java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table

Hello NG,

with Informix I get the error
java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table  in my servlet after
253 or 254 selects/updates. Any idea how to solve this Problem. Its Informix
SE and its not a Problem from the jdbc driver....

Chris

0
Christian

You can find the text behind any error message by typing finderr
<msgno> at the command prompt. The ones you're getting come out as:

-253    Identifier length exceeds the maximum allowed by this version
of the server.

A name in the statement exceeds the maximum length. In 7.x, 8.x, and
9.1x
versions of the database server, the maximum length for identifiers in
SQL
statements is 18 characters. In 9.2 and later versions of the database
server, the maximum length for identifiers in SQL statements is 128
characters.

Check the length of the names and whether a typographical error caused
two
names to run together.

and

-254    Too many or too few host variables given.

The number of host variables that you named in the INTO clause of this
statement does not match the number of "?" place holders that you
wrote
into the statement. Locate the text of the statement (in a PREPARE or
DECLARE statement), and verify the number of place holders. Then
review
the list in the INTO clause to see which item is incorrect.

Andy

"Christian Gauler" <horser@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<bpiplq$1no0h1$1@ID-76367.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Hello NG,
>
> with Informix I get the error
> java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table  in my servlet after
> 253 or 254 selects/updates. Any idea how to solve this Problem. Its Informix
> SE and its not a Problem from the jdbc driver....
>

> Chris
0
andykent

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8...

How many times can we see the same request from someone who wants to access data from a 'pick' database through what has come to be 'standard' practices (odbc, oledb) and still get the same old sloppy ' buy this proprietary utility (and above all, my services)' answer. I think most of these pick flavors should have some sort of layer (by now!) to handle this; If someone needs to do this, the service is really 'education' i.e to show them how. Lets cut the shit now and stop with this tired and silly BS and sad marketing schlock. Regards, -Jim ...

Database and java.sql.SQLException Questions
Hello everyone!! I am back for some more much need advice and assistance! I am creating a database for the first time. I am changing some programs I recently wrote to work with this database that have to do with Salesmen. I am getting the below error when I compile CreateDatabase.java. In that I am creating the database SalesDatabase and then creating 5 tables (Users, SType, Salesman, Sales, Product). The first thing I do is create those tables and then insert informtion into the SType table and Product table. SType is the SalesType of a salesman, meaning Entry, Junior or Senior ...

Need to Open Database from another Database and delete table within
I am trying to open Database #2 while in Database #1 and delete a table that is in #2 so that I can copy a table from #1 into #2 - all through a function. My Database #2, as part of the start up, opens a form for user sign in. It is not starting up with autoexec. I do not want the function to open the window and subsequently open the form in Database #2. Is there anyway to get around this? If I put the open form in the autoexec and not in the start up, can I work around it? And if so, can anyone offer any help or suggestions on the how to's. I have spent the day trying to find a way...

Web resources about - java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table - comp.databases.informix