Informix error

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?

mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments

Thanks,

Vasilis
0
Reply vasilis 9/9/2004 10:21:11 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 06:21:11 -0400, Vasilis Economides wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
> I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?
>

> mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments
>

> Thanks,
>
> Vasilis

It means that the engine crashed/exited on startup for some reason (try
adding the -v option to the oninit to see the step that failed) and the
engine was not sure if it successfully removed all shared memory segments
that had already been allocated to that point.  You need to check for
yourself: 'ipcs -a|fgrep informix' to find any left over segments and use
ipcrm to get rid of them.  I assume the version above is a typo and should be
7.31UC5?

Art S. Kagel
0
Reply Art 9/9/2004 1:16:05 PM

On 9 Sep 2004 03:21:11 -0700, vasilis.economides@ctl.com (Vasilis Economides)
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
>I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?
>

>mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments
>

>Thanks,
>
>Vasilis
Did Informix ever run on that system?
If yes than do the following:
If you have startup and stop scripts (in /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc0.d) then edit
startup script (in /etc/rc2.d) to avoid starting up Informix during system
startup. Then reboot the system and try to start Informix "manually" - like Art
wrote - with:
	oninit -v

Send the messages to the group.

nebojsa
------------------------------------
Remove spam block (DELETE_) to reply
0
Reply Nebojsa 9/9/2004 2:03:03 PM

7.71????

Anyway, your engine hasn't cleaned up tidily

Not familiar with SCO but I think the ipcs command should show you
what is left hanging around.

You can remove the bits that are left using ipcrm

or you can reboot the whole UNIX machine.

vasilis.economides@ctl.com (Vasilis Economides) wrote in message news:<adefb3eb.0409090221.a6d4364@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it
> I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?
>

> mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments
>

> Thanks,
>
> Vasilis
0
Reply dryburghj 9/9/2004 4:24:27 PM
comp.databases.informix 15974 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
I have this tables: create table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements ( menuid NVARCHAR(128) not null, caption NVARCHAR(255), type NCHAR(1), address NCHAR(2048) ) extent size 32 next size 32 lock mode row; alter table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements add constraint primary key (menuid) constraint pk_corporatemen269; from .net with odbc data provider i try: String sql =3D "INSERT INTO CorporateMenuElements (MenuId, Caption, Type, Address) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"; DbCommand cmd =3D DB.GetSqlStringCommand(sql);...

.NET TransactionScope -> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
Hi using Microsoft Enterprise Library Data access App Block i have this code using (TransactionScope scope =3D new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { Database db1 =3D new GenericDatabase( ConnStringBuilder.ConnString, OdbcFactory.Instance); String sql1 =3D "insert into test_text values (51, 'holas1')"; db1.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType.Text, sql1); scope.Complete(); } The ExecuteNonQuery causes this exception: No se cont...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. t...

Informix sql Error 211 + Isam error 101
Hello everyone, i have recently a problem when my aplication start to get a lot of locks, after that any other session try to make a select or any other operation it return error 211 isam 101 Maybe i understand the error 211 but i dont understand why is reporting error 101 im using "IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.FC4XB" 7000000d1a277c0 L--PR-- 85270 topsoft - 700000109472380 480 3 3989 1918 7000000d1a28630 L--PR-- 88177 topsoft - 70000010945f438 480 2 97 24 7000000d1a2aa48 Y--P--- 44625 topsoft - 70000...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load translation DLL
Mi ambiente IDS 7.30.UC2 SCO Unix 5.0.4 WIN 98se Informix cliente-SDK 2.81 Ya tengo configurado con el setnet, probando con el ILogin, si funciona, se conecta. Lo que no funciona es cuando creo mi propio DNS de usuario, al probar la coneccion me sale este error. Igual no me funciona desde Excel o desde Visual Basic. Sera: Environment el Cliente Locale Data base Locale ??? Gracias de antemano Luis Camacho. ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Informix error with ifx_pconnect()
I have had this problem in the past on another machine and fixed it by setting the environment variables for INFORMIXDIR and INFORMIXSERVER. When adding the same lines on the new machine I still get the following message: Warning: ifx_pconnect(): E [SQLSTATE=IX 001 SQLCODE=-1829] in :\webroot\PHPinclude\db_vars.inc on line 7 I tried doing what I did before, but still is not working. Doing "phpinfo();" The following information is displayed: PHP Version 4.3.6 System Windows NT DAVIDS 5.1 build 2600 Build Date Apr 14 2004 17:17:11 Server API Apache 2.0 Handler Under apache2handle...

informix 201 error
HI everybody I need to interface PHP with Informix at the moment i have bypassed the crash problem using the adodb libraries, they work fine at the begin, ok the connection, but i get an error -201 on any query (also a simple SELECT * FROM table_name). I'v done 2 jpg screens of error, in vb6 (mdac support) an php (adodb support). For the other method (the sdk one), i have read the "how-to" form IBM, and used the versions (like php 5.1.2, apache 2.2.2, pdo_informix.dll, etc.) that they linked on the page. In the end i get the apache.exe down every time i try t...

Informix Connection Errors
OS: Solaris 9/10 IDS 9.40.FC8X3 =20 After having application connection problems we ran a script on a test inst= ance to simulate a connection to the port. If I run the below script in a l= oop after approximately 5 mins I get the error:- =20 11:58:42 listener-thread: err =3D -25571: oserr =3D 0: errstr =3D : Cannot= create an user thread. On NT check username and IXUSERS =20 My question is=2C should Informix do this=2C NETTYPE is set to:- tlitcp=2C2= =2C300=2CNET. Only 1 port is assigned to this instance and there were 200+ = other application connections to the database. This...

Error -1820 in Informix
Hi I have a RHCE 8.0 in IDS version 9.40 UC1 I have trouble runnig a python script.It generates errors while running <err><FATAL> 2005-12-29 16:05:08 |5|601-ERROR|Unable to spatial enable edge with id 1027000065 (Error -1820 performing PUT: Host variable type has been changed between fetches or puts.)| thanks rgds Anand Hi Anand, are you using informixdb to connect to IDS? If yes, what version are you using? If you're using InformixDB-2.1, I'd like to see a minimal python script that reproduces this problem so I can correct it. (If you're not ...

Strange Informix error
I have an ORACLE background but for the last year I've working at a site that also has Informix - so I am self-taught but the teacher doesn't know much ;-) I'm using On-Line 7.31.UC6. In dbaccess, I go into INFO and choose my table. When I select Columns this is what I get: Column name Type Nulls msisdn varchar(16,0) yes rec_type char(2) yes upd_year_month datetime year to month yes rec_count integer ...

Error Asp Informix
Hi I have Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0 and I'm trying to connect to external Informix database, but no dice. I keep getting the error message: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [DataDirect][ODBC Informix driver]Error in row. /SisDocV2Real/prueba_javier.asp, line 18 -- Posted via http://dbforums.com Start by checking you can get an ODBC connection, use the DBping utility - if that passes then the problem is the asp code, if not then it's the ODBC config Quinterj wrote: > > Hi > > I have ...

Error Informix/ powerbuiler.
Hi ! Little annoying problem :) Here it is. When i try to run a cursor in poerbuilder, i get a -1 error and a SQLDBCODE = 2 If i keep the same query, but replace the table by anoter.. It work. Privilege are the same on the two tables. only name and date are different (that's a good explanation for what there are 2 differents tables ;)) Anyway. I can obtain an NOTFOUND result . but if the queyr return data it fails. This is the way it happens. DECLARE CURSOR.... (OK no problem) OPEN CURSOR.... (No problem ) FETCH CURSOR with specific values (OK it return a 1...

Informix Network down error
I loaded informix and did a restore of the ontape backup. but I get the error of networkdown after the restore was done. When I restored I did not recreate the database I only created the chunks and dbspaces. Did i do something wrong here? here are the results and settings I have. What do I need to do. Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC5 sqlhosts ok_srvr onipcshm rp4440 ipcs0000 ok_tcp onsoctcp rp4440 srvr0001 services srvr0001 8001/tcp #Informix port onconfig SERVERNUM 1 # Unique id co...

Informix KAIO Error
Hi people !! I have a problem with Informix 7.31 with HP-UX 11i, during the KAIO initialization. Following the online.log Tue Jul 4 08:57:38 2006 08:57:38 Event alarms enabled. ALARMPROG = '/sgbd/informix/etc/log_full.sh' 08:57:44 DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off) 08:57:44 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7 Software Serial Number AAC#J955102 08:57:44 Can't open /dev/async. KAIO disabled 08:57:44 Assert Failed: kaiothread() ERROR 08:57:44 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7 08:57:44 Who: Session(0, @, 0, 0) Thread(54, kaio, 0, 8) ...

Error in Informix on Windows
I'm trying out Informix IDS 9.4 on Windows XP Pro. Finally got it installed and got ISA running. But when I do "Check" I get the following error: "Unexpected Error Unable to retrieve information about databases. If the server is online, then the sqlhosts file may be damaged, or perhaps sysmaster didn't build or is still building, or the database may be locked by another user, or DBSPACETEMP is not accessible. at c:\ibm\isa\bin\check.pl line 19 " I don't think the sysmaster ever completes creation. I also get this error when I try to do the ON...

Re: Informix error
It means that not all shared memory segments created by informix may be removed. To sucessfully initialize your instance you have to remove them. I don't know SCO but under Solaris & Linux you have the ipcs program. It shows you the shared memory segments and the semaphores. To remove them use ipcrm. (Read the man-page) Johann Vasilis Economides wrote: > Hi, > > I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try to initialize it > I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve? > > > mt_shm_remove: WARNIN...

Informix Error code -204
Hi, One of my customers has an informix error code -204. His NSDK application returns this error code when accessing to database. The workstation configuration is : - Windows NT 4.0 SP6a - IDS Workgroup Edition 7.31.TC5 - Informix Client 2.20TC1 - NSDK 1.60 I tested several cases : - Windows NT4 SP6a + IDS 7.31 + Client 2.20 - Windows NT4 SP6a + IDS 7.31 + Client 2.81 - Windows NT4 SP6a + IDS 9.21 + Client 2.20 - Windows NT4 SP6a + IDS 9.21 + Client 2.81 - Windows XP SP1 + IDS 7.31 + Client 2.20 - Windows XP SP1 + IDS 7.31 + Client 2.81 - Windows XP SP1 + IDS ...

RE: Informix KAIO Error
Call support?=20 -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of cboccio@yahoo.com.br Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:55 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Informix KAIO Error TBP, I done the steps that you sent me (set KAIOON=3D1 and install asyncdsk), but the error still the same What can I do to solve this problem ? Tks, Regards, Eduardo TBP escreveu: > cboccio@yahoo.com.br wrote: > > Hi people !! > > > > I have a problem with Informix 7.31 with HP-UX 11i...

Informix Error -626 -155
Hi, I have IDS 9.3 for Windows. I got the error -626 -155 when trying to update the database. 155 means that the chaunk is down. Onnstat -d says that the chunk is down. How can we bring the chunk online? Thanks, Vasilis ...

RE: Informix error #2
Vasilis You need to either remove the shared memory segments:- ipcs -ma to identify ipcrm -m 'memory identifier' to remove or reboot the machine Keith -> -----Original Message----- -> From: vasilis.economides@ctl.com [mailto:vasilis.economides@ctl.com] -> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 11:21 AM -> To: informix-list@iiug.org -> Subject: Informix error -> -> -> Hi, -> -> I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try -> to initialize it -> I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?...

Informix SE installation error
Hi everybody. I'm Francesco from Italy. I would to install Informix SE 7.25 UC1 on Linux RedHat 8.0 but I receive this error message: IBM-Informix-etc/install: line 317: 1286 illegal instruction $BRAND -n -s $SERNUM $KEY $NAM Can someone help me ? Thanks. Francesco Unless it's been fixed you need to be on RH7.x for SE. There is supposed to be a patch/fix out Q1/04 though, I'd check with your supplier Francesco wrote: > > Hi everybody. > I'm Francesco from Italy. > > I would to install Informix SE 7.25 UC1 on Linux RedHat 8...

Error -103 Informix SE
Hi All Versions: SCO Unix vers 5.0.5 Informix SE 5.08.UD1 SQL vers 4.17.UC1 RDS vers 4.17.UC1 I receive error -103 and -245 when running the following select from SQL or 4gl. select shmtdqty,shmtdcst,shmtdval,shcust,shwh,shprod from opsasummm where shwh = "11" and shprod = "07982-12942" and shcust = "125202" If I replace the last line in the wherepart with and shcust matches "*125202*" everything runs fine. The unique key on the C-ISAM file is shwh char(2) shprod char(20) and shcust char(8) The table contains: 5970 Rows 11...