Re: Benchmarking for Informix database

Peter Chang said:

> I was wondering if there are any benchmarking tool that I can use to
> calculate TPM of an Informix database on a particular server?

I seem to recall that it's possible to download the TPC benchmarks from
www.tpc.org ...? But the best benchmark is your own application and
something like a load runner robot.

--

Bye now,
Obnoxio

"C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule"
  - Coluche

"I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass"
 - JCH

"Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo"
 - Marco

I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I
looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say
something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying
school.

  -- Ahmed Ahmed
sending to informix-list
0
Obnoxio

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have ...

Benchmarking for Informix database
Dear all, I was wondering if there are any benchmarking tool that I can use to calculate TPM of an Informix database on a particular server? Thanks, Peter ...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database
Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a user who has those rights because they're a member of public? Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? Cheers Simon -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for > Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two > operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT > RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. First suggestion - don't make user 'informix' the DBA; the user already has an incredible amount of power (it's God w.r.t IDS). However, this wasn't a factor in your observations. When you created the database, was a MODE ANSI database, or a logged or an unlogged database. I am 95% sure it wasn't MODE ANSI... > Now, I could access > the entire database, including both A and B's tables by logging in as > either of the users. Yes. By default, in a non-ANSI database, public ...

Re: Start informix database
May be you have more than one Informix's instances and your missed database was not created in the instance where you are looking for it. Send us the content of your sqlhosts file and the result of : echo $INFORMIXSERVER Regards ----- Original Message ----- From: "madiego" <madiego@qf21.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:04 PM Subject: Start informix database > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. &...

RE: Informix database creation
The Raw device of 17Gb will not be useful to you on 7.31.FD6. You need to create then at 2Gb (maximum sizes are listed in your release notes), or upgrade to 9.40. Check onstat -d again...it suggests you have successfully created that dbspace and are trying to create it again. MW > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of Seweryn > Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2003 7:57 a.m. > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Informix database creation > > > Hi all, > > I'm ...

RE: Rowids in Informix Databases
Vijay All the tables will have rowids (they must !!), they are not visible on a normal table view but can be returned by query. If a table is fragmented (but only if (v7.31) ) it can be created WITH ROWIDS which will create a separate rowid column. Why do you need rowids? They tend to be a fudge to cover up poor or inadequate database design. Don't you have lots of lovely, simple (single column) primary keys to use to identify your records. Keith=20 -> -----Original Message----- -> From: Vijay Kumar [mailto:rudrappa@india.hp.com] -> Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 20...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

RE: change the owner of a database in informix
Don�t post HTML. You do not have a choice on the owner of a database. If you want to change the owner of a table, index, etc drop and recreate it. MW ________________________________ From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Muthana.AL-Temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de Sent: Thursday, 3 February 2005 3:49 a.m. To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: change the owner of a database in informix Hello there, i would like to change the owner of the database in Informix: for example: I have the database called �SOSPOS� and the owner of it the user �informix�. Now I would like to change it to another name: For example: �sosx� Regards, Muthana ------------------------------------------------------------------- Muthana AL-Temimi TUHH - IuK-Referat Schlo�m�hlendamm 32 21073 Hamburg Email: muthana.al-temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de Tel.: 040 428 78 3294 EFax: 040 4279 35 160 sending to informix-list The owner of a database is the user who created the database. So you have to drop and recreate the database. As user informix: $ dbexport -ss sospos then drop the database ($ echo 'drop database sospos|dbaccess -) Change to user sosx (su sosx) $ dbimport sospos That's it! Murray Wood (IList) wrote: > Don�t post HTML. > ...

Re: Informix database creation #3
Seweryn: When you run "onstat -d" - it gives size in terms of blocks (pagesize). It can be 2K or 4 K depending upon OS. You can find out the page size using "onstat -b | grep 'buffer' | awk '{print $10}' " - this will return page size in BYTES . When you create the dbspace using onspaces - you need to mention the size of the dbspace interms of "KBytes" example: In your OS, if you have Page size 2K - then you need to start the offset from 1200000, you can go only upto 800000 KB size of dbspace due to 2GB size limitation. try thi...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

Re: Informix database creation #4
Well I dont know! I was given this advice from Infomix Support Group only Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ It's raining movies. Bollywood is flooded. http://server1.msn.co.in/features/augustmovies03/index.asp August has arrived! sending to informix-list ...

Re: Storing password in informix database
If you are on 9.x versions (with the WEB Datablade installed) , you can use a function called webpwcrypt which will encrypt your password and store it in the database. Otherwise, I would assume you'll have to write your own algorithm to do the same. The usage is as follows: select webpwcrypt(password,2194) from user where the second parameter is some kind of a seed# to generate the encrypted password. HTH. Thanx much, Rajib Sarkar Advisory Support Engineer (RAS) IBM Data Management Group Ph : (602)-217-2100 Fax: (602)-217-2100 As long as you derive ...

Web resources about - Re: Benchmarking for Informix database - comp.databases.informix

Benchmarking (geolocating) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article contains instructions, advice, or how-to content . The purpose of Wikipedia is to present facts, not to train. Please help improve ...

Benchmarking
Since 2008, Home Care Pulse has been the Private Duty Home Care leader in producing the most comprehensive annual national study on the industry. ...

Google Analytics Benchmarking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More details at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016634.html

ASUS Tranformer Pad Infinity Benchmarking - YouTube
Transformer Pad Infinity Benchmarks - http://www.netbooknews.com - We are bringing the performance of the new ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity to ...

How Benchmarking Can Improve IT Outsourcing Deals
As IT outsourcing has evolved so, too, have IT outsourcing customers' benchmarking needs. As a result, a new approach to benchmarking is necessary, ...

Apple open sources its Swift benchmarking suite
... language open source, allowing the developer community to have direct access to the platform. Much like the rest of Swift, the benchmarking ...

UL Acquires Futuremark, Expanding into Benchmarking Services
Earlier this week, in something of an unexpected move, UL (Underwriters Laboratories) and Futuremark announced that UL had acquired the benchmarking ...

Samsung defends its benchmarking shenanigans under the pretext of “substantial performance”
Over the last few days, a lot has been said about Samsung boosting the CPU and GPU frequencies on the Note 3 when running certain benchmarks. ...

Futuremark Releases PCMark for Android: Real World Benchmarking Suite
I'm going to start my article by explaining that I'm not a fan of benchmarks on mobile platforms, because it's difficult to ensure a fair comparison ...