Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales

Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool.  This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-)

0
Double

No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the
IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she
was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG
himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the
beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want
users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if
that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out.

DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have
knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off
apparently....").

Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of
these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple.

Mark Scranton
Informix 1995-2006

Double Echo wrote:
> Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool.  This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-)

0
mark
10/15/2006 11:10:05 PM
Mark,

I'm not sure about the inner workings of IBM or Informix, so I can't
dispute any of your claims, any more than I can prove what was whispered
in my ear.  But if you will re-read my posts you will see that I've
carefully worded it to avoid any premise of _facts_.  I have no way of
verifying my information or disputing your claims, but really it really
doesn't matter to me one way or the other.   I heard buzz, I'm passing
it along as buzz.   If you want sport in attacking _me_, that's something
that a lot of people like to do, but it only really makes you look like
another angry retard here in c.d.i.

What _is_ important is that there has apparently been some forward
movement in the right direction--(I'm hoping here, again I have no
proof, only buzz)--of getting a download out that allows people to
test-drive the software and make decisions from there.   I think from
what I've heard that it's still not totally where I would want it to
be, for example, I also heard that replication is disabled and that
there is some kind of restriction on processes.  What is really needed
is to get the real deal out there, no restrictions.  I'm going to have
to apparently pass on this download and bother a VAR to get a real
version for my own evaluation, not something I really want to do, but
it appears that IBM is slowly moving in the right direction, and
eventually I'll be able to get a real production version directly
off the web.  Timing is critical to this so let's hope something
happens sooner than later.  Taking out the time-bomb is a great
first step, let's see a totally production version available and
this will be a really great opportunity for people to get
Informix and see how it works.  If the IIUG can help to make this
happen they will be doing us all a lot of good.

mark.scranton@gmail.com wrote:
> No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the
> IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she
> was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG
> himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the
> beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want
> users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if
> that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out.
>
> DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have
> knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off
> apparently....").
>
> Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of
> these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple.
>

> Mark Scranton
> Informix 1995-2006
>
> Double Echo wrote:
>> Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool.  This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-)

0
Double
10/16/2006 3:18:14 AM
"Angry retard" - now THAT's funny, no matter where you're from! I think
the last time I was called that I was in, uh, grade school? I mean I
really, really did laugh when reading that.

But I do appreciate your words of wisdom....see, I'm in the middle of
writing a white paper ("How to Run an IDS Shop - When Angry and Not
Very Smart")...was needing a nice break.

Mark.

Double Echo wrote:
> [...]
> > that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out.
> >
> > DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have
> > knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off
> > apparently....").
> >
> > Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of
> > these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple.
> >

> > Mark Scranton
> > Informix 1995-2006
> >
> > Double Echo wrote:
> >> Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool.  This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-)

10/16/2006 5:04:35 AM
On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 16:10 -0700, mark.scranton@gmail.com wrote:
> No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the
> IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she
> was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG
> himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the
> beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want
> users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if
> that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out.
> DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have
> knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off
> apparently....").
> Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of
> these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple.

Hanven't they?  I remember that this was all explained; a while ago now,
but still, it was explained.   <aside> Not wanting to record and keep
people's information seems a valid complaint to me;  having been on the
board of a couple of non-profits I can assure you the potential that has
to become a political nightmare.  My preference would be that IBM just
provides the download from their site (as they do with DB2) and record
[or not] whatever information they want.  I don't see why IIUG would
even be involved in a demonstration version of a product.  But unlike DE
I (a) don't think a free version is going to make-or-break Informix (or
make much of a difference at all) and (b) I realize my personal opinion
isn't worth a cold turd in the context of the 'great debate'.</aside>

0
Adam
10/16/2006 1:07:38 PM
Mark,

I did not call you an angry retard, I suggested that's what you are if you want
to engage in the sport of slamming me.  If that doesn't apply to you then you
shouldn't worry.   But I'm sure you're a good authoritative reference on your
white paper though, stay with it.  Just do me a favor and don't mis-characterize
me as someone who spews rumors as facts.  I don't speak about what I don't know,
and if somebody passes me a rumor, I pass it along as such.  I also hear alot
more than I share here.  Not everything is suitable for public consumption.

> [...]
>>> IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she
>>> was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG
>>> himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the
>>> beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want
>>> users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if
>>> that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out.
>>>
>>> DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have
>>> knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off
>>> apparently....").
>>>
>>> Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of
>>> these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple.
>>>

>>> Mark Scranton

off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process
bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that

0
Double
10/16/2006 2:55:42 PM
Double Echo said:
> Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website
> will not have a timebomb... very cool.  This is something that IIUG
> President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the
> versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux,
> Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more
> than that don't ask me... :-)

Yeah, he's a useless bastard, isn't he? All that navel-gazing...

--
Bye now,
Obnoxio

"... no bill is required as no value was provided."
-- Christine Normile

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

0
Obnoxio
10/17/2006 1:42:20 PM
mark.scranton@gmail.com said:
> "Angry retard" - now THAT's funny, no matter where you're from! I think
> the last time I was called that I was in, uh, grade school?

Really? I get called that all the time.

> But I do appreciate your words of wisdom....see, I'm in the middle of
> writing a white paper ("How to Run an IDS Shop - When Angry and Not
> Very Smart")...was needing a nice break.

Why don't you make it a Red Paper and stick it up on the IBM website?

--
Bye now,
Obnoxio

"... no bill is required as no value was provided."
-- Christine Normile

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

0
Obnoxio
10/17/2006 1:46:08 PM
Ah....a "Red Paper".....there has to be an analogy there with respect
to "bloodshed" and the treatment of IDS over the last few
years.....anyone?

Mark.

Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
> mark.scranton@gmail.com said:
> > "Angry retard" - now THAT's funny, no matter where you're from! I think
> > the last time I was called that I was in, uh, grade school?
>
> Really? I get called that all the time.
>
> > But I do appreciate your words of wisdom....see, I'm in the middle of
> > writing a white paper ("How to Run an IDS Shop - When Angry and Not
> > Very Smart")...was needing a nice break.
>
> Why don't you make it a Red Paper and stick it up on the IBM website?
>
> --
> Bye now,
> Obnoxio
>
> "... no bill is required as no value was provided."
> -- Christine Normile
>
> --
> dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
> believed to be clean.

0
mark
10/17/2006 7:52:48 PM
mark.scranton@gmail.com said:
> Ah....a "Red Paper".....there has to be an analogy there with respect
> to "bloodshed" and the treatment of IDS over the last few
> years.....anyone?

I was more thinking "tampons", myself.

--
Bye now,
Obnoxio

"... no bill is required as no value was provided."
-- Christine Normile

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.

0
Obnoxio
10/17/2006 8:35:38 PM
All hail the President?

--- Double Echo <doubleecho@your.com> wrote:

> Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of
> IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb...
> very cool.  This is something that IIUG President
> Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the
> versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be
> available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP
> (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than
> that don't ask me... :-)

http://mail.yahoo.com
0
Jerry
10/18/2006 12:58:17 PM
Oh boy....

--- "mark.scranton@gmail.com"
<mark.scranton@gmail.com> wrote:

> No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off
> when she was the
> IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile
> continued when she
> was product manager. They both were vetoed by the
> President of the IIUG
> himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn
> since the
> beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on
> anything). He didn't want
> users to have to fill out a form to get the download
> - we'll see if
> that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out.
>
> DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this
> year...you have
> knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that
> SL pulled off
> apparently....").
>
> Too bad someone from the current board that knows
> all the details of
> these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is
> pretty clear and simple.
>

> Mark Scranton
> Informix 1995-2006
>
> Double Echo wrote:
> > Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of
> IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb...
> very cool.  This is something that IIUG President
> Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the
> versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be
> available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP
> (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than
> that don't ask me... :-)

http://mail.yahoo.com
0
Jerry
10/18/2006 12:59:36 PM
Double Echo for President!

> [...]

> > DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this
> year...you have
> > knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something
> that SL pulled off
> > apparently....").
> >
> > Too bad someone from the current board that knows
> all the details of
> > these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is
> pretty clear and simple.
> >

> > Mark Scranton
> > Informix 1995-2006
> >
> > Double Echo wrote:
> >> Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of
> IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb...
> very cool.  This is something that IIUG President
> Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the
> versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be
> available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP
> (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than

http://mail.yahoo.com
0
Jerry
10/18/2006 1:00:38 PM
As a former IIUG board member and President,,,I can
personally validate your assessment as 100% accurate.

--- "mark.scranton@gmail.com"
<mark.scranton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah....a "Red Paper".....there has to be an analogy
> there with respect
> to "bloodshed" and the treatment of IDS over the
> last few
> years.....anyone?
>
> Mark.
>

> Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
> > mark.scranton@gmail.com said:
> > > "Angry retard" - now THAT's funny, no matter
> where you're from! I think
> > > the last time I was called that I was in, uh,
> grade school?
> >
> > Really? I get called that all the time.
> >
> > > But I do appreciate your words of wisdom....see,
> I'm in the middle of
> > > writing a white paper ("How to Run an IDS Shop -
> When Angry and Not
> > > Very Smart")...was needing a nice break.
> >
> > Why don't you make it a Red Paper and stick it up
> on the IBM website?
> >
> > --
> > Bye now,
> > Obnoxio
> >
> > "... no bill is required as no value was
> provided."
> > -- Christine Normile
> >
> > --
> > dangerous content by
> OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
> > believed to be clean.

http://mail.yahoo.com
0
Jerry

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). ...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Informix
I'm trying to port an Informix application from SCO Unix 3.2.4.2 to OpenServer 6. Everything works except "sqlexecd", which aborts with a bad system call trying to open /dev/inet/tcp. The 3.2.4.2 Informix binaries are from Informix OnLine Version 5.0. Has anyone done this, or have any advice on how to proceed? -- Richard Seeder AApex Information Systems Richard, I believe there is an OSR5 compatibility bug in one of the ioctl calls made by sqlexecd. I think this affects all timod ioctls from OSR5, e.g., TI_GETINFO, TI_OPTMGMT, TI_BIND, etc. A bug has raised against ...

Informix
About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix Regards, Chavan Koya Someone needs to review the security as it appears to have been deleted by the time I got there:-)) Chavan Koya wrote: > > About Informix --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informix > > Regards, > Chavan Koya -- Paul Watson # Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory Tel: +44 1436 672201 # Growing up is optional Fax: +44 1436 678693 # Mob: +44 7818 003457 # www.oninit.com # Paul Watson wrote: > Someone needs to ...

Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day
Informix Tech Day Tuesday, November 9, 2010 Washington Area Informix User Group - Informix Tech Day - A FREE event for Informix Users * Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:00am to 5:00pm * Location: Crowne Plaza National Airport 1480 Crystal Drive Arlington, VA 22202 * (Near the Crystal City Metro) Save the day and join us for an exciting live demo and technical look under the covers of the newest and latest Informix technology . More information will be coming here soon! Details will be announce after the official release of the next version of Informix. Agenda: ...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Informix User Forum 2006 - 2 day Informix Technical Conference for Users by Informix Users
A two-day Informix User Group Technical Conference - Friday and Saturday, December 8-9, 2006 The Washington Area Informix User Group (WAIUG) based in Washington, DC, and the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, are teaming up once again to present Informix User Forum 2006. This will be the premiere Informix regional user group technical conference in the world. This is a user conference planned and run by Informix users for Informix users. I have been putting together the Washington Area Informix Users Group Forums since 1994 and last year's was the best event we have done to date. We had over 170 participants from 8 countries and 30 states in the US. There were 14 sponsors with products for the Informix user community. There were 32 technical presentations, by speakers who are Informix developers from IBM and DBA users from around the world. The message was very clear from IBM that Informix is a critical product and will continue to have a great future. The message from the users attending was also very clear, no other product does the job of Informix and we are loyal to what works. To view the results and presentations for last year's forum visit: http://www.iiug.org/waiug/present/Forum2005/Forum2005.html This years Forum looks to be even better then last year. We are very please to announce our Keynote Speakers --------------------------------------------------- * Friday, 8:00am December 8, 2006 � Ambuj Goyal, General M...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Informix Upgrade Optons for an ancient Informix system
Ok, So I stumbled onto some Informix work! yay! I got a call for help from someone who owns a rather ancient system: SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC7A But it's not just any ancient system, it's been hacked...it's a Sun box that has been rootkit'd. They did a good job of hosing up the system, but Informix is still running. Unfortunately I can't use ps -ef to even see what is running, they hosed up most of the commands necessary to monitor the system. This is an ancient system, most of the wo...

Down Informix -
HP-UX 11.11 Informix 7.31 FD 8 =========================================================== The instance informix key and occurred the following message of error: 10:44:05 Assert Failed: No Exception Handler 10:44:05 Who: Session(11289017, unique01@c0a8646f, 1388, -609530840) Thread(12620565, xchg_1.0, c0000000cf6f4bb8, 1) File: mtex.c Line: 471 10:44:05 Results: Exception Caught. Type: MT_EX_OS, Context: mem 10:44:05 Action: Please notify IBM Informix Technical Support. 10:44:05 Stack for thread: 12620565 xchg_1.0 some reference with respect to the CAUSE of this fall. thank you very much Juan Pablo wrote: > > HP-UX 11.11 > Informix 7.31 FD 8 > =========================================================== > The instance informix key and occurred the following message of error: > > 10:44:05 Assert Failed: No Exception Handler > 10:44:05 Who: Session(11289017, unique01@c0a8646f, 1388, -609530840) > Thread(12620565, xchg_1.0, c0000000cf6f4bb8, 1) > File: mtex.c Line: 471 > 10:44:05 Results: Exception Caught. Type: MT_EX_OS, Context: mem > 10:44:05 Action: Please notify IBM Informix Technical Support. > 10:44:05 Stack for thread: 12620565 xchg_1.0 > Does this line give you a clue as to what to do? 10:44:05 Action: Please notify IBM Informix Technical Support. Clive Eisen said: > Does this line give you a cl...

Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK
Does Somebody would tell me the difference between those Informix products? And the estimated cost of each one (for Linux) ? Thanks in advance regards sending to informix-list Go to http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/informix/tools/ The Client SDK can be downloaded from there for free. "Francisco Roldan" <froldan@5b.com.gt> wrote in message news:bef377$h7m$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Does Somebody would tell me the difference between > those Informix products? > > And the estimated cost of each one (for Linux) ? > &...

Informix 7.3 to Informix 9.x
I have an Informix question that I hope someone can give some input on=2E W= e=0D=0Aare currently running Informix 7=2E3 on HPUX 10=2E20=2E We're planni= ng to=0D=0Aupgrade HP to 11i and want to move ahead in upgrading Informix t= o 9=2Ex=2E=0D=0AWe've had the 9=2E2 and 9=2E3 versions of Informix for a fe= w years now but=0D=0Awas never able to get around to moving forward with an= upgrade=2E My hope=0D=0Ais that you can answer these questions based on yo= ur experience and what=0D=0Ayou know to be true:=0D=0A=0D=0A1=2E Is Inform= ix 7=2E3 compatible on HPUX 11i?=0D=0A2=2E Wh...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

What is Informix?
I'm writing a history of Informix and description of its product sets today for my website. A draft is at homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.truby. If anyone would care to review and comment, or add some text, I'd be very appreciative. thanks Neil Neil Truby wrote: > I'm writing a history of Informix and description of its product sets today > for my website. A draft is at homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.truby. If anyone > would care to review and comment, or add some text, I'd be very > appreciative. > > thanks > Neil > > Well not t...

Informix User Forum 2005
Informix User Forum 2005 Moving Forward With Informix A Two-Day User Group Technical Conference December 8-9 in Atlanta, GA I have been putting together the Washington Area Informix Users Group (WAIUG) Forums since 1994 and this event promises to be our best one ever. We have teamed up with the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, to present Informix User Forum 2005, the premiere Informix user group technical conference in 2005. I attended and presented at the IDUG/IIUG conference in May and the IBM Data Management conference in September, and I am more excit...

FW: RE: Informix IDS query to the Informix -list
Fwd from sputnik� ________________________________________ From: None [mailto:myinformix@rediffmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 02:08 To: Jean Georges Perrin Subject: Re: RE: Informix IDS query to the Informix -list � Hi Jean, Thank you for your prompt reply. If you can please publish the following request in informix-list@iiug.org where all our Informix gurus are roaming. I am a registered user at iiug an it was my first attempt to publish anything. Please let me know if this is not possible for you to publish in the above list. Thank you very much. Sputnik...

Desc:[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure.
This is ids 9.4 TC2 on Windows 2000. The ODBC driver is 3.82 What usually causes this? [Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure. Src:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Info:Unspecified error Message: The program was doing an update on a few rows of one table. sending to informix-list ...

Web resources about - Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.