Informix 12.10, Linux, cooked files

Hello,
I'm going to install IFX 12.10.FC5 on Linux RH.
I would use local disks with cooked files, what FS is better to use?
Ext3? Ext4?

Tx,
Francesco
0
franc

Em segunda-feira, 9 de novembro de 2015 09:47:54 UTC-2, franc....@gmail.com  escreveu:
> Hello,
> I'm going to install IFX 12.10.FC5 on Linux RH.
> I would use local disks with cooked files, what FS is better to use?
> Ext3? Ext4?
>
> Tx,
> Francesco

ext4 is a good choice.
0
MarcoBorges
11/27/2015 11:32:31 AM
Em segunda-feira, 9 de novembro de 2015 09:47:54 UTC-2, franc....@gmail.com  escreveu:
> Hello,
> I'm going to install IFX 12.10.FC5 on Linux RH.
> I would use local disks with cooked files, what FS is better to use?
> Ext3? Ext4?
>
> Tx,
> Francesco

http://oninitgroup.com/ids-journaled-file-system
0
MarcoBorges

Re: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) #12
Hi RATHER. If you want to use always vt100, xterm -tn vt100. If you get the 529 error, execute tbstat - Make sure status is Online. RSAM Version AJ5.20.UC1 -- OnLine -- Up 00:01:39 -- 4836 Kb -529 Cannot attach to shared memory. This error message appears prior to Version 6.0. Your application program is unable to initialize its connection to the database server because you are using a shared-memory implementation. Either the database shared memory has not been initialized, or the maximum number of users has already started using the system. Check the accompanying ISA...

Re: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) #10
If anso doesn't work try vt100, or if you are inside X, use xterm. Chucho! RATHER wrote: > hi > Ok i will try this. But i would like to tell you that i am using linux 8 on > my persone l Computer which is a pantium 3 500 Mhz Process and 256 mb ram > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Carmen Constantinescu" <carmen@wylog.com> > To: "RATHER" <myzahoor@yahoo.co.uk>; "Andrew Hamm" <ahamm@mail.com> > Cc: <informix-list@iiug.org> > Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 11:10 AM > Subject: Re: ...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). ...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Re: raw vs. cooked files under linux #10
DA Morgan said: > Data Goob wrote: >> Art, >> >> Your points are well made, and I'm willing to admit I could be >> misinformed, but quite honestly you are working in an exceptional >> environment compared to a lot of environments out there. You >> make the assertion that everyone should simply get it when it >> comes to disk drives, and quite honestly very few of us can keep >> up with this. You also make the assumption that it is easy when >> you should see what I have to work with when using sys admins--you >>...

Re: Informix 10 vs Oracle 10g #12
Michael Segel wrote: > Art S. Kagel wrote: > grammer, so excuse my FORTRAN comment! :) > >>Hey, I loved PL/1, though my one true love is Modula2! If I had my >>druthers... >> >>Art S. Kagel > > Yeah I know its FORTRAN just like cobol should be COBOL. > But hey, I'm lazy. ;-) > > It comes as no surprise that DA Maroon loves Pascal. (Its only intended > purpose was as a teaching language.) But then again, IBM's first attempt at > TCP/IP on the mainframe was written in Pascal. (I kid you not. Thank god > for LU6...

Informix Database connection using ASN file
Hi All, I have a query regarding databse connection made with Informix DB. In the asn file, following is defined under [PATHS] section: $INF inf:test_db|| In above statement, the user id and passowrd is not provided for logging into Informix test_db. The application runs on HP Unix box. Login is made to unix server with unix login id and the application is run. Can you please let me know for connecting to the test_db database which id is used? As we have not specified any user id and password in asn file. As per Uniface help, by default multiple connection mechanism is ...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. t...

Informix on Linux
My client is in the process of moving from Informix SE 7.24.UC8 on AIX to Informix SE 7.25.UC1 on a Linux machine. We have a Java 1.1.8 application that connects to the Informix SE database on the AIX machine using JDBC. With the move onto the Linux machine the following error is produce. "Number is too small for a DECIMAL data type" This does not happen on all tables and only some queries that are executed. Questions: - Is there somewhere I can download Java 1.1 JDBC drivers for Informix? Thought is that as the database has changed from AIX to Informix may need a n...

Web resources about - Informix 12.10, Linux, cooked files - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.