ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database

Hi,
I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya
(CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a
call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that
I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e.
1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login  AND 1162373168 would be
11/1/06 9:33AM - logout)

Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to
decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jahillia

If you do a small stored procedure, I guess it's doable. It would be
something like:

select myfunc(date_col) from...

my 2 cents...

jgp

Jean
11/14/2006 9:19:48 PM
jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya
> (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a
> call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that
> I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e.
> 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login  AND 1162373168 would be
> 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout)
>
> Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to
> decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it contains seconds since some basedate (like the UNIX base of Dec. 31,
1969 or the Windows base date of ...) you can use a stored procedure to add
it to a datetime of the basedate after converting it to an interval of that
many seconds.  Jonathan Leffler's posted such a procedure to this newsgroup
many times including once in the last month or two.  Poke in the IIUG Archive.

Art S. Kagel
0
Art
11/14/2006 10:50:22 PM
Art S. Kagel wrote:
> jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya
> > (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a
> > call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that
> > I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e.
> > 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login  AND 1162373168 would be
> > 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout)
> >
> > Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to
> > decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If it contains seconds since some basedate (like the UNIX base of Dec. 31,
> 1969 or the Windows base date of ...) you can use a stored procedure to add
> it to a datetime of the basedate after converting it to an interval of that
> many seconds.  Jonathan Leffler's posted such a procedure to this newsgroup
> many times including once in the last month or two.  Poke in the IIUG Archive.
>
> Art S. Kagel

Thanks Art,
I have poked through quite a few messages and  have been befuddled at
best. I will look for Jonathan's procedure, but I'm still a little new
to these boards. What's IIUG? Is the comp.databases.informix the right
group to find the info.

Thanks again...

0
jahillia
11/15/2006 3:10:27 PM
jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
> Art S. Kagel wrote:
> > jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya
> > > (CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a
> > > call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that
> > > I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e.
> > > 1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login  AND 1162373168 would be
> > > 11/1/06 9:33AM - logout)
> > >
> > > Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to
> > > decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query?
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > If it contains seconds since some basedate (like the UNIX base of Dec. 31,
> > 1969 or the Windows base date of ...) you can use a stored procedure to add
> > it to a datetime of the basedate after converting it to an interval of that
> > many seconds.  Jonathan Leffler's posted such a procedure to this newsgroup
> > many times including once in the last month or two.  Poke in the IIUG Archive.
> >
> > Art S. Kagel
>

> Thanks Art,
> I have poked through quite a few messages and  have been befuddled at
> best. I will look for Jonathan's procedure, but I'm still a little new
> to these boards. What's IIUG? Is the comp.databases.informix the right
> group to find the info.
>
> Thanks again...

In reading above, I may have not been real clear. I'm not so much
working in the Informix database as I am trying to understand data
coming out of it. I have attached the table through and ODBC connection
and am pulling data from there. Inside of the table there are two
columns that I am trying to "decipher". Inside of the CMS reporting
engine it takes the integer values and translates it to a specific date
and time. I am trying to figure out how to do it. I'm sorry if I'm not
making it clear.

0
jahillia
11/15/2006 3:23:31 PM
<jahillia@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Art S. Kagel wrote:

> > > If it contains seconds since some basedate (like the UNIX base of Dec.
31,
> > > 1969 or the Windows base date of ...) you can use a stored procedure
to add
> > > it to a datetime of the basedate after converting it to an interval of
that
> > > many seconds.  Jonathan Leffler's posted such a procedure to this
newsgroup
> > > many times including once in the last month or two.  Poke in the IIUG
Archive.

> > > Art S. Kagel
> >

> > Thanks Art,
> > I have poked through quite a few messages and  have been befuddled at
> > best. I will look for Jonathan's procedure, but I'm still a little new
> > to these boards. What's IIUG? Is the comp.databases.informix the right
> > group to find the info.
> >
> > Thanks again...
>
> In reading above, I may have not been real clear. I'm not so much
> working in the Informix database as I am trying to understand data
> coming out of it. I have attached the table through and ODBC connection
> and am pulling data from there. Inside of the table there are two
> columns that I am trying to "decipher". Inside of the CMS reporting
> engine it takes the integer values and translates it to a specific date
> and time. I am trying to figure out how to do it. I'm sorry if I'm not
> making it clear.

ok, IIUG is the Informix International User Group, (http://www.iiug.org)

Your problem is transferring the integer 1162373160 to the "real" date and
time, correct?
This integer is based as "seconds from 01/01/1970 00:00 (second 0)

For Example: put the integer in Excel into Cell A1.
Cell A2 is the formula :   A1 / 86400  + "01/01/1970"  that is: divide the
seconds by 86400 (seconds per day) and add the date of 01/01/1970 to get the
date base to the base Excel (and other M$ Stuff) is working with
(01/01/1900)
Now format cell A2 with a date and time format you like. Thats all.

This should give you the idea how to handle these date an time values. I
don�t know what you are working with, but M$ tools should be able to handle
it the way like Excel does.

regards,

Joerg

0
Joerg
11/15/2006 4:13:09 PM
jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
> Art S. Kagel wrote:
>
>>jahillia@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>I am using an ODBC connection to get user information from an Avaya
>>>(CentreVue Supervisor) system, (it's using Informix 2000). I work in a
>>>call center where we use login/logout times for agents. The table that
>>>I'm getting data from gives it in an long integer format. (i.e.
>>>1162373160 would be 11/1/06 9:26AM - login  AND 1162373168 would be
>>>11/1/06 9:33AM - logout)
>>>
>>>Also, I'm using Access 97 as a capture point. Is there any way to
>>>decode the integer date ? like with an Access or SQL query?
>>>
>>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>If it contains seconds since some basedate (like the UNIX base of Dec. 31,
>>1969 or the Windows base date of ...) you can use a stored procedure to add
>>it to a datetime of the basedate after converting it to an interval of that
>>many seconds.  Jonathan Leffler's posted such a procedure to this newsgroup
>>many times including once in the last month or two.  Poke in the IIUG Archive.
>>
>>Art S. Kagel
>

> Thanks Art,
> I have poked through quite a few messages and  have been befuddled at
> best. I will look for Jonathan's procedure, but I'm still a little new
> to these boards. What's IIUG? Is the comp.databases.informix the right
> group to find the info.

IIUG is the International Informix Users' Group (www.iiug.org).  It is a
user run and funded organization by and for the Informix community.
Membership is free (sign up online).  There are several technical and
non-technical forums available to members through the IIUG web site.  The
IDS Forum is the equivalent of this newsgroup (CDI or
comp.databases.informix) and there is also an email gateway to CDI
(informix-list@iiug.org).  There are also archives of the forums and of this
newsgroup on the site.

The site also posts news of interest to the Informix user community and
hosts the IIUG Software Repository a collection of scripts and programs
contributed by the user community to help make each others' lives easier.
Please join as IBM listens to us and if you can get involved.

It is fine to post questions like yours here and most of the folk that
monitor the IIUG Forums also monitor CDI.

Art S. Kagel
0
Art
11/15/2006 5:45:47 PM
"Art S. Kagel" <kagel@bloomberg.net> wrote in message

> IIUG is the International Informix Users' Group (www.iiug.org).  It is a
> user run and funded organization

Er ....?

0
Captain

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where yo...

Specify port no to connect to Informix Database through ODBC
Hi, I'm developing a socket program to connect to Informix database through the ODBC. In here i called my socket program as "tap" . My tap will listen for data from unix through port 1070. After checking of the data, tap will then insert the data to the informix database. I know we can point the tap to one specified port in Informix database through the services file. My question is how should i know to which port my tap program send out to the informix database or should i ask how should i specify one port to connect to the informix and lock that port from other process to use i...

specify port no to connect informix database through ODBC
Hi, I'm developing a socket program to connect to Informix database through the ODBC. In here i called my socket program as "tap" . My tap will listen for data from unix through port 1070. After checking of the data, tap will then insert the data to the informix database. I know we can point the tap to one specified port in Informix database through the services file. My question is how should i know to which port my tap program send out to the informix database or should i ask how should i specify one port to connect to the informix and lock that port from other process...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Connecting to Informix Database with PHP
Hi All: Using PHP, how do I connect to an Informix database using an ODBC connection string like this: "Dsn='';Driver={INFORMIX 3.30 32 BIT};Host=hostname;Server=myserver;Service=service-name;Protocol=olsoctcp;Database=mydb;UID=username;PWD=myPwd Thanks in advance. ...

How to connect a informix database from my console
Hello, i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it. Can you help me. I want to select some data to a text file ... thanks a lot Franck info@epms-le-littoral.org wrote: > Hello, > i want to connect a informix database from my localhost to local > database. I think i have to use isql but i dont know how to use it. > Can you help me. > > I want to select some data to a text file ... Why do you think you have to use isql? dbaccess should be sufficient: $ echo "unload to 'out.unl' select * from sometable"|dbaccess somedb HTH, -- Carsten Haese http://informixdb.sourceforge.net ...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

ECH With Informix Database of Avaya Definity ?
Hi, can anybody help me to create an external History with data from informix Database of Avaya Definity ? I have try to create an ECH based of call_rec and ag_actv table, but the result can't be able to seen ... Does someone have similar experiences, and can possibly help me? Greetz ...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). ...

setting up the connection pool in netbeans for informix database
Hello! I have trouble with setting up the connection pool for informix database in netbeans ide 6.0.1 I've found netbeans tutorial which explains how to set up the connection pool for mysql database. I followed the steps from tutorial,but it doesn't work for informix database. I have index.jsp page on which I have drop-down list which should be filled in with data dynamically. First error I've received was: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for: com.informix.jdbc.IfxDataSource" I've solved this by adding the ifxjdbcx.jar to my project's library. But, the second error I don't know how to handle: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException cannot be cast to java.sql.SQLException" This is the part of web.xml file: <resource-ref> <description>jdbc:informix-sqli://192.168.242.131:9088/ifxdatabase:INFORMIXSERVER=ifx01</description> <res-ref-name>jdbc/IfxDatabase</res-ref-name> <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type> <res-auth>Container</res-auth> <res-sharing-scope>Shareable&l...

Connecting to new database within Informix Instance
Informix 9.21.FC4 HPUX 11.0 Hello all, DFirstly I wish to thank eveyone who helped me populate the archive database on our Informix system. All went well over the last weekend and we now have a live and an Archive database within the same Informix instance. The problem I am now having is connecting to the new database. I have tried putting entries in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file and using the DBSERVERALIAS parameter within the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/onconfig file but all this did was prevent the Instance from coming up after a reboot, with the following error in the online.l...

Web resources about - ODBC connection into an Avaya Informix database - comp.databases.informix

Alec Baldwin, Tommy Hilfiger and a Designer With a ‘Downton’ Connection
It was something of a British invasion at Michael’s today with plenty of posh folks (Majesty magazine EIC Ingrid Seward , the always dashing ...

Igniting Brand Growth Via Emotional Connections
Nobel Prize winning research in neuroscience and behavioral economics proves that all humans are irrational, emotional creatures. Both marketers ...

Did machete-wielding Ohio suspect have radical connections? - Videos - CBS News
... investigators, including possibly the FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force are looking into whether a brutal rampage in Ohio had any connection ...

Deadpool Really Did Have A Major Connection To Marvel And The Avengers, Here's How
The Deadpool movie was full of a ton of Marvel related easter eggs, literally more than we could count. Most of them were obvious, a few were ...

Second teenage boy arrested in connection with TalkTalk hack
The 16-year-old was arrested in west London on Thursday, and has since been released on bail.

Zika virus-microcephaly connection hunted in Brazil - CNN.com
Is the Zika virus linked to microcephaly? The CDC and Brazilian health officials are leading the first-ever large scale investigation to find ...