Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #2

Paul Watson wrote:

> something like
>
> onstat -r <<EOF
> EOF
>
> should work, but I wouldn't use it on a production system

Which is exactly the same as the example given, except for the obvious
command error and the missing initial <CR> to the enter tape and press
RETURN prompt.

However, I am not convinced of the order of the answers, and I don't have
ontape to hand to test..., on dev or prod. So I agree, simply run ontape -r
and answer the prompts manually.

Cheers,
--
Mark.

+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
| Mark D. Stock          mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |////////  /|
| Mydas Solutions Ltd            http://MydasSolutions.com |/////  / //|
|                      +-----------------------------------+////  / ///|
|                      |We value your comments, which have |///  / ////|
|                      |been recorded and automatically    |//  / /////|
|                      |emailed back to us for our records.|/  ////////|
+----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+

sending to informix-list
0
Mark

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2
Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing memory Verify with ipcs -m Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release notes ( if should not impact, but you never know) If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE -----Message d'origine----- De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 � : informix-list@iiug.org Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the /etc/system on the working server KW Foo wrote: > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > &g...

Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
KW Foo wrote: > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". > > > The following are the message recorded in the online.log: > > 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. > 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. > 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check > system > max shared memory segment size > 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory more available shared memory...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 > >Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing >memory > >Verify with ipcs -m > >Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release >notes >( if should not impact, but you never know) > >If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE > >-----Message d'origine----- >De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org >[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson >Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 >� : informix-list@iiug.org >Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > >Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the >/etc/system on the working server > >KW Foo wrote: > > > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > > > Regards, > > KW Foo > ...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix #2
onmode -m takes the database server from quiescent or single-user mode to online mode. To bring the server from off-line to on-line, you should just use the oninit command. You could use the oninit -s to initialise shared memory and bring the server to single-user mode and then use onmode -m to bring it to multi-user mode. By the way, you should not use onmode -ky to shut down the server unless you are in quiescent mode. This will not perform a checkpoint and can, in some situations, lead to data loss or corruption. I recommend shutting down with onmode -yuk. This brings the database server to quiescent mode without waiting for users to finish their sessions. Their current transactions are rolled back, and their sessions are terminated. A checkpoint is completed and then database server goes to offline mode and database server shared memory is removed. The order of parameters is unimportant, but I use "onmode -yuk" because of the mnemonic value, at least for English speakers; say it out loud with me: "onmode -yuk (yuck) can avoid a big mess." I know its silly, but it sticks in the head. Check the IBM Informix Dynamic Server Administrator's Reference: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/html/25122680/25122680tfrm.htm Sincerely, Christopher Coleman Steering Committee President Kansas City Informix Users Group www.iiug.org/kciug Database Analyst Pharmacy Division Mediware Information Systems, Inc. -----Original ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #2
Hi, ontape (in older versions) has a limitation of 2 GB only if TAPEDEV is a file in the file system. If TAPEDEV is an actual tape device, then this restriction does not apply. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 17:11:49: > Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is > done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but > you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical > recovery. > > If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may > need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, > then import it back to the primary instance. > > There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum > TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning > multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some > manual intervention). sending to informix-list ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default > database but not > the database that I created.I haven't errors. > The configuration of INFORMIXDIR, INFROMIXSERVER, > sqlhosts and > onconfig is correct. > > What can I do? > > Regards, > __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > sh...

Re: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #2
I think your best bet would be to use HPL to unload data from the logged db and load it into the non-logged db as long as they both have the same schema(=table definition). Regards, Uday. "Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai" To <Aashishsr@hcl.in informix-list@iiug.org > cc Sent by: owner-informix-li Subject st@iiug.org Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases 12/09/2005 07:01 AM Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The problem comes when I try to access data across both these databases. I cannot link tables between these databases because of their logging properties. So I am dumping the data into a CSV file and loading it again but for my initial load which consists of 40+ million records it is a problem. In oracle I know we can make a separate table space and dump the data there then load the table space to another database. I don't know if such a thing is possible in Informix. Any help will be appreciated. Th...

Re: Informix Dynamic Server and DB Tuning #2
I am experiencing similar problems with users migrating from Standard Engine to IDS 9.30. It appears that some applications are more susceptible than others. What application(s) are you running? We also have experience of adding more BUFFERS, LOCKS, etc and not improving the situation, in fact some applications now take much longer. Before adding buffers check your memory usage for the whole day. If ther are times when you are already memory bound then proceed with caution. regards Malcolm --- Muthana <muthana@gmx.de> wrote: > Dear Sir, > > The question how can make DB Tuning for Informix > Dynamic Server > version 9:30 to get the query faster. > > I used IDS 9:30 and it's not quick enough like our > old Standard > Engine. > > which Parameter can i change to make that or what > shall i do? > > Regards > Muthana AL-Temimi > sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix Ontape restorals fails from disk #2
Randy, "BLOCKSIZE 512K" looks starnge. Should be "TAPEBLK 512", "LTAPEBLK 64" Though, I'm not sure that this is the problem Also, don't forget to set correct '660' 'informix:informix' ontape file permissions. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: randy_m_romero@hotmail.com [mailto:randy_m_romero@hotmail.com] > Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 1:06 PM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Informix Ontape restorals fails from disk > > Gurus, > Got a problem that I do not know how to address. I'm not an > Informix dba, I'm just SysAdmin who's job is to make hotbackups work. > > Platform Solaris8 > Informix Version 9.21.UC3 > > TAPEDEV /DBbackups/HotBackups/somefile <--backup to disk > BLOCKSIZE 512K > TAPESIZE 2048000 > > LTAPEDEV /dev/null > BLOCKSIZE 64 > LTAPESIZE 1024000000 > > I've managed to "successfully" complete an archive using ontape -s -L0 > with supposed good results. The "somefile" is a symlink to > file.1/file.2/file.3 during backups. This portion of the backups seem > to work. It is when I run the ontape -r that things seem to fail. > The restorals will take file.1...

RE: How long can an Informix database name be? #2
The database name on SE is limited to 10 characters. This is an historical anomaly based on the fact that the database name was used as the directory name where that database will be stored. Directory names in early versions of unix were restricted to 14 characters, but that was including any extension, and as informix used dbname.dbs that restricted the database name to 10 characters. And beware - on some versions that ran on DOS it was further restricted to 8 characters - but that's another story. Regards Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Sebastian, Norma J. Sent: 11 January 2005 04:18 To: informix-list@iiug.org Cc: Mark Scranton ; Sebastian, Norma J. Subject: How long can an Informix database name be? Hi all, I have a customer with a "how long can a database name be?" question. The story is they have a standard engine, and lots of small databases, and they follow a certain naming standard for database names. They are using the informix engine as an embedded product, and he(customer) did not know the root or informix password on this system. First issue is... What IDS version.... Well.... I found tools like selog and secheck in $INFORMIXDIR/bin. When run, they show: Selog DBLOG: Transaction Log File Display C-ISAM Version 7.25.UC1 Secheck BCHECK C-ISAM B-tree Checker version 7.25.UC1 When I go into Isql,...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error in shared memory initialization". The following are the message recorded in the online.log: 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check system max shared memory segment size 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory 13:45:16 Cannot Rollforward from Checkpoint. 13:45:17 Informix Dynamic Server Stopped. 13:45:18 mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments After that, we ...

Re: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #2
Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Christopher wrote: > > >>Can anyone recommend a good naming convention for database objects in >>Informix? >> >>Generally, I use my own variation on Hungarian, but I wondered if >>there is an equivalent of the RVBA (also known as Leszynski/Reddick) >>standard among Informix developers. >> >>I would also be thrilled to find a write-up I can reuse or just plain >>plagiarize. >> >>As an aside, this is to be implemented on IDS 9.4, so long identifiers >>are not an issue. > > > I generally prefix tables with this_is_a_table_called_, views with > this_is_a_view_called_, indexes with this_is_a_index_called_ ... ....And jokes with this_is_a_joke_ ... You shouldn't use your powers over the weak-minded for evil, Luke! I'm looking at a variable name in some 4GL code at the moment called g_f_or_p. Guess what values it generally contains? Now do you think I need to change it's name if I change it's contents?... Give people enough rope (chars), ... Cheers, -- Mark. +----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+ | Mark D. Stock mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |//////// /| | Mydas Solutions Ltd http://MydasSolutions.com |///// / //| | +-----------------------------------+//// / ///| | |We value your comments, wh...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Re: Help:informix database backup/restore with netbackup agent.
Hi, the message "could not fork server connection, SQLCODE -25596" means that the server (IDS's oninit processes) could not be started, or they could be started but it was not possible to connect to them. The XBSA error then is the following error caused by the resulting abort. Check whether there are any "oninit" processes running for this instance after a restore attempt ("ps -ef | grep oninit" if you have only this one instance on this machine). If there are any, remove them, remove possibly left-over shared memory segments ("ipcrm ..."). Then check that your protocol for server connections is configured properly ("onsoctcp", ontlitcp", onipcshm", ...). Then try again. For additional info you can switch on debug tracing in ON-Bar. Set the parameters in your onconfig file, respectively BAR_DEBUG_LOG to a filename and BAR_DEBUG to a digit between 2 and 6. Then try again and afterwards try to figure out from the debug log file what the problem is, or open a case with IBM Informix Tech Support and let them help you. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 17.06.2005 17:02:01: > Thanks for the help, > > I check activity log, it says: > 2005-06-16 18:57:58 13215 13213 /opt/informix/bin/onbar_d -r -w > 2005-06-16 18:57:59 13215 13213 Working with veritas-...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Cc: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>; <jleffler@us.ibm.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:12 AM Subject: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module > Hi everybody, > I have > Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 > on Red Hat Linux 9 > perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi > DBI 1.42 > DBD Informix 2003.04 > > After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I > finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . > But after running the script several times (that only connects and > disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to > connect to any database > with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database > server > Restarting the server f...

Re: Looking for a copy of informix 7.2 dynamic server
Assuming you want it for testing/learn purposes you better get ids 9.3/9.4 from iiug. Even you could get the new 10.0 from informix.com. J rbl wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone here have a copy for windows/unix that they'd like to barter > for? I'm assuming that since it's been de-supported and de-marketed by > IBM, it should be ok now. If not, apologies. > > rb > > sending to informix-list Yeah, but unfortunately I need to test specifically against 7.x for compliance reasons. There are some very large institutions that are still using it and won't budge. rb Jean Sagi wrote: > Assuming you want it for testing/learn purposes you better get ids > 9.3/9.4 from iiug. Even you could get the new 10.0 from informix.com. > > J > > > rbl wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>does anyone here have a copy for windows/unix that they'd like to barter >>for? I'm assuming that since it's been de-supported and de-marketed by >>IBM, it should be ok now. If not, apologies. >> >>rb >> >> >> > sending to informix-list > ...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix
Onmode -m only works if the engine is already started. Try oninit (no parameters, if you want to go directly to online mode), instead. --EEM > -----Original Message----- > From: alanmas@gmail.com [mailto:alanmas@gmail.com] > Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:37 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix > > Hi. > > I would like to put 'Online' and 'Offline' via command an IDS server. > I tried put a serer Offline by typing: onmode -ky and it works. > > informix@FO:/informix$ export INFORMIXSERVER=backup_source > informix@FO:/informix$ onmode -ky > > However I tried to put it Online again by typing: onmode -my but it > does not work. Does anybody knows wheter the expression is correct or > whether the server must be first in transient mode or why it does not > work? > > informix@FO:/informix$ onmode -ky > shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'backup_source' > > Thank you all. sending to informix-list ...

Web resources about - Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #2 - comp.databases.informix

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

8 Reasons to Consider Open-Source Databases for Your Business
Historically, costly commercial database systems dominated the data management landscape. But open-source database system adoption is growing ...