has also shown interest in making Informix available as a download =
on
> iTunes. =A0There have also been rumors of an Informix calendar, complete =
with
> the Informix cheerleaders, but this has not been substantiated. =A0IBM wo=
uld not
> comment on the cheerleaders other than to say that they are in talks at t=
he
> moment with American Idol and the producers of the TV show Lost.
>
> IBM Senior executives were not available for comment.
>
> --
>
> IBM is a trademark of International Business Machines.
> Informix is pwned by IBM.
> Walmart is a trademark too and spends big bux on IBM.

Even as a parity, you should be careful when you make a post like
this.
Just asked "You Screwed the Pooch Dex".
0
Ian

Really? I thought it was a parody.

--
Cheers,
Obnoxio the Clown

http://obotheclown.blogspot.com

0
Obnoxio
9/22/2008 12:00:20 PM
On Sep 22, 7:00=A0am, Obnoxio The Clown <obno...@serendipita.com> wrote:

> > Even as a parity, you should be careful when you make a post like
> > this.
>
> Really? I thought it was a parody.

Parity? Sorry, I posted before my morning coffee and the parity bit
flag was set to on. :-)

Yes, you are correct. a parody. But a poor one at that. Suppose that
it was actually picked up on a news report?

Did you see the one where Google picked up a 6 month old news story on
United Airlines which caused it stock to tank?

Sometimes there are certain jokes that should remain unsaid. ;-)
0
Ian
9/22/2008 1:59:24 PM
Ian Michael Gumby wrote:
> [...]
>> have changed.  "You will indeed see pigs fly", remarked one Informix developer
>> who did not wish to be identified.
>>
>> Apple has also shown interest in making Informix available as a download on
>> iTunes.  There have also been rumors of an Informix calendar, complete with
>> the Informix cheerleaders, but this has not been substantiated.  IBM would not
>> comment on the cheerleaders other than to say that they are in talks at the
>> moment with American Idol and the producers of the TV show Lost.
>>
>> IBM Senior executives were not available for comment.
>>
>> --
>>
>> IBM is a trademark of International Business Machines.
>> Informix is pwned by IBM.
>> Walmart is a trademark too and spends big bux on IBM.
>>
>> --
>
> Even as a parity, you should be careful when you make a post like

I thought the cheerleader part was a nice touch.  And using "beleaguered" was
too.  Informix was always beleaguered, and suffering... and and and invisible!

*<8o)

0
InDeep
9/22/2008 3:28:31 PM
On Sep 22, 6:59=A0am, Ian Michael Gumby <im_gu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 7:00=A0am, Obnoxio The Clown <obno...@serendipita.com> wrote:
> > > Even as a parity, you should be careful when you make a post like
> > > this.
>
> > Really? I thought it was a parody.
>
> Parity? Sorry, I posted before my morning coffee and the parity bit
> flag was set to on. :-)
>
> Yes, you are correct. a parody. But a poor one at that. Suppose that
> it was actually picked up on a news report?
>
> Did you see the one where Google picked up a 6 month old news story on
> United Airlines which caused it stock to tank?

Not 6 months - 6 years!

> Sometimes there are certain jokes that should remain unsaid. ;-)

-=3DJL=3D-
0
Jonathan
9/22/2008 4:31:02 PM
--_6619002a-d187-4d56-9349-d0fa75208293_

> From: jonathan.leffler@gmail.com> > Did you see the one where Google pick=
ed up a 6 month old news story on> > United Airlines which caused it stock =
to tank?> > Not 6 months - 6 years!>=20
Time is somewhat relative and subjective. =3B-)
=20
6 months=2C 6 years. No big difference when you look at the bigger picture.=
 =3B-)
=20
The point is that one should be careful when doing a parody.
=20
As to ID's point=2C yes=2C the user crowd is full of cheerleaders who don't=
 see the bigger picture.
=20
Instead of saying "but hey! what do I know"=2C I think I'll leave with this=
 tag line.
=20
"IDS - A product owned by IBM=2C yet IBM can not sell ..."
(How do you sell a product you know nothing about?)
=20
=20
-G
=20
Stay up to date on your PC=2C the Web=2C and your mobile phone with Windows=
 Live.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/=

--_6619002a-d187-4d56-9349-d0fa75208293_

<head>
..hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
<BR><BR>&gt=3B From: jonathan.leffler@gmail.com<BR><BR>&gt=3B &gt=3B Did yo=
u see the one where Google picked up a 6 month old news story on<BR>&gt=3B =
&gt=3B United Airlines which caused it stock to tank?<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B =
Not 6 months - 6 years!<BR>&gt=3B <BR><BR>
Time is somewhat relative and subjective. =3B-)<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
6 months=2C 6 years. No big difference when you look at the bigger picture.=
 =3B-)<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
The point is that one should be careful when doing a parody.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
As to ID's point=2C yes=2C the user crowd is full of cheerleaders who don't=
 see the bigger picture.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Instead of saying "but hey! what do I know"=2C I think I'll leave with this=
 tag line.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
"IDS - A product owned by IBM=2C yet IBM can not sell ..."<BR>
(How do you sell a product you know nothing about?)<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
-G<BR>
<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR><br /><hr />Stay up to date on your PC=2C the Web=2C and yo=
ur mobile phone with Windows Live. <a href=3D'http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/m=
snnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/' target=3D'_new'>See Now</a></body>

--_6619002a-d187-4d56-9349-d0fa75208293_--
0
Ian
9/22/2008 5:48:05 PM
> Yes, you are correct. a parody. But a poor one at that. Suppose that
> it was actually picked up on a news report?

Yeah suppose. People might actually see the product's name in print.

Perhaps you should make a video about it:
http://www.rootstelevision.com/players/player_dearlydeparted.php
--
Daniel A. Morgan
0

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). ...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. t...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales
Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-) No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she was product manager. They both were vetoed by the Preside...

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Informix
About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix Regards, Chavan Koya Someone needs to review the security as it appears to have been deleted by the time I got there:-)) Chavan Koya wrote: > > About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix > > Regards, > Chavan Koya -- Paul Watson # Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory Tel: +44 1436 672201 # Growing up is optional Fax: +44 1436 678693 # Mob: +44 7818 003457 # www.oninit.com # Paul Watson wrote: > Someone needs to ...

Informix
I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has anyone done this, or have any advice on how to proceed? -- Richard Seeder AApex Information Systems Richard, I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls made by sqlexecd. I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO, TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc. A bug has raised against ...

Washington Area Informix User Group Meeting - New Features in Informix IDS 11 - Cheetah by Carlton Doe, IBM
Washington Area Informix User Group meeting - Friday, June 29, 2007 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Folks, Mark the date! This should be an exciting meeting with a deep dive on the next version of Informix IDS - Cheetah by Carlton Doe, IBM, Informix Dynamic Server Specialist. Date: Friday, June 29, 2007, Time: 9:00-2:00pm Location: IBM Technical Exploration Center - McLean 8401 Greensboro Drive - Suite 120 McLean, VA 22102 Directions are on our web site. The meeting is open to all. Please register so we can provide IBM building security with a...

Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day
Informix Tech Day Tuesday, November 9, 2010 Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day - A FREE event for Informix Users * Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:00am to 5:00pm * Location: Crowne Plaza National Airport 1480 Crystal Drive Arlington, VA 22202 * (Near the Crystal City Metro) Save the day and join us for an exciting live demo and technical look under the covers of the newest and latest Informix technology . More information will be coming here soon! Details will be announce after the official release of the next version of Informix. Agenda: ...

Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01
bottom right side, click office, followed by edit current. Click the mail tab. Go to the bottom and change mime to rich text. Thanks to June Hunt I changed mine (mime) fairly recently! peace Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@earthli nk.net> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org ...

IBM Informix Database Server a Forrester Total Economic Impact Study
Hi - Is there anybody in informix groups able to download this study using the following link ? I filled up the profile (registration form) 10 times, but was not able to download the PDF. The browser is keep on trying, trying ..... If any one is able to download, can you please forward the pdf to my email address chavan1@gmail.com ? --Chavan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010901090102040604080601 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. You could contact Mr Marti Avery ove...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) released
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) released
--0015176f0996166e0804a58b6ddc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 After 3 years and 1 month bar 1 day, a new version of DBD::Informix hits the streets - well, CPAN, anyway. The primary change - support for Perl 5.14.0. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.14.0 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.616 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release :PRODVER:: * Minor bug fix release. * Main change is related to Perl internals and avoids the need for PERL_POLLUTE. This change is not visible to users except that Perl 5.14.x can use the fixed code. * Fixed problem with string that is not null terminated by ESQL/C library. *...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) released
--047d7b66f2393d6a7604d39d2cc7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.16.2 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2013.0118: * Bug fix release. * Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data. * Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl regex metacharacters. * Other minor improvements as documented in the ChangeLog. * Formal support for ESQL/C 7.x and 8.x (don't ask why the current version numbers are smaller) will be dropped after this release. The code w...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) released
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 006497ED88256FC5_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for...

Informix User Forum 2006 - 2 day Informix Technical Conference for Users by Informix Users
A two-day Informix User Group Technical Conference - Friday and Saturday, December 8-9, 2006 The Washington Area Informix User Group (WAIUG) based in Washington, DC, and the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, are teaming up once again to present Informix User Forum 2006. This will be the premiere Informix regional user group technical conference in the world. This is a user conference planned and run by Informix users for Informix users. I have been putting together the Washington Area Informix Users Group Forums since 1994 and last year's was the best eve...

Web resources about - IBM To Sell Informix - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.