Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01

bottom right side, click office, followed by edit current.  Click the mail
tab.  Go to the bottom and change mime to rich text.

Thanks to June Hunt I changed mine (mime) fairly recently!

peace

             Jonathan Leffler
             <jleffler@earthli
             nk.net>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  informix-list@iiug.org
             owner-informix-li                                          cc
             st@iiug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database
             03/15/2005 09:14          Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01
             PM

             Please respond to
             Jonathan Leffler
             <jleffler@earthli
                  nk.net>

Jonathan Leffler wrote:

> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
> --=_alternative 006497ED88256FC5_=
>
> IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14)
has
> been uploaded to CPAN.

Apologies for the MIME - I'm not sure how to configure Notes so it
doesn't send it (I thought I'd got it nailed - evidently not).

Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com

sending to informix-list
0
Darren_Jacobs

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) released
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 006497ED88256FC5_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** Note that ItWorks does not send email to anybody; you have to do that ** yourself. New in release 2005.01: * Various minor bug fixes made as reported - see ChangeLog. * Release required to handle Informix ClientSDK 2.90, which includes ESQL/C 2.90. The previous release (CSDK 2.81, included ESQL/C 9.51), and the older DBD::Informix compilation based decisions off the ESQL/C version, rejecting 2.90 as obsolete and unusable. * Note that a number of obsolete versions of ESQL/C are no longer supported. Known problem: * t/t91udts.t warns abo...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) released
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.02 (2005-07-29) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2005.02: * The changes here are all related to improved diagnostics during the build process. For example, esqlcc works in debug mode once more. * Fix bug with INT8 handling on 64-bit platforms. * Identify dubious Solaris linker flags (-z ignore is the trouble maker; -z lazyload is the memorable one; -z combreloc usually occurs with them and might or might not be damaging). * Identify dubious AIX compiler flags (-qlanglvl=ansi). * Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_RESOURCE environment variable for under-privileged Informix users (those with CONNECT privilege only). * Add DBD_INFORMIX_NO_D...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) released
--047d7b66f2393d6a7604d39d2cc7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0118 (2013-01-18) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.16.2 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2013.0118: * Bug fix release. * Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data. * Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl regex metacharacters. * Other minor improvements as documented in the ChangeLog. * Formal support for ESQL/C 7.x and 8.x (don't ask why the current version numbers are smaller) will be dropped after this release. The code w...

ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) released
--0015176f0996166e0804a58b6ddc Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 After 3 years and 1 month bar 1 day, a new version of DBD::Informix hits the streets - well, CPAN, anyway. The primary change - support for Perl 5.14.0. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2011.0612 (2011-06-12) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.14.0 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.616 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release :PRODVER:: * Minor bug fix release. * Main change is related to Perl internals and avoids the need for PERL_POLLUTE. This change is not visible to users except that Perl 5.14.x can use the fixed code. * Fixed problem with string that is not null terminated by ESQL/C library. *...

ANNOUNCE: Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0521 (2013-05-21) released
--047d7b343dca86897004dd48a93a Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2013.0521 (2013-05-21) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.10.0 - or any later version - you should be planning to upgrade to Perl 5.16.2 or later). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.623 - or any later version - is recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you successfully build this module, use the ItWorks (Perl) ** script to report your configuration to the maintenance team (meaning ** Jonathan Leffler) at dbd.informix@gmail.com. ** The ItWorks script does not send email to anybody; you have to do ** that yourself. New in release 2013.0521 * Support CSDK 4.10 for IDS 12.10 * Change work email address to jleffler@google.com New in release 2013.0206: * Bug fix release (not generally available). * Properly handle the new ESQL/C version 4.10. New in release 2013.0113: * Bug fix release. * Workaround for bug in ESQL/C 3.70 and earlier that generates error -1820 when reopening a cursor that previously fetched LVARCHAR data. * Fix for INFORMIXDIR containing Perl re...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralag...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have ...

RE: IBM .net Driver for Informix vs MSSQL .net driver
Jose, What version of CSDK you are using on the client. .NET support was introduced in CSDK 2.81.TC3 and had some problems (according to Tech Support). Even that you are using .NET, but behind the seen, the .NET provider is using ODBC (so all problem/bugs for ODBC drivers are inherited). A lot of enhancement and fixes were added to CSDK 2.90.TC3. Basim Chafik Senior Systems Analyst IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) 1.800.688.4895 basim.chafik@plx.com plexus (Division of BancTec) -----Original Message----- From: Jose da Fonseca [mailto:jose@lads.co.za] Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: IBM .net Driver for Informix vs MSSQL .net driver HI All, Has anybody had any experience with porting from MSSQL to Informix? We are have successfully ported the data from MSSQL to Informix ids 10 (two attempts - data types were a bummer). We are now finding performance issues when reading the same data from the Informix database. I am not sure what Microsoft have done in there driver but the getting of data from Informix whether ODBC or .net driver is credibly slow. This is what I have seen. Doing a select statement through dbaccess matches speed of doing same query on through enterprise manager on MSSQL. The moment you do the same query through vb.net we see the following: We have set the fetchbuffersize to max +- 32767 . On single record return selects , no visible diff...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database
Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a user who has those rights because they're a member of public? Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? Cheers Simon -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for > Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two > operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT > RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. First suggestion - don't make user 'informix' the DBA; the user already has an incredible amount of power (it's God w.r.t IDS). However, this wasn't a factor in your observations. When you created the database, was a MODE ANSI database, or a logged or an unlogged database. I am 95% sure it wasn't MODE ANSI... > Now, I could access > the entire database, including both A and B's tables by logging in as > either of the users. Yes. By default, in a non-ANSI database, public ...

RE: Informix database creation
The Raw device of 17Gb will not be useful to you on 7.31.FD6. You need to create then at 2Gb (maximum sizes are listed in your release notes), or upgrade to 9.40. Check onstat -d again...it suggests you have successfully created that dbspace and are trying to create it again. MW > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of Seweryn > Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2003 7:57 a.m. > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Informix database creation > > > Hi all, > > I'm ...

Re: Benchmarking for Informix database
Peter Chang said: > > I was wondering if there are any benchmarking tool that I can use to > calculate TPM of an Informix database on a particular server? I seem to recall that it's possible to download the TPC benchmarks from www.tpc.org ...? But the best benchmark is your own application and something like a load runner robot. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH &qu...

Re: Start informix database
May be you have more than one Informix's instances and your missed database was not created in the instance where you are looking for it. Send us the content of your sqlhosts file and the result of : echo $INFORMIXSERVER Regards ----- Original Message ----- From: "madiego" <madiego@qf21.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:04 PM Subject: Start informix database > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. &...

RE: Rowids in Informix Databases
Vijay All the tables will have rowids (they must !!), they are not visible on a normal table view but can be returned by query. If a table is fragmented (but only if (v7.31) ) it can be created WITH ROWIDS which will create a separate rowid column. Why do you need rowids? They tend to be a fudge to cover up poor or inadequate database design. Don't you have lots of lovely, simple (single column) primary keys to use to identify your records. Keith=20 -> -----Original Message----- -> From: Vijay Kumar [mailto:rudrappa@india.hp.com] -> Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 20...

Web resources about - Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 - comp.databases.informix