Perl DBD:Informix on NT

Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported?

I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site.

Thanks!
0
clichtenauer

Cindy Lichtenauer wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported?
>
> I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site.
>
> Thanks!

The source did build on NT a year or two ago -- I've not done anything
consciously to break it (MS might have done, but not me).  However, if
you're using ActiveState Perl (probably wise) you have to work out
what all their bells, whistles and other compilation options mean to a
poor hard-working DBD module.  You need a C compiler - the one used to
build your Perl.  You need IBM Informix CSDK, but make sure the
warnings are not cranked up as CSDK was (is?) not good about things
like const-correctness.  Let me know how it goes.

Since I don't have a C compiler on a Windows machine, I don't ever do
the building myself - not any more.

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com

Jonathan

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Re: Perl DBD:Informix on NT
To avoid getting a C compiler and building the Informix module on Windows, I used the ODBC module and was able to connect to my Informix databases from Windows easily. Here were the steps: 1- Install the CSDK on Windows 2- Set all the connection info in setnet32 and test it with ilogin or dbping. 3- Create a ODBC DSN and test it. 4- Install the DBD:ODBC perl module 5- Create my perl script with using DBD:ODBC and the DSN created in setp 3. The only issues you may have are if you are using Informix specific features that are not supported in the ODBC module. If you stick to generic SQL you probably will not have problems. Matt >From: Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@earthlink.net> >Reply-To: Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@earthlink.net> >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Perl DBD:Informix on NT >Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 03:38:37 GMT > >Cindy Lichtenauer wrote: > > > Can anyone tell me if this is available and supported? > > > > I cannot find any references to NT on the CPAN site. > > > > Thanks! > >The source did build on NT a year or two ago -- I've not done anything >consciously to break it (MS might have done, but not me). However, if >you're using ActiveState Perl (probably wise) you have to work out >what all their bells, whistles and other compilation options mean to a >poor hard-working DBD module. You need a C compiler - the one used t...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
Hi everybody, I have Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 on Red Hat Linux 9 perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi DBI 1.42 DBD Informix 2003.04 After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . But after running the script several times (that only connects and disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to connect to any database with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database server Restarting the server fix the problem but I can not afford that solution. There are no strange messages on online.log : Tue May 11 21:22:57 2004 21:22:57 Event alarms enabled. ALARMPROG = '/opt/informix/etc/log_full.sh' 21:23:01 DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off) 21:23:01 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 21:23:02 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 21:23:02 Physical Recovery Started. 21:23:02 Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored. 21:23:02 Logical Recovery Started. 21:23:05 Logical Recovery Complete. 0 Committed, 0 Rolled Back, 0 Open, 0 Bad Locks 21:23:05 Dataskip is now OFF for all dbspaces 21:23:05 On-Line Mode 21:23:05 Checkpoint Completed: duration was 0 seconds. There are no opened sessions : onstat -g ses (this is a development server) Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 -- On-Line -- Up 11:31:38 -- 8888 Kbytes session ...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Cc: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>; <jleffler@us.ibm.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:12 AM Subject: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module > Hi everybody, > I have > Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 > on Red Hat Linux 9 > perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi > DBI 1.42 > DBD Informix 2003.04 > > After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I > finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . > But after running the script several times (that only connects and > disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to > connect to any database > with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database > server > Restarting the server f...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory >> connections,at least with my versions. >> But I can live with tcp connections. >> >> Thanks anyway. >> I have other question , >> Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of >> rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? >> >> I tried with : >> >> $nrows=$sth->rows(); >> >> always returned 0. Messages passing in the night... It's a bit worrying that shared memory connections aren't working, but I can imagine all sorts of configuration reasons why they weren't working, as well as bug possibilities. Works for me: #!/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Informix:stores','','',{RaiseError=>1}); my $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{SELECT tabid, tabname, tabt...

Informix DBD, PERL and esql
Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0 Thread model: aix gcc vers...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql
sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-a...

Is DBD::Informix tied to database version?
Hi - I would like to upgrade our database from 9.21 HC5 to 9.40.FC4, but have Perl applications reading from the database using DBD::Informix. Does anyone know if the DBD interface is tied to the specific version of Informix? I have been trying to recompile the latest perl/DBI/DBD but so far have not had any luck - since the current DBD is working fine with 9.21, I would like to just upgrade to 9.40. Thanks in advance for any insights. Daniel caver wrote: > Hi - I would like to upgrade our database from 9.21 HC5 to 9.40.FC4, > but have Perl applications reading from the database using > DBD::Informix. > > Does anyone know if the DBD interface is tied to the specific version > of Informix? > > I have been trying to recompile the latest perl/DBI/DBD but so far have > not had any luck - since the current DBD is working fine with 9.21, I > would like to just upgrade to 9.40. No, DBD::Informix is not tied to a particular server version. I use my installed version of DBD::Informix (2005.01), built with CSDK 2.81.UCx, with IDS 10.00.UC3, 9.40.UC5, 9.30.UC1, 9.21.UCx (very seldom these days; about once this year), 7.31.UD7 - all with no trouble whatsoever. DBD::Informix is much more nearly tied to a particular version of CSDK. Specifically, unless you compiled the module with the environment variable DBD_INFORMIX_RELOCATABLE_INFORMIXDIR set, it will have built the absolute pathnames of the ESQL/C librar...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

installing perl DBI and DBD::Informix Modules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C4381A.50468300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello ,=20 I have a solaris 2.8 and IDS 9.30 UC3 .=20 I wanted to install latest perl( 5.8 ) and DBI and DBD::Informix = modules.=20 =20 Looks like the installation is deleting some files ( esqlc from my /usr/Informix/lib directory). Also it failed to compile esqltest.ec file in the perl DBD bundle.=20 =20 Can any body suggest me the right docs or a procedure to install DBI = and DBD::Informix=20 =20 Any help is appreciated. Murali Nanduri =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C4381A.50468300 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html> <head> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)"> <style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17 {font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Sect...

perl DBD::Informix and php pdo_informix with Apache
Hi, Has anyone tried to use perl's informix pm and php's pdo_informix under Apache successfully? On 04/12/2010 20:48, Nog wrote: > Hi, > > Has anyone tried to use perl's informix pm and php's pdo_informix > under Apache successfully? DBI and DBD::Informix - yes pdo_informix - yes Why do you ask? -- Clive On Dec 6, 3:37=A0pm, Alexandre Marini <amar...@fazenda.ms.gov.br> wrote: > Yes. The second option. > Currently pdo_informix is the method used by OAT to access the Informix > database, in a very easy way. > You could see some examples on the IBM Informix Developer=B4s Handbook. > > http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg247884.html?Open > > Best regards. > > Em 04/12/2010 16:48, Nog escreveu: > > > Hi, > > > Has anyone tried to use perl's informix pm and php's pdo_informix > > under Apache successfully? > > _______________________________________________ > > Informix-list mailing list > > Informix-l...@iiug.org > >http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list > > -- > > Alexandre Marini > > Tecnologia da Informa=E7=E3o - DBA > > msn: alexandre_mar...@hotmail.com > > SEFAZ-MS / SGI-UGSR / Sistemas IBM-Informix > > Cert-Info-Mgmt_color <Cert-Info-Mgmt_color.jpg> > > IBM Informix Dynamic Server Certified Professional V10 / V11 Alexandre, ...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #3
Gentsch, Sam said: > This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of > gcc prowess. > No comments from you OTC! :) I would never mock someone's inability to perform. Much. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere. sending to informix-list ...

Informix and ESQLC Perl and DBD but Sun this time.
Semi-related to our earlier fun with AIX and DBD build environments. Solaris 8, 9.40FC, CSDK2.80UC (now in a separate dir CSDK2.90FC), Perl 5.6.1 I got the esqlbasic program to compile and run installing the 64 bit CSDK (standalone), upgrading to gcc 3.3.2 and setting INFORMIXC='gcc -m64 after clearing arch9 args out of the esql file But, when running "perl Makefile.PL" to build the Bundle:DBD::informix I am still getting: ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifsql.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/libifasf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifgen.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifos.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifgls.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ld: fatal: file $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/libifglx.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 This is the same error I get when building esqlbasic.ec with the INFORMIXC env variable set to gcc rather than gcc -m64. I cannot seem to figure out how to make the "perl Makefile.PL" have the -m64 argument (assuming this is the problem, since it seems to have been that on the esqlbasic compile, it throws errors about sizes being redefined.) Is there some wiz-bang way to do this? I have never had issues biulding DBD with Solaris and GCC in the past, but this box is killing me. The Box I built with similar OS, etc worked like...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #4
Thanks to all !! I posted most of it for your consumption, if you need it all email me, and I will send it. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:27 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Superboer wrote: > ahum did a quick search for aix and > loc_t ... > check out > > -D_H_LOCALEDEF Yes - that was a major part of the problem. Sam now has a severely hacked AIX-specific ESQL/C script that works with GCC. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.01 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ sending to informix-list ...

Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit
Hello, I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for? Thanks in advance, - TJG Thomas J. Girsch wrote: > I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl > DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it > works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for? There are two parts to the answer. 1. The nit-picking pedantry bit says "It depends on whether you build with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of CSDK - because a 32-bit CSDK cannot use shared memory communications with a 64-bit server - but otherwise there are no issues whatsoever". 2. I can't answer for other people, but I can give you my perspective on it. The issue with using Perl with a 64-bit IDS tends to be getting a 64-bit Perl. That depends on the platform - which you don't mention - but where you have a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit (eg Solaris), the default builds of Perl tend to be 32-bit, and that won't work with a 64-bit CSDK. So, stage 1 is understand whether you have a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue to address, and make sure you have Perl built correctly for the version of CSDK you want to use. There are some (what I hope are) minor warnings during a build of DBD::Informix with a 64-bit CSDK. The major problem is tempus fugit. If anyone want...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #2
After stripping every flag out of the esql program that it whined about I get down to: gcc: CC_TH=gcc: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/include/sys/localedef.h:46, from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/stdlib.h: 538, from esqlbasic.ec:25: /usr/include/sys/localedef31.h:195: error: conflicting types for `loc_t' /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6/incl/esql/locator.h:123: error: previous declaration of `loc_t' This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of gcc prowess. No comments from you OTC! :) Thanks again, Sam -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:50 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixin...

Re: Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit
Hi, I'm using Perl 64 bit on Solaris 9. The Sun provided Perl is 5.6.1 and 32bit. So I built my own 5.8.0 with the Sun CC 5.4 and DBD-Informix 2003.04 and DBI 1.34, CSDK 2.81FC2, IDS 7.31FD5. Works fine and is in production now. But I never managed it to get a DBI>1.34 working on this Plattform. I've escalated this case with IBM informix Support here in Germany, but it didn't get to Jonathan Leffeler I think. The problem was that DBI->errstr pointed in the wrong direction so that I got a Segmentation Violation when trying to print it. > I'm curious: does anyone have any experience using Perl > DBD::Informix with 64-bit IDS? If so, how well does it work (if it > works at all)? Any "gotchas" to look out for? There are two parts to the answer. 1. The nit-picking pedantry bit says "It depends on whether you build with a 32-bit or 64-bit version of CSDK - because a 32-bit CSDK cannot use shared memory communications with a 64-bit server - but otherwise there are no issues whatsoever". 2. I can't answer for other people, but I can give you my perspective on it. The issue with using Perl with a 64-bit IDS tends to be getting a 64-bit Perl. That depends on the platform - which you don't mention - but where you have a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit (eg Solaris), the default builds of Perl tend to be 32-bit, and that won't work with a 64-bit CSDK. So, s...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

Web resources about - Perl DBD:Informix on NT - comp.databases.informix