Informix Perl DBI/ESQL/Online problem

I am trying to install the Informix DBI drivers for Perl onto our AIX
4.3.3 machine where we are running a very old Informix OnLine 5.10.UC1.

I have downloaded the DBD-Informix-2005.01 package and it requires
ESQL/C, which it suggests can be sourced as part of the Informix Client
SDK (Version 2.81) which I have installed.

The problem is, I can't get the ESQL/C to make a successful connection
into the Informix databases. It keeps telling me I do not have
permission which suggests a missing hosts.equiv entry, although I do
have every name I can think of in here. Both the client and server are
the same machine, so I would have hoped it was going to be straight
forward.

I'm left wondering if there is just version incompatibility, as one of
the README files for the SDK says that the lowest tested Informix
version is "Informix Dynamic Server 5.20.XX".

The sqlhosts entry we are trying is :

labserver       onsoctcp        labserver       sqlexec

The hosts.equiv entries are :

labserver
labserver.medlab.co.nz
medlabh
medlabh.medlab.co.nz
localhost
localhost.medlab.co.nz

Each of these machine names exist in our hosts file.

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Stu

0
Stewart

Stewart Hague wrote:
> I am trying to install the Informix DBI drivers for Perl onto our AIX
> 4.3.3 machine where we are running a very old Informix OnLine 5.10.UC1.
>
> I have downloaded the DBD-Informix-2005.01 package and it requires
> ESQL/C, which it suggests can be sourced as part of the Informix Client
> SDK (Version 2.81) which I have installed.

For most people, that's the best choice.  If you have OnLine 5.x, you
might be better off with ESQL/C 5.x, where x should be pretty much the
same version in both OnLine and ESQL/C.  However, you should be able to
get CSDK 2.81 (ESQL/C 9.53) to connect too.

> The problem is, I can't get the ESQL/C to make a successful connection
> into the Informix databases. It keeps telling me I do not have
> permission which suggests a missing hosts.equiv entry, although I do
> have every name I can think of in here. Both the client and server are
> the same machine, so I would have hoped it was going to be straight
> forward.
>
> I'm left wondering if there is just version incompatibility, as one of
> the README files for the SDK says that the lowest tested Informix
> version is "Informix Dynamic Server 5.20.XX".
>
> The sqlhosts entry we are trying is :
>
> labserver       onsoctcp        labserver       sqlexec

Have you run the OnLine sqlexecd?  Indeed, with OnLine 5.10, do you have
I-Net installed - it was an optional extra in 5.10 though it is standard
in 5.20 (and 6.00 and later servers, which is why it was finally made
standard in 5.20).

Absent that, you need to use a different, local connection - possibly
olipcpip, possibly seipcpip, possibly something else.  And, if you're
using the ipcpip notation, the 'service' needs to be sqlturbo - the name
of the program in $INFORMIXDIR/lib to be run as the database server.

> The hosts.equiv entries are :
>
> labserver
> labserver.medlab.co.nz
> medlabh
> medlabh.medlab.co.nz
> localhost
> localhost.medlab.co.nz
>
> Each of these machine names exist in our hosts file.
>
> Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Sorry this got lost - it helps to include DBD::Informix in the subject.

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com
Jonathan
5/12/2005 4:54:32 AM
Thanks for getting back to me about this.

We do have I-Net installed and are running sqlexecd. We have several
users who use ODBC connections into the database concerned, and that
all works fine.

As per your suggestion, I have tried "labserver olipcpip labserver
sqlturbo" as the sqlhosts entry, and this changes my error to "-25591 :
Transport control received an invalid connection address."

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks.

0
Stewart

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01
bottom right side, click office, followed by edit current. Click the mail tab. Go to the bottom and change mime to rich text. Thanks to June Hunt I changed mine (mime) fairly recently! peace Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@earthli nk.net> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org ...

ANNOUNCE: Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0521 (2013-05-21) released
--047d7b343dca86897004dd48a93a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0521 (2013-05-21) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.16.2 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2013.0521 * Support CSDK 4.10 for IDS 12.10 * Change work email address to jleffler@google.com New in release 2013.0206: * Bug fix release (not generally available). * Properly handle the new ESQL/C version 4.10. New in release 2013.0113: * Bug fix release. * Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data. * Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl re...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) released
--0015176f0996166e0804a58b6ddc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 After 3 years and 1 month bar 1 day, a new version of DBD::Informix hits the streets - well, CPAN, anyway. The primary change - support for Perl 5.14.0. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.14.0 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.616 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release :PRODVER:: * Minor bug fix release. * Main change is related to Perl internals and avoids the need for PERL_POLLUTE. This change is not visible to users except that Perl 5.14.x can use the fixed code. * Fixed problem with string that is not null terminated by ESQL/C library. *...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) released
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2005.02: * The changes here are all related to improved diagnostics during the build process. For example, esqlcc works in debug mode once more. * Fix bug with INT8 handling on 64-bit platforms. * Identify dubious Solaris linker flags (-z ignore is the trouble maker; -z lazyload is the memorable one; -z combreloc usually occurs with them and might or might not be damaging). * Identify dubious AIX compiler flags (-qlanglvl=ansi). * Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_RESOURCE environment variable for under-privileged Informix users (those with CONNECT privilege only). * Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_D...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) released
--047d7b66f2393d6a7604d39d2cc7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.16.2 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2013.0118: * Bug fix release. * Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data. * Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl regex metacharacters. * Other minor improvements as documented in the ChangeLog. * Formal support for ESQL/C 7.x and 8.x (don't ask why the current version numbers are smaller) will be dropped after this release. The code w...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) released
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 006497ED88256FC5_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for...

INFORMIX database
Hi, Overview : ------------- We have an Informix database (SE) installed for storing test cases. But in the recent times we are experiencing a strange behaviour while inserting some entries into the database.Typically the database seems to be working fine and we are able to perform all the queries on the database. Problem : ------------ We started experiencing problems while INSERTING entries into the database from past few days. Usually in the morning the database is working fine and we are able to even perform the INSERT operation succesfully. But after few hours of usage, th...

Informix DBD, PERL and esql
Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0 Thread model: aix gcc vers...

Restore Informix Database Problem
I need to restore informix database(IDS 7.31 in Window NT4.0) from a backup tape. Below is my problem: 1. When I'm use warm restore 'ontape -r'. It's show the error as below: "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current blocksize is incorrect. Invalid Archive Tape." 2. When I'm use cold restore 'ontape -r'. It's show the error as below: "C:\INFORMIX\bin>ontape -r Please mount tape 1 on \\.\TAPE0 and press Return to continue ... When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current blocksize is incorrect. Physical restore failed - function read archive backup failed code -1 errno 0 Program over." I am not sure how to tackle the problem above. I have also make the 'TAPEBLK' for backup & restore in the same value <Eg: # System Archive Tape Device TAPEDEV \\.\TAPE0 # Tape device path TAPEBLK 20 # Tape block size (Kbytes) TAPESIZE 8192000 # Maximum amount of data to put on tape (Kbytes)> But the same error still occur. Any idea for what I can do? probably not however: if you have a linux machine where you can attach a tapedev to... try and dd the first bit of to a file eq dd if=<tapedev> of=somefile bs=<blocksize used when backup was created>k count=12 if you get an error you may try a different...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Perl DBI and Informix BYTE fields
Has anyone worked with Informix (IDS 7.31.4, if that makes any difference) BYTE fields (which can store binary data) and Perl DBI? I've set up a test table, in which I'm trying to store PDFs. It seems to load into the database okay, but when I pull it out of the database, I get something that appears to be a pdf (i.e., it begins with the magic number %PDF-1.3), but it (a) is larger than the pdf that was uploaded, and (b) cannot be read by Acrobat Reader, which complains that "The file is damaged and could not be repaired." I defined the table as follows: create t...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql
sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-a...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

installing perl DBI and DBD::Informix Modules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C4381A.50468300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello ,=20 I have a solaris 2.8 and IDS 9.30 UC3 .=20 I wanted to install latest perl( 5.8 ) and DBI and DBD::Informix = modules.=20 =20 Looks like the installation is deleting some files ( esqlc from my /usr/Informix/lib directory). Also it failed to compile esqltest.ec file in the perl DBD bundle.=20 =20 Can any body suggest me the right docs or a procedure to in...

Re: Perl DBI and Informix BYTE fields
chomp Brock Sides wrote: > Has anyone worked with Informix (IDS 7.31.4, if that makes any > difference) BYTE fields (which can store binary data) and Perl DBI? > I've set up a test table, in which I'm trying to store PDFs. It seems > to load into the database okay, but when I pull it out of the > database, I get something that appears to be a pdf (i.e., it begins > with the magic number %PDF-1.3), but it (a) is larger than the pdf > that was uploaded, and (b) cannot be read by Acrobat Reader, which > complains that "The file is damaged and co...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #4
Thanks to all !! I posted most of it for your consumption, if you need it all email me, and I will send it. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:27 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Superboer wrote: > ahum did a quick search for aix and > loc_t ... > check out > > -D_H_LOCALEDEF Yes - that was a major part of the problem. Sam now has a severely hacked AIX-specific ESQL/C script that works with GCC. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.01 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ sending to informix-list ...

Informix ESQL COBOL : how to connect to another database
The configuration that we are trying is the following: - RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.1 - Microfocus Server Express 5.1 - Informix Dynamic Server 11:50 The server has a database instance with the database "DbA"; We have another server on the network with another instance with a database "DbB"; from a cobol program, we need to work on the default local database DbA and perform a query (or other sql activity) on a database DbB on the remote server; the sql statement that we use and that works from dbaccess is as follows: select * from DbBServer@DbB1_tcp:table_arc...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #3
Gentsch, Sam said: > This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of > gcc prowess. > No comments from you OTC! :) I would never mock someone's inability to perform. Much. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere. sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #2
After stripping every flag out of the esql program that it whined about I get down to: gcc: CC_TH=gcc: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/include/sys/localedef.h:46, from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/stdlib.h: 538, from esqlbasic.ec:25: /usr/include/sys/localedef31.h:195: error: conflicting types for `loc_t' /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6/incl/esql/locator.h:123: error: previous declaration of `loc_t' This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of gcc prowess. No comments from you OTC! :) Thanks again, Sam -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:50 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixin...

Web resources about - Informix Perl DBI/ESQL/Online problem - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.