Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library

For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses =
the Informix .NET Provider.  Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9.  Source =
can be found here:

http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as=
px

CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code.  We're using it to =
generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here.

I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise =
Library (June 2005 release).  If anyone is interested, just let me know =
and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com).

Thanks,
=A0
Sean.
0
Sean

Sean Baker napisa�(a):
> For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider.  Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9.  Source can be found here:
>
> http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx
>
> CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code.  We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here.
>
> I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release).  If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean.
I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise
Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and
I've wrote the provider.
Unfortunately unit tests included in the Library revealed that my
provider does not work correctly in many scenarios.
I've discovered that all this problems are related to buggy Informix
..NET 2.90 driver.
Problems with 2.90 driver are:
  - no support for multiple result sets (example sql string:
      "Select * from Region; Select * from Orders");
  - undocumented DeriveParameters which behaves differently than MS SQL
counterpart - different stored procedure parameter counting, RETURN in
place of expected RETURN_VALUE parameter;
  - supported only en_us locale in Windows (issue with formating numeric
values for pl_PL locale - CP1250);

So how you've made that magic that Enterprise Library works with
Informix driver? I'm very interested in it because my own approach
failed. I.e. basic functionality works, more complex doesn't.

Robert
0
robsosno

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

Informix Informix :: Rumors and other tales
Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions..."They are a 5 process limit and will be available for Linux, Windows, AIX, SUN and HP (Itanium 64 bit)" ... ( I don't know any more than that don't ask me... :-) No - this is something that Carolyn Woods pulled off when she was the IBM Liason to the IIUG, and then Christine Normile continued when she was product manager. They both were vetoed by the President of the IIUG himself. Carolyn finally gave up (I've known Carolyn since the beginning of time - she doesn't "give up" on anything). He didn't want users to have to fill out a form to get the download - we'll see if that has to happen or not when 10.5 comes out. DE - you should run for President of the IIUG this year...you have knack for stating rumor as fact ("...something that SL pulled off apparently...."). Too bad someone from the current board that knows all the details of these "events" doesn't speak up - the story is pretty clear and simple. Mark Scranton Informix 1995-2006 Double Echo wrote: > Rumor has it that the latest upcoming download of IDS at the IIUG website will not have a timebomb... very cool. This is something that IIUG President Stuart Litel has apparently pulled off for all the versions......

Informix Training for Informix Users
Hello, Free Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Informix Training at Advanced DataTools Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We have classes for new Informix DBA's or advanced Informix DBA's. Attend a advanced class taught by Lester Knutsen and Art Kagal. Register early as our classes filled up last year. March 11-14, 2013 - Informix for Database Administrators. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning IBM Informix 11, 10, or 7 databases. July 15-18, 2013 - Advanced Informix Performance Tuning. This course is for database administrators and application developers who ...

Reorganising an Informix Database
Hello Friends, I would like to know some few steps on Reorganizing an Informix Database. The tablesizes range from anywhere between just a few Mbytes to 30Gigs.... Does anybody know any simple steps for Reorganizing a Database in Informix? Any basic steps would be very helpful. Also, I would like to know how to estimate future space requirements for huge tables... Thanks a lot. On Jun 11, 1:24 pm, fun-do <prash...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Friends, > > I would like to know some few steps on Reorganizing an Informix > Database. The tablesizes range from anywhere between just a few Mbytes > to 30Gigs.... > > Does anybody know any simple steps for Reorganizing a Database in > Informix? > Any basic steps would be very helpful. > > Also, I would like to know how to estimate future space requirements > for huge tables... > > Thanks a lot. In general, Informix databases don't require reorganization except under specific circumstances: 1- You've deleted a large number of rows and the table(s) will never reuse that freed space, so you'd like to release it for reuse by other tables. 2- You perform significant numbers of sequential processing of a large percentage of the data in a particular table and would like the table to physically match the processing order by clause to speed processing for those requests. 3- You want to move a table or index to another dbspace ...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have ...

Informix database virtualization
Has anyone experience with running Informix on vmware or other virtualization solutions ? What pitfalls are there to be aware of when running your database on a virtualized infrastructure ? Are there any best practices ? Krgds Alain Deschamps alain deschamps wrote: > Has anyone experience with running Informix on vmware or other > virtualization solutions ? > What pitfalls are there to be aware of when running your database on a > virtualized infrastructure ? > Are there any best practices ? > We ran (still run I'm sure) IDS on Solaris partitioned machines at my former employer. You'd never know they weren't running on a physical machine. Art S. Kagel Oninit > Krgds > Alain Deschamps > _______________________________________________ > Informix-list mailing list > Informix-list@iiug.org > http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list > > > Hi, I saw one running on XEN Linux. The VM was running in paravirtualization mode.The usual OS-dependent functionality was OK: no age, processor affinity, raw devices, direct I/O. It did not have UDRs and datablades. Performance was about the same as running IDS in the domain0 (i.e. native on Linux without VM). Though no extensive performance testing was done at that time. So it looked quite usable. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management IBM Deutschl...

Start informix database
Hello, I had an informix database in the unix server. The server has been restarted and now I can't start the database. I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default database but not the database that I created.I haven't errors. The configuration of INFORMIXDIR, INFROMIXSERVER, sqlhosts and onconfig is correct. What can I do? Regards, ...

Informix database creation
Hi all, I'm new to Informix db (as you can probably deduct from my post). I'm trying to add multiple dbspaces on one raw partition on Solaris 8 Here is the what I currently have: $ onstat -d Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.FD6 -- On-Line -- Up 6 days 00:23:01 -- 41984 Kbytes Dbspaces address number flags fchunk nchunks flags owner name b07a1c0 1 1 1 1 N informix rootdbs 1 active, 2047 maximum Chunks address chk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathname b07a2a8 1...

FW: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Sql Server, Postgres and Mysql are also supported, at least by 4js. -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of malcolm weallans Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 4:53 AM To: 'Bruce Truter'; informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database? Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visi...

space on informix database
I am having some problems with the dimension of an Informix database and, as I�m pretty new to this environment, I would appreciate any help. some information: informix online 7.1 on Unix 5.0.4 Sco Open Server Informix database on /dev/dbditte htfs filesystem Now, the space on dbditte filesystem is becoming low and I need to increment the space. How can I do? have I to create a new partition and after copy the complete database into the new partition? how? or have I to increment the space of the old file? Thanks in advance. Marco Dell'Oca > informix o...

Benchmarking for Informix database
Dear all, I was wondering if there are any benchmarking tool that I can use to calculate TPM of an Informix database on a particular server? Thanks, Peter ...

Rowids in Informix Databases
Hi All, We have created a database in informix 9.40 on HP Itanium machine. The tables doesn't have rowid column. Is there way to create the database such that all the tables have rowid column? Please let me know regarding this. Thanks in advance. Regards, Vijay Kumar sending to informix-list Vijay, "rowid" is a column in each table, it's just a silent column (see below). But you should not rely on it since it may not be unique. You should create your own unique field. Hope this helps. Brice $ onstat - Informix Dynamic Server Version 9.40.UC1 ...

PHP with Informix database
Hi, I'm completely new in PHP. We now use Informix databases. Is there a way to get information out of these databases? Where can I find more information? thanks, Danny Danny De Koster wrote: > Hi, > > I'm completely new in PHP. We now use Informix databases. Is > there a way to get information out of these databases? > > Where can I find more information? > > thanks, > Danny goto www.php.net and search for Informix on the whole site. You will find several references to using Informix with PHP. -- Jerry Gitomer ...

Web resources about - Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library - comp.databases.informix