Informix 9.4 Arcserve 11 Unable to open connection to database server

We're running Informix 9.4 on Windows 2000 Server (sp4) with Arcserve
11 Backup Agent for Informix.  These two pieces of software are
installed on a "clean" machine (flattened and rebuilt).  Just after
the Informix 9.4 software and the Arcserve agent was installed, I ran
a full backup from the Arcserve Manager server.  It worked just fine.
The DBA started tweaking the Informix server to get it ready to import
the data from our production database and now it won't allow us to
back it up any more.  We get the Unable to open connection to database
server 155 (0x9b) error.  I have another clean system that I installed
a similar configuration on and it has continued to allow us to use
Arcserve to back up the database (no changes were made to the Informix
server configuration though).  A couple of other notes - the Arcserve
manager resides on a separate server and all of the servers in my
configuration are workgroup (not domain) servers.  We've compared the
configurations of the two servers mentioned above and re-entered
configuration data until we're blue in the face.  About the only thing
we haven't done is uninstalled and/or re-installed any of the
software.  Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this
problem?

Thanks, Rochelle
0
radsitt

RE: Informix 9.4 Arcserve 11 Unable to open connection to database server
Rochelle wrote > We're running Informix 9.4 on Windows 2000 Server (sp4) with Arcserve > 11 Backup Agent for Informix. These two pieces of software > are installed on a "clean" machine (flattened and rebuilt). > Just after the Informix 9.4 software and the Arcserve agent > was installed, I ran a full backup from the Arcserve Manager > server. It worked just fine. > The DBA started tweaking the Informix server to get it ready > to import the data from our production database and now it > won't allow us to back it up any more. We get the Unable to > open connection to database server 155 (0x9b) error. I have > another clean system that I installed a similar configuration > on and it has continued to allow us to use Arcserve to back > up the database (no changes were made to the Informix server > configuration though). A couple of other notes - the > Arcserve manager resides on a separate server and all of the > servers in my configuration are workgroup (not domain) > servers. We've compared the configurations of the two > servers mentioned above and re-entered configuration data > until we're blue in the face. About the only thing we > haven't done is uninstalled and/or re-installed any of the > software. Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing > this problem? > What configuration files have you checked - Ser...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Informix 9.4 restore using SQL BT 3.7 (64 bit) fails after upgrade of Informix to 9.4 from 9.3
I am getting the following error when I run the restore: dm_write_disk_object_obsi: WRITE for file (Obsi Pipe) (filedes (0) length (31388)) failed. OBSI SDK Error (Bad file number (9)) Has anyone seen this error before? The restore of the rootdbspace ran fine..Anyone know of any known issues performing restores after upgrading from Informix 9.3 to 9.4. This is on a Solaris box and the Backup vendor is Syncsort Backup Express ...

How to keep an Informix database connection open in a shell script?
Using dbaccess I am trying to keep a database connection open in a shell script until I want to close it. It may be easiest to explain what I'm trying to do with a simple shell script which works fine for DB2. db2 -v "connect to $DATABASE" db2 -v "set current schema dba" db2 -v "create table test (col1 int not null) in userspace1" while [ $i -le 10 ] do db2 -v "insert into test(col1) values($i)" (( i=i+1 )) done db2 -v "commit work" db2 -v "connect reset" db2 -v "terminate" If I try similar logic with informix, the database is repeatedly opened and closed: echo "database $DATABASE;" |dbaccess Database selected. Database closed. echo "insert into test(col1) values($i);" | dbaccess -e $DATABASE Database selected. insert into test(col1) values(1); 1 row(s) inserted. Database closed. With Informix's dbaccess, is there a way I can open the database once, perform the inserts, and then close the database, similar to the way I can for DB2? Thanks. --_10ba0c1c-0ac1-4468-a373-57b4eafed8fb_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try using the sqlcmd suite of tools available from the iiug repository. Signature > Date: Wed=2C 29 Aug 2012 00:05:43 -0700 > Subject: How to keep an Informix database connection open in a shell scri= pt? > From: davies...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

daily migration of Informix 9.4 databases from AIX to RedHat
Hi, we are running 2 informix 9.4 instances on two separate machines srv1 AIX p-series server (AIX 5.1) & IDS 9.40.FC1 srv2 intel hardware with redhat linux (8.0) & IDS 9.40.UC1 There are a couple of dbspaces that should be equalized every night. At the moment we are using load/unloads to realize this, but the entire process takes to long to complete during one night ... I considered following options : a) HDR : different OS'ses => not possible b) ER : had a bad experience with this => not an option c) ONBAR backup/restore => not possible because...

Re: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #4
Hi howie. It seems no problem for me.(contains /etc/serivces) What host are you encountering -930 error ? i.e) oninit under arcdb ? OR oniint under baan ? if baan, delete arcdb from DBSERVERALIASES. try the following. % setenv INFORMIXSERVER baan Here is my configuration. hostname : cspc08 sqlhosts [~/conf]% cat $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts tsutoo930uc3 onsoctcp cspc08 tsutoo930uc3 tsutoo731ud6_tcp onsoctcp guntank 32488 tsutoo940uc2_tcp onsoctcp cspc08 32445 I use ts...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 >...

RE: daily migration of Informix 9.4 databases from AIX to RedHat
What is that HPL Replication option about? I really would appreciate if you explain it Thanks in advance -----Mensaje original----- De: Richard Kofler [mailto:richard.kofler@chello.at] Enviado el: Lunes, 11 de Agosto de 2003 12:21 p.m. Para: informix-list@iiug.org Asunto: Re: daily migration of Informix 9.4 databases from AIX to RedHat Stefan Voets wrote: > > Hi, > > we are running 2 informix 9.4 instances on two separate machines > > srv1 AIX p-series server (AIX 5.1) & IDS 9.40.FC1 > srv2 intel hardware with redhat linux (8.0) ...

[News] Open Database License is Out, Topocad Uses Open Source FDO Database Connection

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

Unable to connect to database server!
I AM POSTING SOME OF THIS IN ALL CAPS TO HAVE WHAT I'M WRITING PERSONALLY IN THIS POST FROM WHAT I'M COPYING (EXAMPLE FOR CONTENTS ON MY WEB HOST AS WELL AS THE INSTRUCTIONS I WAS GIVEN TO HAVE PHP FILES WORK WITH MY MYSQL DATABASE.) I KEEP GETTING THE ERROR "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE SERVER!" WHENEVER I GO TO MY HOMEPAGE WHICH IS WORKING OFF THE /HTDOCS/ADMIN/ CATEGORIES.PHP FILE. WHY? WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT THIS? THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY TO GO TO THE /ADMIN FOLDER OF MY WEBHOST AND THEN TO CLICK ON THE LINK TO LOG IN WHICH AUTOMATICALLY &quo...

How to connect a informix database from my console
Hello, i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it. Can you help me. I want to select some data to a text file ... thanks a lot Franck info@epms-le-littoral.org wrote: > Hello, > i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local > database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it. > Can you help me. > > I want to select some data to a text file ... Why do you think you have to use isql? dbaccess should be sufficient: $ echo "unload to 'out.unl' select * from sometable"|dbaccess somedb HTH, -- Carsten Haese http://informixdb.sourceforge.net ...

Connecting to Informix Database with PHP
Hi All: Using PHP, how do I connect to an Informix database using an ODBC connection string like this: "Dsn='';Driver={INFORMIX 3.30 32 BIT};Host=hostname;Server=myserver;Service=service-name;Protocol=olsoctcp;Database=mydb;UID=username;PWD=myPwd Thanks in advance. ...

How to open a VSS database from ASP when database is on the different server.
We have 2 VSS databases. First is located on the same server as IIS and second is on another machine. While I can open the first one from the ASP using the following script: oVSSDb.Open <srcinipath>, <UID>, <password> trying the same thing on the second throws the following error: Error Type: SourceSafe (0x8004D117) The SourceSafe database path <UID> does not exist. Please select another database. The request uses NTLM authentication. There is no restrictions on the target VSS database directory (everyone.) Does anybody now what might be the problem? Thanks, VS Thi...

Web resources about - Informix 9.4 Arcserve 11 Unable to open connection to database server - comp.databases.informix

Alec Baldwin, Tommy Hilfiger and a Designer With a ‘Downton’ Connection
It was something of a British invasion at Michael’s today with plenty of posh folks (Majesty magazine EIC Ingrid Seward , the always dashing ...

Igniting Brand Growth Via Emotional Connections
Nobel Prize winning research in neuroscience and behavioral economics proves that all humans are irrational, emotional creatures. Both marketers ...

4G Connections Hit One Billion as Mobile Broadband Momentum Extends to the Developing World
The number of 4G mobile connections worldwide has surpassed the one billion mark and is on track to account for a third of all mobile connections ...

Deadpool Really Did Have A Major Connection To Marvel And The Avengers, Here's How
The Deadpool movie was full of a ton of Marvel related easter eggs, literally more than we could count. Most of them were obvious, a few were ...

Zika virus-microcephaly connection hunted in Brazil - CNN.com
Is the Zika virus linked to microcephaly? The CDC and Brazilian health officials are leading the first-ever large scale investigation to find ...

Larch Corrections Center’s father-daughter dance a time for connection
YACOLT Fathers wearing ties, suspenders and suit jackets wandered around the gymnasium, anxiously awaiting their daughters' arrival. As the girls ...

Smart city tech shows complex connections between data and sensors
... MWC, Parkeon and Sierra Wireless announced that Sierra Wireless AirPrime HL Series embedded modules will be used to enable cellular connections ...