Informix and ESQLC Perl and DBD but Sun this time.

Semi-related to our earlier fun with AIX and DBD build environments.

Solaris 8, 9.40FC, CSDK2.80UC (now in a separate dir CSDK2.90FC), Perl
5.6.1

I got the esqlbasic program to compile and run installing the 64 bit
CSDK (standalone),
upgrading to gcc 3.3.2 and setting INFORMIXC='gcc -m64 after clearing
arch9 args out of the esql file

But, when running "perl Makefile.PL" to build the Bundle:DBD::informix I
am still getting:

ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifsql.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/libifasf.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifgen.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifos.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifgls.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifglx.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64

This is the same error I get when building esqlbasic.ec with the
INFORMIXC env variable set to gcc rather than gcc -m64.

I cannot seem to figure out how to make the "perl Makefile.PL" have the
-m64 argument (assuming this is the problem, since it seems to have been
that on the esqlbasic compile, it throws errors about sizes being
redefined.) Is there some wiz-bang way to do this?

I have never had issues biulding DBD with Solaris and GCC in the past,
but this box is killing me.

The Box I built with similar OS, etc worked like a dream, so a bit
confused.

isainfo -k /-v show the same thing on both working and not sun boxes.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

sending to informix-list
0
Gentsch

Gentsch, Sam wrote:

> Semi-related to our earlier fun with AIX and DBD build environments.
>
> Solaris 8, 9.40FC, CSDK2.80UC (now in a separate dir CSDK2.90FC), Perl
> 5.6.1

5.6.1?  Built for 64-bit?

> I got the esqlbasic program to compile and run installing the 64 bit
> CSDK (standalone),
> upgrading to gcc 3.3.2 and setting INFORMIXC='gcc -m64 after clearing
> arch9 args out of the esql file
>
> But, when running "perl Makefile.PL" to build the Bundle:DBD::informix I
> am still getting:
>
> ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifsql.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/libifasf.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifgen.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifos.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifgls.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
> ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifglx.so: wrong ELF class:
> ELFCLASS64
>
> This is the same error I get when building esqlbasic.ec with the
> INFORMIXC env variable set to gcc rather than gcc -m64.

If you're reasonably confident that the build will work, you can bypass
the test.  Not recommended for the novice, but you're out of the novice
category by now.  DBD_INFORMIX_NO_ESQLTEST.

However, if you bypass the test and then you run into problems, you need
to work out how to fix things so the test passes before trying to do
more error reporting.  The rest of the build assumes that ESQL/C will
work - with the various hacks introduced by esqlcc, esqlld, etc - and if
it won't, then there are problems.

Most likely, copying the esql script and hacking it along the lines of
the 64-bit AIX hack will end up doing the trick.

I'll install a 64-bit CSDK on my Sparc sometime - and build a 64-bit
Perl, too - but I don't recall major problems...

> I cannot seem to figure out how to make the "perl Makefile.PL" have the
> -m64 argument (assuming this is the problem, since it seems to have been
> that on the esqlbasic compile, it throws errors about sizes being
> redefined.) Is there some wiz-bang way to do this?
>
> I have never had issues biulding DBD with Solaris and GCC in the past,
> but this box is killing me.
>
> The Box I built with similar OS, etc worked like a dream, so a bit
> confused.
>
> isainfo -k /-v show the same thing on both working and not sun boxes.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sam
>

> sending to informix-list

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com
Jonathan

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
Hi everybody, I have Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 on Red Hat Linux 9 perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi DBI 1.42 DBD Informix 2003.04 After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . But after running the script several times (that only connects and disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to connect to any database with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database server Restarting the server fix the problem but I can not...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralag...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD...

Informix DBD, PERL and esql
Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0 Thread model: aix gcc vers...

Perl DBD:Informix on NT
Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported? I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site. Thanks! Cindy Lichtenauer wrote: > Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported? > > I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site. > > Thanks! The source did build on NT a year or two ago -- I've not done anything consciously to break it (MS might have done, but not me). However, if you're using ActiveState Perl (probably wise) you have to work out what all their bells, whistles and other compilation options mean to a po...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Re: Perl DBD:Informix on NT
To avoid getting a C compiler and building the Informix module on Windows, I used the ODBC module and was able to connect to my Informix databases from Windows easily. Here were the steps: 1- Install the CSDK on Windows 2- Set all the connection info in setnet32 and test it with ilogin or dbping. 3- Create a ODBC DSN and test it. 4- Install the DBD:ODBC perl module 5- Create my perl script with using DBD:ODBC and the DSN created in setp 3. The only issues you may have are if you are using Informix specific features that are not supported in the ODBC module. If you stick to g...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql
sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-a...

Is DBD::Informix tied to database version?
Hi - I would like to upgrade our database from 9.21 HC5 to 9.40.FC4, but have Perl applications reading from the database using DBD::Informix. Does anyone know if the DBD interface is tied to the specific version of Informix? I have been trying to recompile the latest perl/DBI/DBD but so far have not had any luck - since the current DBD is working fine with 9.21, I would like to just upgrade to 9.40. Thanks in advance for any insights. Daniel caver wrote: > Hi - I would like to upgrade our database from 9.21 HC5 to 9.40.FC4, > but have Perl applications reading from the database using > DBD::Informix. > > Does anyone know if the DBD interface is tied to the specific version > of Informix? > > I have been trying to recompile the latest perl/DBI/DBD but so far have > not had any luck - since the current DBD is working fine with 9.21, I > would like to just upgrade to 9.40. No, DBD::Informix is not tied to a particular server version. I use my installed version of DBD::Informix (2005.01), built with CSDK 2.81.UCx, with IDS 10.00.UC3, 9.40.UC5, 9.30.UC1, 9.21.UCx (very seldom these days; about once this year), 7.31.UD7 - all with no trouble whatsoever. DBD::Informix is much more nearly tied to a particular version of CSDK. Specifically, unless you compiled the module with the environment variable DBD_INFORMIX_RELOCATABLE_INFORMIXDIR set, it will have built the absolute pathnames of the ESQL/C librar...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit
Hello, I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for? Thanks in advance, - TJG Thomas J. Girsch wrote: > I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl > DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it > works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for? There are two parts to the answer. 1. The nit-picking pedantry bit says "It depends on whether you build with a 32-bit or...

perl DBD::Informix and php pdo_informix with Apache
Hi, Has anyone tried to use perl's informix pm and php's pdo_informix under Apache successfully? On 04/12/2010 20:48, Nog wrote: > Hi, > > Has anyone tried to use perl's informix pm and php's pdo_informix > under Apache successfully? DBI and DBD::Informix - yes pdo_informix - yes Why do you ask? -- Clive On Dec 6, 3:37=A0pm, Alexandre Marini <amar...@fazenda.ms.gov.br> wrote: > Yes. The second option. > Currently pdo_informix is the method used by OAT to access the Informix > database, in a very easy way. > You could see some examples on the IBM Informix Developer=B4s Handbook. > > http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg247884.html?Open > > Best regards. > > Em 04/12/2010 16:48, Nog escreveu: > > > Hi, > > > Has anyone tried to use perl's informix pm and php's pdo_informix > > under Apache successfully? > > _______________________________________________ > > Informix-list mailing list > > Informix-l...@iiug.org > >http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list > > -- > > Alexandre Marini > > Tecnologia da Informa=E7=E3o - DBA > > msn: alexandre_mar...@hotmail.com > > SEFAZ-MS / SGI-UGSR / Sistemas IBM-Informix > > Cert-Info-Mgmt_color <Cert-Info-Mgmt_color.jpg> > > IBM Informix Dynamic Server Certified Professional V10 / V11 Alexandre, ...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #3
Gentsch, Sam said: > This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of > gcc prowess. > No comments from you OTC! :) I would never mock someone's inability to perform. Much. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere. sending to informix-list ...

installing perl DBI and DBD::Informix Modules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C4381A.50468300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello ,=20 I have a solaris 2.8 and IDS 9.30 UC3 .=20 I wanted to install latest perl( 5.8 ) and DBI and DBD::Informix = modules.=20 =20 Looks like the installation is deleting some files ( esqlc from my /usr/Informix/lib directory). Also it failed to compile esqltest.ec file in the perl DBD bundle.=20 =20 Can any body suggest me the right docs or a procedure to in...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #2
After stripping every flag out of the esql program that it whined about I get down to: gcc: CC_TH=gcc: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/include/sys/localedef.h:46, from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/stdlib.h: 538, from esqlbasic.ec:25: /usr/include/sys/localedef31.h:195: error: conflicting types for `loc_t' /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6/incl/esql/locator.h:123: error: previous declaration of `loc_t' This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of gcc prowess. No comments from you OTC! :) Thanks again, Sam -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:50 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixin...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #4
Thanks to all !! I posted most of it for your consumption, if you need it all email me, and I will send it. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:27 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Superboer wrote: > ahum did a quick search for aix and > loc_t ... > check out > > -D_H_LOCALEDEF Yes - that was a major part of the problem. Sam now has a severely hacked AIX-specific ESQL/C script that works with GCC. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.01 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ sending to informix-list ...

DBD::informix with esqlc 3.00 (x864_64)
Hi, I've been using dbd::informix with no problem, I just upgraded to IDS 11 and CSDK 3.0 and can;t install DBD::INFORMIX. (O.S. Centos 4.4 Kernel 2.6.9-42.ELsmp) <copy&paste> [root@vieja DBD-Informix-2007.0226]# perl Makefile.PL *** ExtUtils::AutoInstall version 0.63 *** Checking for dependencies... [Core Features] - DBI ...loaded. (1.58 >= 1.38) [High Resolution Timing] - Time::HiRes ...loaded. (1.55) [POD Format Testing] - Test::Pod ...missing. ==> Auto-install the 1 optional module(s) from CPAN? [y] n *** ExtUtils::AutoInstall configuration finished. Subroutine main::WriteMakefile redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ 5.8.5/ExtUt ils/AutoInstall.pm line 491, <STDIN> line 1. Configuring IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2007.0226 (2007-02-25) (aka DBD::Informix) You are using DBI version 1.58 and Perl version 5.008005 Remember to actually read the README file! Perl: perl v5.008005 x86_64-linux-thread-multi dl_dlopen.xs System: linux mehak.karan.org 2.6.9-34.0.2.el #1 fri jul 7 17:58:49 cdt 2006 x 86_64 x86_64 x86_64 gnulinux *** Ideally, you should upgrade to Perl version 5.008008 or later. Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 3.00, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 3.00.FC2 from /o pt/informix Beware: DBD::Informix is not yet aware of all the new IUS data types. Assert macro will be disabled! lib/DBD/Informix/D...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Re: Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit
Hi, I'm using Perl 64 bit on Solaris 9. The Sun provided Perl is 5.6.1 and 32bit. So I built my own 5.8.0 with the Sun CC 5.4 and DBD-Informix 2003.04 and DBI 1.34, CSDK 2.81FC2, IDS 7.31FD5. Works fine and is in production now. But I never managed it to get a DBI>1.34 working on this Plattform. I've escalated this case with IBM informix Support here in Germany, but it didn't get to Jonathan Leffeler I think. The problem was that DBI->errstr pointed in the wrong direction so that I got a Segmentation Violation when trying to print it. > I'm curio...

Web resources about - Informix and ESQLC Perl and DBD but Sun this time. - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.