Problem with Ms Access List Box

When i add a string to Ms Access List box which contains coma "," in it
the string is separated and added as separate rows

--
sree

sreeraj
10/16/2003 6:31:43 AM
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

List Box Set Focus Problem in MS Access 2003
I have a function that will search through a list box and select a variable. I can get the item in the list box to select, but I cannot get the list box to go to the selected item. So if the user identifies a variable at the bottom of the list, the list box may not show it. Works in Access2000. THIS SEEMS LIKE THIS WOULD BE A SIMPLE PROBLEM TO FIX. Had the exact same problem. I was typing in a text box, and having entries in a listbox select or deselect based on what was typed. In my case, I was allowing multi-select, so you may not have to do all this. Private Sub txtSearchPhysicians_Ch...

Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi
Hello, the following problem: I use Delphi 6 to access a MS Access Database. In short, the Delphi Code looks like this: ADOConnection1.Open; ADOQuery1.Close; ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3]); ADOQuery1.Open; Label5.Caption:=3DADOQuery1.Fiel=ADdByName('value4').AsString; Now I only want to select these rows, where the Integer value3 ends on 1=2E So I need the Modulo-Function. I found in the Internet these two functions: MOD(x,y) und x % ...

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

Ms. Access database problem
Hello, I have a MS. Access database in XP. When I open the database in design view, users will get an error message & cannot even open the database. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks for your help in advance. Orchid What error message? Did you try the standard compact/repair routine? Thanks for your reply! The error message is: "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'Name' that prevents it from being opened or locked." Yeah, I tried the standard compact/repair routine, (which is under Tool, Database Utilities, Com...

Problems accessing informix-list
I have been encountering many problems in sending emails to informix-list. I have been sending the emails from this address and they have not been getting propagated to the list. If this gets through then it will show that the problem has been rectified. regards Malcolm sending to informix-list ...

MS Access Database SQL Problem
Hello, I'm a Belgian student and I'm having a problem with SQL in cobol. At school we use a simple MS Access database. An example of a table "Student" in the database could be: Student ------- id Automatic Numeration name Text adress Text age Numeric The problem is that I can only read fields with the type "Text". I use this code: ******************************************************* $SET SQL(dbman=ODBC, pass=admin, init, db=student) .... Working-storage section. EXEC SQL INCLUDE SQLCA END-EXEC EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC. 01 sstud...

UPDATING MS Access database problem
Hi! Why does my database not update? Code: //////////////////////////////// Connection con; ms_database = "jdbc:odbc:knjiznica"; Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); con = DriverManager.getConnection (ms_database, "", ""); Statement st= con.createStatement(); int rs = st.executeUpdate("UPDATE TABLE SET date='"+ date +"' WHERE number = "+ num +""); ///////////////////////////// There's no exception but also no result in database... date is a String type, num is int Please help!!! Thanks! ...

Re: Problems accessing informix-list
It didn't come through. cheers j. -.-- --- ..- / -. . . -.. / - --- / --. . - / .- / .-.. .. ..-. . .-.-.- / .... --- / -.. --- / .. .-.-.- ----- Original Message ----- From: "malcolm.iiug" <malcolm.iiug@btopenworld.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:06 PM Subject: Problems accessing informix-list > I have been encountering many problems in sending emails to informix-list. > I have been sending the emails from this address and they have not been > getting propagated to the list. If this gets through then it will show that > the problem has been rectified. > > regards > > Malcolm > > sending to informix-list > sending to informix-list ...

MS-Access Combo Box To List
Hi Group, I was trying to link a combo box with a list control and having some trouble with that. Could anyone please help me with that. Here's the example of the scenario. Combo Box ;- Country_Names (Pulls values from the country table(Just the country_name value)) (Each country will have a table by itself, For Example USA will be a table and it will have fields like "Area", Population", "States", "Major Cities", "Males", "Females"...etc." the fields vary from country to country. USA will have 20 Fields where as Japan will hav...

Problem Connecting to MS Access Database
I'm fairly new to VB and was wondering what the connection string for an ADODB.Connection looks like that will open an Access Database with a password???? Thanks!!!! what i have looks like this.... dim localdb as new ADODB.Connection localdb.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" localdb.Properties("Data Source") = "c:\test.mdb" localdb.Properties("DefaultUser") = "admin" localdb.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Database Password") = "mypass" localdb.CursorLocation = adUseClient localdb.Open the error i get says "Item cannot ...

Data Access Pages
Hi everyone, I have a problem with a DAP in Access 2002. I am developing it on a local PC under WinXP and so far have not tried to deploy it on a web server. The main table holds some 10,000 records. I want to offer the user a picklist in a list box, filtered according to text input by the user. If I show the list box in a popup window using ShowModalDialog, and apply the serverfilter in the BeforeDataBind event, it works fine. It only takes a couple of seconds to show me the filtered list. However, if I change the serverfilter for a list box in a page that is already loaded, it can take som...

Problem with MS Access 97 database security
All, I recently started at a company that has a number of older MS Access 97 database applications that support production and order fulfillment. There is one database with which I have the following problems: 1) no one can make modifications to the database except by logging in using the database creator's userid and password on the workstation used by that person, who has of course left the company. Anyone else who tries to access the database, even the system administrator, gets the message "You dont have the nececssary permissions to use the xxxxxxxxx object.Have your system adm...

Problem with MS Access 97 database security #2
All, I recently started at a company that has a number of older MS Access 97 database applications that support production and order fulfillment. There is one database with which I have the following problems: 1) no one can make modifications to the database except by logging in using the database creator's userid and password on the workstation used by that person, who has of course left the company. Anyone else who tries to access the database, even the system administrator, gets the message "You dont have the nececssary permissions to use the xxxxxxxxx object.Have your system adm...

Synchronizing Two List Boxes problem
Hi everyone, I have a problem synchronizing two list boxes on a form. I want to display information in the second box based on the selection in the first box. First box (List0)lists all company names from table that lists quotes. I diplay a company only once even if it is listed more that one time. The second box (List4)should display quotes for a selected company (one or more.) Here is what I have for AfterUpdate in the first box: Private Sub List0_AfterUpdate() Me.List4.RowSource = """SELECT QuoteId FROM" & _ " Quote WHERE AccountIdName = " &...

Weird Problem... MS Access create a copy of the database by itself?
What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by itself? I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I delete it manually. Then, that same user access it again, another one is created. What's happening? Thanks for your help in advance. Perry Perry, do you have Compact On Close turned on under your options? Chances are that the spurious databases are left over as the result of a faulty compact. Access 2007 can do this, but older versions can too. In general Compact on Close is not a good idea. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1176477933.206090.253790@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by > itself? > > I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click > on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name > of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a > certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I > delete it manually. Then, that same u...

Problem concatenating memo fields in MS access database
I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving non-predictably. The code is: Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEntered] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![IVF] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Diet] DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Could there be a casting problem? (I just want to append the text...

Problem with MS Access database through shared network folder
Hello guys, I have a problem with VB and Access and I'm pretty sure of its cause, but I'm unable to solve it. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions you are welcome. I have a database in MS Access 2000 format, which I use in my VB application through Data Designer (ADO). I wanted to be able to access this same database file from two computers. Earlier, it was designed only to work locally and it was okay. Later, a need for accessing it from other LAN machine appeared. I thought why not copying the same executable to that, distant machine and opening database file fr...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). ...

How To Read Records From a Table to Populate in a List Box on a MS Access Form
Hey Friends I need to read records from a table and populate a list box with the same. Can Someone Plz Help me. "Vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89a2f412.0312040531.36952b74@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > I need to read records from a table and populate a list box with the same. > Can Someone Plz Help me. Make the RowSource of the ListBox a SQL statement that retrieves what you want in the list. "SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField FROM SomeTable WHERE SomeCriteria" -- I don't check the Email account attached to this mes...

Ms Access frontend / Oracle backend problem
Hi all, I'm developing a database using Ms Access 97 as the frontend and Oracle 8.17 as the backend under win2k os. Using Oracle ODBC to link the tables in Ms Access. This database is supposed to be used by 10 users at anyone time. Everything else is working as I expected but one. The one problem is, everytime I update or insert records using SQL*Plus, the changes or the new records do not show when I open the linked table in Ms Access frontend. I had to restart my computer before the table in Ms Access showed the correct records/data. Has anyone else had the same problem? Anyone knows how to overcome this? Regards, Sid ...

Emailing multiple list box items from ms access using Lotus Notes
I am using Ms Access to send email automatically through Lotus Notes. What I require now is that I have a List Box in my form which when loads,fills in the data's from the backend table. In the body of the mail,I use the object that contains the item selected from the list. i.e. MailDoc.Body=ListBox225.Column(0) & List225.Column(1) When an email is generated,it output is as below. 126 Rupam. Now I want a syntax code that would include multiple rows from the list box and not just 1 row. Please can you help me with this I am in desparate need of it. Your help much appreciated. Reg...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

Web resources about - Problem with Ms Access List Box - comp.databases.informix

Everything you need to know about Windows 10: product keys, secret tools, essential hacks, and problem ...
... want to look up your Windows 10 product key before you reinstall. But that's just the start; read on to learn tips, tweaks, hacks, and problem ...

A graphic depiction of the problem John Kasich has right now.
I'm watching the Sunday morning shows, and I thought John Kasich gave a great interview on "State of the Union with Jake Tapper." I jumped out ...

SpaceX’s new rocket fuel is causing problems with a mission that the company will try to launch for the ...
... Elon Musk has suffered a series of setbacks that have led it to postpone the same launch three different times. The root of the problem is ...

A push to fix Detroit's housing problem
In a unique Detroit housing program, select lenders are offering guaranteed second mortgages as a way to make up for appraisal gaps.

Feds: Here’s Another HUGE Problem With Green Energy
Feds: Here’s Another HUGE Problem With Green Energy

Donald Trump poses a problem for a Republican senator in Alabama
... of Tuesday with a big enough chunk of the vote to avoid a run-off. That's thanks to the fact that Donald Trump is on the ballot, and the problem ...

The Problem with Reactionary Marketing
The Problem with Reactionary Marketing written by Alex Boyer read more at Duct Tape Marketing Digital marketing is constantly changing, and ...

If Your Business Doesn't Have Competition, You Have A Problem
... in your market can be indicative of a serious weakness. I should know: My business lacked competition for years, and it was a major problem. ...

MEATY PROBLEM Feds have big beef with Bundy's million-dollar herd
MEATY PROBLEM Feds have big beef with Bundy's million-dollar herd