Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit

Hello,

I'm curious:  does anyone have any experience using Perl DBD::Informix with
64-bit IDS?  If so, how well does it work (if it works at all)?  Any
"gotchas" to look out for?

Thanks in advance,

- TJG

0
Thomas

Thomas J. Girsch wrote:
> I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl
> DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it
> works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for?

There are two parts to the answer.

1.  The nit-picking pedantry bit says "It depends on whether you
     build with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of CSDK - because a
     32-bit CSDK cannot use shared memory communications with a
     64-bit server - but otherwise there are no issues whatsoever".

2.  I can't answer for other people, but I can give you my
     perspective on it.

The issue with using Perl with a 64-bit IDS tends to be getting a
64-bit Perl.  That depends on the platform - which you don't mention -
but where you have a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit (eg Solaris), the
default builds of Perl tend to be 32-bit, and that won't work with a
64-bit CSDK.

So, stage 1 is understand whether you have a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue to
address, and make sure you have Perl built correctly for the version
of CSDK you want to use.

There are some (what I hope are) minor warnings during a build of
DBD::Informix with a 64-bit CSDK.  The major problem is tempus fugit.

If anyone wants to offer help in improving 64-bit support, talk to me!

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com

Jonathan
12/9/2003 7:53:31 AM
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 07:53:31 +0000, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

> Thomas J. Girsch wrote:
>> I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl DBD::Informix
>> with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it works at all)? Any
>> "gotchas" to look out for?
>
> There are two parts to the answer.
>
> 1.  The nit-picking pedantry bit says "It depends on whether you
>      build with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of CSDK - because a 32-bit CSDK
>      cannot use shared memory communications with a 64-bit server - but
>      otherwise there are no issues whatsoever".
>
> 2.  I can't answer for other people, but I can give you my
>      perspective on it.
>
> The issue with using Perl with a 64-bit IDS tends to be getting a 64-bit
> Perl.  That depends on the platform - which you don't mention - but where
> you have a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit (eg Solaris), the default builds of
> Perl tend to be 32-bit, and that won't work with a 64-bit CSDK.
>
> So, stage 1 is understand whether you have a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue to
> address, and make sure you have Perl built correctly for the version of
> CSDK you want to use.
>
> There are some (what I hope are) minor warnings during a build of
> DBD::Informix with a 64-bit CSDK.  The major problem is tempus fugit.
>
> If anyone wants to offer help in improving 64-bit support, talk to me!

The only "problem" I had was changing this line in /usr/informix/bin/esql:
##CC="${INFORMIXC=cc} -xarch=v9"
to:
CC="${INFORMIXC=gcc} -m64"
This specific machine uses:
Solaris 9 s9_58shwpl3 SPARC
Perl Compile-time options: USE_64_BIT_INT USE_64_BIT_ALL
USE_LARGE_FILES Informix CSDK: 2.81.FC1

0
tvilliers

Re: Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit
Hi, I'm using Perl 64 bit on Solaris 9. The Sun provided Perl is 5.6.1 and 32bit. So I built my own 5.8.0 with the Sun CC 5.4 and DBD-Informix 2003.04 and DBI 1.34, CSDK 2.81FC2, IDS 7.31FD5. Works fine and is in production now. But I never managed it to get a DBI>1.34 working on this Plattform. I've escalated this case with IBM informix Support here in Germany, but it didn't get to Jonathan Leffeler I think. The problem was that DBI->errstr pointed in the wrong direction so that I got a Segmentation Violation when trying to print it. > I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl > DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it > works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for? There are two parts to the answer. 1. The nit-picking pedantry bit says "It depends on whether you build with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of CSDK - because a 32-bit CSDK cannot use shared memory communications with a 64-bit server - but otherwise there are no issues whatsoever". 2. I can't answer for other people, but I can give you my perspective on it. The issue with using Perl with a 64-bit IDS tends to be getting a 64-bit Perl. That depends on the platform - which you don't mention - but where you have a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit (eg Solaris), the default builds of Perl tend to be 32-bit, and that won't work with a 64-bit CSDK. So, s...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
Hi everybody, I have Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 on Red Hat Linux 9 perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi DBI 1.42 DBD Informix 2003.04 After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . But after running the script several times (that only connects and disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to connect to any database with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database server Restarting the server fix the problem but I can not afford that solution. There are no strange messages on online.log : Tue May 11 21:22:57 2004 21:22:57 Event alarms enabled. ALARMPROG = '/opt/informix/etc/log_full.sh' 21:23:01 DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off) 21:23:01 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 21:23:02 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 21:23:02 Physical Recovery Started. 21:23:02 Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored. 21:23:02 Logical Recovery Started. 21:23:05 Logical Recovery Complete. 0 Committed, 0 Rolled Back, 0 Open, 0 Bad Locks 21:23:05 Dataskip is now OFF for all dbspaces 21:23:05 On-Line Mode 21:23:05 Checkpoint Completed: duration was 0 seconds. There are no opened sessions : onstat -g ses (this is a development server) Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 -- On-Line -- Up 11:31:38 -- 8888 Kbytes session ...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Cc: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>; <jleffler@us.ibm.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:12 AM Subject: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module > Hi everybody, > I have > Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 > on Red Hat Linux 9 > perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi > DBI 1.42 > DBD Informix 2003.04 > > After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I > finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . > But after running the script several times (that only connects and > disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to > connect to any database > with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database > server > Restarting the server f...

Perl DBD Informix on windows 7
Hi All, has anyone tried ( eventually successfully ) to generate the last version of the CPAN module DBD::Informix on Windows platforms ? I already generated the Linux one and it worked great from start to end, ( really good work from Jon.L... ), but the windows operation on win 7 /64 /activeperl is somewhat more troublesome. After modifying manually some parts of the generated makefile, I can compile almost all the objects, but the link phase does not complete successfully. Before putting here all the detail, has someone already tried this and succeeded ? My IDS is 11.70 FC2 and the CSDK is 3.70 FC3 ( windows) Thanx in advance. Eric ...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory >> connections,at least with my versions. >> But I can live with tcp connections. >> >> Thanks anyway. >> I have other question , >> Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of >> rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? >> >> I tried with : >> >> $nrows=$sth->rows(); >> >> always returned 0. Messages passing in the night... It's a bit worrying that shared memory connections aren't working, but I can imagine all sorts of configuration reasons why they weren't working, as well as bug possibilities. Works for me: #!/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Informix:stores','','',{RaiseError=>1}); my $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{SELECT tabid, tabname, tabt...

Informix 9.4 restore using SQL BT 3.7 (64 bit) fails after upgrade of Informix to 9.4 from 9.3
I am getting the following error when I run the restore: dm_write_disk_object_obsi: WRITE for file (Obsi Pipe) (filedes (0) length (31388)) failed. OBSI SDK Error (Bad file number (9)) Has anyone seen this error before? The restore of the rootdbspace ran fine..Anyone know of any known issues performing restores after upgrading from Informix 9.3 to 9.4. This is on a Solaris box and the Backup vendor is Syncsort Backup Express ...

Informix 9.3 Migration from 32 bit to 64 bit platform
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C4180F.A9E32BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Gurus, I am currently working on a migration from Informix 9.3 which is running on a HP-UX 32bit to Informix 9.3 on HP-UX with 64 bit platform. The migration system involves Informix 4gl code, Informix ESQL, MQ Series & Unix environment. Please can I know what are possible pre-cautions I need to take care & if there is any document ragarding this process it would be a great help. Thanks in Advance.. Regards, Vijay Kumar.R ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C4180F.A9E32BF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version = 6.0.4630.0"> <TITLE>Informix 9.3 Migration from 32 bit to 64 bit platform</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <!-- Converted from text/rtf format --> <P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi Gurus,</FONT> </P> <P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 = FACE=3D"Arial">I am currently w...

Restoring ontape archives between 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Informix
Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to test this on which would be fairly trivial so I am asking this here. We have a customer who has two 64 bit AIX systems running a 32 bit kernel and a 32 bit version of IDS. The two servers are replicated via HDR. They also have two older systems running AIX which are backups servers and also serve as a test suite. These are only 32 bit capable. The data is transferred from the main system to the backup system using an ontape archive. At the moment everthing runs the same version of IDS so all is OK. Am I going to have problems with the ontape transfer if the main system runs IDS 9.40.FC5 and the the standby server runs 9.40.UC5? My hunch is that this isn't going to work. On a related note, and sorry if this is a "how long is a piece of string" type question, what sort of performance improvement can I expect by moving to a 64 bit kernel running a 64 bit version of IDS over 32 bit versions on the same hardware? Ben. Ben Thompson wrote: > Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to test this on which would be > fairly trivial so I am asking this here. > > We have a customer who has two 64 bit AIX systems running a 32 bit > kernel and a 32 bit version of IDS. The two servers are replicated via > HDR. They also have two older systems running AIX which are backups > servers and also serve as a test suite. These are only 32 bit capable. > The d...

RE: Restoring ontape archives between 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Informix
If you are running on a new server, then how much faster is the new server than the olds server and how much more resources does the new server have? If you are upgrading the old server and not adding more resources or reconfiguring the engine for the change then I would expect it to run slightly slower. It depends ..... MW > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Ben Thompson > Sent: Wednesday, 16 February 2005 5:22 a.m. > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Restoring ontape archives between 32 bit and 64 bit > versions of Informix > [cut] > > On a related note, and sorry if this is a "how long is a > piece of string" type question, what sort of performance > improvement can I expect by moving to a 64 bit kernel running > a 64 bit version of IDS over 32 bit versions on the same hardware? > > Ben. > sending to informix-list ...

Informix DBD, PERL and esql
Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0 Thread model: aix gcc vers...

Informix SE 64 bit ?
Hi, My company uses an in-house-developped application that uses Informix Standard Engine as its database. Its runs on old and unsupported IBM hardware with an old and unsupported version of AIX (4.2 I think). I have to make a proposal on how to move this (of course business critical) application to the 21th century. My first proposal was a complete rewrite. Management didn't like it. The current plan is to buy a new server, set up AIX 6 (or 5.3) and port the application with as minimal changes as possible. One problem that is going to bite us soon is that several tables grow steadily and the .dat files are nearing the 2 gigabytes level. I tried to find information on the ibm website but it is such a maze ! Anyway, I have two questions : - is there a 64 bit version of Informix SE (or at least a version that support "big" dat files (bigger than 2 gigs) - if such a beast exists, what is the compatibility level with the 32 bit version ? Full compatibility ? Do we need to link our app with new libraries ? Do we need to modify our app ? Thanks to all who can help. Pale Frenier wrote: > Hi, > > My company uses an in-house-developped application that uses Informix > Standard Engine as its database. Its runs on old and unsupported IBM > hardware with an old and unsupported version of AIX (4.2 I think). > > I have to make a proposal on how to move this (of course business > critical) applica...

FW: RE: Informix IDS query to the Informix -list
Fwd from sputnik� ________________________________________ From: None [mailto:myinformix@rediffmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 02:08 To: Jean Georges Perrin Subject: Re: RE: Informix IDS query to the Informix -list � Hi Jean, Thank you for your prompt reply. If you can please publish the following request in informix-list@iiug.org where all our Informix gurus are roaming. I am a registered user at iiug an it was my first attempt to publish anything. Please let me know if this is not possible for you to publish in the above list. Thank you very much. Sputnik This is my issue.... Hi Team, I am facing a serious issue with my informix instance. Recently it crashed when I ran update statistics with PDQ anabled mode.(During this process it was dynamically allocating memory and it crashed when it tries to go beyond 1896MB). The server got 4GB physical memory running on LINUX 2.4.9-e.3smp kernal on a DELL POWEREDGE 6650 machine with 4 Pentium ZEON processors. We started to experience issues when we tried to allocate more memory to Informix after some upgrades on our 4GL programs. We have been using 750MB for informix for quite a sometime and there were no issues until end of June. (We had 2GB RAM at that time.) Then we increased the shared memory beyond 750MB.If I leave the server to run more than 24 hours the whole server freezes. We can see through cat /proc/meminfo that its "LOW FREE" memory is going down an...

Perl DBD:Informix on NT
Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported? I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site. Thanks! Cindy Lichtenauer wrote: > Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported? > > I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site. > > Thanks! The source did build on NT a year or two ago -- I've not done anything consciously to break it (MS might have done, but not me). However, if you're using ActiveState Perl (probably wise) you have to work out what all their bells, whistles and other compilation options mean to a po...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Is DBD::Informix tied to database version?
Hi - I would like to upgrade our database from 9.21 HC5 to 9.40.FC4, but have Perl applications reading from the database using DBD::Informix. Does anyone know if the DBD interface is tied to the specific version of Informix? I have been trying to recompile the latest perl/DBI/DBD but so far have not had any luck - since the current DBD is working fine with 9.21, I would like to just upgrade to 9.40. Thanks in advance for any insights. Daniel caver wrote: > Hi - I would like to upgrade our database from 9.21 HC5 to 9.40.FC4, > but have Perl applications reading from the database using > DBD::Informix. > > Does anyone know if the DBD interface is tied to the specific version > of Informix? > > I have been trying to recompile the latest perl/DBI/DBD but so far have > not had any luck - since the current DBD is working fine with 9.21, I > would like to just upgrade to 9.40. No, DBD::Informix is not tied to a particular server version. I use my installed version of DBD::Informix (2005.01), built with CSDK 2.81.UCx, with IDS 10.00.UC3, 9.40.UC5, 9.30.UC1, 9.21.UCx (very seldom these days; about once this year), 7.31.UD7 - all with no trouble whatsoever. DBD::Informix is much more nearly tied to a particular version of CSDK. Specifically, unless you compiled the module with the environment variable DBD_INFORMIX_RELOCATABLE_INFORMIXDIR set, it will have built the absolute pathnames of the ESQL/C librar...

Re: Perl DBD:Informix on NT
To avoid getting a C compiler and building the Informix module on Windows, I used the ODBC module and was able to connect to my Informix databases from Windows easily. Here were the steps: 1- Install the CSDK on Windows 2- Set all the connection info in setnet32 and test it with ilogin or dbping. 3- Create a ODBC DSN and test it. 4- Install the DBD:ODBC perl module 5- Create my perl script with using DBD:ODBC and the DSN created in setp 3. The only issues you may have are if you are using Informix specific features that are not supported in the ODBC module. If you stick to g...

Unresolved symbols in Informix 64 bit
Hi All, We are doing a migration of Informix 4gl application from 32 bit to 64 bit version. During compilation time we did not find any warnings or errors for the below mentioned symbols. But during run-time we find the below messages displayed. When we compile the SAME source with 32 bit informix compiler neither of them gets displayed. All these variables are declared as "extern" in the application. Are we missing something. If so please let us know ASAP. Thanks in advance. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'GB' in load module '/scl3/appl/sis/ipi/lib/libscs.sl' /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'eflastkey' in load module '/scl3/appl/sis/ipi/lib/libscs.sl' /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'topwin' in load module '/scl3/appl/sis/ipi/lib/libscs.sl' /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol '_Wscreen' in load module '/scl3/appl/sis/ipi/lib/libscs.sl' /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'curscr' in load module '/scl3/appl/sis/ipi/lib/libscs.sl' Regards, Vijay Kumar sending to informix-list Vijay Kumar Rudrappa wrote: > We are doing a migration of Informix 4gl application from 32 bit to > 64 bit version. During compilation time we did not find any warnings or > errors for the below mentioned symbols. But during run-time we find the > below messages displayed. When we comp...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql
sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-a...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Web resources about - Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit - comp.databases.informix