Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database server

Hi all !!

I frecuently seen this message on the log file:

"Admin:  Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database
server"

I believe two posible options there is someone that is very stupit that
always
forget his user and password or someone is trying to log in on the database
server.

In both cases, I need to identify this person, my question is how can I
identify this user ?

Thanks in advance.

hpux=11.0
ids=7.3

sending to informix-list
0
jorge

951: Incorrect password or user is not known on the database server in Informix 7.3
Hi. I recently booted the Informix IDS 7.31 server and after putting online the databases it appeared the message after acceding dbaccess: 951: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server Any idea? Thanks. For more information on the log file I get: 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server. System error = 13. 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! Massoroto wrote: > For more information on the log file I get: > > 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: > Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database > server. > System error = 13. > 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. > 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! > Which OS are you using? Are you sure everything is allright with user Informix? Can you logon? Are you sure your oninit's have the right permissions? System error 13 is "#define EACCES 13 /* Permission denied */" Regards... Which OS? Which OS version? Which IDS version? "Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!" Well that is pretty clear isn't it? ...

Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database
As the log files tells you, the user is trying userid Admin. Check if this ID exists on ur unix box. To get a list of IP's and stuff from where people login using telnet or any other protocol, ask ur sysadmin on unix to log all activity. ( sysad can restrict users via inetd.sec file ) Some of the commands which might help you - last -R , lastb -R , netstat ( you can run these yourself ) - check in informix log, the approx time when this person tries this and before that time, start a script with netstat or later check with lastb/last ( last commands will help u only in case of telnet - in other cases - if u have tcp/ip connection set for informix, netstat might help ). Hope this helps. Rgds Preetinder jorge valenzuela wrote: >Hi all !! > >I frecuently seen this message on the log file: > >"Admin: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database >server" > >I believe two posible options there is someone that is very stupit that >always >forget his user and password or someone is trying to log in on the database >server. > >In both cases, I need to identify this person, my question is how can I >identify this user ? > >Thanks in advance. > >hpux=11.0 >ids=7.3 > > > > >sending to informix-list > > > sending to informix-list Actually, I saw this once before. It's some MS aberration where it t...

Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database #2
I have seen this also, it is MS when the "Administrator" username has been changed to "Admin". Usually there is an "oops" also either in the username or the password supplied to the Informix box. And you seldom see the "bad password error" from the ODBC. Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Actually, I saw this once before. It's some MS aberration where it tries to > log you in as user Admin if there is something wrong with your ODBC, or > Access or something. I can't remember the details, but then I can't > remember my address either. > -- ( ______ )) .-- Scott MacKenzie; Dine' College ISD --. >===<--. C|~~| (>--- Phone/Voice Mail: 928-724-6639 ---<) | ; o |-' | | \--- Senior DBA/CARS Coordinator/Etc. --/ | _ | `--' `-- E: scottm at dinecollege dot edu -' `-----' sending to informix-list ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Identify user with incorrect password locking the database
I've recently changed the password on my database. Now the database keeps g= etting locked out from some program that's using the old credentials. There= were a lot of client programs that used the same credentials. Is there any= way to track down the offending program and which machine this is originat= ing from? We've already changed our lockout policy as much as we can given = company policy. Thanks, rexnfx611@gmail.com wrote: > I've recently changed the password on my database. Now the database keeps getting locked out from some program that's using the ol...

Multi-User Password Database (Password Storage)
Dear All I'm after a multi-User password database so that I can centrally store system passwords and give granular access to individuals based on their own unique authentication (possibly a securID token). I've been keeping a watchful eye for such a system but to no avail ..... has anybody come across such a system? ... I'll be most grateful top hear about such a system! The password databases that I've come across make _all_ passwords available to anyone who has access ... and the access to the database is authenticated by a single password. To use such a system you can possibly have a database per function (unix admin, NT admin, network admin) with different passwords for each. But this means that some people may potentially have passwords to systems which aren't part of their responsibility and some people who perform multiple functions have to remember the password for more than one database. All a bit messy really It doesn't strike me as being all that difficult to store the passwords in an Oracle (or similar) database - with access to the DB as a whole being authenticated on a per user basis (possibly SecurID) and with access to the individual passwords in the database being limited to specific users or groups of users (standard DB functionality). I guess the Database would need to be encrypted (probably an internal function for the DB) and the network access to the system encrypted as well (possibly a Web based, S...

Relation of OS user to Informix database user
Hi, I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. Now, I could access the entire database, including both A and B's tables by logging in as either of the users. I tried connecting as A from dbaccess and doing a REVOKE SELECT ON TABLE T FROM B. This gave an error saying no record in ISAM and Unable to revoke permissions. It however allowed me to do a GRANT SELECT ON TABLE T TO B. This did not change a thing since B could already access A's tables. So I did a REVOKE SELECT ON TABLE T FROM B. Next, I actually logged out and logged back in as B and still, inexplicably enough, I was able to see A's tables easily enough. Any explanations would be most welcome as I have been struggling to get this working for sometime now. Also any pointers to the relation of Informix's users to the operating system level users would be welcome. Regards, Anupam have you revoked from "public"? anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for > Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two > operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT > RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. Now, I could access > the e...

[...]

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user
Just to add to the discussion <SNIP> > > > It however allowed me to do a > > GRANT SELECT ON TABLE T TO B. > >Possibly - but did it actually add anything to the systabauth table? If >you read the GRANT manual pages carefully, there appears to be a >loophole such that a GRANT statement might execute 'OK' without granting >the permissions. <SNIP> Is this a loophole or a security measure? I had been led to believe it works this way deliberately. By telling a user(hacker) that his command has failed is giving him information/knowledge about your systems you may not want Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't sending to informix-list ...

US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45325614408)
US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45325614408) =========================================================================================== Position: Database Admin Reference: SMC01707 Location: Austin TX Duration: DH Skills: 2+yrs Microsoft system administration in a production environment. 2+yrs SQL Server database administration and support experience in a production environment. Knowledge of Database monitoring, Index optimization ...

US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45325857604)
US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45325857604) =========================================================================================== Position: Database Admin Reference: SMC01707 Location: Austin TX Duration: DH Skills: 2+yrs Microsoft system administration in a production environment. 2+yrs SQL Server database administration and support experience in a production environment. Knowledge of Database monitoring, Index optimization ...

US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45325657611)
US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45325657611) =========================================================================================== Position: Database Admin Reference: SMC01707 Location: Austin TX Duration: DH Skills: 2+yrs Microsoft system administration in a production environment. 2+yrs SQL Server database administration and support experience in a production environment. Knowledge of Database monitoring, Index optimization and Performance tuning. Working knowledge of Transact SQL scripting and stored procedures. Knowledge of Log Shipping and Backup/Restore for disaster recovery. Exp with Veritas Backup Exec for windows servers. Exp using 3rd party monitoring tools for infrastructure support (e.g., SiteScope, Big Brother, HP Open View, BMC Patrol). Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience Exp with SQL Server Clustering. RAID setup and configuration and ideally SANS. Linux system administration. Knowledge of Oracle and MySQL. Scope: Seeking an experienced Database Administrator to be ...

US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45324457604)
US-TX-Austin: Database Admin,MS Systems Admin., SQL Server Admin, Veritas; DH (45324457604) =========================================================================================== Position: Database Admin Reference: SMC01707 Location: Austin TX Duration: DH Skills: 2+yrs Microsoft system administration in a production environment. 2+yrs SQL Server database administration and support experience in a production environment. Knowledge of Database monitoring, Index optimization and...

Web resources about - Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database server - comp.databases.informix

Politically Incorrect (blog) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the political blog. For the concept, see political correctness . For other uses, see Politically incorrect (disambiguation) ...

Incorrect sitting posture - slouching - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Back pain is the second most common reason people visits their GP (the first is the cold/flu) accounting for more than 7 million consultations ...

Joe Rogan and Mark Cuban on Politically Incorrect - YouTube
Joe Rogan on Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher and Mark Cuban

Politically incorrect
Politically incorrect

Brisbane man issued incorrect cremation certificate after council's grave error
... was left questioning whether was given the wrong ashes, after his wife was cremated at a Brisbane cemetery and the council issued an incorrect ...

Michelle Bridges wedding rumours incorrect: Tahiti was just a babymoon
RUMOURS are doing the rounds that Michelle Bridges and Steve &#8220;Commando&#8221; Willis are now married, having secretly tied the knot in ...

Incorrect answers in prep test books prove a real trial for students and their parents
You are not alone if you and your children were left scratching your heads over the answers in a book designed to prep students for the selective ...

NBC News' Brian Williams apologises for incorrect 2003 Iraq story
Brian Williams of NBC Nightly News apologised on his Wednesday broadcast for mistakenly saying he was aboard a helicopter that was hit by enemy ...

Politically incorrect cars
Politically incorrect cars

Clive Palmer incorrect on the number of executions in China
Clive Palmer got it wrong when he claimed the Chinese government executes 500,000 people a year.