PHP 5.2.1+ Informix is no longer bundled with PHP

Does anyone have details on how to get Informix to work with PHP 5.2.2
since they moved support to PECL?  The PECL search shows no Informix
support.

Here is the link:
http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.ifx.php

Thanks
Gary Quiring

0
Gary

Ifx drivers were in php/windows 5.2.3 pecl package.

What r u using? Linux? Windows? Functions? Pdo?

Jean
9/19/2007 8:06:05 PM
On Sep 19, 4:06 pm, "Jean Georges Perrin" <j...@jgp.net> wrote:
> Ifx drivers were in php/windows 5.2.3 pecl package.
>
> What r u using? Linux? Windows? Functions? Pdo?

We are using Solaris 9 with Apache 2 connecting to an IDS 9.4 DB.  I
just found the PDO stuff on IBM's site.  But this is not going to be
backward compatible with our current PHP apps calling Informix?  I
will download tomorrow and see how much work is involved in getting it
to work. I still don't get why the PHP dev group pulled the existing
IFX commands.

Gary

0
Gary
9/19/2007 10:50:13 PM
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 15:50 -0700, Gary Quiring wrote:
> On Sep 19, 4:06 pm, "Jean Georges Perrin" <j...@jgp.net> wrote:
> > Ifx drivers were in php/windows 5.2.3 pecl package.
> >
> > What r u using? Linux? Windows? Functions? Pdo?
> >
> We are using Solaris 9 with Apache 2 connecting to an IDS 9.4 DB.  I
> just found the PDO stuff on IBM's site.  But this is not going to be
> backward compatible with our current PHP apps calling Informix?  I
> will download tomorrow and see how much work is involved in getting it
> to work. I still don't get why the PHP dev group pulled the existing
> IFX commands.

The old IFX module, just like all other DB access modules in PHP before
PDO, was rooted in the basic principles of "Who needs parameter binding
when we have magic quotes?", "What's a namespace, is that like a
function name prefix?", and "Who need a unified cross-database API,
isn't everybody using MySQL?"

If you can afford to port your code to PDO, you should do so. The
ability to do parameter binding alone (Goodbye, SQL Injection Attacks,
Hello, Improved Performance) is worth the price of admission. I'd take
it a step further and port the code to Python, but that's just me...

If you just need a quick and dirty fix, you could try grabbing the
latest PHP source that did include the ifx_* stuff and attempt to
compile the ifx module as a shared library for your version of PHP. That
may or may not work, but it's worth a try if you're desperate.

HTH,

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net

0
Carsten
9/19/2007 11:15:11 PM
Gary Quiring wrote:
> Does anyone have details on how to get Informix to work with PHP 5.2.2
> since they moved support to PECL?  The PECL search shows no Informix
> support.
>
> Here is the link:
> http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.ifx.php

Google search for pdo_informix pulls up pecl.php.org as the first reference?

If the PECL search didn't find it, it wouldn't be the first web site to
be indexed better by Google than by its own search functionality.

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com
Guardian of DBD::Informix v2007.0914 -- http://dbi.perl.org/

publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-1341 ripemd160 2007-09-20 03:00:06
5E305D533FBC0E2434487ADD46E276A2E47A52AF
0
Jonathan
9/20/2007 4:26:06 AM
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 21:26 -0700, Jonathan Leffler wrote:
> Gary Quiring wrote:
> > Does anyone have details on how to get Informix to work with PHP 5.2.2
> > since they moved support to PECL?  The PECL search shows no Informix
> > support.
> >
> > Here is the link:
> > http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.ifx.php
>
> Google search for pdo_informix pulls up pecl.php.org as the first reference?
>
> If the PECL search didn't find it, it wouldn't be the first web site to
> be indexed better by Google than by its own search functionality.

PDO_INFORMIX is in PECL, but the OP was looking for the old "ifx_connect
and co" stuff. That is not in the PHP tarball (at least as of 5.2.4),
and it does not seem to be in PECL, or it is hidden somewhere where it
eludes my search-fu.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net

0
Carsten
9/20/2007 5:50:19 AM
If you do need the ifx_ stuff and promise to migrate to pdo_informix in
the future, then here's my guide for opensuse 10.3. Hey, not all system
admins can migrate other people's code to use pdo_informix during a
system reinstall.

1. Install the Informix CSDK as usual, in my example to /opt/informix.
Modify sqlhosts etc.

2. Install php5 and php5-devel package (might be simply php and
php-devel). I'm running version 5.2.4 with opensuse 10.3

3. Download php version 5.2.0 source -- the last version to include
informix:

    # wget http://ee2.php.net/get/php-5.2.0.tar.bz2/from/this/mirror

4. # tar jxf php-5.2.0.tar.bz2 && cd php-5.2.0/ext/informix

5. Make sure you also have libstdc++.so.5 installed, for me this meant
installing this package: compat-libstdc++-5.0.7-86

6. # phpize

7. # ./configure --with-informix=/opt/informix

8. # make

9. # cp modules/informix.so /usr/lib/php5/extensions/ # (or wherever the
php modules are on your system)

10. Enable the module in php.ini or with an .ini file in /etc/php5/conf.d/

11. # php5 -m | grep informix  # should return "informix" (might be:
"php -m | grep informix"

12. It's installed, test it. Restart apache httpd if you use it.

HTH,

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator

Krediidiinfo AS
http://www.krediidiinfo.ee/
0
Aleksander
10/7/2007 3:34:43 PM
Where is there documentation on how to use all the SQL commands for
the PDO_Informix?  I successfully installed the PDO and can connect to
the DB but the programmer wants more details on how to use it?

Thanks
Gary Quiring

0
Gary

Load average differences between Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.6 and Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.1
Hi folks, I've encountered something rather strange. This morning, I upgraded our production server, providing web services for our library website, from Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.6 to Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.1. The server, which normally exhibits a load average below 1 most of the time, spiked to loads that approached 100 if left alone. The interesting part of this is that this load average seems to be almost artificial - it appears to be caused by httpd processes stuck in a "closing connection" state (TIME_WAIT, in netstat). These processes are still running according t...

php degugger on php 5.2.2 (xampp 1.6.2) real brainer
Hi, I tried to get php dbg debugger working on my machine but it doesn't work at all. Ok, what i did: copied php_dbg-5.2.x.dll (for PHP 5.2.x version) into my xampp/php/ext directory next, modified /xampp/apache/bin/php.ini file appending: [debugger] extension=php_dbg-5.2.x.dll debugger.enabled=on debugger.profiler_enabled=on debugger.hosts_allow=localhost 127.0.0.1 ;debugger.hosts_deny=ALL debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16 debugger.JIT_host = clienthost debugger.JIT_port = 7869 Now, when i restard my server and try to get http://localhost my apache crashes and windows gives me a wind...

Informix v3.1 on AIX 5.1 or 5.2
Does anyone know if v3.1 will run on the latest releases of AIX? Has anyone tested this and if so, have there been any problems? Thanks in advance, Mark Sorry for the correction, the proper version is Informix 4GL is v4.0 and the SQL is v2.1 Thanks, Mark "mark" <markhummel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6Op%b.1285$G3.11694@localhost... > Does anyone know if v3.1 will run on the latest releases of AIX? Has anyone > tested this and if so, have there been any problems? > > Thanks in advance, > > Mark > > mark wrote...

PHP 5.1.2 and using PHP w Apache2 and MySQL
Hello all, First of all I first dld and installed (unzipped) PHP 5.1.1 before 5.1.2 was released, so do I just unzip 5.1.2 over the existing 5.1.1 and use the same php.ini file, or is there more to it than that? When I run phpinfo it still displays the ver as 5.1.1, is this ok? Also, I have installed Apache 2.0.55 and PHP 5.1.2 (see above 5.1.2 question) on my personal windows me computer, and I would like to install MySQL as well. To the best of my knowledge both of the above SEEM to be working and setup correctly. My goal in doing this is so that I can learn to use Apache, PHP ...

PHP 5.x and Wordpress 1.5.2 and Apache 1.3.x
Folks, I'm using WP 1.5.2 on Apache 1.3.33 and tried it with both PHP 5.0.4 and php 5.1.0.rc.1 -- and getting seg faults (can't even complete setup) I complete the first step in Setup, and get the seg fault going to the second step. I would welcome any work arounds/solutions people might have. I checked our the wordpress site, http://www.wordpress.org/, but seeing mixed messages. Some folks say the seg fault is there, others say it works with Apache 2.0? Many thanks. -- John ________________________________________________________________...

Webcast - Database Driven Websites
Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We guarantee to NEVER cancel a course and will teach a course as long as one student is registered! http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-256-0267 x102 Visit our Web page: http://www.advancedatatools.com ______________________________________________________________________ ...

PHP 5.0.1, Solaris 5.9, Sablotron 1.0.2, config problems
Everything compiles. Can run sabcmd with no problems. But when running a simple php script, it cannot find the sablotron functions. So it does not appear to be linking the Sablotron stuff. Probably just something simple I am missing. Any suggestions? Built with: configure --with-xml --with-expat=/usr/local --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot=/usr/local Simple PHP script: <?php $parser = xslt_create(); $html = xslt_process($parser, "test.xml", "test.xsl"); xslt_free($parser); echo $html; ?> Returns: Fatal error: Call to undefined function xslt_create() in /tmp...

Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 5.1.4 on Win2k crashing
I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test the new version. Everything works except PHP (version 5.1.4): when starting Apache, it pops out a message saying that it is unable to locate the module (even set on the correct path!), stops the execution and exits. On the other side, PHP works fine with Apache 2.0.55, so It's not a problem of a broken build. Got ideas? Thanks. -- Massimo Lombardo unwiredbrain@gmail.com wrote: > I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test > the new version. > Everything works except PHP (version ...

PHP with Informix database
Hi, I'm completely new in PHP. We now use Informix databases. Is there a way to get information out of these databases? Where can I find more information? thanks, Danny Danny De Koster wrote: > Hi, > > I'm completely new in PHP. We now use Informix databases. Is > there a way to get information out of these databases? > > Where can I find more information? > > thanks, > Danny goto www.php.net and search for Informix on the whole site. You will find several references to using Informix with PHP. -- Jerry Gitomer ...

CSWS 2 (apache) / PHP 1.2 (php 4.2.3) / Oracle 9i OCI8 connectivity under OpenVMS
I'm currently trying to interface CSWS 2.0 (apache) / PHP v1.2 (PHP 4.3.2) with an Oracle 9.2 database under OpenVMS 7.3.2 The database connection works fine, but i've a problem with OCIexecute when i'm trying to select varchar value. My script works fine with int value, but give no resultt (error page) when there's a varchar colum in the select statement Someone Have exeprienced such problem ? Who can help me with APACHE/PHP/Oracle9I/OpenVMS configuration ? Environnement problem ? NLS problem ? Thanks in advance for all Best regards ...

Bug in Web/2 with PHP 5.1.2?
Hi! Sorry for my bad english. %-) I do not get both together to function. The browser gets the PHP-Script to the download offered because he can start this nothing? PHP 4.3.10 functions easily. This seems to be a mistake in Web/2, because with Apache it probably functions. One said this to me, in any case. Bye/2 Massi -- http://dungeon-bbs.homeip.net/ Hi Massi! On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:42:44 UTC, Michael Massenberg <mmassenberg@arcor.de> wrote: > Sorry for my bad english. %-) > > I do not get both together to function. The browser gets the PHP-Scri...

Webcast - Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix
Database Driven Websites - Using PHP with Informix by Thomas Beebe, Advanced DataTools Corporation You are invited to attend our next Webcast on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time What do Wikipedia, Facebook, Wordpress, and Yahoo all have in common? They all run on PHP. PHP is an open source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. And it works great with the fastest database, Informix. In this talk we will be discussing how quick and easy it is get going in PHP and how to set up PHP to talk to Informix using the PDO driver library. You can easily use PHP to select, insert, update and delete data from an Informix database to create a database driven web site. To Register - http://www.advancedatatools.com/Informix/NextWebcast.html Next Webcast: Informix Performance Tuning by Art Kagel, Advanced DataTools Corporation our next Webcast on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time Informix Training Schedule: Our 2013 Informix Training Schedule is online. We guarantee to NEVER cancel a course and will teach a course as long as one student is registered! http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-256-0267 x102 Visit our Web page: http://www.advancedatatools...

Informix User Forum 2006 - 2 day Informix Technical Conference for Users by Informix Users
A two-day Informix User Group Technical Conference - Friday and Saturday, December 8-9, 2006 The Washington Area Informix User Group (WAIUG) based in Washington, DC, and the Southeast Informix Users Group (SEIUG), based in Atlanta, GA, are teaming up once again to present Informix User Forum 2006. This will be the premiere Informix regional user group technical conference in the world. This is a user conference planned and run by Informix users for Informix users. I have been putting together the Washington Area Informix Users Group Forums since 1994 and last year's was the best eve...

Is Php built in function ' imagecreate()' compatible in Php version 5.2.2 ?
Hi All, I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\server.php on line 32" I want to know whether "imagecreate()" is compatible in PHP version 5.2.2.? saikiran.iitkgp@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using > > > " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message > > > &q...

php 5.1.4, apache 2.2.3, and libxslt
I'm having a baffling problem. I've got Apache 2.2.3 and php 5.1.4 installed on a Windows 2000 Pro machine. I've enabled the libxslt extension by uncommenting the line "extension=php_xsl.dll" in php.ini, and my extension_dir is properly pointing to "c:\php\ext". OK, it worked for a while. The problem is the libxslt functions aren't working now, and when I run php_info() it doesn't show any xslt library. I swear it did just last week. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what changed, and what I need to do to get my xslt functions working agai...

PHP 5.2.1: cli does load php_mysql.dll while the same script executed by apache 2.2 fails Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
Hi there! After I overcame some short_open_tag (thanks, Rik!) I encounter another strange php-behaviour. The script I just got to work on the windows-commandline obviously does as php.ini tells php to do and loads php_mysql.dll: E:\ersDHCP>php ./extractLog.php .... some mysql-stuff, some output, OK The same script invoked by the webserver apache 2.2 entails an error: http://localhost/extractLog.php PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() My configuration php.ini does contain the line extension=php_mysql.dll and seems to be OK while I use the script from commandline....

Connecting to Informix Database with PHP
Hi All: Using PHP, how do I connect to an Informix database using an ODBC connection string like this: "Dsn='';Driver={INFORMIX 3.30 32 BIT};Host=hostname;Server=myserver;Service=service-name;Protocol=olsoctcp;Database=mydb;UID=username;PWD=myPwd Thanks in advance. ...

Re: PHP and Informix #2
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005CDBF086256EEE_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" We occasionally have issues with Php and Informix. If we have a lot of activity, after a few hours users start getting -439 errors. Php runs on RedHat Linux 8 and we use an Apache webserver. The problem only exists, so I'm told, when RedHat is mixed with Apache. We have called Informix on this and have tried a few things, but not every suggestion has been tried yet. The 'fix' is to restart Apache when the errors start happening; if ...

Changing (1,2,3,4,5...) to (1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5...)
Hi All, I have a column vector of numbers that I would like to extrapolate by "doubling up": e.g. turn 2 4 6 8 into: 2 2 4 4 6 6 8 8 any ideas on an easy vectorised way to do this? TIA, Rob v=repmat([2; 4; 6; 8].',2,1); v=v(:) "Robert Barrie" <askme@ifuwant.com> wrote in message <hlt7kp$rut$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi All, > > I have a column vector of numbers that I would like to extrapolate by "doubling up": > > e.g. turn > 2 > 4 > 6 > 8 > > into: > 2 > 2 > 4 > 4 > 6 > 6 > 8 >...

Apache/PHP 5.1.2/mod_perl Solaris 10 Problem #2
Hi, After several days of debugging I think I figured out that perl 5.8.3 with a default config doesn't work properly on Solaris 10. I installed on a Solaris 10 (doing a major upgrade from a working Solaris 9 similar setup ) the following: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) PHP/5.1.2 mod_perl/1.29 using the Solaris malloc (perl 5.8.3 configured with -Uusemyalloc (means: don't use perl's malloc) and the rest default) (All compiled with the Sunfreeware gcc 3.3.2 package and APACI for PHP and mod_perl) RT 3.4.5 with RTFM-2.2.0RC2. >From time to time one of the Apache processes simply bails ...

Suse 8.2 pro Apache 2.0.44 + PHP 4.3.1-24 = PHP not working
Hi Group! I am using Suse Linux 8.2 and the Apache and PHP versions shipped on CD. It seems, that the apache server still doesn't know how to treat php files. The httpd.conf looks like this: ----- LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/libphp4.so AddModule mod_php4.c # # PHP 4.x: # <IfModule mod_php4.c> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .phtml AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps </IfModule> ----- But anyway, if i try to open a php file like http://192.168.1.101/test.php, I receive a download dialog (Save as...). If i...

PHP 5.2.0 and Python 2.5
Hi Guys, I need some wisdom from you. Is it possible to have PHP pages posting to python scripts on the server side and returning values back to the calling PHP files? Like, if my enterval.php form's action=" think.py", would the two scripts be able to talk to each other? Thanks and Best Regards, "Shortash" Shortash wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I need some wisdom from you. Is it possible to have PHP pages posting > to python scripts on the server side and returning values back to the > calling PHP files? Like, if my enterval.php form's action=" t...

PHP 5.1.1 for OS/2 & eComStation beta 3 now available
PHP5 OS/2 port - v5.1.1 - beta 3 This is a quick port of PHP v5.1.1 to OS/2. Currently only the cgi & cli versions of PHP are included. I do not yet have Apache modules. This is built with Innotek GCC v3.3.5 and requires libc06.dll (available from ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.0-ga2.zip). This has not been extensively tested, but has been running on smedley.info with Apache2 2.2.0 (also built with libc06) for the last month or so. Whilst there is no apache module, running the cgi php.exe with a shared php5.dll does not result in any significant performanc...

freebsd-5.2.1+ php-4.3.9 + gd-2.0.33
Hello there, I am tryin to compile PHP with GD support under FreeBSD-5.2.1: # cd php-4.3.11 # ./configure \ --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-2.0.33/ \ --with-png-dir=/usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ \ --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib/ \ --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/ .... checking for GD support... yes checking for the location of libpng... /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ If configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=<DIR> configure: error: libpng.(a|so) not found. why libpng.(a|so) not found ? # ls -l /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 160448 May 31 12:48 /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a What is my mistake? Where to read about correct way to install php + gd + libjpeg + libpng ? Encapsulin wrote: > Hello there, > I am tryin to compile PHP with GD support under FreeBSD-5.2.1: > > # cd php-4.3.11 > # ./configure \ > --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-2.0.33/ \ > --with-png-dir=/usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ \ > --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib/ \ > --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/ > > ... > checking for GD support... yes > checking for the location of libpng... /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ > If configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=<DIR> > configure: error: libpng.(a|so) not found. > > why libpng.(a|so) not found ? > > # ls -l /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a > -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 160448 May 31 12:48 > /usr/loca...