Informix error

Hi,

I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?

mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments

Thanks,

Vasilis
0
vasilis
9/9/2004 10:21:11 AM
comp.databases.informix 16049 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 06:21:11 -0400, Vasilis Economides wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
> I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?
>

> mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments
>

> Thanks,
>
> Vasilis

It means that the engine crashed/exited on startup for some reason (try
adding the -v option to the oninit to see the step that failed) and the
engine was not sure if it successfully removed all shared memory segments
that had already been allocated to that point.  You need to check for
yourself: 'ipcs -a|fgrep informix' to find any left over segments and use
ipcrm to get rid of them.  I assume the version above is a typo and should be
7.31UC5?

Art S. Kagel
0
Art
9/9/2004 1:16:05 PM
On 9 Sep 2004 03:21:11 -0700, vasilis.economides@ctl.com (Vasilis Economides)
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
>I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?
>

>mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments
>

>Thanks,
>
>Vasilis
Did Informix ever run on that system?
If yes than do the following:
If you have startup and stop scripts (in /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc0.d) then edit
startup script (in /etc/rc2.d) to avoid starting up Informix during system
startup. Then reboot the system and try to start Informix "manually" - like Art
wrote - with:
	oninit -v

Send the messages to the group.

nebojsa
------------------------------------
Remove spam block (DELETE_) to reply
0
Nebojsa
9/9/2004 2:03:03 PM
7.71????

Anyway, your engine hasn't cleaned up tidily

Not familiar with SCO but I think the ipcs command should show you
what is left hanging around.

You can remove the bits that are left using ipcrm

or you can reboot the whole UNIX machine.

vasilis.economides@ctl.com (Vasilis Economides) wrote in message news:<adefb3eb.0409090221.a6d4364@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
> I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?
>

> mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments
>

> Thanks,
>
> Vasilis
0
dryburghj

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
I have this tables: create table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements ( menuid NVARCHAR(128) not null, caption NVARCHAR(255), type NCHAR(1), address NCHAR(2048) ) extent size 32 next size 32 lock mode row; alter table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements add constraint primary key (menuid) constraint pk_corporatemen269; from .net with odbc data provider i try: String sql =3D "INSERT INTO CorporateMenuElements (MenuId, Caption, Type, Address) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"; DbCommand cmd =3D DB.GetSqlStringCommand(sql); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "MenuId", DbType.String, menuId); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Caption", DbType.String, caption); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Type", DbType.String, type); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Address", DbType.String, address); Int32 mustBeOne =3D DB.ExecuteNonQuery(cmd); I get: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException was unhandled Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en Sys...

.NET TransactionScope -> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
Hi using Microsoft Enterprise Library Data access App Block i have this code using (TransactionScope scope =3D new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { Database db1 =3D new GenericDatabase( ConnStringBuilder.ConnString, OdbcFactory.Instance); String sql1 =3D "insert into test_text values (51, 'holas1')"; db1.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType.Text, sql1); scope.Complete(); } The ExecuteNonQuery causes this exception: No se control=F3 System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.TransactionScopeConnections.GetCo= nnection(Database db) en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnect...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load translation DLL
Mi ambiente IDS 7.30.UC2 SCO Unix 5.0.4 WIN 98se Informix cliente-SDK 2.81 Ya tengo configurado con el setnet, probando con el ILogin, si funciona, se conecta. Lo que no funciona es cuando creo mi propio DNS de usuario, al probar la coneccion me sale este error. Igual no me funciona desde Excel o desde Visual Basic. Sera: Environment el Cliente Locale Data base Locale ??? Gracias de antemano Luis Camacho. ...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Hi I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected to the database using Visula Basic 6. When l build a string for example SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. When l try to load data to a table : SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" or SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Thanks in advance Umesh "Umesh" <commbtp@lineone.net> wrote in message news:90d5e433.0412190429.d03c7fb@posting.google.com... [CLIPPED] > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. > LOAD FROM is *not* a SQL statement! It is a feature (extension) of dbaccess utility and maybe some others. Gorazd ...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales
Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-) No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out. DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off apparently...."). Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple. Mark Scranton Informix 1995-2006 Double Echo wrote: > Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions......

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Umesh wrote: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Yes, LOAD & UNLOAD are not SQL commands. They are built-in commands for tools like dbaccess, but not part of the SQL language. Cheers, -- Mark. +----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+ | Mark D. Stock mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |//////// /| | http://MydasSolutions.com |///// / //| | +-----------------------------------+//// / ///| | |We value your comments, which have |/// / ////| | |been recorded and automatically |// / /////| | |emailed back to us for our records.|/ ////////| +----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+ sending to informix-list ...

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #2
Umesh said: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Because the LOAD statement is specific to DBACCESS, not SQL. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying school. -- Ahmed Ahmed sending to informix-list ...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #3
The second form should work. What are you using as a field delimiter? Informix defaults to a pipe "|". If you are using some other character you will need to include the delimiter phrase ... LOAD FROM "pathname" [DELIMITER "char"] INSERT INTO table-name commbtp@lineone.n et (Umesh) To: informix-list@iiug.org Sent by: cc: owner-informix-li Subject: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database st@iiug.org 20/12/2004 01:29 ...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Informix
About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix Regards, Chavan Koya Someone needs to review the security as it appears to have been deleted by the time I got there:-)) Chavan Koya wrote: > > About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix > > Regards, > Chavan Koya -- Paul Watson # Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory Tel: +44 1436 672201 # Growing up is optional Fax: +44 1436 678693 # Mob: +44 7818 003457 # www.oninit.com # Paul Watson wrote: > Someone needs to ...

Informix
I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has anyone done this, or have any advice on how to proceed? -- Richard Seeder AApex Information Systems Richard, I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls made by sqlexecd. I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO, TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc. A bug has raised against ...

Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day
Informix Tech Day Tuesday, November 9, 2010 Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day - A FREE event for Informix Users * Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:00am to 5:00pm * Location: Crowne Plaza National Airport 1480 Crystal Drive Arlington, VA 22202 * (Near the Crystal City Metro) Save the day and join us for an exciting live demo and technical look under the covers of the newest and latest Informix technology . More information will be coming here soon! Details will be announce after the official release of the next version of Informix. Agenda: ...

Web resources about - Informix error - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.